• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join A Time of Kalos Chaos (RP)

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
OOC: Hey everyone! This is my first role play, so I may be a little bit bad at this. Anyways, in order to join this role play, you must go to this thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/a-time-of-kalos-chaos.19911/. Please go there, read the rules, and sign up using a form.

Now, on to the role play!

Back in Character:
Isabella Jan woke up to the loud ring of her Starly alarm clock. It was 7:00 in the morning, and a normal time for Isabella to wake up. She yawned and yelled at the alarm clock, "TOO LOUD!" and quickly got out of bed. She went downstairs to eat her breakfast of strawberry crepes. Her aunt said while cooking, "Good morning, Isabella! I'm cooking some crepes!''. Isabella replied, in a little bit tired voice, "Ooh.. crepes.. I love them... my mother made them a lot of times."

But that had really gone to her heart. Her mother and father disappeared without warning, and Isabella was depressed even to this day. She went to the bathroom to take a quick shower, and then she brushed her hair. Then breakfast was ready, and she ate some crepes. "Yummy!" Isabella said, joyfully but still in a tired voice. She got ready and changed her clothes to her regular/everyday outfit, and she set off to the professor's office in nearby Lumiose City. When she arrived at the city, she went inside the professor's building in the waiting room. It would take a little bit until Isabella could choose her starter.

Last edited:
“Tanner!”

“Yeah, dad?” Tanner yelled back to his father as he reluctantly started getting ready to go outside. “Breakfast’s ready!” came his father’s loud voice from downstairs. “Alright, I’m coming!”

After getting changed, Tanner walked hurriedly down the stairs, almost slipping because he was wearing socks. The young boy’s Illumuoa hovered silently next to his feet, the light inside its bell shining dimly.

When he got to the dining room, the table had a large energy bar and a glass of milk, with his father sitting across the table, reading the newspaper. Tanner downed the glass of milk before grabbing the energy bar and walking toward the door. “Say hello to the Professor!” His father smiled. Tanner gave a sort of two-fingered salute as he walked out the door.

Walking out into the streets of Lumiose city made him feel happy. It was a tranquil and calm city, with very little criminal activity. The Illumuoa that was now in his backpack tapped his trainer’s shoulder. “Hm? What is it, buddy?” The jellyfish Pokémon extended one of his tentacles toward the direction they were walking. “Oh, we’re going to see the Professor. There’s other Pokémon there, too!” This seemed to calm down the Illumuoa as it made a series of bubbling noises.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
The professor arrived from the lab waiting room. The three starter Pokemon were all picked from a handful, and he was ready to hand them all out. When he entered the waiting room, Isabella was currently the only person there. The professor noticed Isabella and said, "Oh, hey there! Are you Isabella Jan?"

She replied, "Yes, I am."

"Okay then," Professor Sycamore replied, "Follow me." Isabella followed the professor to the starter Pokemon area. There were 3 Pokemon, all being Fennekin, Froakie, and Chespin respectively. Those were the 3 starter Pokemon of Kalos you could start with. "Oh, here's a Pokedex. A Kalos version updated with all Kalos Pokemon. You can use this to see what starter Pokemon you wanna get!" the professor said, handing a Kalos Pokedex.

After she checked the info on each starter Pokemon, she decided to choose Fennekin since to her, the fiery fox was the cutest. Professor Sycamore thought that was a great choice, and after she had left, Isabella got 6 starter Poke Balls. She then sat on a bench, brushing the Fennekin's hair and putting a white and pink bow on the top of her Fennekin. Then, Isabella put the little fox Pokemon into its Poke Ball.

Isabella then headed to the first Route, but walked there looking at all the city buildings. She saw a boy with this unusual jellyfish pokemon, but she just walked past him.

Tanner stretched and yawned as he stepped into the Pokemon lab. He immediately saw Professor Sycamore and smiled. "Hey, professor!" he smiled as he walked over to him. "Oh, hello Tanner," he smiled as he shook the boy's hand. Tanner glanced down to the table which had not three, but two Pokeballs on it. "I guess someone chose their starter," He smiled as Illumuoa looked down at the Pokeballs in curiosity. "Mm, yes. I believe her name was Isabella Jan."

Professor Sycamore handed Tanner a Kalos Pokedex on his way out of the office. "Heading out to Route 1, see ya!" The young boy said in his cheery tone. "Muu...shoa." The jellyfish Pokemon in his backpack responded, as he set out for Route 1. He wondered if the girl who passed him before was this "Isabella."

After reaching Route 1, he strolled down the long, straight path. "Shoooaaa..." Illumuoa looked at the Flechlings flying overhead.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Isabella, at Route 1, didn’t go on the path, since she wanted to avoid long conversation with people plus she was very shy. Fletching were flying in the air, the sun was shining, it sure was most likely a great day to start. Isabella let out Fennekin out of its Poke Ball. She continued to walk towards Route 2, and apparently saw a person in a mysterious galaxy-like outfit. She tried to avoid them, and well, did. But there were more coming up, and Isabella was skeptical and sort of scared of them, so she hid in a bush for now.

Tanner made his way onto Route 2 with Illamuoa. Immediately upon stepping into the area, he saw a group of people in galaxy-like outfits. Tanner had heard rumors around Lumiose city about a team named Team Galaxy, and he presumed these people to be them. Although Illamuoa had little experience in combat, he did know a couple moves. Tanner glanced over his shoulder at the jellyfish Pokémon as a signal to prepare for a battle.

Bailey and his Froakie sat on a branch. It was odd since it was weak but it held both their weights. It was unnatural. Anyway, he watched people walk by. Froakie was sad. "I know you miss your father, Froakie. It'll be alright." Froakie (nicknamed: Rage) hugged his trainer tightly. "Fro Fro..." He sighed and patted his back. "We'll be okay..."

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Isabella saw the Team Galaxy people form a blockade, so she put her Fennekin in front of her.
“Fenne, fen, fen?” (What’s going on?)

“Don’t be scared.. it’s just..- “ until a Team Galaxy Grunt’s pokemon, a Fletchling, appeared. It had a scar on it’s forehead, and it attacked the Fennekin with a Peck from the air. Fennekin was scared but almost dodged the attack. The Fletchling hit the tail and Fennekin ran away from the bush. Only to be seen by another grunt. “Shoot. That’s great.”

“Haha, nice job Fletchling! Now proceed with a Tackle! And Pancham, search for more idiot trainers around the area!”

Pancham spotted a boy with a Illaumuoa and stared at the jellyfish-like Pokemon and jumped in the air and charged at it.

“Hey you! Don’t touch my Fennekin, you piece of tree! Fennekin, Ember!” The Fox Pokemon swiftly ran around, confusing the Fletching. Then it jumped up and used the fire move. It hit the Fletchling, but barely. The hit didn’t do damage, but it did burn the Fletchling.

“Illumuoa, Water Gun!” The Jellyfish Pokémon shot a stream of water at the Pancham, pushing it back while also doing a little damage. The glowing orb inside the Water/Electric type’s head seemed to glow fiercely and angrily at the opposing Pokémon. “Shoa...Illu-shoa!”

Tanner than spotted a girl with a Fennekin, who he presumed to be Isabella, fighting a team galaxy member’s Fletchling. He decided he would talk to her after the battle was done.

Bailey heard commands. He saw Team Galaxy. "Them?" He hopped out his tree. "Rage, let's stop them." They ran up behind them. "Yo! Leave the girl and her Fennekin alone!" He demanded. Rage yelled at the Fennekin to start running. "Froakie, let's show them your strength." Both of their eyes glowed red at the same time. "Ice Beam!" Yelled Bailey. Froakie leapt up and shot a cyan beam at all the pokemon. The beam froze the trainers and their pokemon in place. Rage landed next to Bailey. "Come on, let's help her out." He picked up the water frog and ran to Isabella. "Come on. We don't have much time." He saw Tanner. "Come on. You too." The boy said. His voice was quiet and calm, although the circumstances.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Pancham and Fletchling got hit by their respective attacks, but then another grunt appeared with a Zubat and used Tackle on the Froakie after it appeared out of the shadow.

Isabella noticed two other boys also attacking, once even stood up for her. She remembered one of them when she was walking way from Lumiose City. She wondered why they’ve seen each other often.

“Oh, more kids to make fun of. Oh Golly Gee, this’ll be fun. Pancham and Fletchling, double attack with Tackle at that Jellyfish thing, I don’t even know what that thing is!”

“Tail Whip, now!” Isabella said. The Fennekin wagged its tail at the opponents, distracting them a little bit and lowering the chance to dodge attacks.

Rage growled angrily. "Rage, Water Pulse." Rage leapt up, charged a blue orb, and flung it at Team Galaxy. A giant dust cloud rose. "Alright time to go." Bailey pushed both trainers and their pokemon down the cliff below. Thankfully, there were flowers to spare below them. "Alright. We're safe now."

Illumuoa cowered a bit in fear at the two Pokémon attacking him from both sides, but stood his ground. “Illumuoa, Flail!” The Jellyfish Pokémon thrashed both of its large tentacles on the two opposing Pokémon in an attempt to damage them. Tanner watched his partner’s movements as the orb inside his bell shone even brighter than it already was, causing the watery bell to look somewhat electrified.

"Yes. Quite the day, today..." She said, looking around the city. They had gone left and right, before coming upon a lab. The had entered it, seeing a professor. "Hello, Molly. Long time no see?" The Professor said, smiling. "Yes, Augustine. Long time no see. Your giving away Pokemon, correct?" She said, turning her head. The professor simply nodded, holding a Pokeball. "This is Chespin." he said. "We do have a Special Robotic Pokemon however, if your more of a Grass style." They explained. Molly shook her head, before replying. "Both are grass anyway. I want the Robotic one." She said quietly. The professor nodded, picking up a heavy ball. "You sure?" They said, almost giving the ball. Molly nodded again, before grabbing it. "Two others came to pick up Pokemon, too. Somebody named Isabelle and another named Tanner. Maybe you'll meet them." Augustine said, smiling again. They handed over a Pokedex. "Bye! Hopefully I can see you soon." He hopefully said, as Molly left with a wave. They headed toward a random route, with the number 2 sign greeting her. Quickly seeing the latter of three Pokemon and their trainers, She panicked. Her new Pokemon, a Sprinus, came out running toward the others. "Ermm...X-scissor!" She yelled. The Pokemon did as told, attacking a odd looking bird. "Leave the furry fox ALONE!" She said, blushing a bit. The crowd was large enough, making her slightly embarrassed.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Isabella was confused. An abundance of trainers gathered around her, and she wasn’t used to this at ALL. She was very shy and tried to ignore them. For a few seconds she felt a push, but she didn’t superly take any care of it.

Meanwhile, a helicopter appeared and landed nearby. A person looking a little different with a green cap and hair came out, asking the grunts to relocate to near the base. Some intruders were attacking the area.

The grunts left without a voice, sending back their Pokémon back to their respective Poké Balls.
Isabella felt relieved that they were gone, but there were many trainers there, so she decided to just ran by, saying, “Thanks... I guess.” She headed down the path and disappeared out of the trainers’ view.

Bailey rose from the flowers and looked at Rage. "What happened? Seriously what!!" He picked up Rage and returned him to his pokeball. He climbed up the cliff. He watched an Ambulance drive by.

"Are you guys okay?" He asked the two females who were with him. He quickly stared at the pokemon the newcomer had. "Science experiment..." He glared at the pokemon a bit before sighing softly.

Tanner sighed and put two fingers on the bridge of his nose. Illumuoa hovered over to the strange robotic Pokemon and cocked his bell to one side in curiosity. "Yeah, you guys alright?" He asked the multitude of trainers. Sure, he was social, but he wasn't used to this much company. "Illu...Shoa?" Illumuoa looked at the multiple trainer's Pokemon as the orb inside his bell glowed brightly, a signal that he was happy.

Within the crowds of people watching there was Prescott, standing silently and observing the young trainers in their situation. He would've helped them in the battle, but why do that when he can just observe and learn what their battling techniques are. He was still stood amongst the various types of people, however he did stand out as much as an Ursaring in Snowbelle city. His white hair, blue cape over one arm, white shirt, blue tie and light blue trousers. Every shade of blue perfectly matching his sky blue eyes.

He continued to watch until the battle was over, and he just nodded to himself and turned around, walking away from the crowds of people. As much as he didn't mind other beings, he didn't want them constantly rubbing against him to get a good view of a fight which wasn't even that spectacular. He would rather be by himself with his Pokemon, or indoors writing novels of his journeys with a nice mug of tea.

She stood there in silence, looking at the two. The robot she had looked at the jellyfish with curiosity. "W-well I'm fine..." She said, slowly picking up a book. "Spri." The robot said. It's hand stretched over, slapping the book out of her hands. "Wha-?" she said, looking at the Pokemon. "...Well if I can't read..." She said, sighing. "I can just introduce myself..." She finished. "Molly...Young scientist." She said. "And that robot over there is what you call a 'Sprinus'." She explained, pointing at it. She took out a Pokedex, and scanned the Sprinus.
"Sprinus: They Robotic Spring Pokemon.
A Sprinus is a robotic Pokemon made by Scientist In Kalos.
They're Transported to Professors around the world,
and have many features.
Some have immunity to electricity, others can copy Pokemon features,
while some others can double the power of weak moves."
After the Pokedex finished its explanation, she put it back in her purse. She then started to get a wrench and turn a few bolts on a machine that looked alot like a Rattata. She didn't say anything while doing this.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
TEAM GALAXY BASE
SOMETIME IN THE MORNING

“Welp. Thank goodness we didn’t get beat by those little things.” The other grunt whispered to the other one. “We woulda beat them, I mean, we could have just sent out even more Pokémon.” the other grunt replied.

The fast, modern helicopter arrived at the base. There were no guards on duty, but there would be soon as the grunts would become the guards for now.

The attack on Team Galaxy was a failure, and nobody knows anything about it. Except, well, Team Galaxy. The Galaxy Boss was currently on the line with Maxie, the leader of Team Flare. The call was over, and it was about the energy destruction plan. It was now to be done currently in the day, probably now.

ROUTE 2
SOMETIME IN THE MORNING

Isabella was preparing for the first gym battle after what she called an ‘embarrassment’ as she said it, so she had to get another Pokémon. Isabella also wanted to train her Fennekin. She used a tree as a Pokémon Decoy, and allowed Fennekin to do moves on the tree. She watched as Fennekin did her training.

Meanwhile, an Eevee appeared right next to her. It jumped on Isabella many times. Isabella finally noticed it when Fennekin looked at it as the fierce Eevee went towards Fennekin. It hit Fennekin.

“Oh, Fennekin, use Ember!”

Fennekin spurt out a bit of fire, at the Eevee and got the hit to it. Isabella took out a Poke Ball, throwing it at the Eevee.

“Yay, I got it! But seriously, why so quick? I guess the Eevee wanted to be part of our team.” Isabella said, a little confused though.

She ventured on, but back on the main path that trainers take.

“Mm, I see...” Tanner nodded as Illumuoa shyed away from the robotic Pokémon and hid behind his trainer’s leg. “And that little scaredy-cat is Illumuoa,” the boy laughed as he gestured toward the jellyfish Pokémon, with the Water/Electric type scowling at him in response.

“Sorry, but I suppose I’ll be off now,” Tanner said as Illumuoa followed him. He was in search of More Pokémon to add to his team. After all, a Water/Electric type won’t get you so far in the long run. He walked through some grass until he came across a Zigzagoon. The Pokémon growled as Illumuoa drew closer to it.

“Illumuoa, Water Gun!”

A stream of water was shot at the Pokémon, leaving it heavily wounded. Tanner threw a Pokéball at it, and after three shakes, the ball glowed, signifying that the Pokémon was caught. Tanner smiled as Illumuoa seemed to crackle with electrical energy emitted from the light in its bell. It had learned a new move: Spark.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Isabella was on a bench on the trail reading a book, as she already missed reading it. As everything was over and dealt with; she could hopefully take a little break. She drank a Piplup Pop Soda.

Fennekin and Eevee were playing nearby; out of their poke balls. They were chasing each other and play-fighted. Isabella fetched them some berries. However, an unpredicted rainstorm was coming.

Isabella realized that and said quite promptly and alertly, “Eevee, Fennekin, back in to your Poke Balls! It’s freakin’ raining!” As the Pokémon got into the balls, she took out an umbrella and walked a little bit slowly as she didn’t want to slip.

Unlike the other trainers, Ying decided to remain in the laboratory when several mysterious grunts were nearby earlier. The Nicaong looked up at the Professor, as he heard the man asking, “Are you two alright?”

“We’re fine, though there were some strange people outside earlier, so we decided to stay for a bit,” Ying stated while taking out a notebook and a pencil, as she began sketching a grunt with as many details on a blank page as she could.

“Nica Nica?” The Nicaong enquired after picking up on a sudden, loud squeak that came from a pile of crates.

“Oh, I think it must of been a bit scared since it just started raining. It was returned here by three other trainers and sadly one decided to abandon it after it kept being disobedient to them,” The Professor replied before a yellow, mouse-like Pokémon cowered behind the man’s legs.

“What’s with that Pokémon? It looks pretty scared, though I have to admit, the skirt thing looks pretty cute,” Ying responded while the little Pokémon shielded its teary eyes with its tiny hands for a brief moment.

“Oh, I believe it’s a Pichu... and it gets scared quite easily. It likes to dress with style, and it doesn’t really like anyone changing its dress so much,” The Professor answered before the Pichu tiptoed to the Nicaong.

“W- what’s with the mittens and the other stuff?” The Pichu enquired with the best young, feminine tone it could do before the Nicaong gulped.

“I- it’s for undercover things... I kinda opted for more of a little b- ba- baby to blend in a bit since my body can’t really g- grow as much. Why the pink tutu though?” The Nicaong replied in the language of Pokémon.

“I- I really don’t wanna t- talk about i- i- it...” The Pichu responded before almost dropping its kendama.

“O- okay then... b- but I mean, g- girls need to get their fashion, just look at my trainer,” The Nicaong hesitantly stated.

“R- right... g- go- gotta get those s- styles o- on... u- uhh... y- y- ye... yeah...” The Pichu faintly said while attempting to feign the best smile it could.

Joseph Pelleriaux's feet pounded against the now muddying road that diffused through Route 2, Tyler, his Buizel, bounding down the path next to him. The rain dashed against his clothing, instantly darkening the usually light colors, contrary to the simple way that it simply slid off of the sleek orange skin that Tyler possessed. Plenty of battles had already made the Pokemon a very nimble creature, thought Joseph was, well, less experienced. His heart was pounding in his chest, exhaustion forcing it to seemingly bleat against his ribcage like a dying mule. Sharp, eccentric breaths were being taken - with no particular pattern, as a dull pain slowly rose like an elevator through the boy's chest and up to the base of his next - a throbbing, almost lethargic suffering.

His black and dark red sneakers dug themselves into an unluckily placed divot positioned on the road that he had been sprinting on. He tripped, feeling the control over his actions leave his body, desperately grasping to get them back. Joseph would have never seen it, anyways, as the rain was coming down in such sheets that he could barely see three feet in front of him - let alone a small crevice dug out into an already admittedly rocky path.

It seemed to happen in slow motion - his right foot fell into the hole, as the left flew into the air, and Joseph barely was able to avert his gaze over to the East, as Tyler tilted his head somewhat towards the boy - before gaining a look of both surprise and an inflection of genuine worry.

"Oof!"

Joseph fell onto the cold, hard ground, going almost face first, albeit somewhat at an angle due to his effort of glancing towards his Buizel. The first impact that was instantly felt was the cheek, and due to the somewhat insubstantial nature of this muscularly, didn't gain much toil or trouble - however then his skull impacted into the ground, soft mud negating the effects somewhat, though still causing a great deal of suffering. A vibration seemed to reverberate through his mouth, before exiting, and a dull pain filled the head of the boy.

Joseph was exhausted even before he fell, and so this completely knocked out any further breath that may have been finding a sanctuary within his lungs - causing involuntary tears of airlessness to stream down his youthful face, back into the mud where it would congregate with the rest of the substance that resided there.

Tyler ran over towards him, with a worried, yet loyal: "Buiz, Buiz?" and nudged his side. Joseph flinched, looking around, and attempting to stand. The dull pain from running was now replaced by another, more blunt type of punishment, though he felt that it was still preferable to the ghastly hopelessness of the previous situation; when he prayed that finally some kind of shelter from the storm would appear. (And it clearly wasn't about to get any better.)

Sitting up, Joseph spat a mixture of mud and rainwater that had mixed into his mouth on the fall, before rubbing his cranium out of instinct and a hope that it would somehow quell the pain that he so strongly felt. Looking around, Joseph noticed a girl walking about with her Pokemon - likely around his age, if not a bit younger.

Well, here goes nothing...

"Hello?" Joseph called out. "Hello, do - do you know your way around here? I'm a bit lost, you see..." He called from his awkward position sitting on the ground, mud and dirt rubbing against his clothing like glue. Damn it! He thought, it would be such a hassle to just simply clean it - sure, he might of been intelligent, but practical living was still a bit of a challenge to the twelve year old boy who was so suddenly thrust into the world on his own.

Well, not like I needed her anyways. . .

Realizing it started raining, she quickly took cover under a tree with their Pokemon. A Doduo quickly ran under a nearby tree. She looked at it, then at a Pokeball in her bag. "Bingo." She thought, throwing it. The Doduo, caught of guard, ended up in it. CLICK. it went. "Simple. Maybe this one isn't that strong. I won't let THAT bring me down." she said, smiling. She certainly got something from this. She let it out, and it looked around. Then at the trainer. "Duo?" it softly said, turning it's two heads in confusion.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Isabella simply said to the person who asked her, turning back, and responded with “I guess... er... simply follow down this path..”

She then proceeded to go down the path. The rain had calmed a bit down but thunder could be heard in the distance. It was sort of a long day, and it was just around noon, but still, it was sort of rough. Isabella decided to just relax once she reached Santalune City.

(Name: Pico
My Pokémon Team Because I forget.

Age (10-12): 11
Personality: A nice guy in general, but sometimes a bit cocky. He is also a bit funny sometimes but I would not say that he is the funny type.
Appearance: He would normally wear a blue jacket , like the guy in Pokémon X and Y , A blue hat , A black pair of bottoms , Green eyes with a darkish tone and a black backpack .

Starting Pokemon (Fennekin, Froakie, Chespin, or any Fakemon in their first stage): Froakie ( Because I love water types but I would say froakie is my 2nd favourite starter and not my 1st who is Charmander.
Backstory*: May I pass on this because I believe he would just have a normal start to his life.
Height: 5"7
Other* (Anything else at all?): N/A)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Pico , A young Kalos citizen , was about to start something called a Pokémon journey. A Pokémon journey is a journey where you catch things , earn things and challenge things. Pico first of all, woke up, got ready and left the house , also saying his goodbyes. Walking towards the professors lab Pico started to think about what Pokémon he wanted to choose to begin his journey.
"Froakie , Fennekin or Chespin?" He asked himself.
He knocked on the door gently, a sudden creak happened before the door opened. It was from the house next to the lab. Finally, the door was opened and the professor gave him a choice.
"I want Froakie." Confidently said Pico.
He obtained his Froakie and he set off to start his journey.