• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I’m doing pretty well, thanks! Aside from still being in school for another couple of weeks, which of course can’t really be helped.~
How about you?
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Of course, heh. Myself? I'm not too bad, thanks! Just wading my way through the last few days of school. There's been some of the usual ups and downs of life recently (like close friends leaving and whatnot), but otherwise I'm pretty much on the bright side.

It seems like (hopefully) the rollercoaster ride of these last two years or so is slowing to final halt.
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
Indeed, although like any roller coaster, there will always be more ups and downs until you leave the cart.
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Havoc_The_Gandalf
That leads me to question — where are we now? Do we sit at the bottom of the slope, in a valley of fickle and relative calm; or on the precipice of a daunting drop, "the calm before the storm"? Perhaps we are in the process of ascending or descending to whatever waits us next, whether that movement be dramatic or leisurely~
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I personally dread the inevitable decline, yet perhaps it may be found more pleasant if the descent is gradual, rather than a sudden fearful rush, plunging down with no forewarning or time to prepare oneself. Perchance the faster descent means one has more momentum to rise again, but there's always the chance that the drop may be the last, as the motion slowly fades on a flat line and finally comes to a halt.
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Ah, one missed such "philosophical" ruminations between us. What an ingenious metaphor, my dear Renz, and so applicable!
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
I myself am surprised by how useful this comparison has been, especially considering my own distaste for such adrenaline-inducing rides. But I am in agreement, these discussions are quite enjoyable.
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Rather ironic, isn't it, that often the things we neglect or dislike are the ones that burden the most burgeoning of thoughts? To quote Ultron: "Everyone creates the thing they fear. Men of peace create engines of war. Avengers create invaders. Parents create children, that will supplant them."
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Furthermore, I guess I've found such insights regardless (referring to the original post), and will not need to reflect on what I wanted to say, but instead on what is said.

Curse you twice, oh treasured irony!
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Havoc_The_Gandalf
RenzFlintrock
RenzFlintrock
Indeed! Always enjoyable, in my memory.
Havoc_The_Gandalf
Havoc_The_Gandalf
*suddenly remembers the Derp Lord*