• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

kyuukestu
kyuukestu
Well, what kind of RP are you looking for~?
IDKWhatUserNameToDo
IDKWhatUserNameToDo
That's a difficult question to answer, if I have to be honest - or for me at least it is.. There are so many things in an rp that could hook me in. The premise, the setting(s) and probably things that I'm forgetting to mention even-

I also have a possible character idea I'd like to use, but I'll see what I end up doing with it depending on the rp I end up joining
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
Then, are you looking for something with a flexible open-world format or a focused story-driven one. Do you like a focus on battling against other Rpers or would you rather collaboration against some evil team?
IDKWhatUserNameToDo
IDKWhatUserNameToDo
Oo that sounds quite interesting.. If it's open world I think I can slot in my character idea without doing any drastic modifications (most likely at least). I'm assuming you're suggesting me to join "Pokemon: Role Play Thread". I've been eyeing it, but I honestly feel a bit intimidated to join it- Mostly because I wouldn't really know where to begin? If that makes any sense??
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
If you're fine with open-world sandbox style then I'd welcome you, and really, because it's sandbox style you can begin wherever you'd like.

You can use an OC who's a new trainer or one who's a veteran trainer. Personally, I favor using a new trainer.
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
My OC is a girl from Oblivia, since they don't do Pokemon battles she's almost entirely clueless. Right now she's in Galar, her first capture was a Houndour that happened to have been tagged by poachers, a ranger is borrowing her Houndour in an attempt to track down and capture those poachers.
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
We've also got other trainers challenging the Pokemon league, one guy who got sold into debt slavery, a detective investigating some funny business with the PC storage system...all sorts of stories going on at the same time, some of them are related and some completely separate.
kyuukestu
kyuukestu
If you're interested I'd say first think about what kind of story you want to write with your character and then see where you can fit in or who you'd like to weave your story with, then just have fun ^^