• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

About the new TCM

It just sucks, takes waaay too long to load the pokémon and the trainer card itself.
I've never used this account because I didn't see a reason to, but that update just sucks too much for me not to complain about it on the forums.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Thank you for the feedback. We’re still in the early days of the new TCM and have a lot of improvements planned, including in the performance aspect.

Next time, however, please express your criticism in a constructive way - “it sucks” isn’t feedback we can use to make improvements. It’s just being rude to the creators of a service offered to the community for free. That kind of language doesn’t benefit anyone involved, and certainly won’t get you anywhere except the wrong end of a warning. Please take more care next time.

I'll just use this thread so I don't have to open up a new one.

So, you might already know this, but it seems like the modern-style cards have a little problem with displaying eggs. There are no nicknames displayed on the card and there, the egg is too big, whereas on the tab where you can edit the Pokémon you want on the card nothing gets displayed on the Pokéball image.

And I would be very grateful if you could add both versions of some Pokémon with gender differences - I haven't checked any other than Frillish, I must admit, but you can only choose images of the male version for it.

Other than that, it's running smooth for me and a reload easily fixes the long loading times if they occur, as with most programs ^^ I love the new cards!

And I also have a question: If I were to make an Anime-style version of some of the old characters for the legacy-style cards, would I need to ask for the original artists' permissions and who would I need to credit? (I was thinking about it, but I'm not sure I'll actually do it yet.)

Thanks in advance!
Finiela

Last edited:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'll just use this thread so I don't have to open up a new one.

So, you might already know this, but it seems like the modern-style cards have a little problem with displaying eggs. There are no nicknames displayed on the card and there, the egg is too big, whereas on the tab where you can edit the Pokémon you want on the card nothing gets displayed on the Pokéball image.

And I would be very grateful if you could add both versions of some Pokémon with gender differences - I haven't checked any other than Frillish, I must admit, but you can only choose images of the male version for it.

Other than that, it's running smooth for me and a reload easily fixes the long loading times if they occur, as with most programs ^^ I love the new cards!

And I also have a question: If I were to make an Anime-style version of some of the old characters for the legacy-style cards, would I need to ask for the original artists' permissions and who would I need to credit? (I was thinking about it, but I'm not sure I'll actually do it yet.)

Thanks in advance!
Finiela

There are a bunch of various issues we're aware of both in terms of bugs and just in general improving the usability of the TCM. We'll be constantly updating it from now on and addressing all of these as we can get to them. We just need to ask for a bit of patience with these as we have to juggle quite a lot across the entire website with very limited time.

In our post about the recent Content Update for the TCM we also addressed various outstanding features such as the Gender differences for certain Pokémon so don't worry, all of that is on the way too.

We'll also be continuing to work on optimising the server architecture and code for the TCM so can only apologise if anyone finds it to be slow to respond at certain times - it is, both fortunately and UNfortunately, very popular!

We're also working on fixing the attribution for a lot of the legacy assets and once this is done then in theory you could try asking their creators if you wanted to do something like that, yes. Though most of them were submitted pretty close to 10 years ago by this point, so I wouldn't necessarily count on being able to get a hold of some of them.