• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Plus, amino isn't as regulated as Pokecharms. Pokecharms has been a thing since about 2001 and the rules about Legendaries and Megas had to be added around 2016 due to everyone having one and abusing their powers. Plus, the games and anime are glorified wish-fulfillers, but realistically only a small percentage of people can get Megas and Legendaries and it's never given to them freely.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Well, never given freely as in a 10-year-old will never catch a Legendary or get a Mega Stone from a professor or whatever unless they proved their worth after several years. Plus, Pokecharms used to be on a fandom site before becoming it's own thing. So the rules most likely stem from there and problems with RPs back before the rules were set were really rampant.
GrenadierShaw
GrenadierShaw
Also, if you meant that I'm a 10-year-old kid. Your mistaken, I'm turning 15 in December.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Huh? I'm talking about a character, not you. XD Where did you even get that? I was referencing the age of video game protags you play as in the games and how they get Legendaries and Megas literally after 30 minutes of gameplay.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
I was never referencing your age. On the subject of age, I find that your posted age is 18 even though you openly state you are 14, even though there is nothing on the site that will age restrict you. Regardless, I was mainly explaining as to why Pokecharms is more regulated than other RP forums.
GrenadierShaw
GrenadierShaw
oh Jesus, now I feel absolutely dumb. my apologies.
GrenadierShaw
GrenadierShaw
And I would have thought when putting my age on 18 it would mean as in my character/trainer.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
No, it's talking about you personally. Of course, other people here do it to hide their actual age and other personal information and never say how old they are, so their names, age, and locations are all Pokemon-related or related to their characters.
GrenadierShaw
GrenadierShaw
OH, whoops. I'll be sure to change that.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Well, you'll need a moderators help to change your birthday. XD
GrenadierShaw
GrenadierShaw
Meh, I'll just go with it XD