• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Sun/Moon Singles 2017 Singles Showdown - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
2017SS_zpsuxqsrhbd.png

This will be our first tournament of 2017 (naturally) as well as the first Gen VII tournament, so I felt the best way to get started with all the new Pokemon, moves, items and abilities available is to keep it simple and familiar.

Standard 6vs6 singles on Pokemon Showdown is the name of the game. A lot of the rules will be the same stuff you're used to, but some things may be a bit different to what you'd expect to see. First of all, the link to Pokemon Showdown:

http://pokemonshowdown.com/ (Pokémon Showdown! battle simulator)

Here's the rules:

Endless Battle Clause: Any moveset on any Pokémon that is capable of intentionally causing an endless battle is banned from competitive play. Thus:
A Pokémon may not carry Recycle and hold a Leppa Berry in conjunction with Heal Pulse and Milk Drink, Moonlight, Morning Sun, Recover, Roost, Slack Off, Soft-Boiled, or Wish.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Pain Split on its moveset.
A Pokémon may not hold a Leppa Berry and carry Recycle and Fling on its moveset.

Evasion Clause: The moves Double Team and Minimize, in addition to the abilities Sand Veil and Snow Cloak, are not permitted in play.

Moody Clause: Pokémon with the ability Moody are not permitted.

OHKO Clause: A Pokemon may not have the moves Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, or Sheer Cold in its moveset.

Sleep Clause: Only one Pokémon may be put to sleep on the opposing team at a time, if not induced by a move such as Rest.

Species Clause: Players cannot have two Pokémon with the same Pokédex number on the same team.

Baton Pass Clause: Only one Pokemon per team can have the move Baton Pass.

Pokémon may be up to level 100.

Banned Pokémon:

Arceus
Darkrai
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Dialga
Genesect
Giratina
Giratina-O
Groudon
Ho-Oh
Kyogre
Kyurem-W
Lugia
Lunala
Marshadow
Mewtwo
Palkia
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Shaymin-S
Solgaleo
Xerneas
Yveltal
Zekrom

Banned Abilities:

Power Construct

Banned Items:

Gengarite
Kangaskhanite
Salamenceite
Soul Dew

Signup deadline is January 31st 2017, if you wish to compete simply post in this topic saying so. Any questions about the tournament are to be posted here as well where they will be answered by me. Any post that's not a signup or a question about the tournament will be considered SPAM and will get you a warning as always.

You may now begin signing up.

Signups:

- Generation Sect
- Lord of Pain
- spider_mankey
- Brendan Savem
- HydreigonBorn37
- Shocari
- Psycho Monkey
- RLRL
- SMRPG64
- MegaCharizardZ
- Kat-Raichu
- koopa000
- arandomlatios
- TheRagingSSJG
- GameBug03
- Aggronite
- Cutepikachu343

Last edited:
I'd like to sign up too but before I do I have 2 questions

1. Are Z moves ok to use and if so is there a max for how many per team?

2. Is it ok for pokemon with baton pass to pass speed along with other stat raises?

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
1. Z-Moves are fine, there are no restrictions on them.

2. The only restriction on Baton Pass is the one noted. You can pass whatever you want, but only one 'Mon can have Baton Pass on your team.

Also, you might want to shrink your signature size, it's about twice as big as it should be.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Tentative sign up as I still need to work on my team/completely redo it, and I have no idea what my workload will be like this coming year. I'll let you know ASAP if I decide to drop out.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
It is post-Bank.

Since there's been so many questions about what is and isn't allowed, just to summarize: If I've not outright mentioned that it isn't allowed in the rules, then it is allowed. If you are still uncertain about something (especially if it is something that probably shouldn't be left allowed) then please do still ask about it, but hopefully that will answer some questions for you.

Anything to try and make sun and moon more interesting, not had any sort of competitive battle in ages, this should be fun

1 last question, when battling do we have to use a specif format from the format list on showdown? because my team is only being allowed on specific formats

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Most of the time we have to use Uber/Anything Goes for the matches themselves due to some 'Mons allowed being banned from Smogon's OU.

@KoL do you have any idea what the schedule will be like? Is it taking place over several days or all in one night? I'd like to know a bit about that before I make my decision. Thanks!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
@KoL do you have any idea what the schedule will be like? Is it taking place over several days or all in one night? I'd like to know a bit about that before I make my decision. Thanks!

These usually take place over the space of around a month or two after the January 31st deadline. Each round's deadline is around 1-2 weeks thereabout, if that gives any idea.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Due to the very good response this thread has gotten so far (thanks everyone) I will state now that if we hit 32 entrants the signups will automatically end and the matches will begin.

Keep that in mind for preparations, and if you haven't signed up yet but are considering doing so.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
They did, but with everything so uncertain at this stage about how good/not good everything is, I've defaulted to the previous bans with Solgaleo, Lunala and Complete Zygarde thrown in.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
No.

Again, if I've not stated in the first post that it's not allowed, then you can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.