• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

AliTheDarkTrainer
AliTheDarkTrainer
I never realized that Johto didn't have a dark type gym, Kinda ironic seeing that they introduced Umbreon and Espeon in the region.
vKyoko
vKyoko
This never made sense! No other regions have dark type gyms either =(. What's the deal GameFreak!!!
AliTheDarkTrainer
AliTheDarkTrainer
Yeah, it would make sense to put one in Johto since that region introduced dark types in general. As well as dragon types. (They gave dragon types a gym but not dark types)
vKyoko
vKyoko
They introduced Steel and Dark in Gen 2 (dragon type had an elite 4 member in Gen 1). I mean heck, even ICE TYPE has gyms and Elite 4 members (Dark type has 3 different Elite 4 members).
AliTheDarkTrainer
AliTheDarkTrainer
You know I guess Dark types are lucky, the basic types only dream of being in the Elite 4 or even the Champion for that matter.
vKyoko
vKyoko
Dark type seems to be top tier on the hierarchy if you ask me. Only has Elite Four members because it's too tough to handle 8-). RIP Normal type forever only known for Whitney's Miltank.
AliTheDarkTrainer
AliTheDarkTrainer
I myself am a dark type trainer, I actually prefer using Umbreon for its tankyness. And Zoroark has a pretty good type covrage with the right moveset. So Dark types are pretty underrated by battles, but really the people that use them just don't judge by moves. (And don't forget the psychic immunity)
Reactions: vKyoko
vKyoko
vKyoko
I used to be a Physic Elite Four Member for my friends old league, and I purposely used dark type counters so I wouldn't have to deal with them. Physic Pokemon are pretty OP themselves, so with dark type counters on board you become a tough trainer.

At heart I am a water/bug type trainer!