• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
~Rinko~
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• ...Anime name nuance~
    While listening to a song for... probably the 20th time today, I realised one of the words, a form a verb for "to wear," was "matoi."

I checked, Ryuko's last name uses the same kanji.

Try and name a non-slice-of-life anime where most characters' names are Japanese, with none having nuance to them like that. I dare you.
    Okay so... I just played a bit of Akinator, hoping that my first pick was good.
    It went pretty well. Until one point.
    "Do they play card games?" Oh crap. "Are they part of a club?" Ohhhh crap. "Do they perform on stage?" Ohhhhhhhh crap...~
    Reactions: Willow Tree
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    Next game, after learning the character I was thinking of was male with blue hair, he quickly asked about card games...~
    But I was shaking up the series and ended up beating him...~
    Sheeeshh... that took all day to reline...~
    Ah, well, I think it's worth it~ This is sure to be a piece I'm gonna be really proud of~ Plus I've got quite a bit of time to spare, still~
    Whew... usually the paper-portion of a drawing takes an hour... this was an hour and a half.
    I'm still amazed at myself, though~ I might add that one specific detail I skipped over when I'm relining it... mm, probably...
    ...So bored.
    Any good RPs around right now? Preferably one in the general RP forums and either about a fantasy/supernatural world the thread creator made up or a series I know, but hell I'm so bored and this place is so dead I'd probably take anything now...
    Hm...
    Why did I worry so much about starting a picture for the 14th today, when it took me only just over an hour to finish the paper-portion?
    ...C'mon motivate myself...
    If I don't catch up to where I should be with these stories, I won't draw that best boy or start that anime until the new year.
    Ahhh... isn't it just great when you sit down to watch a new season of something... but it's been so long since the last season you don't remember half the characters?
    ...Such a fun season.
    But then they just had to make it suddenly painful, didn't they...? Even though I knew there had to be a painful confrontation like that eventually, it still was so sudden... and so painful... why does it have to be the best boy who suffers like this...?
    Help. I spent way too much time this afternoon searching for Aichi fanart.

...And yet, I still don't have a desktop background of him I'm satisfied with. sigh
    Okay so I just stumbled on this...
    Two things.
    1, How old does the first song sound?
    2, Roselia's cover of Believe in my existence is better for sure.
    I haven't gotten any further in the video yet so I can only comment on those two.
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    Update. I have gotten to #4. The ranking goes 2 > 3 > 1 >>> 4.
    They still sound very old. Also if they keep this quality through the G series, then it occurs to me that HEROIC ADVENT may not be of even average quality in comparison to the rest of the songs up to that point.
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    Update. I was right. HEROIC ADVENT seems a bit above average compared to these openings. Haven't compared with the endings, but I feel like... actually it could still be bad in comparison to those. The first two V series endings were surprisingly good, after all...

Very scuffed ranking:
    2 > 5 > 6 > 3/8/15 > 11 > 9 > 1/10/12/14 > 13 > 7 >>> 4

They still sound older than they are.
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    If anyone wants a full, still scuffed ranking of all the songs in the video (plus the two that're too recent) here:
    23 >>> 21 > 16 > 2 > 17 > 5 > 20 > 6/19 > 3/8/15 > 11 > 9 > 1/10/12/14 > 13 > 7/18 >>> 4/22

...Wait why didn't I freakin' mark down the If opening in that document since it's Argo–
    Alright~ Day 1 of my month-long daily writing challenge has gone reasonably well~ I've made it in time, after all~
    ...Sheesh it's been almost a week since I made a status update?

Anyways. Can someone help me come up with the personality of a character in a story of mine? He's like the last one I need to come up with it for and I've got nothing...
    kyuukestu
    kyuukestu
    Have you tried randomly generated character traits?
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    Ah, no, I haven't.
    The sites I usually go to for random generators don't have very helpful ones for personalities. Even if I find one which is just personality traits... the odds I'll get something that feels right... doesn't seem high... I should probably try and look for one, even so, I guess...
    kyuukestu
    kyuukestu
    fair enough, to narrow it down you could pick character traits from your favorite characters and merge them together
    Whew... wasn't as great as people say it is, but boy... those last couple episodes were great~ Certainly not a waste to have watched it, at the least~ And no I'm not just saying that 'cause I get Kyoukaisen in AMQ now.
    Gahhhhhh--
    It's Rinko's birthday today, so I'm trying to change my profile picture but this stupid bug won't let me...!
    ...I feel low on motivation to watch shtuff.

Please answer this if you see it... the site'll feel too dead otherwise...
    Do you think this lack of motivation might be caused by how I'll no longer see this one absolutely adorable character, due to having moved out of the part of the show focusing on him...?
    Help I can't find my previous names–
    Where's the page with my previous names gone? And the name change page in settings–
    Yup. I really didn't need to watch that sequel...
    The first season was fine, fun, enjoyable and intense, with an emotional ending.
    The sequel was a little nonsensical, boring, had less good jokes, less fights and an ending that made literally all the character drama, which had become the focus, seem... pointless.
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    ...Putting it like that, it sounds like I absolutely hate that sequel. I don't, though. I just think it's boring and very lacklustre compared to what came before it...
    sigh Why... why do shows decrease in quality in terms of writing?
    I though that 2-episode mini-arc would be pretty good and interesting, but gosh was that resolution boring and just... unfulfilling. With everything beforehand, it shouldn't have been resolved so quickly and by someone who... didn't know him? Like, at all?
    So, new profile picture~! Thoughts? Totally not making a status for this 'cause basically no one's talked about him.

I decided to swap from a cute picture of him to a cool one, since I'll be finishing his show today~ Well, not completely finishing it. I still have the sequel to go. But still~
    deep breath This site's still dead but even so I'll use every means I have to shake out my shock and pain at this plot development...
    Why is this happening to best boy why why why why why
    Ahhhh– best ending came an episode earlier than I thought~ Still, hearing it... knowing I'm in the final stretch of this show... close to the sequel~
    ...Has anyone else ever picked up a show for a silly reason (like some of the opening/ending song(s)) and just... suddenly been enthralled by interesting mysteries and intriguing plot points that just cropped up?
    flint-n-steel
    flint-n-steel
    yeah fire force
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    Huh.
    That's actually on my planning partially for some of the openings~ But it also has the reason of "interesting-looking shounen action" – making it fit in with my typical interests – which sets it apart from the show I was talking about, which had nothing other than ops/eds making me watch it...~
    flint-n-steel
    flint-n-steel
    yeah fire force definitely has an interesting plot once you watch the show more and more, especially if you read the manga. the lore actually gets really meta once you go deeper into its lore, i'd highly recommend watching it now then reading the manga

also other shows that made me wanna watch them solely cuz of ops include overlord as well cuz op 4 is such a masterpiece
    ...Y'know, it's been a while since I've done anything on the forums...
    I wanna join a RP but none of the active ones look good and I don't know what would be a gripping concept if I were to make one...
    ...Only six more episodes of op1 and the awesome ed2...
    After that, 13 episodes of the worst opening and ending, before the best song, ed4, shows up...

And before that fourth ending shows up... I want to get my first expert all perfect. No, I will~ Only 7 out on one of my attempts so far, after all...~
    Ahh, tomorrow I'll get to ed2 of that show~ Can't wait to hear it~
    ...In about a week I'll stop hearing op1... no... then I have to wait another week to get to the only song in this show that's better than op1...

...Yes I can say and am saying a RAS song is better than a Roselia song Roselia is best band but their songs aren't all amazing.
    Reactions: =Nightshade=
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    ...Especially the first ones they do for an anime like what the hell-- HEROIC ADVENT and Nesshoku Starmine are some of my least favourite Roselia songs...
    I have to pay close attention... if Roselia does a song for another anime (though I think only Popipa's getting non-Bushiroad series) then I have to see if it follows this pattern...
    ...At this pace, 21 days... on the 23rd... one more week for the sequel... so it'll be October when I get to the prequel. Noted.
    Okay so... if a writer kills off a character and then almost immediately revives them in a... kinda stupid way... what was the point of killing them off? They could've just had that character get critically injured and have someone quickly drag them off the battlefield, right?
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    Yes.

Shock factor? Yeah that's a dumb reason.
    Using the alternate route I suggested could still create massive tension, though, which could be as gripping, right? Or maybe not quite as much, but still close enough that people would think it's better?
    ~Rinko~
    ~Rinko~
    Though now, in this instance...
    I think it might not have been the original plan. It could very well have just been because of fan backlash that absurd thing happened.

...I hope. This question still stands in case it was the initial plan...
    kyuukestu
    kyuukestu
    Could be, people tend to oversell 'plot twists' and forget that they don't exist for the sake of existing.

Fan backlash is also serious, especially with a volatile fanbase who might harass the author, VAs, etc. It does hurt the story.
    sigh It is pain when you want to ask a question but you feel slightly embarrassed and you wish for an anonymous posting option or something.
    Please help motivate me to post this question, I need to know the answer and I don't know why I'm slightly embarrassed I've previously expressed my interest in that series after all.
    Why am I also bringing a problem from another site here, or something?
    ...Sports should only be on a general news program if there's some really big event, like our county winning a big tournament.
    Because y'know... not everyone likes sports, after all. And it's unfair that other interests people have don't get a guaranteed slot, while sports does, right?
    Reactions: TheJustinMann
    TheJustinMann
    TheJustinMann
    I think it's mostly that sports have become so popular over time that they've somewhat integrated them into society. Every school here in the USA has some sort of sports team that competes, and they're quite popular among citizens.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…