• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Help with my Blissey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
All right... I just want some suggestions for moves to teach it... Someone asked me for a Chansey with counter, so I naturally made one for myself too (now that I know it's possible...)

Blissey

Rash Nature

Counter
Softboiled
Substitute
???

I was just wondering if Substitute would be a good idea, and if counter will work even if you have a substitute... I was also wondering what to have for it's only offensive attack. Obviously it should be a special Attack, and Psychic is always expected...

Please post if you have any ideas

The one that inspired me/pwnt me on wifi had:
Counter
Softboiled
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

that's why i was going for mild nature
less defence = more damage on counter
more special attack = well... yea
:]

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Mmmyeah... with Blissey's Defense as low as it is, and HP as High as it is...
I'm not worried about lowering Defense... I think mine will do enough Counter Damage even with it's defense up.
but thanks for the move set... :)

Do you know anything about Counter with Substitute?

i don't actually
i think chansey might be the only one who can learn the two (and maybe snorlax)
but yea tell me how it turns out :D

I wouldn't suggest giving blissey substitute, its a huge waste, the main use of substitute is to prevent status afflictions and stat lowering, blissy has access to natural cure so it doesnt fear statuses, the only thing it actually should fear is leech seed.

As for your moveset, I reccomend

- Thunderwave
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled
- Ice beam

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Sorry... but I'm not getting rid of counter...
it was the whole reason I got another Blissey.

It doesn't look like there are any unique moves a Blissey can Learn that I don't know about already... and there isn't much strategy in peoples suggestions so far. (kinda hard to get strategy out of just one move though)

Well, I got off my lazy ass and tested it myself. Counter and Substitute do NOT work together...
would've been cool...

Considering Blissey's attack is almost as abysmal as its defense, I don't know about Focus Punch, especially since Sing isn't on this moveset. With Substitute I won't be saying anything that hasn't been said before.

I do like Counter on Blissey though because people are absolutely going to try to hit it with physical attacks and if Blissey survives the hit she can do massive damage with Counter.

So Blissey is basically there to wall Special Attackers:

Softboiled
Aromatherapy/other support move
Ice Beam/Thunderbolt/Seismic Toss/Whatever other special attack you want to stick here
Counter

I had to get advice on a Blissey not long ago too. Softboiled is to recover HP, Aromatherapy is to heal Blissey's Status conditions, a good solid special attack to help Blissey chip away at the opponents, and Counter because I can see the use and because you won't get rid of it.

And a Modest or Calm nature would be better for Blissey. But if you don't feel like breeding again don't worry about it. Besides I think her Sp. Def is high enough that it could take the hit.

I hope my advice helps a little. I was trying :)

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Since this Blissey is meant to take Physical attacks more so than most, I would rather breed it for Defense if I bred it again... I'd want a Bold Nature more than anything... If chansey gets hit by a powerhouse, or someone who has been tanked up, it can be OHKO, which makes counter useless...

Isn't Aromatherapy and egg move? ???
if it is the only way I could get it on Blissey with counter is if I teach it to Breloom via egg move before breeding counter into Chansey...

The more I think about it... the more useful Seismic toss seems for a Blissey... right now I taught it Charge Beam since I found out Substitute doesn't work with counter...

Yeah Aromatherapy is an egg move for both Happiny and Chansey. But you could also go with Heal Bell or Refresh (which isn't an egg move) as well. Good point about the Bold nature and Counter too.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
If it weren't for the Focus Sash I gave it, it would have just been killed by a Heracross about 20 minutes ago... My Blissey did 1262 counter Damage, which made me realize it's HP really isn't that High for a Blissey...

I'm still planning on EV training it in HP and Defense, if no one thinks that's a bad Idea...

Return
Flamethrower
GigaImpact
Psychic
Egads....

I dont really see why Blissey should have Counter, she cant take physical hits so well.

What you could do is add a Focus Band I guess and take out the physical threat to your blissey with that surprise.

Final Moveset that I can think of would be:

Blissey w/Focus Band
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Softboiled
- Protect/Thunderwave
- Ice beam/Toxic/Thunderbolt

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I know I'm not the best at this, but here's my suggestion.

Blissey
Counter
Softboiled
Seismic Toss/Grass Knot
Thunderwave

Counter may be surprise enough, people don't really expect a pokemon with usually super-low defense to have it. Softboiled for healing. Seismic Toss is a good attack for Blissey and can do some good damage. Grass Knot's power depends on the weight of the other Pokemon, but could be a surprise and would cover Steels/Heavy Waters like Swampert who has good Physical attacks etc. Thunderwave to annoy/Slow Down.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
With Serene Grace, Water Pulse has a 60% chance to confuse the opponent, and since this Blissey will be hitting HARD with Counter, here's my idea:

Blissey @ Focus Sash
Bold
Serene Grace/Natural Cure

- Water Pulse/Thunder Wave
- Seismic Toss
- Counter
- Softboiled

Water Pulse for the 60% chance of confusion plus damage - Blissey's Sp.Atk ain't that bad at base 75 to be fair, although it certainly isn't amazing either. Thunder Wave is also an option, and probably the better one of the two, but Water Pulse is the more fun one to use for this I think due to the 60% hax (Natural Cure ability for T-Wave since Serene Grace will be useless). Seismic Toss to wreck Substitutes, since Blissey does have problems with Sub/Focus Punch even with Counter. Softboiled for heals. You will definitely want Focus Sash for this - I came across a Counter Blissey on Wi-Fi Battle Tower once with Leftovers instead, and OHKO'd it with Infernape's Close Combat, resulting in dead Blissey and unharmed Infernape.

Because I kinda don't like Blissey, here's a joke moveset. Do not use this unless you like to lose:

Blissey @ Choice Band
Adamant
Natural Cure

- Return
- Rock Slide
- Iron Tail
- Counter

Return for STAB, Rock Slide for Flying-types, Iron Tail for Rock-types that resist Return, and Counter because it has to be there. I've heard someone actually tested this, and it turns out Return is a 27-Hit KO on Garchomp. Ownage.

MOst of the Blisseys that i have seen on Serebii are Bold Natured and Have 252 Evs in Defence, even without counter. Blissey is awesome at taking special attacks, so stick as many Evs as you want in HP, 252 in HP if you're going with Seismic Toss, but stick some in Special attack if going with flamethrower / t-bolt / Ice Beam. Counter is a great idea, as nwith MAx Defence blissey can survive all sorts of earthquakes and other non-sper-effective physical attacks! Great Idea

P

PokeRad

This is an annoying moveset for your opponents XD
EV train Blissey in defence and HP and speed

Blissey@lucky punch/whatever

Softboiled
Ice Beam
Counter
Double team/minimize

Softboiled and counter :duh ::)
Icebeam:good move for any pkmn that can learn it
Double team/minimize:To evade fighting types.
OR
Softboiled
Double Team
Aromatherapy
Counter

BUT I hate this moveset due to complete lack of attacks.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
This is an annoying moveset for your opponents XD
EV train Blissey in defence and HP and speed

Blissey@lucky punch/whatever

Softboiled
Ice Beam
Counter
Double team/minimize

Softboiled and counter :duh ::)
Icebeam:good move for any pkmn that can learn it
Double team/minimize:To evade fighting types.
OR
Softboiled
Double Team
Aromatherapy
Counter

BUT I hate this moveset due to complete lack of attacks.

Keep in mind that a lot of people battle with Evasion clause, which means both Double Team and Minimize are illegal.

Since I'm pretty sure Ruko has found a set with Counter for a Blissey, I'm pretty sure I can lock this up. If Ruko does wish to have this re-opened, I will do so, but till then, this is getting locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.