• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Time to show you dweebs how it's really done

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
OOC- Two points, before I start. The first, we are not giving up on MK, it's just that people have left us for however long. It's merely being halted for now :D

Two, if anyone joins the topic with a post Linkachu or I deem "Not good enough", the post will be removed at the poster informed. If anyone joins the topic with a post Linkachu or I deem "Oh holy shit what the fuck are you doing in RP?!", the post will be removed and the poster banned. There's your one and only warning ;p

BIC-

The ferry cut through the waves, sending white sea-spray to the side as it made its way to its destination. In the sky, the clear azure sky, there was the odd bird pokemon, flying home for summer, returning from the southern regions. In the crystal clear water below, pokemon were fleeing deeper as the surface was disturbed, scowling at the ferry as it intruded on their turf. Kirabi Yaka leaned on the railings of the ferry, looking out into the distance, the wind ruffling his sandy brown hair, making it messier than it otherwise would have been. Out in the distance, he could see islands and continents, other unexplored places with pokemon there.

"Some day, Marill-chan, we'll see all those places," Kirabi said to his pokemon, Marill, who was stood on the railing, clinging to Kirabi's arm so she didn't fall off. "We'll visit everywhere there is to visit. Someday, we'll see the world, and come back to tell the tale." Marill looked up at Kirabi, and saw the fire blazing in his eyes. Kibari, all things considered, was a normal boy. Sixteen years old, he'd lived on four island his whole life, with Marill who had been with him for as long as he could remember. Together, they had grown up, and had formed a bond that no trainer could ever hope to imitate. Marill recognised that passion in Kirabi, because she shared it. They would travel together, and for as long as they could, growing strong together and finally doing what they dreamed of.

"We'll be the best, Marill-chan," Kirabi said. "Together, you and me, we'll be the best. We'll show everyone, mum, dad, Amy... Everyone who thought we'd never do it..." Marill looked straight into Kirabi's eyes, and it was one of those moments when anyone looking at them would be able to see just how close they were. "We'll prove them wrong, and we'll be the best."

Suddenly, a voice shouted over the noise of the passengers.
"May I have your attention please? The is the captain speaking. The ferry will be docking in New Bark Town shortly. Please return to your cabins and gather your belongings," the voice said. Kirabi nodded.
"Alright Marill-chan, let's go," Kirabi said, picking Marill up and putting her on his shoulder. Quickly, they made their way down several floors to his cabin, which was really more of a closet considering his size. One single, small bed, about a foot squared floor space and a cupboard so small even a mouse would struggle to fit in it. Almost absent mindly, he started gathering his stuff, just the essentials like hairbrush, clean underwear, some spare pokeballs, a bottle of water and a sandwich, just in case.

Now, Kirabi wasn't always like that. In fact, he was only like that very rarely, when he was in a particularly thoughtful mood. The rest of the time, however, he was a lot more casual, if slightly flamboyant. He was very tall, over six foot, and he looked thinner than a garden rake in his jeans, slim-fit pale jeans that fell over his pointed, heeled boots. He also wore a very tight, white t-shirt under a nearly-as-tight white pull-over with a very high neck. Over his shoulder was an over-the-shoulder bag, filled his his necessities. Occasionally, he chose to wear some glasses, but on this occasion he did not.

"So, Marill-chan," he said, looking out at New Bark town as he stepped off the ferry. "I hear that Professer Elm-sama is the leading authority around here. Shall we pay him a quick visit?" Marill nodded, and with that Kirabi started walking across town, headed in the lab's general direction according to the visitor's map he picked up from the ferry.

OOC- Side note, please do not join this RP with a character with more than three, low-level pokemon. Just don't. Offenders will be shot. Survivors will be shot again ;p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"It almost makes you miss Four Island, doesn't it, Marill-chan," Kirabi said to Marill, who was still perched on his shoulder, holding a few strands of hair. Kirabi didn't mind, after all they had been together for so long now that he was used to it. Granted, their life had been terribly boring, since Four Island had very little on it aside from an ice filled cave and a daycare centre, but they entertained themselves. They had to, after all. Sometimes, some exciting things happened. Kirabi was one of the few people on talking terms with Lorelei, of the Kanto Elite Four, which was only natural since they were neighbours. Other than that, though, they lead fairly boring lives. This was a whole new region for them, and a whole new adventure.

"Which way is Elm-sama's lab, I wonder..." He muttered to himself, looking at the map. In hindsight, he really could have done with examining the region slightly more carefully before deciding on coming, but he hadn't really thought about it that much. He just hopped on the first ferry, and here he was. "Marill-chan, can you read maps?" Marill gave a non-committal noise, and Kirabi sighed and folded up the map, looking at the town. There weren't many buildings, not even a pokemon centre. Not too far away, however, there was an especially tall building, a fair bit bigger than the rest of the houses. Kirabi looked again, and saw behind it, a stretch of land with a number of different habitats.

"I think I found it, Marill-chan," Kirabi said, pointing. Marill nodded. Without any further ado, Kirabi made his way to the lab. As he walked, he noticed that New Bark was not a very busy town. He also noticed that on the ferry - there were not that many passengers. It made him wonder vaguely why there were ferries to New Bark if there weren't ever many passengers. However, his thoughts were interrupted as some cut across his path. Someone with midnight blue hair, that seemed to... shimmer, followed by a small pokemon Kirabi didn't recognise. He caught the boys eyes momentarily, and saw that they were a very attractive gold colour.

"Ooh, what do you think, Marill-chan?" Kirabi asked. Marill rolled her eyes. "It looked like he was heading for Elm-sama's laboratory," he continued, his voice surprisingly calm and cool. Marill nodded again, prompting Kirabi to continue walking, following the path that the mysterious blue-haired boy had run along. It wasn't a long walk, he discovered, since New Bark was such a small town, and within minutes he had reached the automated glass doors that marked the entrance to the lab. As he approached, the doors slid open silently, and allowed him entry.

"Oh, well this is nice, isn't it Marill-chan?" Kirabi said, smiling. He was in some kind of reception area, a very clean one at that. The floor was black and white checked tiles, perfectly clean as though they had just been scrubbed moments ago. The walls were a pleasent orange colour, that gave the room a warm glow. Lined against the wall were some comfortable chairs, with tables stacked with various books and such on them. However, Kirabi's eyes fell on the person waiting for the receptionist. That blue-haired teenager. He promptly approached the desk, and waited his turn to see the receptionist, who currently wasn't there.

"Hello," Kirabi said. His voice had a strange confidence to it, but not so much that it sounded cocky. It was a calm, soothing voice, but one that suggested strength when it was needed.
"Oh hey," Kaon replied. "Receptionist on break, typical."
"It's not so bad," Kirabi shrugged. "I'm Kirabi, and what can I call you?"
"I'm Kaon. Kaon Ajimi," Kaon replied, extending a hand.
"Kaon? Can I call you Kaon-kun or Kaorin instead?" Kirabi replied, shaking Kaon's hand and smiling. Kaon blushed slightly.
"Uhh... Anyway, how come you're here?" Kaon said, hoping that if he skated over the question, he could pretend it didn't happen.
"Oh, I came to see Professor Elm-Sama," Kirabi replied. "I'm new to the region. What about you?"
"To see Elm," Kaon said, nodding. "I run errands for him. Just need to wait for the receptionist to return."
"Of course," Kirabi said. He smiled again, then went to sit on one of the chairs. As Marill jumped to the chair next to him, he picked up a book on Johto Pokemon, and started to read, glancing at Kaon every so often.

OOC- Any problems, Katie, and let me know xD I'll fix it.

OOC:Because I don't really know how english measurements works so I'll use cm and kg, if it's ok with you guys.

BIC:

Jack closed the door from his house as he left to start his adventure. At his age, 11 years, it was normal to leave his home and become a pokemon trainer. With the door closed he now started walking to prof. Elm's lab. He walked slowly, so he could think about his choice. He was still unsure if he should go with chikorite or with totodile, both pokemon seemed great to him but he had to choose.

Jack was a boy standing out from the crowd, not because of how tall he was, but because of his looks. He hadn't always lived here, his parents and he moved here a couple of months ago. It has been a very hectic time, as they migrated from Kanto to Jotho, but now things were going as normal again, he started his journey.

Jack stood 155 cm tall and had an athletic bodyHe wore simple clothes consisting of; a black shirt with a white tribal print, camo green shorts and sturdy sandals. His hair was half long, brown coloured. He also wore a bracelet, an amulet, given by his father.

It didn't took long before he reached the big building that was prof. Elm's lab. There he stood, looking to the start of his new journey. He still couldn't believe he really was gonna be a pokemon trainer. He could feel a tremble going up his spine.

"There it is... The start of my new journey" He said to himself while looking at the big building, "It is time to start, time to overcome my fears and weaknesses. Time to becoem a trainer." he stepped one foot forward, before walking to the door.

He slowly stepped forward, part cautious, part nervous. His nervousity almost got to him when he walked through, his mind got black. He couldn't really see what he was doing and before he got to himself again, he bumped into someone. Being weak from nevousity he fell back, while trying to get up he didn't dare to look up into the persons eyes.

"I..... I'm sorry" He stuttered nervously.

OOC: I hope this was good enough, sorry if i was vague at some points but im still new at this.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
"SHUT HIM DOWN!" His brown, spiked hair whipped around his face in the buffeting wind as Gary Oak barked his commands to the Charizard hurtling past his head. Its target was the Typhlosion nearby, massive jets of flame erupting from its mouth at Charizard and narrowly missing on each occasion.

A few metres behind Typhlosion stood a young male, his getup casual but efficient - a backpack slung across him and a string of Pokeballs clasped around his belt. He was young, but to Gary age was a meaningless indicator of skill in this Pokemon world - he was Champion of the Kanto league before he had even reached his teenage years. Now he was into his twenties and still finding serious competition in people that weren't even born when he became Champion.

This lust in the youth to be the best - seeing something in their eyes that once burned fiercely in his - was the reson he was here today. In New Bark Town, or rather just outside of it, surrounded by a group of about a dozen young trainers eager to learn. They had all started their journey here in New Bark Town, or were about to in the coming weeks, and jumped at the opportunity to battle a legend. None had come here to win - the battle itself was everything.

Typhlosion's feet suddenly felt the ground beneath them vanish. A stream of molten heat still poured from its mouth straight into Charizard's chest. It didn't even faze the mighty beast as it took off into the sky, Typhlosion locked in its arms and frantically trying every trick it could think of to escape what it knew was coming.

"Typhlosion - use Flame Wheel!" The young trainer yelled, shock and desperation clearly evident on his face. He'd seen Charizard pull this attack off flawlessly a hundred times on a hundred different opponents on TV. A signature move that finished the match in almost every occasion. Not once had he ever seen a Pokemon escape the dreaded Seismic Toss.

Flame erupted around Typhlosion's entire body as it initiated it's own most powerful attack, Charizard's well trained steel grip was not put off by the flames however. The Pokemon failed in its attempt to use the energy to break free and Charizard merely pulled it up higher and higher into the sky.

Typhlosion's trainer stared upwards - his mind a sudden blank slate - watching the end of the battle near and seeing nothing he could do about it. Gary, meanwhile, stood watching the trainer intently. The action continued to rage in the skies above him, and his eyes were trained solely on the young man across the battlefield.

Suddenly there was a loud whistling noise above, the noise of something dropping at a massive velocity. Seconds later, Typhlosion smashed into the ground in front of Gary - his eyes never wavering from the Trainer across from him until a flash of red light saw an unconcious Typhlosion withdrawn from battle and a dismayed, defeated look on the kid's face.

"You nearly had me, you know." Gary finally broke his stare and his silence, his opponent looking up from his defeated Pokemon's Pokeball and into Gary's surprisingly kind eyes. "Your Typhlosion made the mistake of trying to use it's energy against Charizard up there. Had you had the training to use Flame Wheel's power to work against your opponent's physical energy, you would have broken free from Charizard's grip rather easily and that could have decided the match in your favour."

The teenager was stunned, he hadn't even dreamed of what Gary had just proposed being possible. Gary walked across the battlefield towards him, held out his hand - long black leather jacket reaching down to his wrist and flapping around him in the wind as Charizard came down to land beside him.

"You have the potential to be great. Learn to think outside the box a bit and you have the potential to be fantastic." Gary shook the lad's hand and smiled. "Thankyou." The boy said in return, nodded and headed back off into town to heal his Pokemon.

"That end's todays demonstrative battles." Gary said as he turned to the rest of the 'class' amassed safely on the ledge above the makeshift battlefield. "I hope everyone picked up some useful tips and ideas from this little exercise and I hope to see you all in the Johto League very soon."

Amid the round of applause, Gary bowed and also headed back into town with Charizard in tow. Checking his PDA he noted that his appointment with Professor Elm was in mere minutes and stowed the device back into his pocket. "I would rush, Charizard," Gary muttered to his loyal Pokemon while they meandered through the grassy route into town. "But knowing Elm, he'll probably be about 20 minutes late himself..."

He very much doubted the prophecity of his statement as he approached and entered the infamous Elm Labratories...

OOC: Yeah, I get to break the rules 'cos A) I wont be participating in the same way as the rest of you will and B) I'm the boss. :)

(Okay, without any further interruptions, I shall post. And yes I do have a tendency for using more than one character.)

The cool, marine blue waves of the sea gently lapped at the shores and docks of New Bark Town. The ferry was docked gently at one of the wooden platforms, yet behind the ship, two figures bobbed gently on the waves. Both were trainers, both were eleven, one was gently being towed along through the waters, his hand latched on a brown, curved platform, the other was zooming through the water attached to an orange lump of fur. The trainer towed by the brown platform was idly reading a book, careful to keep the foamy spray of salt water off his book; he had smooth, dark blue hair, a pair of thick sunglasses, a blue T-shirt, black cargo pants, and black Converse shoes. He pack was slumped on top of the brown hardness like a half-filled grain sack.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
OOC: You should be receiving a PM from Yoshimistu, Chibi. With that said, I'm just going to reply as if our characters hadn't encountered each other yet.

BIC:

Kaon stood silently at the desk with Pyre in tow as he waited for the receptionist to return, occasionally eying this

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Gary smiled and waved as the two young lads headed out the door. Running errands for Professors in small towns seemed to be disturbingly common, he thought as his mind cast itself back to his own Grandfather back in Pallet Town.

"Well," Gary started as he turned around to Elm again, reaching into his coat and withdrawing a fairly sizable green hued egg. "Here's this month's egg. The father was a very nice Breloom raised and trained in the Sinnoh region by a trainer I met in the mountain range there." He handed the egg over to Elm, his eyes lighting up as he gazed over it.

"A Breloom you say?" Elm pondered as he took the egg over to the incubator on his desk.

"Yup, had a mean Counter attack on it too - I was hoping we could use this as an opportunity to help establish that Pokemon can learn attacks they wouldn't normally be able to learn if their father of a different species was adept at it. I know people have claimed such cases in the past, but I've provided you with paperwork from conception onwards that should allow you to create a proper thesis around it and submit it to the Pokemon Science Journal." Another reach into his coat produced a folder of paperwork as promised - all of it signed and stamped to confirm its officiality.

"My, my, Gary. This certainly should be enough to finally prove and confirm my long-standing theory! I don't think I can thank you enough." He looked up from the paperwork, across to the egg and back to Gary. "For everything, my lad."

"Don't worry about it, Professor. I'm really more than happy to be able to help. Anything that helps further knowledge of our Pokemon world is something I'm happy to be a part of." He smiled as Elm thanked him again and gave him a firm handshake, before turning to file away the paperwork and care to the egg's incubation.

"Before I go, Professor..." Gary said, watching out the door to the labs and the two boys that had been here previously heading off into the middle distance. "What exactly did you give those two lads?"

Elm smirked and turned away again back to the egg. "If you're that interested, why don't you go with them and find out? Knowing Kaon, I daresay those two could gain quite a lot of benefit from your special brand of help."

Gary smirked as he and Charizard made for the door. "You know what, Professor? I might just take you up on that offer." The two chuckled as Gary left and made after the two errand boys.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
"Oh, so this is your house, Kaon-chi?" Kirabi asked politely as he and Kaon stopped outside of a building. It was pretty simple as far as buildings went, two floors, front door, and a garden filled with a number of different flowers.
"Kaon-what? No, never mind," Kaon said, rubbing his temples. "Yeah, this is my house."
"It's very nice," Kirabi continued, as they walked up the path leading through the garden. "My house isn't nearly as nice. Are these roses?" He bent down to examine a bush laced with vivid red flowers. "And tulips too. Your garden is lovely, Kaorin." Kaon chose to ignore these comments as he unlocked the front door and stepped inside.

"The inside is nice too," Kirabi said as he entered the house, silently closing the door behind him.
"Anyone would think you live in a cave or something," Kaon muttered, turning away from Kirabi and heading for the stairs.
"My parents didn't really care for the house," Kirabi said, his voice still very polite. "They dedicated themselves to other pursuits."
"Oh, well... stay there a sec, I just need to grab my bag," Kaon said, running upstairs. Kirabi nodded, and looked around himself at the house. It was fairly plain, but had a very homely feel to it. Over to the right, he could see the living room through the door, which was open no more than a crack. To his left, the kitchen which looked spotless. On the walls there were a few pictures, mostly of Kaon and his mother. A bit down the room, he saw a bookshelf lined with a number of different books.
"We've only been in New Bark for a short time, and we've already made a friend, Marill-chan," he said to Marill. "And we met Oak-san and Elm-sama. Quite an adventure, wouldn't you say?"

"Alright, let's go," Kaon said, reappearing at the top of the stairs, now with a black bag over his shoulders. Kirabi turned and opened the door, stepping out to look at the garden again. He heard the lock click behind him, and immediately turned to follow the path out of New Bark. The pair walked in silence for a few minutes, Kaon not wanting to be called another name like Kaon-kun or Kaorin or whatever else Kirabi thought up. Kirabi was examining his surroundings as he walked, watching as the town slowly turned into wilderness as they got further and further down the path. After a few more minutes, Kirabi broke the silence.
"Is there any way to get a map on a pokegear?" He asked, extracting his turquoise pokegear from his bag.
"Huh? Oh, yeah, I'll send you a map of Johto," Kaon replied. "What's your number?" A minute later, Kirabi's pokegear beeped.
"Thank you very much, Kaon-kun," Kirabi said, smiling.
"... No problem," Kaon replied.

Suddenly, something darted past them, something small, brown and white with an exceptionally long tail. Kirabi looked up to see it stop a fair bit ahead, standing on its large tail, looking ahead.
"Hey, a Sentret," Kaon said. Kirabi looked at it.
"Sentret?" He asked politely.
"Yeah, a normal type," Kaon explained. "Not that strong, fairly common..."
"It's adorable," Kirabi said. He turned his head slightly. "Marill-chan, are you ready?" A gentle cry was his reply, and Marill jumped from his shoulder.

"Marill-chan, please, a Rollout," Kirabi said. Marill nodded and ran at the Sentret, jumped, tucking in her limbs and launching herself into a constant forward roll, picking up speed as she moved closer and closer to the normal-type. In the last second, Marill rolled over a rock that caused her to rise slightly, and ploughed straight into the Sentret's main body, knocking it over and sending it skidding along the dirt. However, the cute pokemon was already on its feet, or rather tail again as Marill rolled to a halt and stood up straight again. With deceptive speed, Sentret lunged forward, bringing its tail swinging round in a Slam attack.

"Defense Curl, maybe Marill-chan?" Kirabi suggested. Marill quickly tucked in her limbs again, stiffening her body as the tail impacted, throwing her to the side. She flipped in the air and landed on her feet again.
"And perhaps a Water Gun?" Kirabi added. Marill ran at the Sentret again, jumping into the air higher than anyone could have thought a Marill could jump. She sucked in air for a second, then blasted a surge of water from her mouth that caught the Sentret dead on, forcing him to the ground under the pressure. Slowly, however, the Sentret started to stand up under the force of the water, and climbed back up on his tail. Marill stopped spitting water, but she was still very much in the air, her water gun keeping her up there. Suddenly, the normal-type pokemon shot upwards, moving so quickly he appeared to be a blur, and slammed right into the unlucky water mouse, throwing her even higher.

"What about an Aqua Tail, Maril-chan?" Kirabi asked. Marill spun in the air, regaining her balance, and set her sights for the Sentret, who had just landed again, gazing up at her descending form. Marill grabbed her trail, the spring-like form allowing her to wield it like a flail, the ball starting to glow a vivid aqua colour. She spun it round in her hand, faster and faster until it looked like a disc rather than her tail. As soon as she got close enough, she threw it forward, using all the momentum built up to boost the attack's power. It hit home, smacking the Sentret in the stomach and throwing it back once more.

"Thank you Marill-chan, that was fantastic," Kirabi said, pulling a pokeball from his bag. Without a moment's hesitation, he threw the ball at the Sentret, sucking it into the device. The pokeball shook for a minute, the button glowing bright red, before finally settling down and returning to normal. Kirabi smiled and picked up the pokeball, putting it back in his bag.

"Tail-kun is rather cute, isn't he?"

"We outta find a store or a laundromant or some kid with a fire pokemon." Ismau remarked as he and Takeshi carefully exited Professor Elm's lab. Takeshi looked back at him.

"That'll only waste our time," he said, "we should just keep going and let the sun do its work." He said, absently-mindly pointed above his head.

"But in the meantime these clothes will get all itchy and dry and-"

"-and you should stop complaining." Takeshi finished, dragged the eleven year old behind him as he went down the path leading out of New Bark Town. "And it was really your own fault. You should play with Tsukiko more so she isn't so hyper all the time."

"I can't remember a time when she wasn't hyper." Isamu retorted. He jerked his arm out of Takeshi's grip and followed him, giving one last, longing glance at the town behind them.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Gary smirked at the startled responses he received from Kaon and Kirabi and wandered over to the apex of the hill a few feet away - looking out into the horizon to see the buildings of Cherrygrove City in the distance.

"You know, a friend of mine once described the Johto League as the toughest of the lot. A lot of trainers that visit the region are hardened from adventures in other regions beforehand - and it makes them challenging and valuable opponents." Gary mused before glancing back at the two teenagers and their young, unevolved Pokemon.

"Personally, I love the region purely for the fantastic legends that were born here. Hoenn has Pokemon that created continents, Sinnoh has Pokemon that supposedly created the world. But Johto has legends that were born purely out of the spirit of Pokemon and humans working and living together in harmony..."

Gary paused, stared out into the distance for a few seconds, then turned and stepped back towards the other trainers.

"If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to join you on your journey to Violet City." Kaon's shocked expression visibly widened further.

"I have a minor bit of business to attend to at the Gym while I'm here in the region anyway, but after seeing you battle, Kirabi - I'm interested to see just what potential you have." He looked from Kirabi and Marill to Kaon and Cyndaquil. His mind wandered back to Elm's claim that Kaon would be quite benefiting from his 'brand' of aid.

"Hmm..." Gary mused on these thoughts for a second, then reached onto his belt and produced a Pokeball, enlarging it and holding it out towards Kaon. The wind seemed to whip around him ominously at that very second.

"I think the best way for me to see your potential with Cyndaquil here is if I battle you myself. Do you accept a challenge of a quick one on one battle?" Coat and hair billowing around him in the wind and the sun behind him casting shadow onto the trainers before him, Gary stared into Kaon's eyes, watching intently for any signs he could read from the trainer as to what was racing through his mind at that very moment...

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
"Do not worry about winning." Gary called over to Kaon as he slowly agreed to battle. "Focus only on the fight."

He tossed his Pokeball into the field in front of him and was illuminated by a sparking flash of red light as it emptied its inhabitant onto the ground below. Sitting now, jiggling around atop the grass was a small, jelly-like, purple creature.

"Ditto, Transform!" Suddenly the small purple Ditto was gone, its jiggling ceased - in its place was another Cyndaquil, fire sparking up along its back and the genuine cry of the tiny shrew Pokemon heard as Ditto stretched out and got to terms with its new body.

"I was once taught by a great trainer in the Kanto region that the toughest opponent you can face is yourself. You're about to find out just how true that is! The first move is all yours, Kaon."

Gary slipped his hands into the pockets of his leather jacket and watched out across the battlefield to Kaon - interested to see what his reaction would be and how he'd make his move.

As the sun shone high above him, he continued the hike down from Blackthorn City to see Elm-sama. He strode down Route 29, passing through a large meadow in the cool-aired mountains. The rugged mountain provided a nice place to train and catch Pokemon. A spring lake and a nasty cave he passed by earlier made the long walk slightly more interesting. He noted to himself that the cave would be good to look for some cave dwelling Pokemon later. As he neared the bottom of the mountain, he decided to have a quick stop and released two of his Pokemon out of their balls. A weasel looking like creature and a distinctly colour bird Pokemon.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Gary watched over the scene unfolding before him, smoke now trying to obscure Kaon's Cyndaquil as it made its move underground. It didn't take much work to figure out where it had gone once its silhouette had disappeared among the cloud though.

"Ditto, use Defense Curl!" Ditto leaped upwards into the thick of the smoke, understanding why Gary requested that move specifically and pulled its Cyndaquil form inwards, leaving only really its back and flames exposed as it began to spin around quickly in mid-air. The flames licked around its body, the speed of its rotation effectively covering it in a ball of fire.

"Now, faster!" Gary watched the smoke floating around the field being sucked in by the fireball vortex Ditto was creating and slowly dissipate, clearing the air and leaving the hole Cyndaquil had disappeared down visibly exposed.

"SWIFT!"

Stars of energy slowly began to circle around Ditto as the smoky fireball continued to spin around before streaking off towards the torn up earth Cyndaquil had left behind and seeking out their target.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Kaon could only watch as his strategy crumbled before his eyes, the earth erupting as Pyre reemerged and shot up into the air, only to be bombarded harshly with a stream of shimmering stars. The force of the blow sent the Cyndaquil tumbling back through the air to slam down against the ground, the sheer strength behind the Swift attack unmistakable.