• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Mechanist Gamma
Mechanist Gamma
Hell yeah! I've played Sacred Stones, Awakening and Conquest and I love them all. As soon as I finish up a thing, I'll be getting Echoes.
Hydreigonborn
Hydreigonborn
I've played Awakening, Conquest, Revelations, Birthright, and Shadiw Dragon. I too, soon will be getting Echoes.
Hydreigonborn
Hydreigonborn
One question, Hoshido or Nohr?
Mechanist Gamma
Mechanist Gamma
Nohr because of family bonds, Hoshido because of ruler and motives.
Hydreigonborn
Hydreigonborn
I pick Hoshido, I can't stand n
Nohr.
Mechanist Gamma
Mechanist Gamma
The ruler? Yeah, I getcha. But I feel like Corrin would side with Nohr, because it would be so hard for him to just abandon the kingdom and siblings he grew up with all his life.
Hydreigonborn
Hydreigonborn
But also, Garon killed Sumeragi, which makes me feel that Corrin would side with Hoshido.
Mechanist Gamma
Mechanist Gamma
True, but he really barely knew her. Besides, playing through Nohr allows you to understand more of Corrin's motivations for siding with Nohr - changing his kingdom from the inside.
Hydreigonborn
Hydreigonborn
Also, let's be real, If Ryoma actually tried to commit suicide, he would just dodge it.
Mechanist Gamma
Mechanist Gamma
...no, he wouldn't. When Ryoma kills himself, he WANTS to die. So he doesn't try to dodge whatsoever.
Hydreigonborn
Hydreigonborn
I know... :(
BurbleBurble
BurbleBurble
Real talk: All of Fate's Story was garbage, especially Conquest.

I do love the game for the gameplay and characters, but Corrin and Azura made some idiotic decisions in the plot that you can't deny.
Mechanist Gamma
Mechanist Gamma
True, but they're not trained to be leaders like Ryoma and Xander. They weren't supposed to lead the armies they did, they just happened to be thrust into that role. And to be fair, everyone makes some idiotic decisions.

And Conquest's story is good.
BurbleBurble
BurbleBurble
No, they were fine leaders. But the idiotic choice was INCREDIBLY IDIOTIC. Azura used a magic orb to show Garon's monster form to Corrin...and only Corrin. Not even Gunther, who was a little ways away. Instead, they decide that letting Garon invade Hoshidon and murder hundreds just so he can sit on the throne AND THEN show everyone his true form was a much better plan.
Mechanist Gamma
Mechanist Gamma
Because they doubted the others would believe them whatsoever. Besides, Garon didn't trust them. They couldn't just go and kill Garon because they felt like it.