• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open A Journey Through Kalos - Discussion and Sign Up

Rules:

Follow all Pokecharms rules
No legendaries
You can't replace any of the gym leaders but you can be related to one
Start off with one first stage evolution Pokemon
No pure OOC posts

You need to have decent spelling and grammar to be accepted, please don't be upset because you aren't accepted.

No Fakemon
No having a ditto

Name
Appearance
Personality
Backstory

Pokemon
Nickname

The RP is basically about a trainer who is getting started in Kalos. They can travel with friends and stuff like that. I'm only going to accept about 4-7 people, and they will be people who can write well and spell words correctly. Don't be offended if you are declined, you can always join another one of my RPs.

Here's mine;

Name: Aster

Appearance: Short Brown hair, Emerald green eyes, dark skin, black t shirt, grey leggings.

Personality: Friendly, Calm, Smooth, Chill, Loves Pokemon, Determined

Backstory: Aster grew up in Cyllage City and always longed to go to the gym on the mountain too train with her uncle, Grant. Her parents wouldn't let her as they believed it was too dangerous. One day when she was 9, she climbed up the mountain and entered the gym. Grant let her live and train with him. At first Aster couldn't climb the huge wall, but by the time she was 12 she could climb up in under 5 minutes. Grant loved Rock Pokemon, but didn't think that Aster loved them as much. So one day when she was 13, Grant gave her an egg, he had no idea what was inside. Aster took care of the egg until a month later, it hatched into a Purrloin which she named Malle. Aster taught Malle how to climb. Grant told her when she turned 14, she could leave to go on a journey. The day she turned 14 she quickly packed up her stuff and left on a journey with Malle.

Pokemon: Purrloin
Nickname: Malle
Moveset: Sucker Punch, Slash, Play Rough, Pursuit

TheStargazer

Previously LunaLuma
Name: Fletcher
Appearance: Fletcher has Short brown hair, Grey-Blue Eyes, and Pale Skin. He wears a Grey Hoodie and Black Jeans. He also wears Black Sneakers. He has a Purple Side bag where he places Em as well as other items like Pokeballs and his Pokedex, in smaller pockets.
Personality: Fletcher looks intimidating and dull but he is actually very friendly. Fletcher can act mysterious sometimes but to most, a kind trainer who loves his pokemon.

Backstory: Fletcher has spent most of his Childhood in Lumiose City. The Center of Kalos. He struggled to make friends in Lumios city as people found him odd. He ended up making friends with Emma when he was 7 and since then they were good friends. Fletcher would reguarly go to the Ally streets to talk and give food. One day, they both found a Espurr. Fletcher had a Pokeball on him and caught one of the Espurr and called it Em after Emma. Emma could not afford to buy a Pokeball so she instead made good friends with it and called it Mimi. When Fletcher turned 16, His parents said he could go on a journey with Es but he wanted to stay with Emma. When Fletcher told Emma about all of this, Emma said for him to go on his journey and because she was okay with it, he did.

Pokemon: Espurr
Nickname: Em
Level: 15
Moveset: Em can use Scratch, Light Screen, Psybeam, and Disarming Voice.

Because I now have permission from the roleplay creator, I will be using only a Pokémon Character in the roleplay. (There is a lot more information below to meet the needs of the Pokémon. Yes, I placed a lot of information especially to make up for his vague past.)

*All unknown information may be revealed with a certain action as the roleplay progresses.

Pokémon Character:
Pokémon Species:
Froakie
Type: [type]Water[/type]
Name: His name is currently unknown for now, as no one except for him knows his real name.
Age: He appears to look roughly 10 Months old, as his age is also currently unknown for the time being.
Level: He is currently level 18.
Appearance: Aside from looking like your normal, everyday Froakie, he has white cloth bandages snugly wrapped around his left arm, right foot, and part of his upper chest.
Personality: He tends to be rather timid when it comes to social interactions, as he has a hard time communicating with others. He can be a crybaby at times, as he has a huge phobia of the Pokémon Center due to his disliking of medicines.
Backstory: Most of his past remains unknown, though the recent events are somewhat vague. (See below for more information.)
Moves Known:
He currently knows Pound, Growl, Water Pulse, and Protect.
Other: He wears a light blue scarf around his neck, as it has his name embroidered on the inside.
-------------------------------------------------
Past Documents: (*Important, must read!)

Case File: Project Fro-007
Case ID: 39D7-0I8L-F27B
Case Date: 11 February 2017
Description: A frog-like creature was found within the premises of a nearby underground lab. The subject was revealed to be unconscious and severely injured at the time. The subject appeared to have undergone a gruesome experiment that caused some genetic mutations and drastic changes.
Verdict: Suspect has been sentenced after admitting to subjecting the victim to a horrifying experiment.
[Px]
Dr. Cassida
Lumiose City, Kalos
PG #: 3869-0175-8324
DOC ID: 72BV-98A0-1K94

Name: [REDACTED]
Pokémon Species: Froakie
Height: 29.21 cm / 11.5"
Weight: 3.31 kg / 7.3 lbs
Condition: Unknown.
Other Notes: Patient stated that he should be a lot taller and looking more like a human. Patient also stated that he speaks in a funny way and has eyes that are rather big.
Perscribed Medications: N/A (Patient requested to have no additional medication after being treated for his injuries.)
Signature: Dr. Rori Cassida

Well, I'm not sure if this counts as one person or not since he is only a Pokémon here.

(I should also say that the documents are his backstory and more information on him.)

Name: Sam Crane
Appearance: Sam has landed hair that falls in his face and blue eyes. He wears a black tie and a white t-shirt. He has black jeans and black sneakers. Along his belt he has his pokeballs. He has a satchel that holds gear and has a backwards baseball cap on his head.
Personality: Sam is adventurous. He loves to take risks and explore new places. He is loyal and works hard to get a job done. He has leadership qualities.
Backstory: Sam's father was an explorer, who loved to travel. Sam spent his younger years traveling with him. Then after a few years they settled down in Lumiose City. Sam's mother's current location is unknown, due to the fact she left when he was young. On day when Sam and his father we exploring, Sam fell into a river. he was rescued by a Buizel, and the two became good friends. Sam caught him, and together they started their journey.

Pokemon: Buizel
Nickname: Shawn
Level: 17
Moveset: Aqua Jet, Sonic Boom, Quick Attack, Water Gun

Last edited:
Name: Marina
Appearance: Wears a green shirt, beige pants, a brown sash, sleeves and boots. She has a green backpack to carry supplies.
Personality: Lazy, smart, hates rude people, quiet, easily stressed
Backstory: Marina moved here from Johto for multiple reasons, including her father's work, a sibling's medical problems, and a need for a bigger house. Her parents gave her a pokemon to help make new friends, but kept her from exploring until they knew she was ready to leave.

Pokemon: Chespin
Nickname: Wylde
Level: 8
Moveset: Growl, Vine Whip, Spikes

Ah, alright. I thought by "replace the Gym Leaders," you meant "take their place as your own Gym Leader character". I cri.

I'll get to work on my OC soon, but I have a quick question before I do so: is there a limit to how many Pokémon we can have?

EDIT: Yeah, I have two. Tell me if I should only have one.

Last edited:
There's more to this form than what is asked for because I already made her one. I've added more to it, though.

Name:
Ambrosia Kalis
Hometown: Vermillion City, Kanto region
Height: 5'
Weight: 139 lbs.
Hair: shiny, red, ends in the middle of her upper back, pokes out in all directions (On rare occasions, she'll put it up in a messy bun.)
Eyes: olive green
Clothing: unbuttoned, blue and black, long-sleeve flannel shirt that exposes her plain white undershirt/tank top, dark grey (not black) jeggings, black lace-up boots
Identifying Marks: None, if you don't include her Christmas-esque colors.
Musculature: She's fairly chubby, but not overweight.
Personality: Ambrosia is a fearless young woman, always one to take on a challenge. She never gets to go too far, though, since her Pokemon partners always stop her in some way, not wanting her to make a fool of herself or get hurt. Always insisting to do things herself, she secretly loves the fact that her Pokemon care, be it for her or their own well-being.
Skills: Not much that she can remember. Her short-term memory loss, in its worst form, makes her forget even the easiest things.
Past: As a very young child at the age of 3, Ambrosia began to forget more and more things mere seconds after hearing them. Her parents decided that she would be unfit to leave home on her own, or maybe even at all, but, now at the age of 17, since she begged, they gave her a partner Pokemon, to not only help her through everyday life, but if she acted oddly to anyone, it would explain the problem to them in the form of writing. Ambrosia decided to name him Orion. Orion the Sableye. The duo and their family moved to Kalos in order to start a new life.
Family: Palmer (father), Cora (mother)
Love Relationships?:
None that she can remember. Usually, her memory loss gets the best of her, making it difficult to do much of anything, let alone find someone to have a relationship with.

Pokémon:
Species:
Sableye (a gift from her parents to help with her memory loss, rarely used for battle)
Nickname: Orion
Level: 14
Ability: Keen Eye
Special Features: his ability to write, even if his handwriting is chicken-scratch (He carries a small notebook and pen with him wherever he goes.)

Species: Klefki (caught during her journey)
Nickname: Verity
Level: 17
Ability: Magician

Just tell me if there's anything I should change, alright?

Last edited:
(May I join?)

Name: Kairo
Appearance: He wears a purple shirt similar to Ash's in the Kalos region, he has blonde hair, blue pants, and has a hat on. (Origins of it is in Backstory.)
Personality: When the situation gets rough, Kairo toughens up and gets serious. He can be quite clumsy at times, loves to battle, and is someone who doesn't give up THAT easily.
Backstory: When he was 4, he was chased by a wild Salamence because it was angry, because Kairo took some of it's berries. The Salamence hit Kairo with a Scratch, which left a scar on Kairo's head. He has never put off his hat, because he was simply scared to show it to people. He was motivated to become a Pokemon Trainer when his father left on a journey. Then, when he left home to become the best (Like no one ever was), he picked Bulbasaur as his starter. He then traveled to Kalos for his journey to actually start.

Pokemon: Bulbasaur
Nickname: None
Level (Between 1 and 25): 10
Moveset: Vine Whip, Leech Seed, Tackle, Razor Leaf.

I'm actually going to change my character's age and backstory a bit, so she seems like more of a newbie, if you don't mind. Whether I'll go back and change my RP posts, though, I'm not entirely sure. I probably should, though, but I doubt anyone's going to care. xD

I just have one more question before I get my next post up: Is the Lumiose Gym still being run by Clembot, or did Clemont already take it back? Or is this RP more like the games than the anime?