• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A Pokemon Mystery Dungeon RP - Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Whoo! First post! Cake? Yay! Is it chocolate?)

Two sets of paws slapped across the leafy undergrowth of the forest just behind the plateau. One pair of the paws was fast and hearty, as if the owner couldn

"We can't stop here, this is Seviper country."

Groan.

This was an unusual day, no doubt about that. Fire-newts and mud-puppies frolicking in forests. Shiny Zangeese. Shiny Zangeese in Seviper turf. Any sort of Zangeese in Seviper turf that happened to be lacking an urge to beat up said Sevipers. Yep, definitely unusual. Under those circumstances, you could hardly consider an exhausted-looking Breloom an oddity, even if he had a red-orange band tied around the middle of his tail. Oh, and there was a Murkrow sitting on his head and making terrible pop culture references. But, y'know, definitely not an oddity.

The Murkrow's wit was very much lost on her Breloom transport. Marchen was, by nature, a very responsible and patient individual. He had to be, in order to put up with his avian companion for so long. Even so, he had his limits, and sleep deprivation had a way of fraying tempers. "I've been hopping all night, Malady. Any more and my legs will give out, Sevipers or no. I can assure you, kangaroo-hopping over this kind of terrain in the dark is no picnic, especially with five pounds of dead weight on my head."

Malady puffed up her feathers indignantly. "You're such a whiner, Marchen. We could be taking a nice nap in the shady forest right now. We wouldn't have to bother with this cliffy-plateau-high-place-get-our-bearings nonsense if I could just fly. I wouldn't be stuck hitching a ride with you if a certain barbaric oaf hadn't gone and shattered my fragile wing, you know, and if you decide to plop your lazy carcass down in the middle of Seviperville, then the term 'dead weight' will be quite prophetic. I image they'd see me as a lovely appetizer before they snarfed your down. Boiled crow on a bed a of sauteed mushrooms! How does that sound to you, hm?"

At the moment, Marchen was not entirely opposed to the concept of boiled crow. If Malady were served up for lunch, he'd at least get to start sleeping at night again. Despite how long the Breloom and Murkrow had been traveling together, they hadn't been able to successfully mesh their nocturnal and diurnal natures. Marchen carried Malady everywhere, thus it would have made perfect sense to travel by day. She could sleep while he walked and keep watch at night. But no, Malady was a delicate flower who could not sleep while perched on a noisy, smelly fungus-roo and he jostled too much and wasn't it his fault she couldn't just fly on her own, anyways? Of course, that meant Marchen got to dabble in a dark-type's sleep schedule instead. He did, occasionally, catch a break, mind; Malady was no slave-driver, and sometimes even her loudest caws couldn't awaken a tired Breloom. That certainly wasn't due to a lack of effort, though, which was all the more reason why seeing Malady eaten by Sevipers wouldn't be a total tragedy.

"It's still early, and Sevipers are cold-blooded. It's probably not warm enough for them to be very active yet. We'll find someplace sheltered, alright? If you see a Seviper coming, then hide behind me and it'll bite me instead. I certainly wouldn't mind a dose of Seviper venom right about now." Marchen opened his mouth to further enlighten Malady on the advantages of being poisoned, but his little cloven feet were having very little luck with all the loose shale; his feet slid out from beneath him, sending him faceplanting to the ground. Malady tumbled off his mushroom cap with a strangled little yelp, her pratfall no less awkward than Marchen's. She was up in a flash and about to peck Marchen into oblivion for his careless, but he slammed one hand down on the small crow's, pushing her back down and silencing her in one smooth move.

"Sssh! Malady, look up there." Marchen whispered urgently, nodding his head upwards. Sure enough, there was something up on the plateau above. The angle prevented them from seeing much more than a blue something, a white something, and a pointed black something. While the first two somethings were unidentifiable, there was no doubt in Marchen's mind that they'd glimpsed the top of a Seviper's head. He lifted his hand from Malady's beak, and the two of them carried out a hushed conversation, sprawled amidst the shale and praying that the Seviper was too preoccupied with his blue-and-white something to look down.

"We don't know if there's more than one of them."
"Or what that other thing is."
"But there's two of us."
"I'm exhausted, you're injured."
"We aren't high enough to get our bearings."
"Is it worth a fight?"
"Are you chickening out?"
"I'm saying we have to be smart about how we beat them up. Like I was saying, it's probably too cold out for them to be very active. There isn't a lot of shade up here, though, and rock heats up fast, so we can't count on them being dozy."
"Ambush, then?"
"How do you propose we do that? They have the higher ground."
"Well... we'll sneak up on them."
"By hopping through the loose, sliding rocks. Of course."
"Gee, it's too bad neither of us could fly, isn't it?"

Even a desperate idea is better than no idea at all. In the end, the two crept upward as stealthily as they could. Malady lead the way, her light body and quick feet allowing her to hop forward without much trouble. Marchen, on the other hand, was having very little luck dragging himself up through the shale without sounding like a Dunspace with a toothache. The only real chance the two had of springing a surprise attack was if they happened to be creeping up on a deaf Seviper. But... you know, stranger things have happened, right?

Amidst the curious occurrences that seemed to litter the ground, high above the sky, a lone figure flew. It slowly beat its wings as it made reasonable time towards its destination, somewhere amidst the brilliantly glowing horizon. The sun glinted across its wings with every flap, the light bouncing towards the trees, illuminating the darker recesses of the forest.But despite possessing such keen eyes, the Pokemon could not peek deep into the canopy to find a hint of life, despite the fact that there was indeed more activity then it seemed.Besides, it was early in the morning, and the silver Pokemon, having woken from its slumber at a time far earlier than he wold normally prefer, was in no mood for a strenuous and grand adventure in a dangerous place as this.

With his goals set on his destination, he looked back towards the horizon, squinting slightly as the Sun rose to form a complete and impressively bright circle, rising slowly into the sky at a rate far more relaxed than his. He began to quietly take in this remarkable view, and suddenly became irritated as the rays of hot radiation shined upon his steel body. It was a cold morning, at least until the Sun came up, and from what he thought, it was quite peaceful. He had such a relaxing flight from the take off up to the sun rising towards him. The day was going to be unspeakably hot. He, as a creature who positively abhorred all hot objects, could tell this day was going to be a somewhat irritating one.

It was at this point that he decided to look down again, far below him and see the lush green canopy that covered the ground in a sea of green, the few small and nearly lifeless strips of land resembled islands, and the Pokemon began to imagine of a wonderful ocean breeze carrying him across a small group of beautiful islands, abundant with the sweet and spicy fruits that he loved, and perhaps some exotic fish to dine on in the evening.

Mori blinked at this sudden turn of thought. How odd it was that a Skarmory such as himself would dare dream about such extravagant grandeurs, let alone associate such a dangerous territory as Seviper country to it. It wasn't like him at all, and although past acquaintances have told him he had his fair share of quirks, this had to be the oddest one.Skarmory weren't inclined to dream about better pastures, although given their place of birth, they have pretty much accepted anything and everything to be better. But then they never really spent that much time admiring the lifestyles of other Pokemon. For a Skarmory, all that truly mattered was what it was going to do next in order to survive.

Growing up under such harsh pretenses would perhaps trample the very desire to do something different, or perhaps, spur that desire even more. In Mori's case, it would seem to be the latter. If not for that desire to possess a better lifestyle, he probably wouldn't be soaring overhead, dreaming of a peaceful place to roost for more than just a few days.And if it weren't for those ambitions of grandeur, Mori wouldn't have flown directly over Seviper Country, nor notice what he was about to notice down below.

The silver Pokemon swung his head around to try and shake the sweat off his face, all the while trying to keep that vivid vision of peace and relaxation somewhere in the back of his head. Suddenly, he noticed something several meters away to the right of his head. Mori blinked again in hopes of making sense of what was going on. Far below him, on top of a small plateau there seemed to be some sort of commotion. He guessed that some Seviper finally found a snack to begin the day, or a scuffle.

Unfotunately, it seemed to be the latter. But what struck him as being odd was that this was a highly unusual scuffle. Clear as day, a Zangoose of some kind seemed to be atop that plateau and Mori could only make out that it did not seem to show any movements of fighting. Further more, it looked to be blue. It certainly wasn't a trick of the light; this Zangoose was unequivocally, unabashedly and unusually blue.

Mori's constant journeying has led him to believe in a fair number of philosophies. But the one law that he could think of to respond to such a strange sighting as this was that the Unusual was Fate's way saying 'Hi'. Fate was an odd thing, but amidst its infinite twists and turns, there were bound to be rewards hidden somewhere. For this Skarmory, Fate has provided him with a decent number of rewards in his travels. Eager to add another to his trove of experiences and stories, Mori decided to dive down towards the trouble.

The cool air forcing itself against his face was nice, but the Pokemon's concern was that what should it do now that it had answered Fate's call. Mori spread his wings slightly to slow down his dive, in hopes of fingding the time to think of something remotely normal to say to what was obviously going to be a rather violent feud.

As the Seviper and Zangoose drew closer, Mori quietly thought to himself. And no sooner had he organized his mind did he find himself flapping his wings in fornt of the two creatures. For a moment, he was quiet. His mind arching forward and crashing headlong into the inside of his skull. After picking itself up and taking the time ti straighten its hair, it passed a message down to Mori, and he blurted it out after what seemed like an eternity of awkwardness.

"Um, hello," he said with yet another awkward pause.

"I...I was wondering...if...perhaps...you could direct me towards a stream of some sort."

A stream, yes, Pokemon love streams, those things are chock-full of nutrients and goodness, or were those berries? Wait, why does one go to a stream?

"Um, yes, I'm terribly thirsty, and was wondering if you could be so kind as to direct me towards one?"

At that moment, all hope of maintaining normality had fled towards whatever stream it was Mori wished to go to. He was left behind in an awkward situation, flapping his wings trying to maintain what looked horribly like a graceful flight of some sort. In an attempt to shake it off, the silver Pokemon forced the slightest of leers at the Seviper. What reply he would receive he would find out soon.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Trufflefox said:
Before posting in this topic, I want you to PM your potential-post to me, desu, so I can see if you know WTF you

Status
Not open for further replies.