• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kickin’ it Kanto Style (DISCUSSION)

Sky's presently trying to release her Pokémon, and her Pokémon are trying to convince her not to. Honestly, I'm just dubbing around. Seeing if this story gets anywhere.

Oh my goodness, so sorry I’ve been inactive for so long! I got busy with a bunch of things IRL, and this was at the back of my mind for a while. I’ll try to stay more active!

@VenusaurMega , You’re character looks really good! You can hop in whenever you like.

Oh my goodness, so sorry I’ve been inactive for so long! I got busy with a bunch of things IRL, and this was at the back of my mind for a while. I’ll try to stay more active!

@VenusaurMega , You’re character looks really good! You can hop in whenever you like.
Thank you, and no problem! Better late than never...

By the way, opinions on this sprite I made of the OC? (Yes, I did take inspiration from Kris from Deltarune for the face, I kind of like the character)
Christopher Sugimori.png

Important question: at what point in the timeline are we? Because if this is after Gen 2, Christopher could be an idolizer of Crystal/Crys/Kris/Whatever I’m supposed to call her, the female player character, as she is a catcher in the manga

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I dunno, Lewis just seems like a lamer version of the electric gym leader from Kalos, Alexis is just a random psychic Lewis picked up not too differently to a stray Meowth, and Evilane... Well, she's a special case.

(It's a very apt comparison with Alexis, since her original character concept was the psionically gifted feline companion of a black mage named Flarn in a more... Original universe. I had to do changes with her with her form to fit her into a Pokemon-based thing, as there's only one talking Meowth and I don't think Jessie and James are canon to the games However, she's retained her enjoyment of affectionate pats on the head, so long as she considers you a friend.)

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Just waitin' on the others, don't worry. I'll make my post when I can do the classic of replying with all three characters. Or in this case, two, since Lewis has been put to sleep by his Pokemon attempting to help him, so there's not much I can do with him right now unless someone interacts with him.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I'm honestly excited for when Evilane and Rick go up against Team Rocket, that's definitely going to be fun to write. I'm also a little bit hopeful that the main cast gets into enough danger to activate Lewis' Type-Epsilon battle mode, which is essentially a fancy way he uses to describe when he goes all out in a battle. Perhaps they run into a group of rocket members(or just some random dudes) up to no good and he decides to protect the people he's been travelling with. Perhaps it can be his own self redemption? I just hope we run into a little action, ya know? I dunno, just spitballing ideas.

Edit: Lewis punching a team rocket member in the face is an idea I just came up with and it amuses me. He just gets so pissed off that he does the same thing he did when he first joined.

Last edited:

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
I know this is a really silly question, but as we wait, what kind of music do you think your characters would be into? For me, I think Evilane would be into something like really aggressive symphonic metal, Alexis perhaps would be into more classical stuff, and Lewis... Well, I think he'd unironically enjoy more synthetic stuff, like tuning mechanical processes(such as a floppy drive) to sound like music. Or something totally unexpected, like hardcore trance specifically re-tuned to a specific key.

I know this is a really silly question, but as we wait, what kind of music do you think your characters would be into? For me, I think Evilane would be into something like really aggressive symphonic metal, Alexis perhaps would be into more classical stuff, and Lewis... Well, I think he'd unironically enjoy more synthetic stuff, like tuning mechanical processes(such as a floppy drive) to sound like music. Or something totally unexpected, like hardcore trance specifically re-tuned to a specific key.

Connor would probably just enjoy some classical tunes, or country songs as he is the type to love to go out and feel the world something soothing yet inviting of such a desire seems fitting.

Stacy would prefer classical and anything played on a music box. Also any lofi remixes. Stacy just really likes stuff that is not loud and stuff. She hates metal. scares her a little

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Her personality is definitely a direct contrast to Evilane's. She's energetic, outgoing, and generally strong headed, though I'm sure that was obvious. However, she is also compassionate. It would be interesting to see the two conflicting personalities meet.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Ahh, but you see, that's where her compassion would kick in. As soon as she figures out that Stacy isn't good around her chaotic nature, she'd do her best to tone it down as much as possible. After all, she didn't come to Kanto to cause emotional damage. Except to Giovanni, screw that guy.

Ahh, but you see, that's where her compassion would kick in. As soon as she figures out that Stacy isn't good around her chaotic nature, she'd do her best to tone it down as much as possible. After all, she didn't come to Kanto to cause emotional damage. Except to Giovanni, screw that guy.
Stacy despises being the center of attention though

Characters don't always need to run to the rescue sure would be nice to have people immediately realize what they did wrong but thats just how people work. People tend to realized things when it's to late and they've already screwed up

Sorry dudes. I’ve been struggling a bit lately; my job just got shut down not too long ago due to lack of funding, so I’ve been searching for a new place to work at the moment. However, I also haven’t really seen much of a way for me to shove Amelia into a convo, so I stayed quiet. However, I think I’ll post something now to move us to the next town, sorry about that.

Sorry dudes. I’ve been struggling a bit lately; my job just got shut down not too long ago due to lack of funding, so I’ve been searching for a new place to work at the moment. However, I also haven’t really seen much of a way for me to shove Amelia into a convo, so I stayed quiet. However, I think I’ll post something now to move us to the next town, sorry about that.

Hey it is okay! Sorry to hear about your job shutting down, wish you luck finding a new one and always hope for the best!