• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokécharms

StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
I've not given you a warning for this as there seems to have been a miscommunication that led you to believe that this might be allowed. But in the future, unless you actually sat down and built these things ENTIRELY from scratch, refrain from posting any further screenshots to this effect.
Palusokudo
Palusokudo
Ok, I didn't put that into consternation went posting that, also can I upload a that version without those decals? sorry for the misunderstanding and that won't happen again. Also did I do the rights ok, I was worried about that.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
See, this is the part where you trip into a bit of a policy issue - and I'm going to have to split this message into a few because of the ridiculous character limit on statuses. XD
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Essentially, our policy on video game screenshots is that they are generally not allowed if they showcase something created with ingame tools (so, for example, one would not be allowed to showcase a character made in the game's own character generator) unless they primarily showcase something created outside the game (like custom equipment created as a mod by the person uploading the screenshot, etc).
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
The exception being games with very extensive art modules like Minecraft-type things where actually constructing large elaborate shenanigans is part of the point of the game or Pokemon Art Academy (which is just allowed wholesale).
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
Now the actual decal creation engine of the Forza games - which is the way people make all these insane designs to begin with - WOULD be considered a major art tool, and if you made something with that that would be fine and well to showcase.
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
But I guess the question is - without all the searched-for graphics - would your car design be really anything more than a few text labels? And if so, is it really something you consider worth uploading?
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
and is the basic text tool, for example, really 'elaborate' enough to constitute an exception to our general policy on screenshots?
StellarWind Elsydeon
StellarWind Elsydeon
As far as I'm concerned the answer would be 'probably not', but if another staff member wishes to contest me on this, I'll be open for other opinions. I'll have to prod them about this, anyway. ^^