• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
I'll approve of this not-cat-related pun.

This KillerPunny is gonna go with ScorPunny
SquirtleLover
SquirtleLover
I see what you did there XD
M
ManyAchievables
I dunno, I'm gonna be on a more passive side for the new games. I personally HATED Let's Go and am concerned that they will mess it up again somehow.
Jodie.xox
Jodie.xox
@ManyAchievables I can understand that, Let’s Go was a bit boring for me, I usually just played it for the sake of it xD
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
I don't think they will. Looks to me that they don't have the same Pokémon catching function atleast
Jodie.xox
Jodie.xox
I liked it where you can attack wild Pokèmon
M
ManyAchievables
I think it should work so you have the old battle mechanics, then when you choose a Pokeball, it's the Let's Go catching mechanics.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
Yeah. That looked cool. But i don't think they'll have the same function as in Pokémon Go anymore
Jodie.xox
Jodie.xox
Attacking wild Pokèmon makes it so much easier to grind and level Pokèmon
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
They can have wild Pokémon appear like in Let's Go, then have your Pokémon fight them (cause that's what's fun in my opinion) and then, like @ManyAchievables said, have the same mechanics for catching the Pokémon. That way you won't have to catch 50 000 Pokémon just to gain a level
SquirtleLover
SquirtleLover
Well, the thing with wild Pokemon appearing like in Let's Go is that it is way easier to find a special Pokémon. Let's say for example that there is a route where an Absol would appear. It's way easier to just run around and wait until an Absol spawns then it is to run through the grass like in the old games and fight a lot of wild Pokemon. The Let's Go system also ruins Nuzlockes in my opinion.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
There can be an option for those who want to play in easy mode or something. And easy mode is where the Pokémon appear like in Let's Go and have the same catching mechanics. Then in Normal, wild Pokémon still appear like in Let's Go but now you need to fight them. And in hard it's like the old games
SquirtleLover
SquirtleLover
That could be a solution. Not sure if they could really do it though. Seems really hard to implement. And realisticly, there is no way they will actually do that. By doing so, they would admit that they made a mistake in Let's Go, which they will never do.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
That's true. But let me have my wishful thinking until i accept the fact that it's just a wish and not reality. To quote Thanos: "Reality is often dissapointing"
Jodie.xox
Jodie.xox
To quote Bill: "Reality is an illusion"