• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Azur
Azur
@darkomaraven Well, I just hope you have fun. :) BTW when is it? Summer probably?
darkomaraven
darkomaraven
@Kyumbeon nope this has nothing to do with art. This program is for students looking for careers in science and engineering (AKA me)

@EonMaster101 It's at the end if June, right after I get out of school.
Shiny Motley
Shiny Motley
ahhh fair enough XD Speaking of which, what do you hope to be when you grow up and stuff? I know you probably still have like a year or two before doing all that college/job stuff but yeah ^^;
Azur
Azur
@darkomaraven Nice! Have fun. :)

@Kyubeon I am not sure what I want to be because I have no kills that are useful in jobs.
darkomaraven
darkomaraven
@Kyumbeon looking to be a physicist! Although, good schools for that field are rather difficult to get into. But this should help quite a bit!
Shiny Motley
Shiny Motley
dsfguiwlrdhge PHYSICS OMG WAIT ARE YOU SERIOUS fdljvhsdfljgrehsjgw I thought I was the only one who liked the subject ahhhhh~ My dad has a Ph.D in physics which kinda helped foster my interest in the field |D
darkomaraven
darkomaraven
YASSS! I'm pretty much the only one in my physics class that actually wants to be there! XD and I'm good at it too (I have a 100 in that class) so yay! :D you plan on taking on a career in that field?
Shiny Motley
Shiny Motley
Sadly my interests more align with computer science and linguistics ^^; But when I was younger, I always wanted to pursue a job in the field, mostly to work in NASA and all that. So you can imagine my jealousy for you now ;D
darkomaraven
darkomaraven
Hehe I'm very happy about this!

I was just taking a computer science class, C++ was the language we focused on. Tbh I found it rather tedious and boring. I thought I'd really enjoy it too >_<
Shiny Motley
Shiny Motley
Computer science really isn't for everyone, as I found out XD A lot of my friends are very math/science oriented, many couldn't stand the class, though some did. Meanwhile, some of my art friends also took the class and surprisingly enjoy it. It's a funny subject :x
darkomaraven
darkomaraven
Yeah it is. Then again, it's like learning a language, and I for one don't particularly enjoy that. Those 5 years of Spanish were torture to me.
Shiny Motley
Shiny Motley
Oh gosh don't remind me of learning Spanish x_x all my teachers were terrible and thus I couldn't learn anything. I think I picked up more Japanese from anime than I did Spanish during that time, too <<
Azur
Azur
@Kyubeon Anime is the best Japanese teacher. :P I am nervous and excited for next year because I'll be in high school and it just be different from where I am now.
Do you guys have any tips?
Shiny Motley
Shiny Motley
High school is a pretty different experience from middle school. Do NOT fall under negative peer pressure; it'll be a lot more prominent in high school than in middle school. Use this time to instead explore your interests; heavens know it'll be helpful when considering career paths and whatnot. And don't be afraid to be a nerd~
AzureEdge
AzureEdge
The first day isn't what it seems. Everyone is new, some kids know each other, but spark some conversations, make some friends, JOIN CLUBS (You will find your people there, if nowhere else) pass everything, and you'll be fine~
Azur
Azur
Well, I guess that does helps, thanks guys. *hugs* Luckily, there is an ANIME CLUB at my new high school and I have an AP and 3 honors classes so... nerd? Guilty!
darkomaraven
darkomaraven
One thing I'd say is dont make the same mistake I did and leave all your friends. Always make sure you have back ups in your social life. Last year was hell for me since I had no backups. (I'm good now tho)
Azur
Azur
@darkomaraven Ah, luckily, at least my closet friend now is coming with me, but I'm not sure who else from my school is going. At least I'll have one person if nothing else.
Shiny Motley
Shiny Motley
A good social group is great, especially if they're emotionally supportive and whatnot. Actually, having a support group is especially important in high school imo. You never know what you might need them for~
darkomaraven
darkomaraven
Yeah, plus it can keep you out of a depression from loneliness. That plus school equals bad grades.