• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

About EV's and Exp Share

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a doubt right now, does the Exp Share item give any EV to the pokemon wearing it? I thought it didn't but i'm not really sure.
And if it does, there's any way of leveling a pokemon so that it won't gain any EV? (aside of feeding rarecandies)

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
EXP Share does indeed transfer EVs to the wearer. So if you fight and defeat a Starly, you AND the pokeyman with EXP Share will get 1 Speed EV.

For your second question, no I don't believe there is. There are anti-vitamins, which come in the form of berries that reduce the amount of EVs a Pokemon's gained. But they don't level you up.

Also, this belongs in Pokemon Games Discussion.

And defeating a kingler would give 2 atk Ev to the pokemon who defeated it and 2 atk ev to the pokemon wearing exp share? (I mean, the EVs do not divide among pokemon when there are more than 1 of each stat, do they?)
I'm sorry, i didn't know where to post this exactly.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Exactly. Whatever the fighter gains, the other gains as well.

Ok, thank you a lot.

EDIT: Another question about EV's and leveling up: If you leave a pokemon at the daycare, when he levels up, is there any difference with leveling up by battling? They don't get EV's do they? And do stats get lowered or something like that?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Heh, well, no. If a Pokemon levels up through the daycare I don't believe they get any EVs... so there is a way to level up with no EVs other than Rare Candy then. Also, their stats don't get lowered.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Well then, I'll consider this discussion over and topic locked. Glad I could help. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.