• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Linkachu
Linkachu
I never thought that I'd enjoy playing through Kanto yet again this much. Despite the catch mechanics being incredibly frustrating at times (and desperately missing some of my quick menu shortcuts), having my Pokemon follow me again, making so many of them ridable, and the drastically increased starter Pokemon interactions changed everything for me.
Linkachu
Linkachu
Eevee really felt like a proper, irreplaceable character, which was so lovely to experience in a Pokemon RPG and not just a spin-off game.

Even if wild Pokemon encounters return for future games, I really do hope that some of these Let's Go features carry over to gen 8. If they can make even Kanto - the region I've played to death - feel refreshing, I can only imagine what a brand new game/region would be like.
Forethoughts
Forethoughts
Should I buy a switch for it? Are joycons more comfortable than they look?
Linkachu
Linkachu
@[264292:@Forethoughts]: To be brutally honest with you, I'd not buy a Switch just for the Let's Go games. The Switch itself is a very lovely console to play both docked (with the Pro Controller or Joy-con grip) or in handheld mode, but it'd be more worth your money if you planned to buy other games alongside Pokemon.
Linkachu
Linkachu
Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey are both excellent games, so I'd immediately suggest either of them if they appeal to you whatsoever.

Regarding the Joy-cons, they're nice controllers for what they are but they're best used attached to the console or in the Joy-con grip imo. Playing Let's Go Eevee with a single Joy-con was a right pain, so I preferred to play it handheld.
Forethoughts
Forethoughts
Alright, i was holding off buying one because i thought the switch was uncomfortable looking but if it's good I'll buy other games alongside it. Hard to play with my disability so a comfy controller goes a long way for me.