• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

Ry_Burst
Ry_Burst
Well, I haven't been RPing log enough to have old OCs from years past, but I found some old pictures of a character I drew roughly 10 years ago. It’s not the best. I did my best not to throw up.
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
Looking at my old Pokémon Mary Sue from when I was twelve...And subsequently wanting to scratch my eyes out.
Reactions: Yaspen
Teapot
Teapot
I've tried my best to bury my old OCs. They're baaaaaaaad. :p
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
I must burn her...No-one will ever know...
Sky_
Sky_
I mean... If I'm twelve, does that mean all my Ocs are crap?
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
They've gotta be better than mine, at least!
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
She owned one of every pokemon in the world. She was the champion of every region. She was bonded with all of the legendary pokemon in Sinnoh, and cpuld turn into an umbreon at will. She was also Paul's (From the anime's) girlfriend...She was terrible.
Teapot
Teapot
That's... actually incredible. I don't think I've known a character that's that much of a Mary Sue. I'm genuinely impressed.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Hey now xD I've had 7 XD
Each of them had a specific type they specialized in. With each type, they could bond with that Pokemon a lot easier, even legendaries. Their mother had caught every single Pokemon including befriending legendaries. They then caught more legendaries and they can utilize aura powers in more ways than a Lucario can, like creating limbs with them and transforming into that Pokemon of their type.
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Of course, it still had limitations, it was still quite Mary Sue. And then they had a dimension all to themselves after the Creation Trio and Arceus created it for their family a few generations back after their great-great grandfather accepted a trial. I had to put severe flaws and limitations to make them slightly okay. They're still Mary Sue though.
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
Shiny Blue Gardevoir
She was the kind of Mary Sue I'd make now, as a joke, and not take seriously at all. Fortunately, I now make much better characters, sans legendaries, and sans shagging canon characters (My most used OC has another OC boyfriend)
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Also, depending on my mood and which area they were in, one of my characters could fall for a person in the anime or games... They could also go through dimensions to different areas. These could be from the Gen I games where only Gen I moves and Pokemon existed, to the remakes of those Gen I games, and even more infinite possibilities. Hell, even having megas in the HeartGold/SoulSilver timeline.
Sky_
Sky_
I must agree with Teapot. Kyuudos to you
Aura
Aura
Wow, suddenly my terrible OCs feel completely inadequate. That’s amazing!
Reactions: Sky_
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
XD Well, then again, I'm the kind of person who'll keep my OCs and try to make them acceptable as much as I can XD but with remnants of what they were still in there.

Every time I had a universe to plant an OC in, it'll always be my staple character, and she'd always be every single creature in that universe, and if that wasn't stretched, I'll stretch her even more and make her slightly edgy and immortal.
Sky_
Sky_
Self-Esteem boost!
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
XD yee XD I'll make people feel better about their OCs by telling them mine XD that should be a thread XD describe your most cringy OC XD
Aura
Aura
No seriously I'm genuinely impressed. Also a "your cringy OC" thread sounds so fun!
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
I'm going to make one now :D
Merciless Medic
Merciless Medic
Where would one go? In the Roleplay forum as a discussion or just Pokemon Chat?