• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
DragonFlye
DragonFlye
Aw, really good, thanks! It's always nice to come back here! And you? How's Omega been doin'?
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Yeah, always a warm welcome huh? I'm good also, been more busy with life than usual since starting acting studies half a year ago. Fun stuff! Also been busy with Pokémon Sword, loving it so far (despite the dex cut that I'm not in favor of >=O )
DragonFlye
DragonFlye
Acting studies! That's awesome, nice job, dude! And I'd heard about the dex cut in Sword/Shield and the modeling issues, is it good otherwise?
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Yess quite fun, we're tackling a Shakespear play after Christmas! As for the dex cut the modeling issues are company BS... The 3D models used have been proven to have been reused models from 3DS. The only thing new about them are slight shading improvements. Gamefreak split their development teams between Pokémon and their new title called Little Town Hero (or something like that)
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
They seem bit worried about the future of Pokémon games since Pokémon company is making larger profit and pushes harder for mobile games like Pokémon GO and Masters. (which in itself is quite sad)
They also probably want to make it so that you'll need to buy their next game (Gen 4 remake for example) to get an access to rest of the Pokémon. Shady business but it is what it is.
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Imo the modeling issues are a lie, other than that misfortune the game is very enjoyable though. Sorry for the novel, I've dived too deep into the topic. xD
What've you been up to though?
DragonFlye
DragonFlye
Aw that bites, but with so many new features I'm glad it makes up for it! I got a new job as a teaching assistant for one of my old professors, it's been really surreal XD But super fun, the semester's passed by super fast.
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Haha I know the feeling! This past year in the school has gone by insanely quick. We're gonna be taking on a Shakespeare play next year, should be fun :D
DragonFlye
DragonFlye
Awesome! Which play?
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Shakespeare's - Midsummer's Dream or something like that. Perhaps you've heard of it? The world of theater and acting is all quite new to me and still opening up
DragonFlye
DragonFlye
I've heard of A Midsummer Night's Dream! I've never seen the play, but I had to read it a while back. I think it's a comedy, so I bet it'll be really fun to perform in XD
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Yeah, it's very tongue and cheek about romance plays and the love affairs of royalty (the play was originally presented at royal wedding which makes it even more hilarious xD)
DragonFlye
DragonFlye
Oh dude, really? I didn't know that! That's great XD
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Oh it's hilarious! Has ton of sexual innuendos in it as well. I asked for one of the main roles in it, very likely to get it as well since vast majority of our class are girls
DragonFlye
DragonFlye
Yesss is it Puck?
Hollow Omega
Hollow Omega
Lysander, though Puck would of been my other choice xD
E.K.A.N.S.
E.K.A.N.S.
And here I thought we were talking about Lysandre from Team Flare. I’m such an uncultured peasant.

Dex cut is awesome, yo. For years fans have been complaining about too many Pokémon in the Dex and the second GF does something about it, they do a complete 180. Hypocrisy at its finest.

Cute Cinccino pfp btw :)