• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
IKR? HE PARTIALLY CARRIED THE ORIGINAL. Unbelievable.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
Definitely going to avoid watching that one... what are your opinions on the Aladdin remake?
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
I actually didn’t watch that one. It looked good though, but my opinion is kind of invalid since I haven’t seen it.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
All righty, then! I have to say, I enjoyed the music in that one a lot.
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
Yeah, Disney music usually feels forced and unnecessary imo, but Aladdin is an exception, at least the original. (Except for “A Whole New World”. Bleh.)
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I think that one is well written but not a favorite of mine due to the subject... but Friend Like Me and Arabian Nights are fantastic, and they’re done really well in the live action version. They added a new ‘strong woman’ song called Speechless, which was okay I guess, but also not the greatest.
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
Yeah, A Whole New World is well written, it’s just, not good, imo. Everyone has their own opinion though, and I can respect that. And I agree with Friend Like Me. I freaking love that song.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I had it in a musical theatre class at a summer camp one year and it was great, tbh. The choreography that went with it was fun. And while the new live action version isn’t quite as wacky, it’s still pretty fun. =)
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
Yeah, that song just has a special charm to it, even in the live action version. (Which I have seen clips of.) What’re your opinions on the live action Lion King?
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I watched the first minute and a half before giving up.
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
Lol, I made it about 15 minutes in, before deciding to go learn every instrument in the orchestra. I decided it’d be less difficult than watching that all the way through.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
Just so... expressionless...
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
Ikr? I saw this one fan made CGI trailer using the same art style as the original, but still being live action, and it was just...gold. Truly showed the lost potential of the movie.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
Yeah...

Speaking of Disney, do you know anything about Kingdom Hearts? Just curious.
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
I do. It doesn’t look that bad, I’ve seen trailers for the third one, and watched my cousin play the second a few times a few years ago. It looks alright. Why? Do you recommend it?
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I haven’t played any of it myself (my mom hates video games so the only ones I have are mobile games on my phone and Minecraft) but I got obsessed with KH a while back, mostly because of the cool lore. It’s complex, man. But it’s just really cool that there’s a game where you can visit different Disney worlds and become a part of the story, in a way. And the Keyblades are just plain cool.
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
Yeah, it seems like a cool concept. RPG/JRPG games just aren’t my cup of tea though, so I don’t plan on playing them any time soon.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
Perfectly understandable. =)
Captain Pokémon
Captain Pokémon
Thanks for understanding! What’re your opinions on some good franchises that have been going through a tough time recently? Example: Sonic the Hedgehog.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I’ve barely played any Sonic myself, but it seemed fairly fun. The movie was pretty good imo, but the original animation vs the redo after the tan rage was probably just a publicity thing.