• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adrift Arts Academy - Actual Roleplay

<The discussion thread's here!>

NOTE: Please only ask about joining in said discussion thread above. Anyways, let's roll!

The typical hustle and bustle of Sinnoh's Canalave City was just as familiar as residents and tourists alike knew about. The seaside city, while nowhere near as technological as Sunyshore, was well known for making you look back into the past or even outwards towards whatever your future was going to hold for you. Combine that with all sorts of myths regarding Legendary Pokémon and a thriving mining industry, and you had yourself a wonderful place to live if that ticked some boxes.

Canalave's typical coal freighter wasn't exactly taking off today, as another ship seemed to have filled its place. A couple of student-aged teenagers had gotten off of the boat and greeted some close friends and family, a few Pokémon and a woman atop the ship waving them off. That particular batch was for the prestigious Adrift Arts Academy's winter class that cruised the coast of Kalos and focused on more intense training.

But now things were different. Except in a blissful, wonderful way.

The summer semester started the same day the winter one ended, but lasted only two months compared to the rather gruelling five the winter semester students had to deal with. But it was never a hassle as by the end of however long the semester was, the students aboard went on to do great things with their lives. And this year would surely be no exception, of that the counsellor was confident.

The boat itself was open to go on as long as the student scanned their entry ticket on a scanner just at the ship's entrance, and said tickets would have come enclosed with their acceptance letters.

One such student had already boarded the boat quietly, immediately heading up to the top deck to not get distracted by the facilities of the massive S.S Hullheart. Such size had almost made her not even notice it was the school's signature ship until she had seen the signature cobalt ribbon marking on the ship's side. The top deck seemed to serve as a lounge itself, with a small arena like area just behind the top deck's entrance.

Guess there was no kidding when it came to the whole 'high seas performance academy' deal... the counsellor would probably explain more when everyone else got here. And speaking of said counsellor, she was very fast to approach this first student who had arrived.

"Oh, hey there! Marina, right?"

"AH! You... you didn't have to..."

"Whoa, whoa, sorry. Didn't mean to startle you."

"I-It's fine... when will the Partner Trial...?"

"When everyone else gets aboard. Only fair after all."

The words had drifted over the air like a breeze as the ship remained stagnant, simply waiting for all who were to arrive...

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Edward walked toward the entry to the boat. He had his ticket in his jacket pocket. He walked up and scanned his entry ticket. After it had went through, Edward walked onto the boat and had begun to explore a bit.

‘It just doesn’t feel right without my friend.’ Edward thought to himself as he grabbed a Luxury Ball from his bag and opened it. Lancelot had appeared and he looked around the ship as well. “Come along Lancelot. I believe we must find someone first.” Edward commented as he looked around, trying to find a counselor or something.
(@Alternate_Mystery )

Daniel waltzed in like he always belonged here with a smile on his face, his Cinderace buddy behind him. Maybe I can find my father here, he thought, Why the hell did he disappear again? Daniel sighed. He wasn't going to find his father by searching all over the place. Suddenly a ball came flying at his... err... groin. He grabbed it, but threw it back. "Be careful where you throw that, whoever the hell threw that!" he yelled. His Cinderace sighed in relief. Daniel sighed. "I think if I didn't catch that, I would've been blue-balled real hard," he said to himself.

MarcelGalliard790

While Edward was walking, he noted an individual who nearly got hurt. “I say. Are you alright?” Edward asked as he walked over to the newcomer. “Seems you’ve had this situation under control.” Edward commented as he walked in front of him. Lancelot followed as well, appearing a little bit in front of the Cinderace. Edward was lucky to get a shiny Ralts as a kid and manage to get it to a Gallade. “Might I ask what is your name?” Edward asked the individual as he stood there.
(@|Dean| )

Dom looked back at his Mom, Dad, and older brother as he began walking onto the boat. He smiled, waved, and turned back to the ship. He looked onto the deck of the ship and saw all the other students, with many different ages and backgrounds. He looked down at his poke balls containing his Mudkip and Goomy, both Pokemon he had been travelling with in the sinnoh region for a while with his older brother.

"Right, lets see..." Dom said to himself.

He pulled out his capsules and some seals he made over his break from the Academy. He took a shockwave seal and a aqua burst seal, and placed them at the bottom of Mudkips pokeball, making it so that it will look like the ground below Mudkip is shifting like an earthquake while water bursts from the cracks.

"Right, hopefully this will work." he said again to himself.

He then looked to Goomy's capsule, and placed three draconic stickers, one on the front, and two at the back.

"I haven't tested these yet, hopefully they'll work as I made them too." Dom said.

When Edward walked over to Daniel, he sighed. Damn, that was close, he thought, But I got noticed, so that's a start. When he was asked what his name was, he sighed once more. "My name's Daniel," he said, laughably quickly, "What's your name?". He knew he was going to get an answer. He suddenly nearly forgot something important. "And that ball wasn't a Poké Ball," he said. Cinderace didn't mind Lancelot being right in front of him. It was just intrigued in the conversation between Daniel and Edward.

(@MarcelGalliard790)

MarcelGalliard790

Lancelot, while in front of Daniel’s Cinderace, was also intrigued by the conversation of the two. “My name is Edward. Edward Camphier. This is my partner Pokémon Lancelot.” Edward pointed the attention from him to Lancelot. “I was lucky. I got Lancelot as a gift when I was younger. I’m surprised I was able to get a shiny one.” Edward commented as he looked back to Daniel. “Do you want to come with me to look around.” Edward asked Daniel as he had nothing else to do.
(@|Dean| )

Daniel wanted to be as polite as possible, but he didn't want to look around just yet. "Sorry, Edward, but I don't really feel like looking around just yet," he said as politely as possible, "I'm surprised no-one knows everything about the place yet, except the founder, of course." His Cinderace seemed to have no idea what he was talking about and sighed. Daniel, of course, knew about the Adrift Arts Academy months before he arrived, but he didn't take any courses. "Don't judge me if someone tells you something about me that may or may not be true," he laughed, "Anyway, I'm gonna just stay outside for a while. See ya!" As he walked away (backwards for some reason), his Cinderace followed happily. "You'll be surprised how much you can do here!' he yelled, "Even if you aren't taking courses!"

MarcelGalliard790

Edward smiled and nodded as Daniel walked off. “I’ll see you around mate.” Edward commented calmly as he stood near the rail of the ship’s exterior. “He seems nice. Doesn’t he Lancelot?” Edward asked his Gallade as Lancelot nodded in response. “Let’s go look around a bit.” Edward spoke as he begun to walk around the ship. “Maybe we can try and find someone who actually works at this academy here.” Edward spoke to Lancelot as the two walked around.
(@|Dean| @Alternate_Mystery )
(@Cmeriwether since your good to go)

Melinda had been sailing on Surfer the Lapras, smoothly as she looked around and spotted a ship. The young lady and her purple Transport Pokémon had started her approach, spotting a blue headed Gallade as she sailed along, Eventually catching up with the ship, looking a little confused. She then pulled up, telling Surfer to keep pace with the ship. Surfer gave a cry and continued the pace.

"Hello, is this the ship to the Adrift Arts Academy?" She asked anyone within earshot.

(@MarcelGalliard790 @YoKaiKingEnmaDaiyou @|Dean| @Alternate_Mystery )

MarcelGalliard790

Edward heard a voice and looked over the railing. He saw a female riding a shiny Lapras. “Yes. This is the ship.” Edward confirmed for her as he had a question to ask her. “Do you want to get on? If so. Come along.” Edward called as he offered his hand out to her and Lancelot was a bit surprised.
(@Cmeriwether )

The world was a strange place for Jacob.

He knew this was what he wanted, but was it worth it? Probably, he thought as he looked at Teriyaki. This would be it, his big moment. He was going to learn to become...

A COORDINATOR!!!!!!!

MarcelGalliard790

Edward took his hand back and pointed in the direction of the entry. “Just scan your ticket over there and you’ll be able to get aboard.” Edward commented as he fixed his hair a slight bit and looked over at Lancelot. “Let’s go. My friend.” Edward spoke as he turned back to the girl. “I’ll see you aboard later.” Edward had bid farewell to his new potential classmate as he walked away.
(@Cmeriwether @Alternate_Mystery )

Daniel sighed, then almost fell backwards. He decided it was time to stand down for now. He'd met Edward almost 30 seconds after he got aboard. Dom appeared a few seconds later. Then Melinda. Then Jacob. "Man, there's so much going on in a few seconds," he noted, "This usually doesn't happen in Wyndon." Seconds later, his Cinderace companion decided to test how powerful its Pyro Ball really was. It walked to the edge of the ship (no, not the edge Melinda's at) while Daniel watched, intrigued. What's he doing? he asked himself. Suddenly, the Cinderace used Pyro Ball in the opposite direction of the crowd, and it must've been powerful, because it went about a kilometer in 3 seconds (well, actually 20 seconds) and Cinderace didn't break a sweat. Daniel's jaw outright dropped.

MarcelGalliard790

(Gonna try and revive this.)
Edward looked up at the sky and then back to his partner. “Y’know Lancelot. It almost feels like yesterday when I first got you. Then I trained you into what you are now.” Edward told his partner Pokémon as he smiled. “Come on bud. Let’s get back to what we were doing.” Edward told his partner Pokémon with a fist out. Lancelot nodded and returned the first bump. The two began to walk around the ship to look for counselors or someone in charge.
(@Alternate_Mystery @Cmeriwether @|Dean| )