• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
We tried that once.
It didn't go well.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Awww, dang. What happened?
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
The same thing that always happens when well-meaning but clueless-to-the-magnitude-of-what-this-entails try to teach those unwilling to learn.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Damn :/ That sucks... Well, I could always try doing a Written Work on how to be better so people don't have to ask and just look. Thank you :)
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
The problem is, of course, the fact that you assume any of them would actually be willing to sit down, read or take any recommendations to heart. They barely read the flipping rules, and those are mandatory reading under pain of launching into the sun, let alone a written work by a randomer. @_@
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
... The sad thing is that very few people are actually willing to learn and improve. I wish that weren't the case - but from my experience, with a few extremely rare exceptions, it's basically talking to a wall. And oh gods, it is frustrating as -frell-.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Doesn't help that most of them are school age children who seem to have the mentality of "I'm here to have fun and not to learn I have to put up with enough of that at school". And it really shows considering the fact that most of them just put in the most minimal amount of effort into their writing?
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
I don't mean to discourage you with this - these are just frustrations that I've been dealing with for the decade-plus I've been an admin here. If you want to put together some kind of writing tips series, go for it! Just... don't expect a big reaction? xD
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
I'm not expecting a big reaction to it. It would mainly be something for the people who follow me if they ever have writer's block or something. Although, it is pretty sad how kids nowadays don't want to learn, even if it would benefit them in the future, whatever that benefit may be.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
I will still do a Writer's Series on tips and tricks on how to RP and make a starting post (which is usually difficult for some kids). Hopefully I make a difference for some people.