• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

kyuukestu
kyuukestu
Another might be as background music or an OST to add to the ambiance of a scripted scene.

Of course, I can definitely see where random YouTube videos would be messy and disruptive, and I imagine selectively checking the relevance of YouTube videos to posts would be unwanted work on your part.
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
Would there be a less troublesome workaround for this?

Perhaps posting the song in the discussion thread and then quoting said post in the RolePlay thread?
Grand Master Koop
Grand Master Koop
Still no response?
Reactions: Nukas
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
I'm a busy biomechanical abomination, things fall by the wayside sometimes, so thanks for prodding me.

Honestly, again. RPs are meant to be collaborative stories. That means stories. Words. Being inspired by music is fine, but you should be able to communicate the feelings and atmosphere etc. to the other RPers through writing.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Rather than rely on music or art or whatever that are not your own work, have no business being there, and clutter up posts in the RP forums something fierce.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Discussion threads are a bit of a greyer area. They're meant to discuss various elements of the RP, be a place for participants to iron out details about the setting and future interactions, set up control permissions etc - and yeah, sometimes discussing specific posts etc.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
The problem is mostly one of keeping the relevance of the thread to everyone in the RP rather than have it degenerate into a pile of unrelated, unsolicited music videos, memes and one-word replies - as sadly often happens with these because people seem to not get what forums are and what they aren't.