• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adrift Arts Academy [Discussion]

'Greetings, recipient of this letter! You may refer to me as Cobalt, the founder and leader of Sinnoh's Adrift Arts Academy. You know, the only Coordinator school in the world that takes place on our cruise ship known as the SS Hullheart.
But let's jump to the case! You receiving this letter mean's you've been accepted into our 20XX class! Don't worry about packing too much, our cruise is very lavish and will hopefully fit your needs. And no matter if you've no Pokémon or not, you're free to take part in our Partner Trial that gives you a random Pokémon for this year's semester. Whether you take it with you at the end of the year or not is 100% up to you!
We'll be docking in Canalave City on June 20th, so just when summer holidays are going to kick off for everybody. What's more fun than Coordinators honing their skills under a shining sun?
Anyways, we hope to see you there! Safe travels!
- Cobalt, Academy Founder'
1. All Pokecharms rules apply here. This means no teleporting, no oneshotting everything, no dodging everything, and especially no controlling characters that aren't yours without permission.
2. No NSFW or 18+ content.
3. Romance IS permitted, but please keep it light. A kiss here and there is okay, but don't push it... you know. PAST that.
4. Please keep OOC drama to a minimum. If you wanna start anything up in the roleplay but don't know if it'd be bad, give me a shout and tell me what you wanna try! I promise I'm not gonna bite.
5. While in character drama is alright, cursing is prohibited. Feel free to replace some things though, like 'son of a Swanna' or 'for Floatzel's sake'. See? Far easier on the ears.
6. We're just teens in this RP, so we can't be having any Legendaries or Mythicals. Even if approved by a mod, I'm afraid.
7. But shinies are a different deal! If you request a shiny roll for one of your characters, you have a chance of getting a glittering 'mon all to yourself.
8. Just have a good time! More rules can be added if needed.
Q: How does a shiny roll work?
A: Quite simple! Let's say you have a Squirtle, and want to have it shiny. You would have to give me a number, as well as 'Higher' or 'Lower'. Then, I'll roll a random number generator (max number 100) and let's say you went with 37, Lower. The results come back as a 22, meaning your Squirtle is now shiny! Fun! You can't just do instant win combinations though, such as 1 Higher and 100 Lower. If you do that, I get to pick the number and stuff.

Q: What's the deal with the Partner Trial?
A: The academy wants to give every aspiring Coordinator a chance to hone their skills. So if you opt in to the Partner Trial, I'll randomly generate a Pokémon and give it a shiny roll. Tada, one free Pokémon!

Q: And what if you roll an Aggron for that?
A: Easy fix! That Aggron will be whittled down to a little Aron. Same goes for Pokémon like Rhyperior, Masquerain and Emboar. In the case of Pokémon with baby forms (we'll use Pichu as an example), I'll naturally pick what's better in the line. Such as choosing Pikachu over Pichu or Budew over Roselia.
These are optional, but provided for a better learning experience.
Basic Performance Arts: The ABCs to getting up on a stage and knowing what to do there.
Advanced Performance Arts: Already got a Ribbon or two under your belt? Well, this course brushes into more difficult techniques to try.
Delectables Training: Poffins, Pokéblocks... you name 'em, this is the place to learn to bake 'em.
Delectables Advanced Course: How about decorating that stuff of yours to increase the effects? Highly recommended to take this alongside its basic course.
Seal Stylation: Can't get your Seals to work the way you want? Need not fear, this'll teach you how NOT to make your Pokémon appear in an embarrasing mishmash of stuff.
Seal Creation: Heck, why not make your OWN Seals?! It's rather difficult, but the judges love stuff like this!
Outfit Coordination: There's no advanced course here, as it's just what you'd expect. Learn how to make you and your partner look great AND in sync!
Recurring things you'll get to see on the cruise. Fun for everyone, hopefully!
Combo Displays: Nightly, in-RP time. Examples of what some Pokémon can do when performing together.
Mantine / Lapras Schools: Rarely. It's not every day you get to see these, so treasure the moment while you can!
Coordi-Cup: Weekly, in-RP time. A friendly competition to see how everyone is developing!
Bonding Class: Almost daily, in-RP time. Get to know your Torchic so it stops blasting you in the face with fire.
Crossing to the Totean Tide: Just once, rather late into the RP. It's rumoured a bask of Totodile, Croconaw and Feraligatr live here. Hence the name Totean!
Character Name:
Age (11-16):
Physical Appearance:
Clothing:
Home Region + City/Town:
Personality:
Any Pokémon?:
Participating in the Partner Trial?:
Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL):
Any Shiny Rolls?:
Other Information:
Character Name: Lunelle Cobalt
Orientation (OPTIONAL): Believes she's pan and asexual.
Physical Appearance: At a somewhat intimidating 6'3, Cobalt is quite physically eccentric. Her skin is tanned and fair, with electric blue contact lenses shielding her originally green ones. There's quite a lot of neon coloured tattoos scattered over her body, and her black hair has a lot of yellow streaks in. Apparently it's from soaking up Sinnoh's sun.
Clothing: Despite being flashy, her clothing taste is oddly tame. She sticks for a white polo shirt and yellow shorts, a pair of birch sandals aiding her movement where she goes. She also has an ID card around her neck so folk know who she is.
Home Region + City/Town: Heahea City, Alola
Personality: Cobalt is a living bundle of energy. No matter what she does, she prides herself on helping everyone have fun no matter what. It's a tiny bit difficult for her to understand boundaries, but always apologises profusely if she upsets somebody. Yet despite all this, she's a beloved academy supervisor and loves her job a lot.
Any Pokémon?: Yep! A Decidueye named Wisp and a Comfey named Saku.
Participating in the Partner Trial?: No
Any Courses Taken?: No, but she teaches a few.
Any Shiny Rolls?: No
Other Information: Has diagnosed ADHD, so can be a bit hard to deal with sometimes.
----
Character Name: Marina La Ridge
Age (11-16): 15
Gender: Female, typically uses she/they but is alright with she/her.
Orientation (OPTIONAL): Currently questioning.
Physical Appearance: Marina is very likely to blend into crowds. Her stature of 5'5 is somewhat a standout, but her pale skin and hazel eyes are enough to hide her again. She also has blonde, waist length hair as well that glistens rather elegantly in the sun.
Clothing: Marina's fashion sense is soft and reserved. She wears a sky blue cardigan over a white tank top, as well as a knee-length cyan skirt and similarly coloured shoes. There's also a celadon green pouch by her side.
Home Region + City/Town: Iccirus City, Unova
Personality: Long story short, Marina is a huge social outcast. She hates being involved in conversations, and will often attempt to hide away if pressured into anything. She's extremely timid and antisocial, as well as very easy to bring to tears. Not very easy to comfort, though.
Any Pokémon?: Yes. A Palpitoad called Moore.
Participating in the Partner Trial?: Yes.
Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL): Basic Performance Arts, Outfit Coordination
Any Shiny Rolls?: Yes, one for Moore. Guess was 50 Higher, rolled 24.
Other Information: Mildly allergic to pollen and cat Pokémon. It's nothing deadly.

The RP thread!

Last edited:
This seems fun, I actually love contests so i'll give it a try

Character Name: Dom Leoson
Age (11-16): 16
Orientation (OPTIONAL): Gay
Physical Appearance: Quite the opposite to Marina, Dom tends to stand out in every crowd. After moving to Hoenn from Kalos, the people and pokemon are very different, and even now going to Sinnoh he will always stand out. Hes very tall 6'5" and has a medium frame. His dark red hair is pulled back into a single afro puff and his eyes are pink.
Clothing: He tends to not care about what he wears unless its during a contest, in which he goes all out. Usually he just wears whatever tshirt and pants he slept in.
Home Region + City/Town: Laverre City, Kalos
Personality: Very quiet unless talking about his passions, which he is VERY passionate about. He loves contests but loves battles just as much
Any Pokémon?:
Goomy and Mudkip
Participating in the Partner Trial?: Yes
Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL): Basic Performing Arts, Seal Stylization, Seal Creation
Any Shiny Rolls?: Goomy pls
Other Information: Also has a few gym badges

ooo, this looks neat~

Character Name: Kana Venn
Orientation (OPTIONAL): Demi-Pan
Physical Appearance: Bright orange eyes, with Orange-brown skin. Kana stands at 5'4" with a slim frame, with slick (and dyed) blue hair, naturally blonde that covers his head with a short quiff.
Clothing: Kana normally wears a bright blue unzipped jacket, with a white buttoned shirt underneath. He also wears typically wears red roller shoes with mismatched green and blue socks. He wears aqua blue shorts with the normal type icon on them.
Home Region + City/Town: Slateport City, Hoenn
Personality: Being an overachiever, Kana tends to feel the most excitement from success, whether it be academic or social. However, Kana's feels much more enjoyment when helping others and his Pokémon especially. With both the Whismur and the Sunkern being family gifts meant for contests, they mean the world to Kana.
Any Pokémon?: Whismur (Ard), Sunkern (Lusan)
Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL): Basic Performance Arts, Outfit Coordination, Delectables Training
Any Shiny Rolls?: Yes, for Ard. (get the feeling my luck isnt gonna pull through lol)
Other Information:

Character Name: Jacob Soren
Age (11-16): 14
Orientation (OPTIONAL): Straight
Physical Appearance: He is quite lanky, and has brown hair. His ultramarine eyes are very pure.
Clothing: He wears a Team Shiny t-shirt, and ripped blue jeans. He has black shoes.
Home Region + City/Town: Twinleaf Town in Hoenn
Personality: He is friendly and kind, and willing to help others as well as himself. He loves flying.
Any Pokémon?: Teriyaki The Combusken
Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL): No
Any Shiny Rolls?: for Teriyaki!
Other Information: He has always wanted an Axew

Y’know guys, it isn’t all too hard to give a number for your shiny rolls… but no sweat! Let’s see what we get.
SELECTED NUMBER: 60, Lower
ROLLED NUMBER: 87

Welp, too bad. Though in my opinion, Combusken’s shiny is kinda… not the best.

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
Character Name: Bentley "Bent" Rome Hansen

Age (11-16): 11

Orientation (OPTIONAL): Bisexual

Physical Appearance: Bentley has shoulder length light brown hair tinted with a faded teal blue from the last time it was dyed. It is wavy and usually worn down, however a small braid hangs by their left ear. They have smooth tan skin. Bentley's eyes are light brown spotted with darker spots, gold and green. They stand at 4"11. They have a skinny build and a bit of arm muscle. Bentley has a bunch of stickers on his face.

Clothing: Bentley wears a yellow t-shirt that looks like it was tie dyed light with a green. It is quite oversized, the very rim at the bottom going down towards the knees. They wear a pink sweater fading into black around their waist and grey jeans that has one small hole on the right knee. Bentley has long white socks pulled to hide under their pants and lime green and white sneakers.

Home Region + City/Town: Goldenrod City, Johto

Personality: An ambivert at heart, Bentley loves being praised for something that they have done correctly. They enjoy many things but prefer not to speak that much in fear of being judged. They seem to have a knack for water types.

Any Pokémon?: Current The Vaporeon

Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL): Delectable's Training

Any Shiny Rolls?: For Current: 18, Higher

Other Information: Bentley has a tendency to zone off however is not diagnosed with ADHD.

Character Name: Daniel
Daniel.png
Home Region + City/Town: Galar - Wyndon
Personality: That of a typical shonen anime protagonist.
Any Pokémon?: Just a Cinderace that isn't shown in the HeroForge screenshot.
Any Shiny Rolls?: No
Other Information: No

MarcelGalliard790

Previously SlicertheGallade890
Alright. Here he is.
Character Name: Edward Camphier
Orientation (OPTIONAL):Heterosexual

Home Region + City/Town: Kalos - Lumiose City
Personality: Edward is a fairly quiet but attentive person. However, Edward is a nice guy as well. Whenever someone is down, he makes it his top priority to try and make someone smile. He does get flustered whenever someone mentions his side career.
Any Pokémon?: Gallade (Lancelot), Corviknight (Galahad),
Any Shiny Rolls?: I would love Lancelot to be Shiny (35 or higher please!)
Other Information: He is well known in Kalos (and maybe other regions) for his trainer PR videos. This is what he gets flustered over if someone brings it up to him.

Last edited:
Alrighty! Roll came back as a 70, so that Gallade's gonna sparkle alright!

I think I might be able to get the main thread up tomorrow at earliest. In the meantime, any additional event recommendations for the camp would be vastly appreciated!

Here's what I got so far.

Character Name: Rosemarie Johann
Physical Appearance: a tall female, standing around 5'10", long, black hair with purple eyes, her well endowed Feminine frame has a few scars from random wild Pokémon encounters varying from Zigzagoon to a Dragonite.
Clothing: She commonly wears a light blue shirt with a long grey skirt, her shoes more suited for what ever she is doing that day.
Home Region + City/Town: Littleroot Town, Hoenn
Personality: Rosemarie is one of the most talkative people you will meet, caring, kind, sweet and helpful.
Any Pokémon?:
Lapras-Surfer
Dratini-Wild One
Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL): Some course about Dragon Types.
Any Shiny Rolls?: For Surfer (5, higher, to account for my own cursed luck)
Other Information: She has a heart condition. Surfer was given to her on her tenth birthday.

Hm, this looks fun!

Character Name: Aaron Barry
Orientation: Heterosexual
Physical Appearance: Standing at a rather large 6’3”, Aaron tends to stand out in general. His eyes and hair are dark brown and he has mixed, slightly tan skin. He has a fit, semi-athletic frame that he gained simply from being outdoors and riding bikes a lot.
Clothing: Depends on the weather, but indoors/during average temperatures, he wears an unzipped gray hoodie and a golden shirt underneath, along with jeans and gray slip-on sneakers. When it is hot, his hoodie is removed and his jeans are replaced with shorts.
Home Region + City/Town: Hau‘oil City, Alola
Personality: Rather casual and friendly, Aaron enjoys hanging out with people and pokémon alike. He is rather intelligent and gentle as well, so he is the person to go to when you need someone to talk to. He can sometimes worry that people don’t like him, so he is a bit of a people pleaser because of it. He is an empath, so other people’s emotions tend to rub off on him easily.
Pokémon: An Aegislash named Hexcalibur and an Alolan Raichu named Cream (Aegislash is male, Raichu is female)
Courses Taken: Basic Performance Arts, Delectables Training, and Outfit Coordination
Shiny Roll: Hexcalibur - 15 Higher
Other Information: Also enjoys battling and is a good singer. Listens to music in his free time.

The Heart of Frostfire.

Previously The failure
Hey! I'm sorry for butting in, but am I able to join in on this? If I'm allowed, I do have a few questions, but... It's been so long since I did a good roleplay, as I've been off of the site for... Quite a long time. A contest based roleplay seems rather fun and just the thing for getting back into paragraph-based roleplay!

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Character Name: Florence Bayberry
Age (11-16): 14
Orientation (OPTIONAL): Homoromantic Asexual
Physical Appearance: Florence stands at 5'5" with an average build. Her eyes are grey and her head is shaved, but she hides it under wigs and hats.
Clothing: Florence loves oversized sweaters and knit hats, and often dresses in earthen colors when she's not performing in contests. During contests she usually wears bright yellows and greens, but her outfit depends on the type of performance she's putting on.
Home Region + City/Town: Celestic Town, Sinnoh
Personality: Always relaxed and usually sleepy, Florence keeps a cool head in any situation. However, her demeanor changes entirely when performing - she gets very excited about upcoming contests and puts her all into every performance.
Any Pokémon?: Lanturn, Eldegoss
Participating in the Partner Trial?: Yep!
Any Courses Taken?(OPTIONAL): Basic and Advanced Delectables, Advanced Performance Arts
Any Shiny Rolls?: 29 and higher for Eldegoss!

@Alternate_Mystery