• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

ThAtGuY101
ThAtGuY101
to purge is to remove a group of undesirables. Your white blood cells purge germs and bacteria with brutal relentless force. A truly horrifying blood curdling sight from the perspective of an infection.
Schrift
Schrift
Not that purge

The fictional purge where all law is removes for 12 hours, which means you can do what you want. Murder, robbery, grand theft auto, all become legal.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
*ahem*

Sweden didn't have a government for 9 months from the election in September 2018. Meaning that technically, there were no laws. Not a single person decided to go nuts
ThAtGuY101
ThAtGuY101
To be fair normal people aren't sociopaths looking to kill at the drop of a hat. Hypothetically if someone did go bat shhh crazy either another citizen would put them down or there would be retribution after the election. People ain't gonna forget what that bat shhh person did nor let them get away with it...
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
This is exactly my point. The purge wouldn't work very well. Atleast not the first few years
ThAtGuY101
ThAtGuY101
'The purge' is such a unrealistic movie. Nobody would ever try pull that stuff in real life they would lose face, political support ,and would no doubt be taken out of office one way or another ,and be given a just harsh sentence.

decent horror though. If scary movies are your things you may enjoy this movie. Don't mind me. I'll just be over here in the corner eating the popcorn.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
And like i said, it wouldn't work very well in the first few years even if it came through. Not many people would be stupid enough to do anything. Atleast not until it's been going for a few years and you start getting curious about what it would be like to be an anarchist
ThAtGuY101
ThAtGuY101
That's assuming people are dumb enough to vote these wackos into office after having the other ones taken out.
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
This scenario was on a global scale, so many countries wouldn't have much of a choice. Even the UK would be affected, seeing as it's a monarchy. And when it comes to democracy, the people can be easily fooled by a candidate that is manipulative enough
SparkyChutie
SparkyChutie
Ummmmmm what’s going on?
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
Just having a friendly discussion on how surrealistic The Purge is
SparkyChutie
SparkyChutie
Huh. Interesting
ThAtGuY101
ThAtGuY101
That's a tall order. Your gonna need a hella lot of silver tongued sociopaths applying for political office. Man... Lookin' like Arkham City up in here...
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
If you're gonna convince everyone, yes. But democracy is about majority rules
SparkyChutie
SparkyChutie
Ummm, what does this have to do with my page?
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
This was schrift's question on this thread :p
ThAtGuY101
ThAtGuY101
I'm not talking about convincing the common Joe to kill his neighbor John. I'm talking about getting enough psychopaths into office because a sane person would never attempt such a thing.
SparkyChutie
SparkyChutie
Can u guys plz move this conversation somewhere else
Killerbunny the god
Killerbunny the god
That's what I'm talking about as well. With enough manipulation, you could get the majority to agree. I believe some countries could fall for it. But definitely not every country