• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Adventures in Avator

DISSCOUSION:https://pokecharms.com/threads/adventures-in-the-avator-region.20820/#post-746953
The Air Nomads looked up at the sky. The Avatar died thus a new one would be born. However, no one would know of his identity until he is 16 of age. The nations would have to fight amongst themselves until then. Unless the throne of elements was reached. Whoever reached it would have their nation rule the others until the Avatar came of age. "Come on out Akash." An old monk said as a Noivern came out. "We need to gather a couple of trainers. Four for right now. One of each nation."
"We already have one of our trainees here." Another said.
"Very well. Everyone send your largest flying type to get three more trainers. Each from a different Element."
******************************************************************************************************
Nima stood with her pokemon, Zito. Today the four Great Monks would give them a blessing. And one person from each nation. Of course, she wasn't here for the whole entire 'you will rule the other nations until the Avatar is found' nonsense. She was here to discover the other people from her Region.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Elone stood near the back of the crowd with slash, and waited for the speech they were about to give that apparently affected all four nations "I wonder if any of our friends will be picked" he said casting slash a quick glance

“Let’s see if luck will be on are side, Udaya,” Hikaki told his partner Zorua. Udaya grinned and then climbed on to his shoulder to get a better view. “I doubt I’ll be choosen, but if this monks choose me, I’ll defintely sit on the throne, right?” The Zorua bit his ear and he yelped in pain.

“What was that for!” Hikaki sharply whispered, and Udaya giggled. “I guess she trying to cheer me up because I’m nervous, but oww…” he thought

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
Ashley stood at the back of the crowd with her partner, shadow.
"I have a feeling someone from the jungle tribe will get chosen" she told the phantump.
Shadow looked at her in confusion "phant?" He said.

"If theres an announcement in the jungle tribe too and not only in the water tribe then it means it have to do something with this place. If you noticed, most of the announcements got read only in the water tribe, this place is kinda forgotten sadly" Ashley explained and pat shadow's wooden head.
The small ghost nodded in understanding.

(OOC: Sorry for the long post guys but air nomads LOVE long posts {lol JK} so much info at once, so much to read. Have fun!)
None of the Grand Monks went but were all watching. They had already chosen their Air Nomad, but choosing a member from the other nations would be hard. An Alakazam sot in the corner, projecting what was happening in each of the cities they sent a monk to. "Hmm, we will each chose our favorite."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Everywhere each of the monks said the exact same thing. "The Avatar has died! We will have to wait sixteen years before a new one can start training! We, the Air Monks, have decided to choose one person from each nation to try to take the elemental throne. Air has already been chosen. The Grand Monks are making their decision at this very moment! Soon we will take one of you to the Eastern Air Temple!" they all said. They heard a small whisper in their head as three were chosen.
In the Jungle: "Ashley has been chosen by Grand Monk Hyan Jin! Come forward once you've packed a few things and we will go to the Air Temple." the monk said. He released a Tropius so that when she came back, they could leave immediately.
In Ba Sing Se: Elone has been chosen by Grand Monk Chidambar! Come forward once you've packed a few things and we will go to the Air Temple." The monk announced. He released an Aerodactyl so that when he came back, they could leave immediately.
In the Fire Nation: "Udaya has been chosen by Grand Monk Tae Kwan! Come forward once you've packed a few things and we will go to the Air Temple." The monk announced. He released a Charizard so that when he came back, they could leave immediately. (OOC: Just copy pasted everything after a while 'cuz I'm lazy)

Magic Sparkle

Ashley got nervous, she knew that it would be from the jungle tribe but she never thought it would be her.
I will just say goodbye to my parents before i leave she thought.

Luckily her parents were near her, "goodbye mom, goodbye dad" she said a bit cheerfully, but the worry and suspicious still filled her. "Be careful" Ashley's mother said and gave a small hug.

"Okay shadow, lets sneak so there wont be any troubles" she told her partner, the phantump nodded and touched Ashley before going invisible along with her.

Ashley walked though the confused crowd that trying to spot her, as long as she holded Shadow she was invisible.
She could heres voices in the crowd such as, "why not me" or "where is she" all the way to the tropius.

A few moments later she appeared out of nowhere near the tropius with phantump, it was like a magic.
"I-Im ready to go" she said nervously and went on top of the tropius. She looked at the crowd, most of it glared at her in confusion, of how she just appeared out of nowhere, it was a mystery to almost if not all the people in the tribe.
That was the last thing she saw before she flew off, but her suspicious was still on.

Nima stood, waiting for the other chosen by the Grand Monks. She was chosen by Mi Sun the only female Grand Monk. Of course, she only got there by achieving enlightenment like any other Grand Monk. Nima was worried. Was the Fire Nation representative going to be violent, was the Water Tribesman going to be distant, was the Earth Kingdom representative going to be super stubborn? Her mentor, Yun Hee, told her worries grounded her and she needed to let them go, but she didn't know how.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Elone set on the ground and jumped off his aerodactyl, and gave a polite bow to Nima, and the grand monk "Hello, maam's, I cherish the opportunity to meet you and to be given the chance to participate in this event to decide the future of all four nations"

"I don't think you truly understand what about to happen. All I can say is Arcus watch over you, for this is not what an immediate decision. This might take years" Nima said to the Earth Kingdom representative.
"The young one is right, I am Mi Sun, one of the Grand Monks at this temple. Your benefactor is Chidambar. He is with the flying pokemon. Please return Chun Jhi to the stables, Ri Lin. Nima, please bring Elone to Chidambar."
Nima bowed to the Grand Monk, then said to Elone. "Follow me, I'm sure Chidambar would like to see you."

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Elone replied Nima's comment with "Did I say it would be quick? something like that should be thought out meticulously, believe it or not, I am intelligent enough to realize that" He said calmly, after the rest he did follow her with slash

"I never meant to dishonor you in any way, believe me. I am just a simple monk who lives at this air temple. I just wanted to make sure you didn't think it would just be an in and out thing. In fact, more could come to this very temple and receive the same blessing. We will be waiting for the others before we begin, but I'm sure you would love to meet Chidambar." She bowed at both the Grand Monk and Elone.
"Ask me whatever questions you want young one." the elderly man said. He had arrow tattoos, something Nima was missing. He also was wrinkled to the point to where some people would think he could not see. He was bald, but most Air Monks were and had a white mustache. he had yellow flowing robes with some red cloth underneath. Clearly a Grand Monk.

"I am not to reveal that unless the others give me their consent. Not even the Air Monk we have chosen knows. Although, she might know now due to how loud you are," Chidambar said. "Now let me give you some words of wisdom. Your heart will guide you even when you are lost. For only you, these words have any meaning. But their meaning is strong."
Nima walked away prepared a room for Elone, just in case. She had to make him feel welcome, even if he did ask Chidambar a stupid question. "Zito come here my friend." She called. She needed company right now, even if it came from a pokemon.

(Umm.... I'm guessing that you meant Hikaki... Udaya is his Zorua...)
The time when the announcement was made:
Hikaki froze in shock, I got choosen, he thought, I'll have to win this for the fire nation then. Hikaki then went to an inn that he was staying at. He went to his room and grabbed his stuff. Packing everything he needed, he grabbed a paper and pen.
Dear Mom and Dad,
I got chosen to be the one to get the throne for the Fire Nation. I'm on my way to get to the easten air temple right now. I'll make sure to write to you as often as possible. And don't worry about me, even if the other people that were chosen have bending, I have Udaya to help me.
Love, Hikaki.

"Ready to go," Hikaki asked his Zorua. she walked over to him and started gnawing his leg, "Yeah, let's eat something first," They ate, and went to whereever he needed to go for the event.

The air monks flying them to the Temple were swift. They got there in almost no time. "Greetings. You must be Hikaki and Ashley. I am Mi Sun. One of the Grand Monks. We will start the ceremony tomorrow. One of our monks, Nima, has prepared a room for you. She has been tasked to helping you while you stay. Please be kind to her." The beautiful Monk said as a Togakiss landed on her shoulder.

Magic Sparkle

It didn't take a long time until Ashley reached the Temple, it looked very strange and different to her.
She jumped off the tropius and immediately gave a polite bow to the monks, after that she sees another pokemon coming.

"Yes, my name is indeed Ashley. Its a pleasure to meet you" she answered to the monks. Shadow was a bit shy so he stayed invisible the whole time.

"I would like to know the room that I'm staying at first," Hikaki replied, with Udaya next to him. He looked around to check if there was was any pokemon nearby Ashley, but because Shadow was invisble, didn't noticed any pokemon. All I need to know now is who the air repesentive is, if any of them have bending, and what pokemon do they have. Hikaki started to strategize in his head, Ashley can see Udaya, but that doesn't hurt me too much.

Magic Sparkle

"i guess i am" she replied, she wasn't sure what will happen but she will find out soon.
She looked at the other one that was near her, she was curious about the zorua, from all the pokemons she have learnt that was the most interesting one.

"Lets go" she said quietly and followed Nima, Shadow was still invisible.

"Of course! I'll lead the way. Both of you will be in different rooms, but they are both in the same building." Nima said as she walked. "As you may know most Air Monks can bend. In fact, we all can bend, due to us always trying to please the Legendaries. Please understand while you are here, pokemon cannot battle one another unless given permission by the caretaker of pokemon." She led them up the tower. "My we are already here, Ashley, you will be in the room on the far left side, Hikaki you will be across the hall from her. If you need anything just ask." She reminded them before she left

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Elone looked around at the room he was in "This is a very nice place, the stories I heard did it a displeasure" He looked at the monks in front of him "I would like to see my room now, if you will"

Chidambar nodded. "Thank you, we Air Monks like to keep this place clean to help us clear ourselves of all grounding emotions. Now for your room for the night. Nima might be busy so I'll send on of the Monks here. Kavi, please show Elone his room"
A young bald man with arrow tattoos stepped forward. A Piggott flew next to him. "Of course, master Chidambar." he bowed to the Grand Monk. "Come with me. I'll bring you to your room."
The walk was silent the whole way. Nothing like the talkative Nima.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Elone was happy with the silence and nodded his thanks once they arrived, stepping in the room he put his stuff away in his new room and sat down in his room "Well slash? what do you think" Slash looked around the room and nodded his approval

Magic Sparkle

"thank you" Ashley said with a polite bow and went to her room, once they entered the room the phantump revealed himself.

"Everyone have their own room style, look like this is the air monks style" Ashley said in a curious way. "Phan phan!" Shadow said happily as he is levitating cheerfully.
"Im still confused about all that, i hope they will explain it better tomorrow" she told phantump as she sits on the bed, "i am also wondering who got chosen from the air and the earth Nation, what do you think, should we check it out later?" She added.

Phantump stopped near her and nodded swiftly, "tummmp!" He called out and almost used an attack from excitement.
"You like this place dont you" Ashley questioned with a giggle, Shadow nodded immediately.
"The place does seem interesting, more than i expected" she told the ghost pokemon with a happy grin.

The Dark Fairy

Previously Eliiiscool
Eli laid down in the bed and closed his eye "Good night slash" Slash looked at him for a second before settling down for the night as well both wondering what would happen the next day..

A small girl could be seen crouched at the foot of her bed. She was getting massive headaches since she stopped taking her pills, and she was starting to get sick. She thought it would be best to tell her doctor, since this could only mean she would have worse migraines and breakdowns. She slowly got up, careful not to cause anymore pain in her already suffering mind. She quietly and slowly walked out of her room and she nearly bumped into the Audino stationed near her door. The Audino gave her a concerned look before taking her hand and led her to the doctor.

The doctor, a generally handsome man with a handlebar mustache and black hair with green eyes, was in his formal Fire Nation attire with a black cloak and was finishing up his paperwork. The Audino made a cooing noise and the doctor looked up, his studious eyes looking at the girl in front of him and then his face broke into a warm smile. "Ahhh, Chhaya, how are you? You don't look so good."

The girl just shook her head slowly. "My head is pounding since I stopped taking the pills. We shouldn't have stopped my medication so quickly. Can I be back on the pills again? Please? I'll make sure to ease myself off of it," Chhaya pleaded.

The understanding doctor nodded and fished in the cabinet behind his stonemason desk. In it, he found the pills for her. He gave her the bottle after taking out a few pills and set the pills in the trash, since they were now contaminated and he didn't want to mix medication. Chhaya grabbed the bottle and checked inside. There were only six. She could wean herself off of six, right?

She nodded weakly at the doctor in thanks and left his room silently, the doctor feeling a little guilty from stopping her medication so quickly as well as feeling sympathy for her pain. She normally has a really high pain tolerance, so the fact she was practically crawling back to him worried him.

Chhaya was led down the hallway and into a kitchen, where the Audino fetched a paper cup and put water in it. She gave the cup to the young lady and she took one of her pills, her migraine subsiding and she felt like she could control herself again. Now, she needed something to do. Thanking the Audino, she looked around the expansive hospital to find that laundry needed to be done, as well as cleaning up the dishes.

After awhile, she did all of her chores and quickly went outside to enjoy a bit of the sun. She wore sunglasses, as the sun was beating down upon the planet and would have brought back the poor lady's migraine. Seeing the world in a darkened filter, she sat at the front steps, taking in the surroundings. And resting. The Audino sat beside her and fell asleep with her head on the girl's shoulder. Smiling, Chhaya pet the soft furs of the bipedal Pokemon before almost dozing off to sleep.

An elderly Air Nomad man in rags walked in the Fire Nation streets. He couldn't believe that the others forgot about his search! If they chose a person to find the throne, then he would too. He saw a Fire Nation girl sitting next to an Audino. He figured he would watch this girl. She seemed interesting. He released his Noibat, Samir. "Samir, keep an eye on this girl. She might be the one I'm looking for."
"Noi?"
"No, not the Avatar. As my chosen."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nima waited. She wished someone would give her something to do. She couldn't sleep until everyone else did. "Ugg, Zito! When will they ask for something? I'm so bored!" she exclaimed. Her small psychic bird jumped closer and started singing.

It was then that Aya opened her eyes, having dozed off on the steps. Getting an awful kink in her neck, she softly nudged the Audino awake before getting up and stretching. She looked around, only to find a strange man in some robes with a Noibat. With a raised eyebrow, she greeted him loudly to get his attention. "H-Hey, sir? What are you doing here? Do you need something? I... I can get my doctor."

She looked at the strange bat Pokemon and silently wished she had her own Pokemon. The Audino got up and stood by Chhaya and held her hand to give her a better confidence boost. Smiling, the small lady pet her caretaker's head before looking inquiringly at the man before her.

"I'm fine young one. But is your doctor your guardian? If he is then I would like to talk to him." The Air Monk was intrigued by this young lady. She seemed to be curious of other pokemon, and her relationship with her Audino seemed positive. To say the least he thought he found his chosen without a huge group to chose from.
Samir cocked his head in confusion. Was he supposed to continue his task? Or did he have something else to do now? "Noi?"
"Samir, you can stay on my shoulder." The man nodded.
"Noi!"

Upon remembering what those strange robes meant and the Flying/Dragon-Type on his shoulder, she began to suspect that maybe he was an Air Monk. If that's the case, then why was he here? Upon hearing he needed her doctor, she nodded and motioned for him to follow her. Chhaya smiled sweetly before walking towards the doors and opening them for the Air Monk.

"My name is Chhaya, but you may call me Aya. This Audino is my caretaker, but I don't actually have any other Pokemon, and she belongs to the mental hospital here. My doctor is helping me understand myself and how to control my psychotic side. If you have any questions, I'll give him permission to let you see anything that is in regards to me."

A smaller boy peeked around the corner and he looked at her questioningly. "Aya, who is this?" he groggily asked. It seemed like he just woke up.

"A visitor. Be nice to him please," Aya replied, noting the kid's dark circles under his eyes meant that he wasn't getting any sleep. "Do you need to go to the doctor too? Are your dreams getting worse?"

The kid just nodded his head silently before drifting back around the corner and to his room. Aya just sighed and talked more with the Air Monk. "People here have been suffering from many mental illnesses. I seem to be the only one with a positive progression rate. I may be able to leave this place in a week or so, but I don't know about leaving just yet... Maybe I could, but only if I have a Pokemon. Maybe something like a Houndour or something. They seem to be pretty cool service Pokemon, too."

The young female just kept rambling until she realized that she was probably boring the poor monk. She quickly apologized and showed him to the doctor's office. The doctor was just about to leave and smiled at Aya and the Air Monk. "Well, hello. Nice to meet you. My name is Dr. Iyashino. How may I help you?"

Aya and Audino just stood there beside the doctor, awaiting for the Air Monk to speak.

The Air Monk enjoyed listening Aya. Something about her optimism and overall helpfulness just made him want to take her on as a student. He just met what he would want to be his chosen, but first, he must convince her doctor. "I am Kwan Kwang, Head Monk of the Eastern Air Temple. I went to search for signs of the Avatar, however, I have found nothing. During my travels, my colleagues decided to choose a person they would give a blessing to. I was not informed of this until today. I think you've heard of it, Dr. Iyashino. I have decided to chose one person to give the very some blessing to, if it were to be accepted by you, I would like to choose Aya." The Air Monk said. If he were to be denied then it would be so. He would have to choose someone else. But he was ready to ask. The worst that could happen was a 'no'.
Samir looked at them both in silence. Was his trainer going to convince the doctor?
"If it were to make you feel better, Dr. Iyashino, I can ask one of our Air Monks to accompany her." Kwan Kwang added.

Hikaki laid on his bed, wondering what next to do. "Maybe I should just ask who the other two people are? I hate not knowing who I'm going up against." Udaya started to explore the room where he was staying at, looking under the most random places. "I should also talk to Ashley to see how much she knows about your speices. I'll be stepping out, practice your illusions in here."
"Zoru!" Udaya cheered, as she continue looking around the room.
Hikaki walk out of his room and went to look for Nima.

Nima ran to Hikaki. "You need something?" she asked. Her Natu sat on her shoulder. "I've been waiting for someone to need something, it feels like it has been four days now. Anyway, what is it that you need?" Nima looked like she was ready to go. She was ready to bring Hikaki anywhere he needed to go.

Nima stood in silence. "That information is only to be reviled by the representatives themselves." Nima said slowly. "However I can get the Earth representative and the Air representative already told me that they didn't want to be reviled until during the ceremony. I can help you with something else though!"
The Natu started squawking at Hikaki. He didn't like the fact he was so direct with his question.

"Ohh, if that's that case, I'll be back in my room," Hikaki began to walk away and then remembered something very important, "Nima, what about food? Did the monks prepare food?" The last time he ate a dish from a different nation (sea prune stew), it tasted awful, but if it means he could save some of the food he packed, that would be worth it.

Nima nodded "I'll get you a tray!" Nima ran off in almost blinding speed, probably going faster due to her Airbending. She waved in and out of the monks and came to the cafeteria. "Something for one of the representatives, please!" They handed her a tray of food consisting of a bowl of rice and cooked fruits and vegetables. However, there was not a glimpse of meat on the plate. She rushed back to Hikakai.