• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Malgai
Malgai
Hi! I use GIMP 2.10 for my pixel art.
And for some tips: First learn how to make shapes and lines you aren't good at making, that will majorly help in the long run. From then on, what I did was base a lot of my pieces off of pre-existing art/game sprites, and over time I simply practiced and improved.
Malgai
Malgai
The great thing about pixel art is that anyone can do it, you just need to practice for a while and have fun while doing it.
I hope this helps, if you have anymore questions I am open to answer them. :)
Mimichu
Mimichu
Reactions: Malgai
jakeorsmtn
jakeorsmtn
Sure, that would be really helpful! By remaking do you mean making new ones or remaking older sprites?
Mimichu
Mimichu
I can redesign Pokémon or make new ones for your game, either one works but you’ll have to ask permission from the creators of Pokémon if you want me to put their Pokémon in game.
jakeorsmtn
jakeorsmtn
It's gonna be all new pokemon. However, will I need to pay you? if so, i can't as i don't have anything I can use to pay you.
Mimichu
Mimichu
Nah, you don’t need to pay me at all. I don’t even have a credit card and helping someone making a real game is going to be one of my biggest achievements!
jakeorsmtn
jakeorsmtn
Alright, well to start, can i see an example of what you can do?
jakeorsmtn
jakeorsmtn
like, post something on your profile?
Mimichu
Mimichu
Like what should I post? My art? If so, what should I draw?
jakeorsmtn
jakeorsmtn
Well, yes, your art. If you can, could you draw something i'm posting right now? if that's too much of a hassle, just post something you already made. btw, we should prob move to pms
jakeorsmtn
jakeorsmtn
Posted it.