• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Nukas
Nukas
CONGRATS MEDIC, sorry it took me so long, but I'm so happy for you!!!
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Nah, it's fine. XD congratulate me, no matter how late it is. I will always feel grateful that my baby girl (and myself) were healthy enough to keep living, and grateful that my boyfriend has stayed with me after learning I was pregnant and took the responsibility of a father.
Nukas
Nukas
that's really great medic, I'm glad. Ethelyn is a pretty name.
Mockingchu
Mockingchu
Congratulations! Hope it's been smooth sailing (or as smooth as caring for an infant can be) since the delivery!
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Actually, besides a little jaundice scare, everything has been going super smoothly. She is certainly an easy baby to take care of... and then I get warned that any child after the first one won't be as easy to take care of. XD
soxterluna
soxterluna
back from the dead and came back to say, hope your baby is ok!

xd
Grand Master Koop
Grand Master Koop
What's a jaundice?
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Jaundice is a condition that newborns get quite frequently. Because their livers are just starting to be used, they are unable to get rid of a certain protein in their blood. The only way to do that is by pooping it out (which is why newborn poop is green after the usual black tarry stuff). Jaundice turns your skin yellow and makes you sickly.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
The protein is called bilirubin. Our bodies can get rid of it naturally, but as a newborn or someone with a failing or compromised liver, they can suffer from jaundice when bilirubin levels are too much.
Grand Master Koop
Grand Master Koop
Ah I seem glad that seemed to have passed.
Le Marsouin
Le Marsouin
*The Pastudo looks a bit nauseated at first, but decides to settle for a bit and listen after he finds that it's a natural thing with the very, very young infants. The plastic turtle eats a plastic spoon, while mentally noting the yellow skin condition that the baby can have if they have too much of a type of protein mentioned earlier.*
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
Any child...after the first one?

Planning another already!? XD

I digress, learn something new every day, that was an interesting tidbit of biology. Is it one of the things they try to teach new mothers or was it more your own research?
Grand Master Koop
Grand Master Koop
Was going to ask about that comment too.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
It is something the doctors and nurses tell mothers, especially first time moms, about. It is a pretty big concern that could hurt and cause brain damage for the newborn if it isn't dealt with.

And yes, another one XD I want 4 and I have already wanted 4 before Ethelyn. Just wasnt planned to have her this early.
Grand Master Koop
Grand Master Koop
Damn 4 kids? That’s a lot.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
XD my grandma had 6 and my entire family on my dad's side has a bunch of kids, averaging on 3-5 kids
Grand Master Koop
Grand Master Koop
Wow, big family.
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
My Grandma only had 4, but we've got a toooon of cousins, tbh I can't even remember all of them
Grand Master Koop
Grand Master Koop
Same here, most I have was may dad and his two siblings. But we apparently have a ton of cousins I never even knew existed.
ThePlayfulFox
ThePlayfulFox
Whelp, I'm late. Congrats!