• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

BluefireChampion_2570
BluefireChampion_2570
Oh, that makes sense. Thanks for the heads-up. I guess I may just participate in the roleplays I'm in and maybe create a new one later.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
That isn't the only reason. Journey RPs tend to die off quickly. Those that stay only stay because the players want their characters to develop throughout the story. Though, if there is a backbone of a plot in mind or if the RP is short and is action-oriented, the RPers will be more inclined to stay. Especially if there's action or drama present.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
It sucks that not very many people can have the commitment for a long journey RP, but it happens. If it seems more slice-of-life, then there won't be many players interested.
BluefireChampion_2570
BluefireChampion_2570
I have an idea. Would a battle facility type of RP be a long one?
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
It could be depending on how many players there are. Most of them start out good, but once the battles actually start and if people are only allowed to go through one battle at a time, those waiting will get bored and drop out, especially if the battle drags on. RPing a team of six vs a team of six takes a long time. XD
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
People seem to be more interested in battles though, despite them losing interest later XD Making RPs is like an artform. You're going to inevitably have RPs that don't make the cut and that's okay. The 4 years I've been here, I've only completed 2 short RPs. Communicating within your discussion is key to understand where your players are at and if they are busy.