• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Thomas Runner
Thomas Runner
Hiya, uh......oh yeah, Eon:D
Azur
Azur
Hehe, how are you? :)
Thomas Runner
Thomas Runner
a little down, my friend i just helped get on, might be banned, because he put Gifs on a private conversation, and StellarWind somehow got in
Azur
Azur
Oh, I'm sorry. The reason he got in, though, is because he is an admin and can get into any conversation. I don't know why he might be banned just for putting in GiFs. As far as I know it is not against the rules.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Actually, the reason I 'got in' was because this friend of yours included me in the list of users in the conversation - and said conversation was pure unadulterated SPAM from ANY perspective.

But rest assured he wasn't banned - merely warned. He'll be moderated for a while until he understands how forums work, but so long as he doesn't violate any other rules, he should be fine.
Azur
Azur
I was going to mention that, but I wasn't sure, so I left it out of my already lengthy post.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
The problem is not the random animated gif. It's the unsolicited random posting of nothing /but/ an animated gif. Falls under short, pointless posts as far as I'm concerned.

Frankly, the problem is less that he posted a gif and more the fact he mass-messaged multiple users with said gifs.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
This sort of behaviour may be fine amidst group of friends who all know what to expect - but when strangers are involved, that's borderline harassment. And when /administration/ is involved, that's borderline stupidity.
Thomas Runner
Thomas Runner
so does that mean DangerRangerJJD cannot get on temperaraly
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Incidentally, he also yoinked aforementioned gifs from people's profiles here without asking their permission - and even if he had asked them... what exactly would be the point, where these gifs can be seen virtually anywhere these people post?

Stupid, Pointless, Annoying Messages. SPAM. Simple as that.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Anyway, to clear up the thing - he can continue getting on just fine. He was only temporarily moderated - not banned. This means that anything he might post will require staff approval to be visible to anyone else for a while - mostly so we can see if he actually learned his lesson.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
This will eventually expire, unless he violates any more of our rules, in which case he will be dealt with accordingly. That is all. ^^
Thomas Runner
Thomas Runner
oh, i will keep an eye on him, i am in the same English class :D
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Good luck. XD