• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

Sounds good but can i just use my In game character and start them off as a beginner and are you okay with me using dice to determing outcomes stops me from getting to OP I just roleplay like that. Otherwise i'd be champion status because i completed blue version

Last edited:
Hey, is anyone going to reply to the rp? It’s been sitting idly for a bit now.
I had a post ready, but didn't post it because it would look weird to have a small post sandwiched by two big ones (though maybe I shouldn't care much about post aesthetics, lol).
Sounds good but can i just use my In game character and start them off as a beginner and are you okay with me using dice to determing outcomes stops me from getting to OP I just roleplay like that. Otherwise i'd be champion status because i completed blue version
That's actually how I do mine. I use something similar to the Cogent RP system.

Probably might go with Scarlet that way i can fill her Bio as the story goes along. Anyway she started with bulbasaur if i remember rightly
Got a bio template i could use while i try to remember most of the things about here i lost my copy of Firered a while back.

Last edited:
I had a post ready, but didn't post it because it would look weird to have a small post sandwiched by two big ones (though maybe I shouldn't care much about post aesthetics, lol).

That's actually how I do mine. I use something similar to the Cogent RP system.
I just use a single D20 with success being 12 and failure being anything under that. Always have.

Name: Scarlet Firered

Appearance: Scarlet has Hazel eyes and light auburn brown hair She wears a white fadora with a light red shirt and green miniskirt with a blue bag She wears a black watch on her left arm. She based on Leaf from the game of the same name. She's exactly 5ft and weighs 9 stone2 pounds/ 51.71KGs

Personality: Friendly and social but very scatterbrained and forgetful

Reason for Travel: After Ifing and Aming about going on a Pokemon Journey She eventually decided to go on a journey through kanto She chose Bulbasaur as her starter Pokemon.

Hometown: Pallet town

Okay, your grammar seems kind of poor. Would you be willing to write an example paragraph? Just pretend you’re role playing and type a paragraph for me here, so I can read it. I can’t let you in if you use that grammar for the roleplay

Hey! I'm super interested in a pokemon rp and have been looking for a while! I noticed it's been a while since anyone posted here but the rp is still going it seems? Would I be able to submit a CS?

Yes, I’m still accepting applicants, and I probably will continue to until we reach the Pokémon League. If you want to leave a character sheet for me to review, I’d be happy to check it out!

Great! (:

Name: Marlowe "Marley" Daughtler

download20220802000905.png

Appearance: Marley is a young, bright-eyed girl who stands around 4'9". She has dark green hair that's typically kept up in braided pigtails while her bangs are messily sprawled at eyebrow level. Her eyes are a dull blue-green and don't particularly stand out against her pale, blushed skin. Marley enjoys hair accessories and dangle earrings, and refuses to leave anywhere without them. Her outfits usually consist of sun dresses and puffy, frilly shorts.

Personality: Marley is a go-with-the-flow kind of person. She isn't much of a go-getter but is always excited and willing to try something at least once. She enjoys talking with friends and meeting new people, and will absolutely talk someone's ear off about something she's passionate about if they're not careful. She enjoys making people laugh and is unintentionally odd at times, often lost in her own little world or too tunnel visioned about a certain goal.

Reason for travel: Since her mother left the family, it's been her and her father living in Coumarine, Kalos for 2 months. Although he did his best, her father simply could not keep up with taking care of her and going to work full time to support them, and decided it was best for her to go live with her grandparents until he had everything together. Once in Vermilion, Kanto, it was clear Marley and her Phantump weren't happy staying inside all of the time. Her grandparents were too old to go with her anywhere, and decided it was best to let the pair go on their own adventure to explore the world. They helped her register for her own official trainer's license and within a few days received confirmation that she would finally be able to journey.

Hometown: Coumarine, Kalos. Now lives in Vermilion, Kanto

Pokemon:
-Phantump (Boobear), Male
-Lvl: 13
-Astonish, Leech seed, Confuse ray, Branch poke

Last edited:
Oh haha yea that makes more sense! I don’t remember but when I get home I can pm you the link so you can make her! I adore Amelia btw, I hope I can find it so I can see her in all the anime glory!

Been chatting with Imperfect World so do have a desire to RP here, my one question is am I restricted to only Gen 1 Pokemon or could I like say bring in a mon from a later region/gen to my adventure here?

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Been chatting with Imperfect World so do have a desire to RP here, my one question is am I restricted to only Gen 1 Pokemon or could I like say bring in a mon from a later region/gen to my adventure here?
You can bring Pokémon from different gens in. My characters Edward and Oliver have teams of Pokémon form different regions

Alright thanks for the clarification

Name: Connor MacCarthy
Appearance: A young man with fair skin, short brown hair, some freckles and a pair of bright green eyes that shimmer behind that almost endless smile of his. He typically keeps his attire simple as he wears a green t-shirt with what seems to be a logo of a Diantha & her Gardevoir on it along with a pair of dark brown shorts. His lower half also shows off the most notable thing about Connor from an aesthetic sense, his entire right leg is replaced with a specialized prosthetic that he personally spray painted gold just for some style. He wears a pair of white tennis shoes with some green streaks along them and completes his look with a clear blue watch he wears on his left wrist.

Personality: Connor is a driven individual who is always eager to push through any challenge no matter how daunting, as he only sees those as walls yet to be climbed rather than anything indominable. He tends to approach things but taking them head on leading to a bit of "acting before he thinks" and this hot-headed nature can burn him as much as he'd be rewarded for it. Still, he is an earnest young man who is supportive of those he is close to and just tries to make the most of an amazing opportunity.

Reason for Travel: Connor was a young man who faced countless setbacks with the loss of his leg, made to believe he couldn't adventure like other kids with this kind of physical hurdle. This journey is the ultimate show to prove to himself that he can, that he can make such a journey in spite of such circumstances and be as successful as any other trainer.

Hometown: Lumiose City, Kalos
Backstory: When Connor was only five a tragic accident during a bike ride and a speeding car put his life in peril. Doctors were able to save him, but at the cost of his right leg. This incident scared him for years, making him wonder if he could ever hope to chase his dreams of being a Pokemon Trainer or if he was destined to be that pitied kid and a "what could've been" story. However, his life took a turn when he encountered a wild Fletchling whose left wing seemed to be born a little shorter than its right which hindered and limited its ability to fly. Yet in spite of this continued to press on and even fended off a rival Fletchling which amazed Connor. He would regularly feed it as it tended to stick near his house and the two seemed to bond, which helped motivate Connor to follow its example and not let his leg define his story. So the two would form a partnership and when the time came for his own adventure he decided to head overseas to explore the wonderous region of Kanto.
Starting Pokemon: Nova (Recently evolved Fletchinder) & Saber (Honedge)