• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
It’s impossible to prove the existence of an animal that we don’t know about because as soon as it’s proven, it’s something that everyone knows about. But do you really think everyone in the world cares about the different types of slugs that exist in Sweden? Of course not! So there existence is an opinion Swedish people have
Reactions: Nukas
Nukas
Nukas
Existence can not be an opinion, period.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
Nukas, you haven't done a face reveal so the way i'm gonna have to picture you is a blond, cartoonish looking, green-eyed? guy with a black t-shirt with a power button on it. Is that how you look in real life? Even if might be (i don't know if it is) pretty accurate, nothing is more accurate than real life so in my opinion that's what you look like. And that's how i interpret your existence
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
But i know there's more to it than that so that is just an opinion. Am i wrong?
Nukas
Nukas
Your point being? It still doesn’t change the fact that I exist. No matter what you think I look like, I still exist.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
Alright, that obviously didn't help. Let's take ghosts then. Prove their existence to me. Don't just say things about personal experiences. You need to convince me that they're real

With your logic, no matter whether i believe you or not, the ghosts will still exist for me even if i don't believe in them
Nukas
Nukas
Well ghosts are an interesting case. I will say that if they exist or not is Not an opinion. No matter what the answer, it is a fact. Now some people may not believe in ghosts and some do believe in them. Now one of those groups is 100% right. I’m not entirely sure which is right, but I know one is right.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
But you can't prove to me that ghosts exist. Let's go with a more 'easier' task then. Prove to me that you have a teacher
Nukas
Nukas
But you’ve already met Kyuu
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
A teacher in real life
Nukas
Nukas
Why would I have to prove it to you. Belief does not change fact, truth and existence. Whether someone believes in something or not, it doesn’t change if that thing exists or not. If I believe that I’m going to get a game for Christmas, I’m either going to get it or I’m not. My belief does not change the outcome. So why would I have to prove something to you that is truth.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
I don't know. Why do we have to help people in mental asylums? They can believe that they did get a game in christmas present while they might playing on a brick. The question is, do you want to give that person help or not?
Nukas
Nukas
I mean what they believe doesn’t change the truth that they are playing on a brick though. Of course I would want to help someone see the truth, but if they believe it full heartedly, it’s hard to make them believe something they don’t. Belief is one of those things it’s hard to change. Existence is not a matter of opinion, but whether someone believes something exists is a different matter.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
It's pretty real to them. It's all about perspective. You can see see a brick meanwhile they see an entire world in there. Have you ever heard about 'wrongfully convicted'? How many are still in prison because they were framed or something? Out of the policemen's perspective, they're all guilty but they know themselves that they are innocent. But how do they prove it?
Nukas
Nukas
I think you’re not understanding my argument. I’m not saying that everyone’s belief is the truth, I’m saying precisely the opposite. People’s belief doesn’t change the truth of the matter, I’ve never claimed to know how to get someone to see the truth, I was just commenting on the fact that fact and existence is not an opinion despite someone’s beliefs
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
I don't think you're seeing my side. Does that make you're statements a fact or opinions?
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
Congratulations~

Bunbun behave~
Nukas
Nukas
Kyuu to the reskyuu
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
I never behave. What makes you think you can make me?
Sky_
Sky_
Ah, my favorite anime- Re:Skyuu