• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I voted Gary. though I dont like him and think hes a jerk without a sole I still think he is Ashes best rival.

also I dont know if I spelled sole right

I think you mean "soul". Yeah, your situation is basically a backwards version of mine. I almost voted for Gary, mainly because that battle he had with Ash at the Silver Conference was one of my favorite battles and that he has an Elecable, but then I remembered how much hated Gary for being such a jerk.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have an idea for a poll best Pokemon to represent Thanksgiving

Alrighty, but who'd be included in it? ^^;

Anyways, it's obvious that this poll isn't gonna change, so I'm ending it early. Instead, we're switching to May's rivals.

I've been wondering something, though. For polls like best regional gym leaders, does it make sense to include DP? How many people here actually know that much in depth info about the games? ... It's like with Shinji for this past poll. I can't help but wonder how different it'd be if the majority of people actually knew who he was and what he was like - because the guy rocks. I'll save the spoilers for a different topic =o

Anyways, May poll is up. Vote away! ... And let's hope things don't go as one-sided this time >>;

alright for me it would either be between Harley and Drew, but since I hate Harley and Harley dresses and sounds gay ;D I voted Drew.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I actually voted Harley for the reasons you hate him ^^

Well, partially. There's nothing better than an antagonist who's actually mean ;p I haven't seen the final Battle Frontier episodes yet so I don't know if Harley becomes less cruel, but I kinda hope he doesn't. He's fun the way he is. I mean, who doesn't love watching May get dissed by a gay guy? ^^

Actually, Harley is just an interesting character in general, and seems to stand out from the rest. Even if you hated him, he's the type you'd love to hate ;)

I actually predicted the popular vote well again! ^_^ So I voted for Drew, cuz of all the shippiness and the fact that he looks really weird with his head-to-body ratio...plus, he has a nasal-y voice and a Roselia. *shrugs* Plus, he is like May's TRUE rival-there from close to the beginning, always challenging her, and she pays more attention to him.

Yup.

X3

Edit:

It's like with Shinji for this past poll. I can't help but wonder how different it'd be if the majority of people actually knew who he was and what he was like - because the guy rocks. I'll save the spoilers for a different topic =o

I voted for Shinji, Linky-chan! ^_^

I voted for Drew due to the fact I see him as May's "true rival". Whos always there to make May jealous and/or mad? Drew. He gloats and he makes it known he thinks hes the best and May...well...isnt. Thus in SAT form....

Ash is to Gary as May is to Drew.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
See, I do agree to that fact - Drew IS May's "Gary". He seemed to be less gloaty last time I saw him, though, and what usually comes to mind when I think of him is less of a rivalry and more May + Drew shipping. Yes, I'm a "May/Drew shipper". Don't spread it around :O

And aye, rinok. Might use that Thanksgiving idea for a "short poll". Rainbow Turkey ftw! ;)

Might as well go whole hog: an Oddish garnish, Exeggcute Benedict, Shellder chowder, stuffed shiitake Paras, Combusken wings (self-cooking!), Miltank steaks... I think you can see where I'm going. :p

Gonna have to say Drew on this one. Had a hard time deciding between him and Harley at first. However, in my eyes, Harley is more comparable to, say, Team Rocket than to Gary.

I'm not denying that Harley is awesome though - he's like a flamboyantly gay, less muscular version of the Hulk :p

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
FYI, the voting hasn't changed at all in days, so me thinks I'll end it early later on tonight (maybe around midnight my time).

So, anyone who hasn't voted yet, make sure to get it today ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Waaaaay too many to do that poll, sorry ^^;

I'm gonna give this 2-day poll idea of Persian's a whirl, and thus, our first weekend poll... is best Thanksgiving Turkey! :D *gets booed by crowd*

What? :p

EDIT: Sorry. There was a power outage when I was setting up the new poll, then an annoying amount of lag. Every thing's good to go now.

I'd say Ho-oh, cuz a rainbow turkey would totally pwnz0r, but how would you catch Ho-oh? Plus, you kill one...and that's it. O_O

So as much as I'd like to vote for it...I'd say Farfetch'd. But I really wouldn't like to eat one...T_T WAAAAH! THIS POLL IS STRESSING ME OOOOOOUT! *sob*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh heh ^^

Honestly, it only makes sense. Turkeys represent Thanksgiving because we eat them ;D

And I think it's obvious, but I voted the Rainbow Turkey ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
How's that so? I supported my choice. Even if it doesn't win, that's what counts :p

People just don't get how tasty Legendary Poultry is. Moltres should've been included, too. It's more of a flaming chicken than Blaziken ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I call Farfetch'd. If you tried to cook Ho-oh, it'd just use Sacred Ash and come back to life, then roast you. >_>

Hmm... Y'think you could eat Ho-oh, then have it revive itself from the left over bones/ashes? I'm sure it'd understand the giving nature of Thanksgiving. It'd be for the greater good! ^^

Hmm... Y'think you could eat Ho-oh, then have it revive itself from the left over bones/ashes? I'm sure it'd understand the giving nature of Thanksgiving. It'd be for the greater good! ^^

Not to mention if it revives it self you get an unlimited supply of rainbow turkey so you could just keep eating it.

Personally, I think it would just get mad. I mean, even if it CAN come back to life, being killed then eaten...if it doesn't hurt physically, it's gotta hurt in the ego! Your only purpose is to be eaten, then eaten again, then again, and again...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Greater good! Think about the greater good! ;D

Anyways, this poll is coming to a close. I don't have any particular one in mind for the next poll, which I'll be posting tomorrow morning most likely.

Ideas? If someone else already posted an idea that sounded good, repeat it plz. Otherwise I'll pick at random ^^

Well, how about "Best Johto Starter"? There's no reason to let the Kanto Starters to get all the attention.

And, no Link! Persian has a point. Think about the Greek myth of Prometheus. He introduced fire to the human race and the Gods punished Prometheus by having him chained to a rock and a falcon (or was it a hawk?) would show up and eat his liver. Prometheus's liver would regenerate, but that falcon kept coming back to eat his liver. Don't you DARE tell me that isn't torture!

Another thing: Farfetch'd may be a rare Pokemon, but they're easier to catch than Ho-Oh.

You can bread Farfetch'd, too. -_-;; This is getting a bit morbid...*looks guiltily at Pokemon Gold* Sorry, you two...

Best Johto Starter could be good, and just do the other starter polls (minus Kanto) over again, but reorganized by region, or something. There was that other poll said awhile back...best sidekick, or something, for Ash (like Misty, Brock, Tracey, May, Max...maybe Todd). That could work.

Or, for a different poll, you could do the alternate starters: Pikachu (Yellow), Eevee (technically Yellow, XD), Espeon/Umbreon (Colosseum), Plusle/Minun (Ranger)...am I missing any, here? Or, if Espeon, Umbreon, Plusle, and Minun don't count, you could do a weekend poll of Pikachu versus Eevee or something.

There's also best region (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Orre, Fiore), best generation (obvious), best island chain (Orange VS Sevii), best Elite Four champion (rival, Lance, Steven, whoever is the Sinnoh champion), best spin-off RPG-ish-y game (Colosseum/XD, Ranger, Dungeon, whatever else applies)...

You could even induce the Eon war by best Eevee evolution. X3

Do you want any more ideas? I'm good at thinking up random polls if you have absolutely none...-_-;; They may not be good, but if you need a poll...I can give you a poll! TWO FOR THE PRICE OF ONE! *brick'd*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The Kanto starters were in that poll because WE voted it so. I personally don't fancy seeing even MORE starter polls anytime soon - they can wait for a month or so :p

"Don't you DARE tell me that isn't torture!"

I'm voting Misty...she is THE original sidekick, a useful trainer/relatively knowledgeable person...and was the girl to balance out the manliness of Ash and Brock? I dunno if that holds, but I think Misty was the best...

I think Brock got too old...I mean, if Misty/Tracey/May/Max all left after one or two regions...um, Brock? Are you really THAT popular with the fans?

Plus, Tracey seemed too short-lived...and May never caught my fancy as a good partner for Ash. Max was just...there. -_-;;

Plus, you know...Ash/Misty pwnz Ash/May. X3