• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

The Random PokePoll Topic (61): Still watch the Anime?

Straight out of Japan or dubbed - do you still watch Anime series?

• Yes, avidly

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Only occasionally or for specific episodes

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Not at all

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • I only watch the movies

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Never watched it to begin with

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Actually, Chatot's stats are significantly inferior to Heracross'. It may be faster, but its physical attack is crap, and as it doesn't learn any special flying-type moves it can't make use of its significantly better special attack (As a result to its attack), and with its horrendous defenses and Heracross's overall better stats, any powerful move Heracross might use (except for maybe Megahorn), and you have.... well... An Ex-Parrot.

Regardless of the beautiful plumage.

Buizel!!! I love it! I choose it, because, not only would it win (Ice Fang chomps Chatot to defeat), but it is so cute! Plus, when I saw it on the Manaphy movie I couldn't stay away. Plus the awesome evolution, Floatzel!

I didn't say Lucario because it wasn't confirmed as a non-legendary until loooong after Chatot/Perappu and Buizel/Buizeru were released. ^_^;;;

Anyway, I love these two...but I've always loved Buizel (BUI-CHAN! ^_^) so much more. I always thought it was soooo cute, and I always like it when they have water Pokemon who can clearly fight on land. I also love otters (adorable...), mammalian water Pokemon, and its design. It's orange...O_O I love everything about it! ^_^

So that's one more vote for Buizel...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
For early revealed Pokemon, I actually like both Buizel and Chatot quite a bit. Both of them have interesting designs, and who doesn't love a parrot? But where Buizel wins out over Chatot for me (aside from the sheer cuteness of Buizel) is that fact that it evolves, which therefore makes it a bit more useful stat-wise. Chatot really did just turn into a gimmick... with rather sucks, because it's like Murkrow all over again to me: a cool birdie that probably won't see much usage from me due to its crappy stats.

At least Murkrow was given its much-needed evolution. Only time will tell if Chatot receives the same treatment or simply stays the "gimmick" Pokemon for this gen.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This poll died early due to the forums going down, so I've extended it another three days.

Just a heads up for anyone who hadn't voted yet :)

Chatot is just awesome. Buziel annoys me, it just doesnt look right imo.

I love the cry for chatot in DP, it really does say "perrapu" if you listen closely

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Whoo... I've let this stay dead too long.

Question: Which do you like more? (Voting closed: April 26, 2007, 04:31:57 AM)
Buizel- 14 (63.6%)/Chatot- 8 (36.4%)/Total Voters: 22
-------------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, as you've probably already noticed, these two brutes are the next picks for teh poll. Which do you like more? (Or maybe for some of you the question should be which do you hate less?)

1-467-1.png
VS
466-1.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Electivire is actually my favorite Pokemon (for those who don't know). It practically pwns Magmortar since its both faster and has the attack power to pull of a powerful Earthquake.

Now don't get me wrong, I like Magmortar, but not as much as Electivire.

i can't believe it, but i've been swayed to the magmortar side. i've never actually like it up until now, when i actually have one =] its stats rock.

Electivire - I think it looks so cool. At first I didn't like it - then again, I'd JUST warmed up to Electabuzz...then they threw another evolution at me!

But now I like it.

Magmortar...eh...not so much. Then again, I'm still not-quite-there with Magmar, either. ^_^;; Maybe one day...

Then again, right now I'm going completely off looks. And Electivire looks pretty awesome (I kinda want one now)...so yar. My vote. To Electivire. Desu nya.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Question: Which do you like more? (Voting closed: May 04, 2007, 07:26:20 PM)
Magmortar - 4 (26.7%)
Electivire - 11 (73.3%)
Total Voters: 15
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Kay, starting to run out of poll ideas here. Even if you posted some a few weeks back, please repost 'em. I don't really feel like digging back through the topic to locate 'em all XP

Next poll is another I wanted to do myself, and a few of you will find evil. Still, must be done ;)

1-282-1.png
VS
475-1.png

Take your pick ^^

Meh, I can't say either have ever appealed to me. But for the sake of the poll I chose Gardevoir. It already had a semi-male looking line to complement its semi-femaleness (which was the Abra/Kadabra/Alakazam line) without creating a new confusing gender issue. Go the Mo'!)

On a side note, does anyone find it strange that female pokemon with moustaches only got smaller ones in the gender differentiated sprite? not even absent facial hair?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
On a side note, does anyone find it strange that female pokemon with moustaches only got smaller ones in the gender differentiated sprite? not even absent facial hair?

Oh yes, I noticed that too, but since Pokemon aren't humans they don't necessarily have to follow human biology in that way, eh?

And for the record, I voted for Gardie. As cool as I think Gallade is, he's still the spin-off of an already awesome original. I'll definitely be training both of them this gen, though :)

I prefer Gallade to Gardevoir, it has a much nicer movepool and is pretty freakin badass, complete biatch to begin to train though as unless you pump it full of TMs it only gets a couple physical moves before lv30

Ooh, tough...I like 'em both. However, I think I like Gardevoir more...I really liked it from the get-go, and made sure to catch one on Sapphire. They're just so cool-looking, and while Gallade is awesome, it's just a spin-off. Gardevoir rocks.

So yeah, my vote goes to Gardevoir.

gallade, all the way.
he's the frickin' best false swiper out there, with insane atk and decent speed, the ideal moveset would be:

double team (to prolong endurance)
mean look (for those runners)
false swipe (duh.)
and the fourth move is completely up to you, though i gave it psycho cut.

Arrg... the choices....Eanie, meanie... Ima have to go with Gardevoir, there arent o many good spsweepersto choose from, Its one of those good ones...Okay, thats a little inacurate, there are plenty to pick from, just few that i like.

When I first found out about Gallade, I thought it was awesome. I suppose it's still cool, more tomboyish (although I don't think that term applies to males) in appearance, and looks more ready to perform impressive physical attacks. I think I still prefer Gardevoir though. The original, and still more beautiful.

Edit: Did I mention graceful and elegant? I think she's graceful and elegant, too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Guess that's that. I'm going to stop doing these 1 on 1 polls for a bit and try out some others. We'll go with El's idea first, then I'm thinking a "favourite region" poll is in order =)

As for the latest results:
Question: Which do you like more? (Voting closed: Today at 03:45:45 PM)
Gardevoir - 8 (42.1%)/Gallade - 11 (57.9%)/Total Voters: 18

---------------------------------------------------------

I never did ask, El, but did you just mean these four? If not, I'll add a few extras.

Favourite "Pikaclone". Take your pick!

172-1.png
or
311-1.png
or
312-2.png
or
417-1.png

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
I picked Pichu, even though I don't consider it as much of a clone as the others. Why Pichu? I dunno really, I think it looks the best out of all the clones, freaking adorable. Plus I use Pichu quite often in Melee. So... yeah. =D

in melee: what's the advantage of pichu over pikachu? doesn't he hurt himself whenever he uses an electrical attack?

for polls: pichu's the original pikachu clone (oxymoron, much?), so i voted for him/her/it.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Yes, Pichu hurts itself everytime an electric attack is used. The advantage is that Pichu's special attacks do more damage than Pikachu's. Plus I just like Pichu more, I'm not the kind of person that would choose a certain character just because of power. That's boring, and then I would be stuck using Fox and Sheik all the time: booorrrreee-fest.

Yeah, my vote goes to Pichu, it's not much of a clone really when you think about it, just an extension, but yeah it's not like I care about the poll being 100% accurate.

I too also have many zany Pichu memories from melee, it was my fave wearing the flying goggles and cape if I remember rightly. I spent most of my time flattened on the screen or "Rocketing" off into the distance...

Yes, Pichu hurts itself everytime an electric attack is used. The advantage is that Pichu's special attacks do more damage than Pikachu's. Plus I just like Pichu more, I'm not the kind of person that would choose a certain character just because of power. That's boring, and then I would be stuck using Fox and Sheik all the time: booorrrreee-fest.

raw power would be falco and ganon, for the record, but fox and sheik would be speed and...well, speed. there's not much else to it. and to avoid risk of warnings (for my sake), pm me if you have a reply to this.

now, to keep it relatively on topic: why aren't flying and surfing pikachus on the list of pikaclones?

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
"Well, Pachirisu's name practically scream "pika-clone". "Pachimon" means "a cheap knock-off" or something along those lines."

Yes, and that still cracks me up. ^^ Actually, Pachirisu's name probably derives from Pachipachi, meaning 'quickly/suddenly' (lightning-speed, if you wish) and Risu, meaning Squirrel. Why did that little rodent keep its Japanese name no one knows... But then again, all Pika-knockoffs kept theirs. >>

I was going to vote for Pichu, since it's adorable and the least clone-like of all of them...but then I voted for Plusle on a strange Ranger-induced impulse. ^_^

Like...I really was rather impartial to Plusle and Minun before I played Ranger. I'm guessing that it's because of that game that I know really like the duo, especially Plusle (since I was a girl in the game). I reallyreallyreally enjoyed Ranger...one of the best games I ever played, in my opinion. Currently I hold it in a higher regard than DP, simply because I didn't *cough* ruin it for myself. It didn't get me all hyped up...but then I played it, and all these amazing surprises just kinda made it fun. So I

I voted for that little cute squirrel guy. He's so cute with his little teeth (even though every Pikaclone is cute).

He has been proven very useful in Pearl.

I voted for Pachirisu. Before I heard of this Pokemon, I had been thinking up monsters for a Pokemon-ripoff, and I thought to myself, "You know what would be cool? An electric squirrel."

Unfortunately, now I think I need to rethink the electric squirrel I created...

I like them all, but for me Pachirisu is the true winner. I love it's adorable charm. Plus, the new color scheme (white/blue instead of yellow) makes a nice twist. Plus, I've always had a wierd fondness for squirrels, (I see them everywhere in the neighborhood I visit from Sunyshore. Of course, they're not here, we don't have their natural habitat.) especially because like all humans, I like what I can't have if it's attractive.