• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Midnight Heart
Midnight Heart
Considering the fact that I've been attacked by my own cat before, whom I raised from a kitten, not at all. I was afraid of him for quite awhile afterwards, cats are cute and cuddly at times but they can be absolutely terrifying and dangerous. :'|
Jayblade
Jayblade
Totally agree. Cats (or at least kittens) are really cute, but they really can mess you up. What really gets to me though is the hissing, whenever a cat hisses I just freeze up and I feel like I can’t move
Midnight Heart
Midnight Heart
Understandable. :'| Though hissing doesn't tend to bother me usually, if my cat hisses at me then usually I get a bit scared and get the frick away from him ASAP. Though he didn't hiss at me at all the day he attacked me from what I remember, hissing makes me of a cat arching its back and kinda walking sideways, which is what he did before rushing at me.
Jayblade
Jayblade
Guess that would’ve been unexpected then, at least hissing is like a warning for you to get back
Midnight Heart
Midnight Heart
Exactly. Growling, on the other hand, is when I completely nope the frick out. In Skye's case, growling seems to mean he is very unhappy and you are in danger. :'|
Jayblade
Jayblade
Don’t think i’ve ever really heard a cats growl before, but dog growls don’t really bother me too much, although i’m a lot more experienced with dogs than cats so that might be why, although I obviously do take a step back if my dog or any other dog growls at me. But growling just doesn’t go straight to my soul like a hiss does