• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Willow Tree
Willow Tree
This is why none of my other commissions are getting completed this request really hogging my time I'm so sorry-
Midnight Heart
Midnight Heart
What types of backgrounds are you having to draw? Forests, cities, ect? I'm not great at backgrounds myself, but depending on what you're trying to draw I might be able to give you some tips.
Willow Tree
Willow Tree
I'm trying to keep it as simple as it'll let me, but pretty much just a yellow grass field with speckles of distant boulders and trees. People are helping me on discord, but I still don't know how to make things look more natural. TuT
Midnight Heart
Midnight Heart
Depending on the time of day in the drawing, lightening or darkening certain things can help. If the boulders and trees are supposed to be really far away, lowering the saturation might help a little too, so that they don't stand out as much, and if the background isn't supposed to be the main focus, blurring it a little can help as well, plus it also helps the character(s) in the art stand out more.
Willow Tree
Willow Tree
Oh trust me, the background is really blurred lmao. It consist of airbrush and watercolor habdbsjdbsj-
Do you have a discord perhaps? I can send images to you and maybe it can help you a whole lot more. If you don't, we can take it to dms. ^^