• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ancient Wars: Shadow War

Here is the link to the discussion post: https://pokecharms.com/threads/ancient-wars-shadow-war-discussion.27930/

Hestaphus Castle was in deep silence. Everyone in the castle was over in the courtyard next to a grave. The grave says ‘Earl Hestaphus. 1967-2010. This wonderful king was assassinated by the Shadow Kingdom.’ The Shadow King Norton sent assassins to kill the entirety of the Hestaphus royal family, just to provoke them. There is one person who isn’t at the grave. The middle child, Syilan Hestaphus. “If only I could stop them before. Well no matter, I’ll just take this into my own hands. I’ll kill that man and get revenge for father.” The time was just after 10. Syilan looked out his room to check the hallways to see if they were clear, and they were. “Perfect. Time to flee from this place and take action.” Before he left, he made sure to go to the armory and grab a shield. The shield he grabbed isn’t a strong one, but it’ll get him by. As he was leaving he heard a voice call to him. “Halt, brother. Where are you going?” Syilan looked back to see his older brother, Namel who is the new king. “To take my revenge. Just one thing, stay out of my way, brother. If you don’t I won’t hesitate to kill you.” With that, he left the castle and headed into town. “What am I going to do with you brother? I need to tell sister about this and have her track him down.” Namel then turned and left.

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
“What are you doing?” Aslan barked towards the prince in which he quickly recognized. “You’re supposed to be there.” He said, pointing towards the ever so large castle that was overhead. “I knew leaving you just for a few minutes would end up bad.” He muttered, walking over to the boy. “Where are you going? Hershew? Oh please don’t tell me Hershew.” Aslan recoiled back, looking into the princes every so blue eyes. He turned, searching for something to buy from the shops that stood behind. He flipped back around to face Syilan once more. “Tell me.” He demanded, keeping a hand on the hilt of his dagger that lay Inbedded into one of the pockets in his breeches.

@Baymaxman13
-
Jade sighed as she heard her mother and father blabber on and on of the argue about her getting a husband and becoming queen. “Marry one of the prince’s from Hestaphus or Shadow.” Her mother, soon shutting out her father, said coming to sit upon the silky blanket on her bed. “Really? A Hestaphus?” She turned to face her mother who gazed around her room before turning to face Jade. “Too late.” Her mother giggled, holding up the letter. “Sign it with your signature and I’ll send it tonight.” Jade, hopelessly obeying signed with ‘Princess Jade Hershew’ before handing over the letter to her mother. “Read it and maybe I’ll think again.” Her mother, obviously joking said before leaving her to read the hopeless letter.

It read:

Dear King or Queen Hestaphus,

I, Queen Belle Hershew, have seduced that it is a must that one of your princes would be considered in Princess Jade’s Hershews marrying ceremony in a week. Coming within the next few days will mean that all necessary items will be provided until the marrying ceremony on Sunday of next week. Thank you for understanding.

Best regards, Queen Belle Hershew and

Princess Jade Hershew

The letter was fine and she called out to a guard to send it over to her mother. “Thanks.” She told the associated sliver knight as he trotted down the hole with the enveloped letter. “Yay.. this’ll be fun..” Jade said sarcastically before falling onto her bed.

Syilan looked at Aslan. “I’m going to the Shadow Kingdom. I need to kill the king there and get revenge for my father. Come with me if you want to help, if not, stay out of my way.” Syilan sped past Aslan in a rush to get to his destination. He looked around to see some shops nearby. “I’ll just go and take some of this food. I don’t care what happens if I steal it. I just need to get my revenge.” He walked up to one of the stands and grabbed a loaf of bread and a few pieces of fruit without paying. “This’ll be good.” The food he stole had made him even more angrier than usual. His anger has come from the Shadow King when he sent assassins to kill his dad twelve years ago. That hatred has changed into revenge. Syilan looked around once more and found the draw bridge to the entrance of the castle town. “Perfect.” He turned around to face the castle. “I will see you after I kill the Shadow King. Until then, farewell.” This was the last bit of the young boy Syilan once was. Before he became the person of hatred that he is now.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————
Estelle had been wandering through the woods. These woods were quite dangerous to the folk in nearby villages. These woods are in the Hershew region of Esna. Her two guards were following her, just in case she got attacked. “My lady. You should take a rest, you wouldn’t want his majesty to worry about you, would you?” She waved her hand at one of them. “I’ll be fine. Besides, he worries about me all the time. This shouldn’t be any different.” She then heard some branches crack around her. “What was that?” She looked at her guards. “We’ll investigate.” He motioned his hand to have the other one follow. “Die beast!” One yelled. Estelle looked to one of the pathways in the woods. Sorry guys. I have to get back to Hestaphus now. She then ran off through the woods. After a few minutes wandering around, she heard a bird. “Frost? Is that you?” The white bird flew down with a letter in it’s feet. “Thank you.” She read the letter which said: Dear Estelle. I fear my brother has gone and left the capital. If you find him on your way back, bring him back. I can’t bear to loose him. Like I lost my father. I’ll be waiting. Your love, King Namel Hestaphus. She sighed. Syilan, where are you off to?

Last edited:
Reginald had been Surveying the area around the Village in the air on his Pegasus, Raron. The Winged horse gave a whinny when it saw the group fighting beasts.

"What are they doing near here," Reginald asked.

He shot a beast in the head with a crossbow bolt, as he flew closer, he was certain he saw the Princess with an unknown woman, but from what he could think, it might be Lady Estelle. He flew to the ground, landing to fight some more beasts, and confirm what he saw in the air.

"You guys okay," Reginald asked, "I had seen events unfold from the air, Reginald Rochester, Surveyor for the Village in this area."

He kneeled as he looked upon the Princess. He shot another beast from behind him.

@'Candle' (Jade) @Baymaxman13 (Estelle)

-------

Georgia was looking for something to help her merchant parents, and had been walking through the village. Three ruffians had ganged up on her. They had been looking for someone to rob, and found a perfect target.

"Hand over all your money." The ruffians responded.

"Please, don't hurt me!" Georgia cried out.

The ruffians had disarmed her symbol, which was a focus for her healing. They started getting closer to her, and all of a sudden, her eyes turned purple. Her true heritage had been revealed. Georgia Hemingway, the foster child of a merchant family, was the daughter of The King of Shadow.

"Shock!"

The ruffian closest to her was fried, as the rest ran off, as her heart rate went down from being attacked, her eyes went back to their normal color, she had heard about a guard headed towards the outskirts, she dropped off what she had and went to investigate after she got her symbol back.

@'Candle' (Jade) @Baymaxman13

Frayla had been wandering around Hestaphus Castle for a few days. She only got to this time period recently, four days to be exact. She had seen Syilan Hestaphus run on by towards the drawbridge. “Father?” She asked herself. “This must be the day he set out. If I remember correctly, some events are going to play out and they aren’t happy ones.” She ran past Aslan. “Bye Aslan. Follow me.” She motioned her hand for him to follow her, she didn’t even wait for a response, because she doesn’t know what his response will be. While he was running, she looked at her father’s sword, the Mystical Sword.

Syilan heard footsteps right behind him. “Who’s there?” He turned around quickly. “Hi. I’m…” I’ve gotta come up with a fake name. “I’m Kairi Sheldoun. I saw you running outside the city.” Syilan’s face grew angry. “So you were spying me, huh? Well don’t do it again. Come with me if you have hatred against the Shadow King, if not, stay out of my way.” Frayla could tell that the person she once knew didn’t exist yet, only the beast that he told her that he once was. “Fine, I’ll come.”

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
“Rochester? Can’t say I’ve heard of your family.” She started walking around. “Say, what village is this? I’ve been to many places in Esna, except here.” She had then remembered the letter Namel sent. “By the way, Reginald. Have you seen Syilan Hestaphus? He’s the middle child of the Hestaphus Royal Family. My fiancé sent me a letter recently saying that he had run off.” She looked around and saw a specific inn. “I’ll just and take a rest over there.” She pointed to the building. “You can join me if you want.” She then walked off to the inn.

Last edited:

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
“Really? Stealing food are ‘ya?” Aslan glared at the young prince. “I am coming with you, I know you want revenge on the death of King Earl.” He declared, following close to Syilan, sword armed and ready for any thieves or something that could hurt the young man. “So do you plan on sleeping and resting? Or being found by King Namel or his ruthless knights?” His question was odd and out of order but Aslan payed no attention to his unusual words but to the prince that was taking off towards the way of the Hershew(?) Kingdom.

I can’t believe he is actually doing this. How could he go without being armed, without food and needed things?

Aslan kept following, “Your out of your mind.” He beckoned at him before going silent as to keep himself focused on guarding closely.

Jade, dressed in her green traveling robe, began down the flight of stairs. She arrived at the end of the stairs and stared at the large wooden door that when opened: lead onto a large drawbridge. Knights followed behind and in an intent curiosity of knowing where she was heading off too. “Please stay somewhat quiet, Mum or Dad might hear you.” Jade whispered lightly.

After arriving at Hershew and being motioned to follow, Aslan obeyed and followed. “So ugh what are we doing-?” After she began to follow Syilan, he stared at her with suspicious eyes. “So.. are you helping battle the Shadow King as well?” He asked.

"You are in the Small village of Riosora, the furthest from the capital that's been confirmed." Reginald responded, "The Rochesters are usually very peaceful, and I have not seen a Syilan Hestaphus, Miss."

Reginald had been walking down the town's main street and had seen the inn. He looked around the town to see three ruffians.

"You three!?" Reginald bleeped, "Can I get some backup to get them arrested?"

Two guards took the two conscious ones as the Third was picked up by Reginald's Pegasus.

"Raron, go with the guards, and take them to the local prison."

"So you said, your fiance sent you the letter?" Reginald asked.

@Baymaxman13 (Estelle)

-------

Francis Constitution had seen a royal guard, if he remembered correctly, his name was Aslan. Francis had followed, royal guards are not commonly seen in this part of town. He followed until They had stopped. His armor made clanging in the background.

"Oops."

@'Candle' (Aslan) @Baymaxman13 (Syilan)

-------

Georgia Hemingway had taken the sights, but nope that wasn't the princess. She then followed Reginald to the inn, only to see the three ruffians being carried off by two guards and a Pegasus. She went into the inn and waited patiently, looking to thank Reginald.

@Baymaxman13 (Estelle)

Syilan heard the clanging noise. He turned to the direction of the noise, walked over there and pulled out his sword. “Who are you? Are you here to kill me? Just like how those assassins did my father?” His sword was pointed at this man’s throat. “Da-Syilan, don’t.” Frayla turned around to answer Aslan’s question. “Yes I am. I need to make sure this prince doesn’t get out of hand.” She turned back to him. “Syilan, he may be of some use to us. I don’t care what you think, we just need to let him come along.” Syilan growled. “Fine, but if he stands in my way, I will kill him.” Syilan then started walking again towards the people he absolutely despised. “And so begins the Shadow March. The tale that will live in legends.” Frayla said.

Estelle looked to answer Reginald’s question. “Yes, he did send me this letter.” She pulled the letter out of her bag and handed it to Reginald. “My fiancé is King Namel Hestaphus. He became king twelve years ago, after the previous king had gotten killed.” She walked to the door of the inn and sat at one of the seats at the far end of the building. A person had gotten up to talk to her. “So, my soon-to-be-sister-in-law is here.” The mysterious figure was walking up to the table that Estelle sat at. “Anabel. Nice to see you. It seems that Namel sent you here.” Anabel nodded. Anabel is the youngest of the Hestaphus children at the age of eighteen and has no desire to become queen. “You’re right, though it wasn’t to come look for you, oddly enough.” She chuckled. “It’s about Syilan. Namel sent me to look for him, but I’ve just had no luck. If you see him, let me know.” “Will do, Anabel.” With that, the youngest child left the inn leaving Estelle by her self, not knowing if Reginald followed her in or not.

Reginald looked on, and had a question when the name Namel was mentioned.

"We're so far out, we don't hear the name Namel very often, is he the king of somewhere?"

A whinny was heard when Raron had returned and waited as a brown Haired, brown eyed girl walked up to Reginald.

"Thank you for dealing with those Ruffians." The girl whispered.

"They attacked you," Reginald asked, "I'm checking in on someone who may be important, can you make sure that a Pegasus had returned, he looks like a work horse, but has wings.

Georgia nodded and went looking for the Winged Horse.

Reginald figured he'd talk with Estelle, so he had caught up to her.

------

Georgia Hemingway had been walking down the street after an encounter with the local guard. She was not sure how to react when the guard said to find his Pegasus. She was now looking for a large horse with wings. A neigh was heard.

"Holy S***, That's the Surveyor's Pegasus."

"The Surveyor sent me to pick up his Pegasus."

The horse whinnied, realizing that he should follow.

"Your rider is in the inn, I can get you to the stables by there, okay?"

The horse nodded as he kept an eye on her. Georgia walked back to the inn with Raron following.

"Go to the stables." Georgia whispered.

@Baymaxman13

Estelle had sat there in silence, until she saw Reginald. “Oh, Reginald. To answer your previous question, Namel is the king of Hestaphus. He became king when he was just a kid.” She shook her head. “Anyways, what do you plan on doing? You could come with me back to Hestaphus if you like.” She gave him the option to decide. “I’ll be waiting outside for your answer.”

Norton was sitting on his throne, in the Shadow Kingdom throne room. He heard the doors come open ferociously. “Your majesty, sir.” “Speak.” The soldier was out of breath. “The Hestaphus prince is coming this way.” Norton smirked. “Send the Shadow Warriors out, and kill that brat.”

Reginald walked out as a horse walked over "I would be honored, let me get my supplies ready."

Reginald's horse walked over with Georgia in tow.

"This sounds interesting, Mr. Guard, I can hope to get a hold of some goods if I travel with you guys." Georgia called out, "I'm the one who brought your horse back, and I have some useful skills, like negotiating, besides, I'm a healer."

Reginald nodded, he could use a healer in the group.

"We can add Georgia here, she's the one I had find my Pegasus while I was talking to you."

@Baymaxman13

Last edited:
Estelle was pleased that she could have some people traveling with her. “Thank you guys. It will be better if we stay together in a group, because who knows what could happen when we’re on our way back to Hestaphus.” She got some materials ready and started walking away. “Well, it should probably take a day or two to get to the castle, so leaving now would be our best bet.”

The Shadow Warriors have moved across the terrain pretty quickly. They aren’t like normal humans, they’re more excelled at walking. They had reached a small village in the woods near Hershew. “Look at it boys. There are some brats to kill. We’ll make the king pleased.” The started walking towards the gates with their greatswords in hand.

"Understood," Both Reginald and Georgia responded to Estelle, "We're preparing now."

Georgia went to her house as Reginald went to the small castle in the center of town.

Georgia had gathered her stuff and had it in a bag on her back, ready to go as she reported back to where Estelle was, Reginald gave his Captain a heads up that he was going to be out of town for a while, and his brother Lord Connor Rochester the Fifth, a heads up as well. He had his stuff packed and placed in saddle bags, ready to go.

"We're Ready, Lady Estelle." Both would respond.

@Baymaxman13

Estelle looked at the two. “Alright then. Let’s go.” Before they could even start heading their way, Estelle saw three purple men standing at the gate. “Could you please move. We’re in a hurry.” They chuckled slightly. “I’m afraid we can’t do that, miss. Why don’t you hand us that girl and we’ll be on our way.” Estelle put her arm in front of Georgia. “Not going to happen.” They smiled. “Well then. Let’s kill ‘me boys. The king’ll be proud.” They charged towards the group with axes in hand. One swung at Estelle with massive force, but she was able to dodge it in time. “Ugh. Wind!” She fired a small enough gust of wind to push one of them back. She then grabbed her dagger and tried going for the man’s arm. “Not happening, lady.” He then punched Estelle in the stomach, knocking her out cold.

Reginald had been riding through the sky watching until three in purple attacked Estelle. The two prepared for combat, as at that point, Georgia's eyes turned purple.

"Shock!"

Lightning arced towards the three soldiers, as arrows started firing towards them. Reginald had prepared an attack.

"FIRE!"

Reginald then lit a guard on fire as he fired two more arrows at the other soldiers in purple.

@Baymaxman13 (Estelle)

-------

"I am Francis Constitution, a soldier of Hestaphus," Francis Explained, "I've been sent by my captain, who had been looking to report to Namel when I had caught something in the corner of my eye, I naturally followed."

Francis hoped that explanation was enough.

@'Candle' (Aslan) @Baymaxman13 (Syilan, Frayla)

|Bread|

Previously 'Candle'
“Well it’s good to meet you Constitution.” Aslan beckoned, holding the blade at his back. “I’m not sure I quite believe you.” He muttered loud enough for anyone in earshot to hear. “Aslanbek Wembleye. Royal Guard for the Hestaphus Royal family..” He said his name aloud, fumbling his words on the part about mentioning his job.

( @Cmeriwether ; Francis )