• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Alpha's Team! Rate if u will!

I'm kind of new to competitive battling but I was wondering if my team holds any value whatsoever :p

Blaziken- Blaze Kick, Blast Burn, Brick Break, Shadow Claw
Empoleon- Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Pluck
Gengar- Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb
Lucario- Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Dragon Pulse
Yanmega- Giga Drain, Air Slash, Night Slash, Bug Buzz
Rayquaza- Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Flamethrower, Return
If Rayquaza is considered an uber then
Either Rhyperior- Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Megahorn
or Dragonite- Ice Beam, Earthquake, Outrage, Aerial Ace

Gonna need natures and possible items to be held to give you a very detailed revue. And yes Rayquaza is an uber and a legend so he wont be taken in most tourneys/matches.

I'm kind of new to competitive battling but I was wondering if my team holds any value whatsoever :p

Blaziken- Blaze Kick, Blast Burn, Brick Break, Shadow Claw
Empoleon- Surf, Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Pluck
Gengar- Giga Drain, Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Sludge Bomb
Lucario- Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Psychic, Dragon Pulse
Yanmega- Giga Drain, Air Slash, Night Slash, Bug Buzz
Rayquaza- Dragon Pulse, Outrage, Flamethrower, Return
If Rayquaza is considered an uber then
Either Rhyperior- Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Stone Edge, Megahorn
or Dragonite- Ice Beam, Earthquake, Outrage, Aerial Ace

Yes Rayquaza is an Uber.
Yes I want Natures and Held items as well.

The Rules of the Clinic said:
You should post you Pokemon movesets in an easy to read manner. Just don't clump it together into one paragraph. Try to make your posts easy to read.

This means posting the team in a easy to read style. Not just writing one paragraph.

Pokemon's Name@Held Item
Nature
EVs (If you want to)
-Move 1
-Move 2
-Move 3
-Move 4

The style mentioned before hand works very well. you don't have to follow it, but if it's something like it, then it should be easy to read. This also means, don't change the colour of your text to something other than black.

Now reading this topic should also provide some good assistance as well.

This is official notice that you have 72 hours to update and reorganize the way you present your team with more information before asking for help again. Just reorgainze it a litte and include Natures and Items (Unless you don't know what item you want)

Okay thanks here they are in the way you wanted

Blaziken- Coba Berry
Careful nature
-Blaze Kick
-Brick Break
-Blast Burn
-Shadow Claw

Lucario- Enigma Berry
Naughty Nature
-Aura Sphere
-Dragon Pulse
-Flash Cannon
-Psychic

Yanmega- Lansat Berry
Hasty Nature
-Giga Drain
-Air Slash
-Night Slash
-Bug Buzz

Empoleon- Lax Incense
Bold Nature
-Surf
-Flash Cannon
-Ice Beam
-Pluck

Gengar- Big Root
Sassy Nature
-Shadow Ball
-Sludge Bomb
-Giga Drain
-Dark Pulse

Rhyperior- Expert Belt
Careful Nature
-Hammer Arm
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake
-Megahorn

Okay is this better?

Much easier to read, at least I think so. No two moves of the same type on a pokemon. I'll help a bit. Plpti can do better though. This is based on the pok

Why is every pokemon with a berry though. I figured Gengar's big root helps with giga drain and energy ball just...doesnt make sense to me.

but I'm thinking of switching out Rhyperior with
Dragonite- Haban Berry
Calm Nature
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Outrage
Aerial Ace

Does that seem like a better idea?

Those berries make the type they are generally Weak to do less. (Empoleon w/ Wacan Berry is hit with Thunderbolt. It does a little less.)It could be the difference between Fainting and surviving.

Dragonite-Haban Berry/Yache Berry (Dragonite has a x4 Weakness to Ice)
Calm Nature-Sp. Def Rises Quickly, Attack Rises Slowly (But the Attack is still higher than the Sp. Atk.)
Dragon Rush-STAB
Aerial Ace-STAB
Fire Punch-For Ice Types
Iron Tail-Filler

Dragonite enjoys a phemnominal Attack Stat. So an all Physical Moveset is ideal. It could be this or...

Dragonite-Persim Berry (To counter the confusion from Outrage once)
Adamant Nature (Adamant Nature+Dragon Dance+STAB+Max Evs in Attack=Deadly, but Reckless. You could also use this Nature for the Moveset Above)
Outrage-STAB
Aerial Ace-STAB
Dragon Dance-Ups Dragonite's awsome Attack and increases its average Speed
Aqua Tail-Filler

A Reckless moveset, if you prefer.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Blaziken-Passho berry
Careful Nature-Sp. Atk Rises Slowly, Sp. Def Rises Quickly
Blaze Kick-Same Type Attack Bonus (STAB)
Brick Break-STAB
Night Slash/Shadow Claw-Psychic Types. First option if willing to breed
Stone Edge-Other Fire types and Flying types

Blaziken was pretty good. Blast Burn is not okay. Recharge makes it an in-ideal move for competitive battle.
So were are going with a Physical moveset. Night Slash Requires breeding though...
Why did you tel him to give it a Special attack increasing nature, and then say you were going to use all physical moves?

[quote author=ShadoPikachu link=topic=4081.msg54573#msg54573 date=1206808004]
Those berries make the type they are generally Weak to do less. (Empoleon w/ Wacan Berry is hit with Thunderbolt. It does a little less.)It could be the difference between Fainting and surviving.

Dragonite-Haban Berry/Yache Berry (Dragonite has a x4 Weakness to Ice)
Calm Nature-Sp. Def Rises Quickly, Attack Rises Slowly (But the Attack is still higher than the Sp. Atk.)
Dragon Rush-STAB
Aerial Ace-STAB
Fire Punch-For Ice Types
Iron Tail-Filler
[/quote]
also, here... if its only attacks are physical why on earth would you want to lower its attack?! regardless of the fact it will still be higher than Sp. Atk, why not just lower Sp. Atk?

you'll have to forgive me for this, ShadoPikachu... but your advice on natures really isn't too good...

[I'm reading over the original team Alpha posted, and will edit this or make a new post when I finish]

There are multiple movesets out there, but the question remains, are you willing to re-breed, because there are lots of Egg Moves that can be obtained from breeding.

The Big Root only helps with attacks that absorb damage and give half of it back to the user (Giga Drain, Leech Seed, ect)

Also, Shado was just pointing out what the natures affected Ruko.

Why did you tel him to give it a Special attack increasing nature, and then say you were going to use all physical moves?

Special Attack rises Slowly...

[quote author=Ruko link=topic=4081.msg54583#msg54583 date=1206809343]
also, here... if its only attacks are physical why on earth would you want to lower its attack?! regardless of the fact it will still be higher than Sp. Atk, why not just lower Sp. Atk?
[/quote]

That's based on the Natures he currently has...

[quote author=Ruko link=topic=4081.msg54583#msg54583 date=1206809343]
you'll have to forgive me for this, ShadoPikachu... but your advice on natures really isn't too good...
[/quote]

I'm new at this. No need to Hit on me for it...

Plapti, Gengar has the Big Root because he has Giga Drain and it doesn't have STAB so why not help it do better. Yes I realize I could do the same to dark pulse which would be more effective -_-

The Big Root is a minor increase. From Giga Drain's Base Power 60, it will go to 66 with the Big Root. Not worth it.

Also, please answer the question I posed to you before. That way, I can actually start helping this team out.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
:-\ I've not at all been on it lately, apparently....
I'm sorry Shado... even bolding what you said I didn't notice that said decrease...

I'm currently writing advice based on the Natures you have posted for them assuming you won't re-breed... but if you will, that opens up a lot more windows.

I'm not so keen on re-breeding blaziken, empoleon or Gengar since I've used these pokemon since the beginning of my game(Blaziken in sapphire)

But all the others I'm open for re-breeding.

Apology Accepted. People make mistakes often.

Those were all based on if he wasn't going to rebreed natures. Otherwise Adamant Nature would be the way to go for the Physical Movesets and Modest Nature would be best for the Special Movesets.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Shado already explained that it was bad to have two attack moves of the same type, so I'll just say that Earthquake will fit on your Blaziken better.

for Lucario: With a naughty nature, its special attack should be lower than its physical. Try one of these movesets:

if it's Attack is greatly higher than Special Attack:
Lucario@
Extremespeed (just a great attack all around, 80 base power, and you go first)
CloseCombat/Brick Break (if you don't mind the defenses falling, and another just generic)
Metal Claw/ Iron Tail (if you Want a steel type move... Iron tail has decent power, but not for its accuracy)
Earthquake/Rock Slide (just a good filler)

and this one is a bit more balanced between Special and Physical... and better overall.
Lucario@
Aura Sphere/Close Combat (since it never misses, Aura Sphere is good, though less powerful)
Flash Cannon/Water Pulse (because it outpowers both of the other Steel moves I mentioned) (water Pulse hits Fire-TYpes Pokemon and has 20% chance of Confusion)
Dragon Pulse/Extremespeed (because dragon hits every type except Steel for at least Neutral damage)
Psychic (for other fighting types)

I'm actually going to stop here... I've proven I'm not on the ball right now, and I'm a bit uneasy about giving advice on the rest.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I've been told to edit my post to fit Water Pulse in for Fire Types....
but I can't even see which move to drop, I'm done here for now.

Clinc Edit (Plapti):Water Pulse is to go in for Flash Cannon. I will edit it in for you.