• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Apotheosis: The Role Play

{{OOC -

Private RP, desu. You wanna join, find a way to ask and/or show you dun post like a n00b. =3 The concept of the RP is kinda complicated, desu. |D

Confirmed Role Players
  • Trufflefox (DESU!)
  • Sem (-sexes-)
  • Dway-san (Dwayna DragonFire, desu!)

}}​

The smooth concrete surface beneath Baesil

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
The sun was shining into the red-head's window, and slowly, she stirred from sleep. The beeping of the alarm clock on her dresser told her that it was definitely time to wake up and get ready for school. She got up from bed in her normal morning cheer and got changed into her school uniform. Just another day... She thought to herself tiredly.

Aria Fuoco brushed back her long, red curls in anticipation of the school day. She stood out amongst the crowd, but that was probably because she wasn't entirely Japanese. Her parents had divorced when she was at a very young age, so she never really knew her real father. Her mother had taken her to Japan, and they had been living there ever since.

She was the type of person who many would describe as peppy and preppy. It was obvious that she was a morning person, as that was when her biggest smiles showed. She had a quick temper, but she never seemed to be able to hold a grudge. She also seemed to care about they way she looked and the people she hung out with, but there was one person she would always hang out with no matter what. His name was Izo, and he had been her next-door neighbor for several years now.

Once Aria had made sure everything was perfect - from her hair to her shoes - she grabbed the lunch that her mother had made for her and stepped outside the door. She turned to the left to go to another door next to hers, and she knocked on it loudly. "Izo! You better be up by now!" Her voice was warm but soft, somewhat unsuited to the face that she beheld. Emerald green eyes stared at the door in anticipation of it opening. "If you're not out here in five minutes, I'm coming in there, Izo Acqua!"

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Izo emerged from the steaminess of his shower, towl wrapped around him. He walked over to the mirror and fixed his hair a bit. It was black and straight, and didn't usually need much caring for. His gray eyes stared back at him as he made sure it all looked ok. Izo got into his school uniform, which he had no care for to be honest, but rules were rules. He grabbed a piece of toast and nibbled on it as he gathered his things for the day.
""Izo! You better be up by now!" came a familiar voice. He smiled a bit; that was Aria the morning person, another way in which they were completely opposite. He was more of a night person, which meant staying up countless hours tapping away at a computer and suffering for it in the morning. Aria always told him how bad that was, but did he listen? Nope...
Aria was his best friend. They both moved to Japan a few years back, basically two new kids helping each other out. He wasn't Japanese, well, genetically anyway. He was orphaned for a number of years until some visitors from Japan chose to adopt him. They were good people, not perfect, but no one was. His actual parents would've approved, or at least, that's what he usually thought.
Izo slung his messenger bag over himself and stalked over to the door, still nibbling his toast. "If you're not out here in five minutes, I'm coming in there, Izo Acqua!" he heard as he turned the knob.
"I'm here, I'm here..." he said drowsily through bites. He looked up at her, she was a bit taller than he was. Izo was short, but not too thin or chunky, just right he'd like to think. Though, his stature always gave someone an excuse to pick on him. The two began walking towards their school. Aria told him how tired he looked and scolded him again. The 17 year patiently took it all in, though deep down he appreciated her concern. He was never quick to get mad, unlike her. Poke her the wrong way and you could find that your face is missing.
Izo was always told not to be so quiet, by both sets of parents and Aria, and to speak up more often, enough so he didn't look awkward in a social setting, which is where he was everyday. He never managed to say anything beyond a few words though. He was a much better listener, and gave excellent advice. Empathy was always one of his gifts, for better or for worse.
The two reached the school after about 15 minutes, just in time for the first bell.

OOC: Yeah, plenty of autoing there XD I hope its alright >> Feel free to do it to Izo as well. XD If not then just PM me for catch me in the chat or summon me using magic powers

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
((OOC: It's perfectly fine. It helps to move the storyline along.))

The door opened and Izo stepped out into the hallway with Aria. He was shorter than she was, but she never seemed to mind. "I'm here, I'm here..." His voice sounded drowsy, as always. He probably stayed up late on his computer again... Aria let out a soft sigh and rolled her eyes slightly before they went on their way.

"You look so tired, Izo." she commented, "You shouldn't stay up so late on the computer. It's not good for you." That was probably the millionth time she had told him, but he never seemed to care. He always stayed up late anyways, because he was as much of a night person as she was a morning person. Not to mention he was usually very quiet, but that was just the way he was. Aria knew that he had been adopted, and felt a sort of kinship with him in that sense. They had both been kids when they came to Japan, and had been friends ever since.

They reached the school just in time to hear the first bell. Aria sighed again, this time more loudly. She hoped that she wouldn't be late for class again. The thought of class made her smile. Izo was in her class, and she was pretty sure that they would be sitting near to one another. Of all the friends that she had, she always hoped that Izo would be one of the ones that was close by in case she had a mental breakdown or something. He had always been a good listener, the calm one to help her through whatever turmoil managed to spring up in her life. this was why he was her best friend - he had always been there for her.

They had Math first today, unfortunately. Another reason why she hoped that Izo was nearby. She hated Math and wasn't very good at it, another opposite to Izo. He was the smarter one as well, and Aria was glad for that. She doubted that any of her other friends were much smarter than she was. I wouldn't mind making some new friends this year... she thought to herself disdainfully.

Stationed passively in the back of the class, Baesil studied his own neat handwriting. The sheave of papers hiding his desktop was filled with small, neat sentences that composed his notes; and while his mind was still half-hoping to get back to sleep, his expression was nothing less than unreadable. His arms were crossed loosely over his chest, eyes half-lidded in a deceptively calm manner, and his pencil lay forgotten on the edge of his desk. Class was all but over - even the teacher wasn't interested in teaching so close to the bell. The young English teacher, conforming black hair kept in a neat bun, had already scribbled down their homework assignment on the board and retired to asking various students what they felt they had learned that day.

Of course, as the bespeckled woman met the name Balfour on her list (the one student who was not arranged in her alphabetical rows), her lips tugged down slightly. Almost seamlessly, she skipped over his name.

"Sasaki, have you learned anything in class to--"

Saved by the sudden, jerking alarm of the bell, the aforementioned Sasaki sighed in relief, shoveling his notes into a sloppy shoulder bag and rooting around for his bento.

The previously languid class surged into motion, shoving unwilling desks into groups, searching for their own lunches, or fleeing through the classroom door to fetch something from the cafeteria or juice machines. Soft-soled shoes thudded on the linoleum-tiled floors, and a flood of gossiping voices shook Baesil from his near-reverie. He swept his notes into a tidy stack and tucked them into a folder before setting it inside his own bag. His mouth turned slightly downwards as he realized that a certain set of eyes had settled on him, and were not moving.

"What is it?" He asked dryly, not bothering to crane his neck to see who was beside him.

A weak-hearted squeak confirmed the character's gender, as well as the wavering voice that followed. "U-um....Bae...Baesil-kun?"

Baesil made a noncommittal sound in his throat as he tucked his pencil into one of the small pouches in his bag. The mousy-haired girl behind him trailed off like a broken motor before spurring to life again.

He was tired of this ritual that apparently every girl felt necessary to go through...

"I....was...well, if you..."

...maybe he would take a nap on the roof again. It was a warm day, and nobody that knew of him would bother venturing up there...

"...If you don't have anything else to do, maybe...."

....He could sip on the energy drink he had bought while he up there, too, away from babbling, weak-spirited creatures like THIS.

"...maybe you would eat lunch with...us....uh..."

The girl's ponytail bobbed as she stepped backwards, away from the violet-eyed boy as he stood up in one decisive movement.

"No." He responded bluntly, throwing his school bag over one shoulder as he turned to leave.

Blushing as she watched the wild-haired character step through the class's door, the hazel-eyed brunette turned back towards her friends.

"Geeeez, Yui-chan!"

"What were you thinking?"

"Are you crazy, Yui-san?"

Yui slumped into her own desk with an over-exaggerated sigh and opened the lid to her home-made bento. She attacked her rice with chopsticks, pointedly ignoring the catcalls of her friends.

It wasn't like they hadn't tried to draw the mysterious boy's attention before - regardless of whether or not he was two years younger than them. Or whether or not he had no qualms with planting his foot into the face of anyone who got remotely in his way....or....

Shaking her head, Yui smiled and leaped into the current conversation, which had steered clear of Baesil Balfour.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Classes went by slowly that day. Lunch came like always though, and everyone rushed to leave. Izo was not as eager, he'd rather not get stuck at the jams in the hallways due to all the people rushing everywhere. You either had to be first or last to escape that. Izo and Aria stood up and made to leave the room when the teacher stopped them.
"Ah, you two." she said, rummaging around in her bag. "I need you to take this," she pulled out a case. "and take it to the storage shed on the roof."
Izo took the case and heard Aria say "Sure thing!" And they both set off for the roof. The roof was two floors above them, if you counted the roof itself as a floor. The duo set off through the halls to the stairway of the building and climbed up until they reached the roof.
They walked out, a cool breeze met them as they made their way to the shed. Izo put the case inside and was about to head back when he noticed someone else was on the roof. It was the Baesil kid.
"Perhaps we should go." Izo whispered to Aria.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
The teacher pulled the two over after class. "Ah, you two." she said in her soft tones, rummaging around in her bag. "I need you to take this and take it to the storage shed on the roof." She handed them a large, black case.

"Sure thing!" Aria said as Izo took the case. They both set off towards the roof, which was two floors above them. The two of them went through the halls to one of the stairways of the building and climbed up until they reached the roof.

As they walked out, a cool breeze met them as they made their way to the shed. "It's so nice up here." Aria commented. Izo put the case inside the shed and was about to head back, but something stopped him. "Perhaps we should go." Izo whispered in Aria's ear. She wondered why and looked around to see the kid known as Baesil.

"Oh, don't be like that, Izo. Maybe we should say hi. Besides, he looks like he's lonely." Aria knew that this kid seemed intimidtaing at times, but what harm could it do to try to be friends? Besides, he's sort of cute in a way... Aria shook her head slightly and stepped toward Baesil. I shouldn't worry about it too much. I like people who are around my age or older. "Umm... Hello there." She bowed slightly. "My name's Aria, and this is my friend Izo."

{OOC - HAHA! Sickness defeated, desu! Now I can (omg finally?) post!}

Baesil's teeth clenched with a click, inaudible over the quiet gusts of wind that frequented the school roofs. He had pointedly ignored the students' presence when they had swung open the door that came from the second level of the school - which was saying something in itself, considering that last time it had opened to admit a congregation of upperclassmen with less-than-decent intentions. He remained where he was, balanced easily on the edge of the chain-link fence meant to serve as a guard rail for idiotic teenagers, sipping his drink and staring very dutifully off into space, even as a murmuring of sound touched his ears. Two sets of footsteps, so two people. And as another, unrestrained voice responded to the first, he confirmed that it was a boy and girl.

He had no interest in the couple's identities, although the female-voice quite politely introduced them, and he took a moment to drain the rest of the liquid from the thin aluminum can in his hands before even acknowledging them. He stopped the first question that rose to his lips as he turned around - they had clearly not come up here with the specific interest in him, although he had heard the distinct opening and shutting of the rooftop storage room.

"What do you want?" He asked instead, turning his head away from the open air just enough so that he could make dull eye contact with the girl who had spoken.

The girl definitely seemed more outspoken than her male friend, who looked quite content with getting away from Baesil and out of this situation as a whole. His dark purple eyes swept dismissively over the boy, who was quite similar to the kind of person that Baesil tended to kick for being so weak-spirited. Quite literally kick, in fact.

The girl seemed more.....fiery? Although that disposition could just as easily be the result of ignorance rather than bravery. Another steady breathe of air ruffled Baesil's loose jacket and wild dark hair, but he left his eyes fixed to the girl's. She had initiated the conversation, so he hoped she had started with something of importance in mind.

{{HUZZAH SHORT POST GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! And yes, desu. |DDDDD Baesil totally sounds like a bully. Although he'd prefer to pick on people 'his own size'.}}

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
"What do you want?" The dark intonations of the boy almost suited his description, but Aria would have none of that. She believed that no one was ever pure good or evil, and that this boy was certainly not evil. He was just a little anti-social in her opinion, though she wasn't about to voice it aloud.

"Well, you just looked so lonely up here, so I decided to say hello. Maybe we can be friends." She smiled pleasantly at Baesil, her emerald eyes glimmering in the sunlight along with her orange-red hair. She was strong and she knew it, and with her best friend Izo here with her, she felt that much stronger.

"I apologize if we bothered you at all. We were just up here because our teacher asked us to do something for her. We noticed you out of the corner of our eye and just decided to say hello." She gave a small bow in his general direction. "If you would like us to leave or stay, just say the word. Either way, I hope you consider hanging out with us sometime. It's a pleasure to meet you... Baesil?" She made it a question, to make sure that the information she had heard was correct.

It was about halfway through the red-haired girl's explanation that Baesil decided that the conversation wasn't worth following, much less responding to. He wished that all the warm hearts and kind souls would put their talents to more rewarding pursuits, rather than wasting both their time and his with their unwanted company. For all the world, this girl appeared to draw her strength from the boy next to her - which might suit her perfectly fine.

Baesil would never willingly position himself where he had to rely upon others - and where others relied upon him. He didn't need help, he didn't give help, and that was that. He didn't care for the idea of his well-being hinging on the well-being of anyone else. Not only did he ignore proffered hands, but he all but slapped them away.

And still there were people like this girl.

"I'm anything but lonely." He assured in a voice as dismissive as though he was speaking to himself and not addressing two fellow classmates. "Maybe you should take more advice from him -"

A jerk of the head towards Izo's figure, and Baesil was using his hands to push himself to his feet. The chain-length fence was hardly the ideal place to stand, but he wasn't one for the 'ideal' anything - he leaped lightly to the ground, soft soles of his shoes making a small thud against the warm concrete. The wind whipped at his hair.

With a glitter of unforgiving violet, he was walking swiftly past the two and descending the linoleum-covered stairs back down to the school's hallway.

"I'll accept your apology this time." He commented coolly over his shoulder, hoping to push the point home.

Not quite sure why he didn't outright threaten them with violence, the raven-haired student searched for a trashcan to toss his aluminum can in. His other hand touched the brilliant crystal at his side before he could jerk it away, and his perpetual frown of indifference momentarily darkened into something more.

It wasn't anywhere near time to be returning to class yet, but Baesil would rather find an abandoned club room than deal with the emotional tuggings of his classmates...

"Tch."

Baesil twitched his head slightly to the side, as if trying to scare a fly out of his mind. It hadn't occurred to him until now that the fiery-haired female on the roof had said something almost identical to...

Halfway down the hall, a miscellaneous upperclassman caught the unusually feral shine in the small figure walking towards him. A pause, and the wild-haired boy's hand was extended, sending a crumpled metallic can zinging neatly into a trach reciprical. The can's path happened to be perhaps an inch away from the innocent kid's face.

The student could almost feel the crumpled can brush his face as it shot by.

Stumbling over himself, he turned around and fled away from Balfour's dark aura. He didn't know what crazy person had prodded Baesil's fire, but he had no intention of getting burned. After all, he had never seen the young high schooler lose his temper....it was always with a calm and untouchable countenance that Baesil would make and/or carry out his threats. He wasn't about to stick around and see how the short and scrawny shadow of death acted when his emotions were getting away from him.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Very anti-social. Aria pursed her lips, and her emerald eyes flickered. She clenched her teeth slightly. I am not going to get mad at some anti-social kid! She turned to Izo, to show him her emotions towards Baesil, and to mix it in with a silent apology. For not listening to you in the first place...

She managed a smile in Baesil's general direction. "All right. We'll leave then, Baesil-san. But if you ever need to talk about anything, or take up my offer, we mostly hang around the main lunch room." She bowed slightly again before turning away and walking towards Izo with a neutral expression plastered on her face.

She gave him a weak smile and bent over to whisper in his ear. "Let's get out of here, Izo. You were right about him." A very slight blush appeared on her cheeks as she threaded her arm around Izo's. I hope you don't hate me for that awkward encounter, Izo. She smiled at Izo again before walking away with him... Away from Baesil.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Izo frowned, Baesil was certainly not the most kind person. Aria showed Izo how irritated she was. He was too for that matter, he didn't like it when people made Aria mad. Gods know what kind life Baesil had to make him so cold. His pompous and elitist nature didn't help matters. Izo wanted so much to plunge into this Baesil person, to see what made him tick, but he figured his own safety came first.

"Let's get out of here, Izo. You were right about him." she whispered in his ear.

He nodded and took her arm and they walked back into the building. He noticed her red face, she must've felt bad. He looked up at her with his eyes. "Don't worry about it." and they walked on, but if they ever met Baesil again it would be too soon.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Aria smiled brighter when she saw the reassuring look in Izo's eyes. They seemed to be telling her not to worry about it... We've always had a strange connection that way. I've always somehow been able to tell what he's thinking, and vice-versa... Her eyes softened considerably, and soon she found herself back in the main lunch room with Izo.

They sat down at their regular table and pulled out their lunches. "You saw my frustration, didn't you, Izo?" She looked almost saddened, her emerald eyes losing their normal glow for a few moments. It was almost as if the happiness had died inside of her. She always hated it when Izo saw her at her worst, but somehow, he always knew just how to calm her down.

"It was all I could do to keep myself from going off on that... kid." She said the last word like it was something poisonous, and her eyes flickered to life again. However, instead of happiness, they were filled with the fire of almost rage. Baesil had really gotten to her. She plopped her head lightly on Izo's shoulder and let her tears of anger run down the sides of her face and onto his shirt. Izo never seemed to mind when Aria broke down on him. It almost made Aria suspicious of Izo's true feelings towards her.

OoC: Much thanks for allowing me to join into the RP =)

BIC:

The lunch room was buzzing with the sound of multiple conversations all happening simultaneously, all forming into one mass of indiscernable noise. All the passers by carrying their food various directions all looking for the table that their group of friends all decided to inhabit that day. Friends were one thing that Vol didn't have the luxury of, he'd always been awkward when approaching new people and ended up sounding stupid. Since he'd started school he'd been seen as a nerd by most other students, and today was no exception. He turned the corner and passed through the doors into the lunch room carrying his bento box and, as always, whichever novel he'd be reading that day. With a lack of friends and a genuine passion for literature, it only seemed right to Vol to read with his free time, seeing as an attempt to 'hang out' would probably just turn out blowing up in his face.

He stood for a few moments in the doorway, looking for a place that he could sit and pretend not to exist. Every once in a while someone would walk past him and make some snide remark about him and he'd turn away from the source of the comment, he wasn't the type to stand up for himself, he didn't like confrontations with others. Not everyone was rude to him, though, some people just chose not to speak to him at all. Some people occasionally asked for help on a homework question, but that was more for the reason that he had the reputation of being intelligent rather than that they were interested in talking to him just for the sake of being friendly. He hadn't a single idea as to how he was considered nerdy, he liked to read and he had gotten good grades for almost his whole life, but he didn't think that that alone was reason enough to think oneself higher than another. If anything wasn't he doing the right thing, preparing himself for a successful life? Of course, he was intelligent and skilled with 'book smarts' but he'd gladly give it up for some adequate people skills.

The deep hazel eyes that scanned the area from behind the lenses of his glasses caught sight of Izo sitting with one of his friends at a table a ways away from where Vol was standing. He had talked to Izo in class before, briefly, and he got the impression that Izo wasn't someone who would seem particularly bothered if Vol used the table if he simply ate his meal and then read his book until the next class began. Maybe Vol might even be able to strike up a conversation with Izo, it was better than getting mocked by the other students that were always ready with an insult. He worked up his courage and decided to go over to the table and casually ask if he could take the available space. Then again, he thought, That girl he's with seems like she's upset, and I wouldn't want to interrupt anything important... The momentum that was building up in him was suddenly gone. He stood in the same spot wasting away his time, busy fighting with his thoughts of doubt. Fine, if you won't do it for any other reason, you have to eat don't you? Just walk over and ask if you can sit down to finish your meal. You don't have to say anything beyond that.

He attempted to carry himself across the room 'nonchalantly' which in turn only made him appear even more awkward. He was leaning his tall six foot frame slightly forward and moving along trying to seem indifferent, letting his his blue-black, medium length hair hang down into his face and readjusting his glasses. He grew ever closer to the table that was his goal. He felt himself becoming more confident when he noticed that they were barely talking, he wouldn't interrupt anything if he was lucky. When he was but a few feet away from his goal, one of the students sitting at the table to his left stuck out his foot and Vol landed flat on his face, but a foot away from Izo and his friend, his entire meal spilled out onto the floor. He dropped his book which slid off under a table a few feet away and then he realized his uniform jacket had been torn on the right shoulder. He must have snagged it on a screw in the table or something, but his mind was elsewhere. I blew it... It was the only thought that crossed his mind. As he picked himself up he looked at Izo and his friend, "I'm terribly sorry," and he turned to leave, rubbing his right cheek that had smacked against the floor.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Aria was upset still. She leaned up against his shoulder and cried tears of anger. Izo wasn't worried about how that looked, everyone knew they were close friends, but nothing more. It was like Izo to support someone in this manner anyway. Being the silent pillar of stone, holding up whatever needed holding up. He was annoyed at Baesil for being so detached, how long before he'd realize he was, in fact, human like everyone else.

Izo silently drank his tea that he bought for himself, he wasn't too hungry. He was sure Aria would be mad at him for not eating anything if she wasn't upset. He had only eaten the slab of toast in the morning after all. He wasn't hungry at all lately. Aria had yelled at him yesterday, and the day before. He felt life becoming silent, like the silence before a storm. Izo hardly told anyone these strange feelings, but someone like Aria could usually tell he was feeling them. He'd seem rather detached himself, and distant. His eyes would be looking at everything yet nothing. Izo was just strange, he'd often tell himself this.

Izo's concentration was broken by a loud crash very close by. He looked and saw Vol, a kid in their class. He had apparently fallen, or, been tripped rather, his food and splattered everywhere. Izo shot a terrible glare at the table of giggling students. "Immature idiots." he thought.

"I'm terribly sorry." he said, looking hopeless and distraught.

Izo shook his head. "No worries." He and Aria helped pick up the mess and Izo invited Vol to sit with them. He grabbed Vol's book and handed it to him. "You can sit at this table any time, you know." he said.

(OoC: I've finally sorted everything out, sorry it took me forever. Slightly edited version of my original draft, as to make sense. Thanks for letting me join!)

"Morimiya-kun! Wake up!" An annoyed voice repeated. This was probably the tenth time she had said it in the past five minutes. The intended receiver of her demands sat on the other side of a beaker, filled with a translucent pink fluid. He was resting his head on his arm, and evidently asleep. "Get UP!!!" The girl repeated, and noticing a possible vulnerability, smacked the arm holding his head up. With a loud thunk, his head hit the table, and he quickly rose it to look around.
"We're still in science?" He asked, notcing the beaker.
"Yes... Now, would you ple-" The girl began, but an electronic buzzer sounded, considered a "bell" by most, and the students instantly filed out from the room.
"Later, Haru! Maybe you should work a bit harder next time!" Morimiya said, gave a mocking salute, and dashed to catch up with his friends. Haru's hazel eyes welled with anger, as she carelessly gathered her things to leave.
"That Morimiya! The raw nerve, carelessness, and overall obnoxious attitude!" Haru rambled, scattering for the door and through the halls. She came to a cafeteria, and barely noticed that she had. Luckily, it actually was lunch period, so she quickly grabbed a few things to eat, and searched for a spot to sit. Seeing Aria and Izo, who she knew were friendly towards her, she made her way towards the table at which they sat. Unfortunately, she chose a bad time to come over, a boy headed in the same general direction as her got tripped. She then saw his face, and noticed it was Vol, one of the few who managed to surpass not only her knowledge, but overall passion for school.
Shooting a nasty look at the person responsible for tripping Vol, Haru gathered what little self-confidence she had, and spoke up. "Ass!" Was all she could manage before quickly losing every bit of bravery she had just gathered, and dashing for a seat, directly next to Aria. The problem was, she already seemed upset enough, so randomly striking up a conversation about how much of a jerk the other kid was didn't seem a logical choice, so she settled for a solemn "Hi guys."

The small, stirring feeling that he didn't know what was happening around him, not really, was one that rarely visited itself upon Baesil. He made it his business to understand his surroundings and control them, to prevent any possibilities from slipping past his judgment.

But...

It had been occurring more often than not, as of late. A small tug in the back of his mind, murmuring that he was missing some crucial piece of information regarding his own life. On its own, such a subconscious prickling would be enough to warrant a raised urge to fight - to distract himself from the curious and helpless sensation. But on top of that feeling, increasing daily, that girl had to come up to the roof - one of the few places he could retreat to and think (or not think at all) in peace - and drag unwanted memories up.

He didn't care for the fact that one one statement...hell, part of a statement, even....was digging into his skin so much. It was his nature to let nothing affect him; to pass calm (if harsh) judgment upon what he saw and not become overly influenced by it.

"...you just looked so lonely..."

A set of bright, uncharacteristically agitated indigo eyes swept over the cafeteria. The room was alive with activity, buzzing and shifting as students milled about. Several of the tables were taken by various groups - some eating their own lunches, some with the school-bought food, and others with notebooks or other miscellaneous objects strewn out in front of them. The dull roar of overlapping conversations dragged against Baesil's already frayed nerves - his face stayed inexplicably impassive. His school jacket hung loosely from his shoulders, untouched by the normal jostling of students brushing past each other.

Most students knew to give the small character a wide berth. A very wide berth, seeing as the dark-haired foreigner tended to strike first and questions not-at-all when he was crowded.

He wasn't sure why he was standing, all relaxed posture and and calm features and fear-invoking aura, at the threshold to his least-favorite place in the building. Not, at least, until he watched one boy (sporting an unfriendly smirk) effectively sent another (this one with all the presence of a hunted animal) tumbling onto the tiled linoleum floor. He studied the scene, air of tense embarrassment and all, with vague disinterest. However, he was moving already, a rather icy grin of his own spreading across his face. The crowd of students parted - a good idea on their part - as he moved unhesitatingly towards the group of students that found the quiet student's incident all-too hilarious. Balfour's smile, however small, tended to mean someone else was about to find themselves less-than-happy.

He paid no heed to whatever had happened to the tripped boy - it didn't matter particularly to him. His attention zeroed itself in on the laughing face of the other boy. Effectively channeling all his distress and conflicted feelings into the unaware figure, Baesil approached the rectangular table in several smooth, quick-paced strides. He didn't wait - the boy's face was half-turned to him when it was met by the sole of the indigo-eyed boy's shoe. An unhealthy crunch shot from the Japanese boy's face - a broken nose maybe - before he toppled gracelessly to the floor.

Baesil's smile evaporated until it was a ghost, annoyed by the pathetic figure now squirming on the floor in front of him. He crossed his arms loosely over his narrow chest and supressed the sigh of frustration that seemed to be building up in his throat.

"Please refrain from wasting cafeteria food in the future." He suggested in as quiet and airy a voice as ever.

He studied the wailing schoolmate for another moment, before his eyes instinctively caught on a flash of red hair amongst the dark colors.

Her.

Again.

Before he could stop it, he took a small step backwards from her - and despite being able to turn it into an abrupt pivot, away from the mass of students trying not to get too close to him, the fact that she had unknowingly caused him such reactions was.....irksome.

Baesil retreated up towards the roof he had only recently vacated, dark eyes flashing with annoyance and a rather childlike confusion. If he skipped out on a class or two, it wasn't like he would fall behind. And a nap, sunbathing where he wouldn't be bothered, was too tempting.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Aria wiped some of the tears form her face to look angrily at the person who had tripped Vol. She heard Morimiya yell "Ass!" to the boy, but it was all Aria could do to keep herself from getting up and doing more.

She helped Izo clean up the mess that had been created, and Izo invited Vol to sit with them. Aria smiled for a mere few moments before turning her head back to the laughing group of assholes nearby.

Then, his figure stepped in front of her line of sight. Baesil... His indigo eyes were blank and icy, and he had a small smile on his face. She watched in awe as Baesil lifted his foot in one quick motion to smash into the nose of the boy who had tripped Vol.

The boy fell to the floor, whining as blood trailed down his face and onto the floor. She looked back up to those emotionless, violet eyes, and they turned to meet her emerald ones. Something passed over his face then that was indestiguishable, before he quickly turned to move away from her. A slow smile spread over her face. There may be hope for him yet.

"Thank you," Vol said as he placed himself next to Izo at the table, he felt himself turning red with embarrassment. He'd have rather no one made a fuss on his behalf, and from the looks of Izo and his friend, they were both upset as it was and this incident wasn't helping. "Please, don't bother getting upset over it, it's fine." He didn't know what else to say as they had shown him that kindness, and even helped clean up the mess that should have been his responsibility.

He heard a new voice call "Ass!" toward the group that was still chuckling at his expense. Then the source of the voice approached the table, and she said a quick hello and joined them at the table. Seeing as Vol had just dropped his lunch, he had little more to do than look from face to face at the table, "Umm, I almost forgot, I don't think we've officially met," He was addressing the entire table, he'd never had a real conversation with anyone at the table, "I'm Vol, nice to me--"

Vol didn't even notice that he'd stopped mid-sentence, he just felt something strange and he turned his head toward the table that the student who tripped him had been sitting at. He turned just in time to see Baesil approach the table and make contact with the boys face with his foot, all in one smooth movement. The boy fell to the ground with a loud crack, he was writhing in pain on the floor. Baesil made some remark about wasting food, Vol hardly heard a word, but then it seemed something bothered Baesil and he was leaving as quickly as he'd come. Vol looked at the student in pain on the floor and then at Baesil as he left the lunch room, there was nothing that frightened him more than the unpredictable violence that seemed to eminate from Baesils very being.

And then as if awakening from a dream, or a nightmare, he turned back to everyone at the table and simply said, "Nice to meet you." But the back of his mind was still lingered on the mystery surrounding Baesil.