• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Official Shiny Pokemon Thread

Recently I decided to try and get a shiny from a horde, but it was taking so long that I began to not pay attention to the screen for the shiny sparkle at the start of a battle.

It wasn't until I checked my Pokedex did I confirm my suspicions. I encountered a Shiny Wingull at some point, but the difference from a regular Wingull was so small I never noticed orz

I encountered a second one not long after and thankfully managed to catch it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
20140815_020200.jpg

^__________^

Caught this little guy in the early hours while catching a couple of Ditto. Pink Dunsparce, eeeeee ♥

View attachment 112584

^__________^

Caught this little guy in the early hours while catching a couple of Ditto. Pink Dunsparce, eeeeee ♥

Relating to this(I guess)

While I was playing Pokemon LeafGreen, that certain cave where the hiker gives you a nugget. Later on to the point where the cave was finally finished, I ran into the patch of grass and I ran into a Shiny Dunsparce, this was before I had internet, I didn't have any guides and I never knew there were shinies. I ran into one, I ran because I assumed it was a female with the color (like Nidoran, and the Dunsparce was female so). And once I realized it was a shiny *sighs*.

I do however remember catching my first shiny which was Venonat in PkMn Crystal, and my second was a Ralts in Ruby (I'm just glad it Wally didn't get the shiny).

i dont have to many but im very careful when i encounter a shiny and luckily im usually rich enough to get many ultra balls. ones ive caught are skorupi, poochyena, ferroseed (now a ferrothorn), the lake of rage gyrados and a few more. i also once got a shiny kingdra from gts and i accidentally made the nature preserve haxorus faint with my regices ice beam. i was mad and the elite 4 are extremely tough to beat, not even my level 81 gardevoir can beat them (if i only had my lugia…)

I'm not super lucky with encountering shinies, in fact I'm pretty sure they hate me ;_;
The first shiny I ever saw was in Emerald, it was a Shiny female Electrike. When I saw it I was so excited, but then my sister snatched the game out of my hand and fainted it :@
I caught a Shiny Minun in the same game, but it restarted about 2-3 weeks later :(
In White I encounted a Shiny Male Audino while leveling up my Lucario Shenzi. I caught him and named him "The Beast" because my little brother wanted me to :D
In Y I have only caught one shiny in the friend safari, which was a male Ninetales with hidden abilty. I named him Okashira, which comes from Okami (which is what my sister told me to name him) and I decide to add shira (which I'm pretty sure isn't a real word) at the end, because it sounded cool:p
I have caught 5 shinies while Chain Fishing, a Shiny Gyarados(lol), 2 shiny Skrelp (which I both gave away), a Shiny Dragalge, and a shiny Octillery (which I also gave away for a shiny Fennekin:love:).
Shinies that have been given to me on Y are:

. Shiny Virizion:love:
. Shiny Dialga
. Shiny Palkia
. Shiny Fennekin(now a Delphox) - Female, with hidden ability
. Shiny Oshawott(now a Samurott) -Male
. Shiny Rayquaza
. Shiny Roggenrola (now a Gigalith) - Female
. Shiny Shinx - Male
. Shiny Solisis(now a Reuniclus) - Male
. Shiny Hoppip(now a Jumpluff) - Female
. Shiny Ho-oh
. Shiny Purrloin(now a Liepard) - Male
. Shiny Pawniard(now a Bisharp) - Male
. Shiny Lucario - Male
. Shiny Foongus - Female

Yeah thats all really ^^

Unlike a lot of people, I never, never, ever, ever find shinies in the friend safari, Ninetales was the only one. Since then, I've looked for hours upon hours, and seen nothing :(
Like I said, Shiny Pokemon hate me.... *sigh* I just want to find a shiny Sliggoo so I can name it custard....
I think the only reason I don't encounter any shinies in the FS is because I haven't got the Shiny Charm, and I know for sure that I'll never get it, I can't be bothered to complete the entire PokeDex, I concentrate more on leveling up my Pokemon.

Anyway that is it for now, hopefully I do find a shiny in the friend safari soon :)

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
The only two shinies that I've personally encountered were a shiny Seviper in Emerald, which I accidentally killed, and this shiny Wingull I just found on my friend's X game. I'm keeping him anywho~

So far in Pokemon X I've found Shiny Hoppip, Mareep, Zangoose, Helioptile, Gastrodon and Masquerain. :D It's the most shinies I've ever found by myself on one save file. :3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I've found a shiny Minccino and Swanna so far in addition to the Wingull and dead Seviper from last time. I tried chaining for a Furfrou but my chain broke at 37, before I could actually get one. Sadness :< @Dinova and @Ruko have been kind enough to trade me some other shinies like a female Eevee (now Sylveon) from Dinova and a Mamoswine and 4IV Impish Prankster Klefki from Ruko.

So here is my shiny experience:
All legit pokemon was on Y
I was traded a shiny POliwhirl(the frog)
Next day i shiny hunted for doduo, broke my chain, found female shiny Gulpin
2 months later found shiny Emolga via Friend Safari
5 weeks later random shiny Kecleon looking for pokemon to name "no srry" or "yes plz"
3 days later(last night) Shiny Woobat trade for regular Greninja

12.18.14 UPDATE: OMG SHINY NOIBAT ON SUNDAY!!!

Last edited:

Burgundy

Formerly SuperSableye24
Omg this game.
So I was DexNav chaining for a Prankster Sableye in Granite cave last night. Caves are already hard to DexNav in, and the layout of the room was not helping either. While I was spending way too long for something I didn't even need, I found a Shiny Abra! My Great Ball shook THREE TIMES AND BROKE. TnT
At least I managed to find Prankster Sableye though. After I got my search level to the 50s! D:<

I'm NavDex chaining for s shiny Eevee on AS. It is actually kinda difficult since there will always be this one Eevee that decides to run away even before a start sneaking. It's so annoying >:( But 'meh', what did I except, shinies hate me, and as far a Pokemon games go, I'm always plagued with bad luck. Looks like that shiny Eevee may never be mine :( I might as well give up…..

I Remember in Pokemon emerald I was surfing to the sky pillar and Surprise! A Shiny Wingull! I was so happy I caught him and named him Sol. After the time I had to wake up rayquaza and battle him I found out something I never knew before. Legendaries could also have shiny forms. A SHINY RAYQUAZA! But I forgot to save ;-; And killed it....

The only shiny I've ever had was a shiny Snover in X, which I later evolved into an Abomasnow. But one time my sister had a shiny Charmander in Fire Red. Oh and I had the shiny Entei from the HG/SS event when the Zoroark movie came out.

Hydroblade

Formerly Magic Jack
I got most of my shinies through trade, but in my first horde battle in ORAS, I found a shiny oddish, I was really on edge as I knocked out the four other oddish and then I used my metang to use hold back to set the shiny oddish to 1hp, then I caught it, and that's the story of how I caught my first shiny pokemon ever

Rio1ink

Formerly Derpy Lucario
Got a shiny charizard(with pokerus), a shiny metagross, encountered a shiny volbeat(random), and a shiny absol(dexnav chaining)(chain count: 57), and got a shiny roselia, for trading my shiny volbeat, am now trying 4 a shiny(by Masuda method-ing) charmander(giving it away, when I get it) froakie(keepin), and chimchar(keepin, til its an infernape) WANNA trade?, got all the starters, FC is in my profile...

And a shiny pelliper just randomly appeared...

Last edited by a moderator:
The first shiny I had found random was a Kadabra, and what do you know.. IT TELEPORTS AWAY! That nightmare.... the second shiny I've had was a shiny Mewtwo level 100 with a masterball.. then lost my data... CURSE POKEMON PEAR FOR ITS BAD LUCK!!!

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
So far I've accidentally gotten a few shinies while hunting for hidden abilities; my favorites of the lot are my Petilil and Gligar, though I also have a Maractus.

I tried to catch a shiny Heracross that appeared as well, but it killed itself with Double Edge. Sadness :<

voidaquariums

Formerly Luxray901
How have I NOT discovered this thread until now?!
Shiny Gyarados from HG, named Tank
Shiny Shinx and Manectric, chained and random, from Platinum, named Lucy and Thunderdog (FUS RO DOG!)
Shiny Gible from B2 from Benga.
Only four shinies.
GAWSH.
Edit: I found Shiny Abra. OH GOD YES I CAUGHT IT AAAA (named Horseshoe)

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Currently trying to Dexnav a shiny Poochyena in OR. Chain value about 65, no luck so far.

Although I did get a 3IV Sucker Punch Rattled one.

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
Gave up the Poochyena chain in order to hunt an HA Mawile for @Kyubeon.

JUST NOW ran into a shiny Whismur, I wasn't even Dexnaving. Just went to try to get HA Skitty, and BAM! Shiny. That was awesome. Named it Crumpets.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
whOA SO WHILE EV TRAINING THIS BUGGER SHINY ZIGZAGOON POPS OUT AT ME and I'm just all "oh fuck that I'll just catch you"

IT HAS ITS HIDDEN ABILITY AND 2IVS AND IT WAS NOT DEXNAV'D CJNXVHXSDLJKCHSLDZGJLA

I can't stop spazzing help

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Guys guys you won't believe this.
I just hatched my first shiny egg.
And the thing is, I didn't even use Masuda Method. It literally just happened.
And the best part?
The baby is PERFECT for competitive. (Jolly, 5IVs save for Sp. Att, HA, and all the egg moves I need)
Damn I'm not going to give you up for anything in the world. :'D