• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Camp Pikachu

Discussion Thread: https://forums.pokecharms.com/threads/camp-pikachu-discussion-sign-ups.30202/#post-939571

Blue skies and a bright morning sun shone over the entrance of Camp Pikachu, which brought out the color of the forest around it. A slow breeze blew through the area, ruffling the tree's leaves and cooling the area and the few kids and adults there. For most people, it was a great day that should be spent outside. Coming down the dirt road leading to the entrance, a white family sedan rumbled along, heaving itself along the bumps in the road at a slow and steady pace, determined to get there on time.

Benjamin Frazier sat upright and stared out the window of the vehicle, putting on his backpack which he had placed beside him. He was borderline excited and giddy but controlled himself as the car approached. It really looked as advertised.

“You excited honey? It's the first time you've ever gone to camp, especially one as unique as this. Your father would have been proud of you for trying something new." His mother said reassuringly as she parked in front of the entrance.

"Yeah. This camp looks exactly like the brochure." He said in a resigned tone as he looked at the camp arch, which had a Pikachu on it. He just sighed, wishing his dad or any of his other siblings were here. But he knew more than everyone there, that they all were too busy for him. He adjusted his black and green slip-on shoes, put on his backpack, and slipped out of the car quickly.

“Bye Milly, see you at the end of the summer. I’ll miss your annoying voice.” He said snarkily but in a mild sense.

“Yeah, gonna miss you around the house, ya Poke-nerd.” Milly, his older sister by two years, scoffed as she opened the window, poked her head out of the car, and stuck her tongue out. Benjamin quickly pushed her head back into the car with a playful shove. He walked to the back of the car and grabbed his duffel bag. It was red, with a Pokeball symbol between the two black stripes that were under the smaller handle.

"Calm down you two." His mother calmly spoke up, stopping the hot-headed teens from arguing further.

Benji didn't hate her, but he did have some problems with her that he wished she ceased doing. It was the same as the other siblings, as he was very much into Pokemon, a rare interest for a teenager. He'd be teased about it by all of his siblings, but Milly especially.

“Yeah, whatever, I’ll just have fun without you and the others. Bye, Mom.”

“Bye honey, enjoy camp!” His mother said as his parents said goodbye, closing all the windows and driving off down the dusty road, the sun glinting on the roof. He saw the car ornaments swinging, including the Pokeball he picked out. It had a special place in his heart, from when his brother bought him something for his birthday along with a Porygon-Z pin. He had placed it on his backpack along with the plethora of others.

He was going to miss his chaotic family, even if he wasn’t noticed all that often.

Now Benji was just chilling and taking in the atmosphere and nature around him, especially because Pokemon stickers were plastered on some of the trees. He walked over to get a closer look at one of them, an art deco-style sticker. He stepped on a stick, which snapped with a loud crack. He was surprised and flinched a bit, but composed himself and got closer.

“Huh, nice Mantyke sticker. Seems like I’m not the only kid into Pokemon around here. It’ll be a nice change of pace, especially from…”

His face flashed a bit of pain before he immediately smiled. It was a new day, and he needed to be positive. He'd be starting a new adventure, without his siblings or any of his schoolmates, and that was based on his favorite interests. He glanced around at the small number of people there, clutching his duffel bag and still wearing his heavy backpack.

“Well, from back home. It’s gonna be a fun summer, that’s for sure.”

@Draco Nightshade @Malcolm102 @Red Gallade

Last edited:
A wine red convertible with the roof down braved the rough roads near the camp while Samuel calmly sat in the back seat while on his phone, undeterred by the bumpy terrain as his father pulled up to Camp Pikachu. When the car stopped, Samuel looked up with a somewhat indifferent look, while he didn't mind the idea of going outdoors, he very much preferred the comfort of his bedroom and the gentle glow of a computer screen, but his parents insisted that he go out and make some friends, seeing Camp Pikachu as the best chance to do so, having picked it due to their son's love of Pokemon.

"Well, here we are!" Samuel's father said with a confident tone and a cheery smile, Samuel on the other hand lacked his old man's enthusiasm as he reluctantly grabbed his gray bag and put his phone in his trouser pocket; the only thing that remained visible was a little string attached ornament with what looked like a little luxury ball, his favorite type of Poke ball. As Samuel stepped out of the car, he looked around at the Camp he was sent to before he looked back at his father.

"Are you sure this is the best way for me to make new friends?" Samuel asked while his father nodded with a light laugh. "Of course, Samuel! Since Pokemon's your favorite thing, I figured coming here will give you a better chance of meeting some like-minded people. Who knows, maybe you'll find yourself a nice girlfriend while you're here.~" His father replied, the latter was clearly a joke that made him laugh, Samuel's blush and pout were clear signs that he didn't find it very funny. "Dad...!"

His father did his best to stop laughing. "Alright, alright... hehe." The man sighed and looked back at Samuel with a warm smile. "But seriously, have a wonderful time here and call us if anything bad happens, alright?" He said humbly which made Samuel show a small smile and nodded in response. "Okay... I'll see you around." Samuel said and waved lightly, his father waved back before he began to drive off. "See you later, son!" He called before he drove out of Samuel's sight.

Samuel let out a sigh and turned back to look at the camp, his eyes scanned the area for anyone he felt like was worth speaking to... which in his eyes mainly consisted of anyone around his age, although with his 'tastes' and thanks to his lack of social interactions in school, finding someone he was interested to talk to was like trying to find a shiny Pokemon.

A beat up old pickup truck pulling a livestock trailer parked at Camp Pikachu. Stepping down from the passenger side was Alexis, or "Robot Girl" as her schoolmates liked to call her. Instead of immediately walking to the campgrounds, she walked to the trailer to check on the newest additions to her family's farm. "Sorry I won't be able to help you and Ma get these guys settled in." Looking into the trailer, were some of the most unusual birds you'd see on the North American continent: Emus and Ostriches. Her father had always talked about wanting to give raising giant birds a try and finally got a license to do so. In fact, the only reason they had gotten them today of all days was because there was a breeder on the way to the camp. Her father smiled at her apology. "It's alright hun. Besides, you need a break. What do you think people would say if I didn't let my own daughter take a vacation every now and then?"
Alexis chuckled at the last part. "I know, I know. Can't have me constantly working accidentally destroy your reputation right?" While talking, she walked to the trunk and grabbed her duffle bag. Her father cocked an eyebrow. "Where's your toolbox?"
Instead of answering with words, Alexis tapped on her mechanical forearm, a customised compartment opening up to reveal the necessary tools for the occasional maintenance she knew she had to do now and again on her arm and legs. Nodding his head in approval, her father gently closed the compartment for her and the two of them hugged. "You behave yourself and have fun."
"Thanks Pa." After they let go of each other, Alexis's father got back into the driver's seat and waved before leaving with the large birds. Once he was over the hill and out of sight, Alexis turned around and walked to the campground, mildly surprised at how many people her age were there. "Ok, now where am I supposed to go?"
Walking by a tree that was practically plastered with Pokemon stickers, she saw Benjamin Frazier, the boy's Pokemon duffle bag standing out like a sore thumb to herself. Alexis decided to wave to him with her mechanical left hand as she called over. "Hey there! Any idea where we're supposed to go?"
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Last edited:
As several vehicles came in, Benji sat on a nearby log and placed his duffel bag beside him. The sizable old timber had some mushrooms and other marks of its age, but it was a good seat for the time being. Now that he had settled in, he really had no idea what to do. A soft gust still flew across the entrance, messing up his hair, which he fixed rapidly.

“So, what do I do now? I’ve never been to a summer camp like this before, and the process has got to be different here.”

"Hey there! Any idea where we're supposed to go?" A female voice snapped him out of his mild daze.

Benjamin turned to see a blonde girl with camo-colored clothes waving at him, catching his attention. Something was off about her arm that she was waving with, but he wasn't really sure if he should ask. It looked a bit mechanical, but he wasn't certain.

"Um, hi there. I actually don't have any idea what to do. Well, I guess we could just stay here." He saw an opportunity to try making a friend, something rare for him to do.

As if on cue, a loud voice blared on the speakers hidden in the nearby woods, piercing through the air like a siren.

"Welcome all campers! Please report to the cafeteria and talk to the head counselor for your cabin!”

It legitimately caught Benji by surprise, and a few campers too. Because of this, he accidentally rocked the timber backward, almost falling off the log. But he managed to tilt the log forward, preventing his duffel bag from falling.

“Jeez, what are they trying to do, blow our ears off?” Benji said sarcastically, as he stumbled to his feet and stood up.

@Draco Nightshade @Red Gallade

Last edited:
Just as she was about to reply, an announcement to meet at the cafeteria came over the speakers, causing Alexis to jump in startled surprise at the sound. Shaking her head, and consequently her ponytail, she looked over at Benji. "If that's what they were going for, it almost worked." Walking over to and then alongside him, Alexis introduced herself. "I'm Alexis, how bout you?"
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Well, that was unexpected. Benji wasn’t used to being talked to all that often, especially in such a friendly manner. It was quite a welcome surprise, and he was happy that this summer would be much different from high school.

“Uh, I’m Benjamin. Nice to meet you, Alexis. We should probably get going.”

He was very curious, as this was a completely new situation for him to be talking to somebody who is also into Pokemon. As he walked down the clean path leading inside the campgrounds, he knew this was an opportunity he could not miss.

“So, what’s your favorite Pokemon? You know, since we are at Pokemon-themed camp after all.”

Last edited:
Walking with Benjamin, Alexis placed her organic hand on her chin as she thought about her answer. "Hmm, if I had to choose a favorite, I'd have to say Rapidash." Continuing to walk, she then added. "If I'm being honest though, I love the kinds of Pokemon that you're most likely to find on a farm. How bout you?"
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Last edited:
Samuel jolted as he heard the loud sounds of the speakers who welcomed all the campers to Camp Pikachu, Samuel took a moment to get used to the unwanted loud noises of the speakers, but managed to hear their instructions to meet at the cafeteria where their assigned cabins would be discussed. Samuel put his hand in one pocket while his other held the strap on his bag, he walked down the path to the campgrounds with the other campers and continued to look around for anyone worth talking to... although even if he did, it was not likely he would be the first one to speak, but then again, it was only the first few minutes of being in camp, he knew it wasn't likely he would make a new friend so soon.

"Honestly, I don't have a favorite Pokemon too, I like a large variety of Pokemon. But if I were to name one of my favorites, it would be Heatmor. I have a soft spot for exotic and unique animals, and I think the poor guy needs more love."

Benji remembered that he had a pin of a Ponyta sprite on his backpack. He decided since he could spare a pin or two, so he chose to give it to his new friend, so to speak. Perhaps, he was jumping the gun a bit, but he was sure that it wasn't offensive. So he picked it off of his bag, which was cluttered with said Pokemon pins, and gave it to Alexis.

"I had a spare one of these, and I feel like I'd be better to start camp with a friend."

Seeing the Ponyta pin being handed to her, Alexis was hesitant to accept it. Not because she had a collection of her own, but she had only just met the guy a few minutes ago. Not wanting to refuse and seem rude, Alexis slowly took the pin and placed it on her duffle bag strap. "Thank you."
Just after she thanked Benjamin for the pin, she felt her left leg start to lock into place accompanied by a mechanical creaking sound, a look of worry evident on her face. "Oh, not now!" Seeing a bench nearby, Alexis hopped over to it on her still functioning right leg before sitting down. "I hate it when this happens!" Working quickly, she opened a compartment in her right leg and pulled out a can of lubricant applying it to the joint hidden beneath the metal kneecap before doing the same for her other leg. Just to be safe. As soon as she put the lubricant back and closed the compartment, Alexis grabbed her leg and started working the knee joint back and forth until she was able to bend it without her hands. The second she was satisfied, she stood back up and continued walking. Getting back to Benjamin, Alexis apologized and explained what that was all about, a look of mild embarrassment evident on her face. "Sorry about that, I have to run maintenance checks on my prosthetics every now and then."
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

Last edited:
Well, that was unexpected.

He definitely not anticipating Alexis to have ROBOT LIMBS. With hidden compartments to boot.

That was so very cool, and he was very keen to know more. But Benji was aware that the whole story about her prosthetics could have been a sore subject for Alexis, so he decided to play it safe. He didn't want to make somebody offended on his first day, so he decided to ask a completely safe question.

"So, who made those robot limbs for you? Cuz, they are incredibly well-crafted and unique from others that I've seen on the news."

The path ahead wasn't that rugged, but there was some natural debris on it, like fallen leaves and sticks. As he stepped on a pile of dead foliage, causing a satisfying cracking noise, he looked ahead. He saw a fork in the road, with a wooden post that had multiple signs on it. The sign said a couple of things about other camp facilities.

Benjamin noticed that one of the signs was an arrow that pointed to the right. It said something about the canteen being a short walk away, with a carving of a Swirlix. Seems this summer camp was definitely sticking on theme.

Alexis gave a nervous laugh before explaining, her right hand on the back of her head. "Heh heh, they're actually prototypes. One of the guys at the hospital was also a gamer and thought it would be cool to make a working set of prosthetics that looked like they came from a sci-fi universe. He'd been looking for a candidate to test the model for a while and then I showed up." Alexis then sighed before continuing. "I guess he really wanted to put them through the wringer. Especially in terms of weather resistance and other environmental factors. I mean, the guy even offered to pay me to try them out! There's still plenty of kinks to work out though. For one thing, I can't actually swim anymore because they're quite a bit heavier than my real limbs were. If anything, I feel like I could probably just walk under the surface. The only reason I have been moving as easily as I do now is because I have gotten used to them."
Seeing the signs at the fork in the road Alexis quickly identified where they had to go and started walking that way. "Come on Ben! Last one there's a Slowpoke!" The second she said that, Alexis picked up the pace and started running to their destination.
@Abra Kadabra Alakazam!

"Hey, wait up! I'm not good at running!"

Benjamin began to sprint after Alexis, his duffel bag and backpack feeling weirdly heavier than Alexis' prosthetics looked. As he rapidly moved down the path leading to the canteen, he saw a large path ahead that swerved by the lake. It split off at several points, but he saw the canteen up ahead nestled among the rustic-looking buildings.

It was a quite large wooden-looking building, and he could tell that it was the canteen because there was a crowd of teenagers entering. He had lost track of Alexis, but with bated breath, he entered the building.

The entire cafeteria was packed like canned sardines, with campers sitting and standing in every available space. Benji just decided to find a spot on the wall to lean on, but saw another kid in a hoodie already nearby that spot. From what he could see, he had quite large circle glasses and he had a mysterious and dangerous aura to him.

"Hey man, do you mind if I just lean here?" Benji asked politely.

"Yeah, whatever." The mysterious camper said in a callous tone, so Benji leaned against the wall, waiting for the opening presentation.

Last edited:
Having arrived at the canteen before Benjamin, Alexis looked around at the other new faces while trying to find a more quiet spot to wait for the announcement. Spying one such spot, she quickly made her way over, only to realize that Samuel was already occupying it. "Uh hey, mind if I stand over here?"
@Red Gallade

Samuel went in to the large wooden building along with the other teenagers, the moment he was inside, he immediately went to try and find where he assumed was a more quiet area with fewer people and sat down. As he waited for the counselor, he watched everyone else that came in, to the point where he started to zone out and let his mind, most likely thanks to overthinking scenarios to start a conversation with someone. When he heard someone call out to him, he jolted back to reality and darted his head over to the girl that spoke to him, he paused for a moment before blinking and shaking his head. "Uh, y-yeah! Yeah, sure, no problem." Samuel said as he tried not to appear flustered, but failed.

"Thanks." Standing a bit closer to Samuel, and noticing his red face, Alexis giggled a bit before extending her right hand, her remaining limb, to him. "I'm Alexis by the way." She then jokingly added. "Don't worry, I don't bite."

Eventually, after what seemed like forever, a blonde-headed woman dressed in a lab coat and an ID stood up on a makeshift stage, which was in front of the counter area at the head of the room.

"Hello, campers! I'm the head counselor Hazel, but you can call me Professor Hazel. Welcome to Camp Pikachu, where you get to experience being a Pokemon trainer.”

The voice you heard on our speakers is the co-head counselor Dominic, also known as Officer Dominic." Rachel looked at one of the counselors, a fit man with a dark skin tone wearing a policeman outfit that resembled Officer Jenny, who winked.

“Hey there kiddos. Hope y’all have a fun summer here.”

Professor Hazel went on to discuss the basic rules of the camp and some of the other counselors, nothing out of the ordinary, especially to other summer camps he’s been in.

She also introduced the camp’s cat and honorary mascot: Meowth. The adorable feline received praise and compliments from the crowd.

“Awww… He’s honestly pretty cute.” The mysterious camper said wistfully, piquing Benji’s curiosity.

“And now for cabins! We like to give your kids the choice of which particular cabin they would like to stay in just know that girls and boys may not stay in the same cabin. Girls cabins are the first ten cabins just north of here and boys cabins are a bit farther down the path and there are ten of them as well. Only five campers per cabin and no one is allowed to be in a cabin by themselves. Also please please PLEASE remember the name of your cabin. There will be a nameplate stating the name of a Pokémon, which will be your cabin's name. Now go ahead, find a cabin and explore the camp!"

The counselor stepped off the table and exited the cafeteria through the back along with some other counselors. Teens started to pile out, along with the mysterious camper from earlier. Benjamin also joined the horde, eager to explore the rest of the camp.

Samuel looked on ahead to see the man who introduced himself as Professor Hazel, this made him smile to hear the Pokemon references, from the officer who dressed like Officer Jenny to the adorable cat that acted as the camp's mascot. He found it ironic that camp Pikachu's mascot was a cat named Meowth, the irony caused him to let out a very brief and faint laugh. Samuel's look became more serious when he heard where their dorms were going to be along side how many people he would share them with... and the fact he likely had to share his cabin with a few other people caused him to show faint signs of discomfort as privacy would then be less likely to come by.

When the explanation was over and instructions were given, Samuel stood up and immediately joined the other teens who exited the cafeteria to look for their dorms. He put his hands in his pockets as he walked and turned his head to see what the camp had to offer, he watched as several of the girls went to their dorm and knew he had to walk just a little further where the boys were going to stay, when he arrived at the dorms, all he did was stand there and stare at them with an indecisive look. He didn't care about the condition of which dorm he would stay in, but the people that he would likely stay with, Samuel wanted to be sure that he didn't have to share a room with anyone with a bitter personality.

Seeing as Samuel was more interested in listening to the counselor and director, Alexis lowered her hand and followed suit. The minute announcements were done, she figured she should probably find an open cabin. "I wish some of my friends were here." She sighed, lamenting over the fact that she knew almost no one here. "In any event, I sure hope that my cabin mates are fine bunking with an amputee."

The cabins were just a short uphill walk away, and Benji looked at them. All of them were based on Pokemon starters, like Oshawott and Charmander. A cabin stood out to him, having hanging flowerpots on the patio, and a variety of flora decorating the exterior. The nameplate above the patio stated that this was the Sprigatito cabin.

"Man, they take this thing very seriously." He admired a cute statue of Sprigatito that sat on the railing.

He tried to go inside but noticed the mysterious camper nearby, attempting to stay hidden. He decided that his next course of action would be to put away his stuff, than explore the rest of the camp.

Looking at each of the cabins, Alexis managed to find the Torchic Cabin which had room for one more. Deciding that this was her cabin, Alexis dropped off her stuff on the remaining bed and stretched a bit before leaving the building. Taking a deep breath and slowly letting it back out, Alexis decided to explore the campgrounds before the real activities started.

"Dang, that was a lot of stuff, but it’s over."

Benji panted tiredly as he set down his duffel bag under his bed. It was an arduous process, but eventually, he got it done. He stood back up, adjusting his plushie of a Beautifly in a tuxedo. It was nested in a little assortment of plushies he put on the bed, each of them being a different Pokémon, some of them with costumes.

“Looking quite dapper there, aren’t you? Yes you are my little plush pal.”

He playfully stated as he squished the little butterfly Pokemon plush’s cheeks, his body sitting down on the bed as it creaked a little. It had taken about thirty minutes to unpack his stuff, meaning that mysterious camper was probably gone.

“Might as well get moving! I need some fresh air anyways.”

He can’t just chill here like those Slowpoke at the bottom of Slowpoke Well, there was so much to see and so many people to meet! So he stood back up, stepped outside the Sprigatito Cabin and hurled himself over the patio’s fence.

Well, I’ve never done this before, but here goes nothing!

As Benji landed a bit awkwardly on the ground in front of the cabin, needing to stumble around to balance himself properly. He made the executive decision to walk back to the lakeside by the cafeteria.

Hopefully, there are some fishes in the water or teenagers around to strike up a conversation.

No matter what he found, it was going to be a big catch. Hopefully it wouldn’t be a Magikarp.