• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

A reminder about our Global Rules, and a note regarding requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
The first part of this announcement was cross-posted to Creative Discussion as similar problems appear there. There is more to this announcement afterwards, be sure to read that rather than gloss it over, please.

Lately we've noticed threads in this board featuring incredibly short, one or two word posts that have very little value to the discussion - posts that fall under the definition of SPAM as defined by our Global Rules of the Pokécharms Forums.

Now, we realize that many of you are using mobile devices to browse Pokécharms and are used to writing short messages on more immediate, conversational forms of communication like chat rooms and social networks. But forums are not an immediate form of communication - and generally, a good rule of thumb is to post when you actually have anything productive or meaningful to the discussion, and to refrain from doing so when you don't. We don't expect novel length replies/posts, but one/two word posts don't really add much to a discussion, clutter up the boards and are generally irritating. We don't like SPAM. (In the immortal words of Monty Python, "Shut up! Bloody vikings.")

"So wait. If I want to acknowledge something that happened in a thread but don't have much to say about it, how do I respond without artificially padding my post?", I hear you ask. Well, that is one of the reasons we have the option to like posts. Do that instead. Of course, if you have more to elaborate rather than just "I like this" or "Ok, cool, got the message", you're free to post - but keep the rules in mind as you do.

~*~

Everyone got that? Good. That's one thing.

As for the other thing - we'd like to remind you that the same rules that govern the Creative Corner regarding artwork and written work - and specifically about copying and editing - apply to the request board as well. That is to say - even by request, you cannot post other people's works, as they are or modified, or works created with any form of generator.

Sprite edit requests may use sprites and models from the official Pokemon games (or components thereof) alongside things that you have created from scratch, but you are NOT allowed to edit and recolor custom sprites made by other people. This includes all X/Y/OR/AS/Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon custom sprites that may be out there - you may use the models from the games, but not sprites made by Smogon's user community for example.

The exception are works created using free bases made specifically by their creators for the purposes of editing - and if you use those, you need to link to the base as originally posted by its creator in order to give proper credit AND supply proof that the base is free to use and edit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.