• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Arkanera, A Region Based on Arkansas: Help Thread (if you want to)

So many people want to help me with my new region, Arkanera. (Thanks @RenzFlintrock for the name) So I made this thread! I want stuff that says Arkansas. I want to see what you bring to the table about my state! I want to hear your ideas so then I can get this region finished by Sword and Shield's release date. I already have the starters, early bird, and normal rodent planed. I also have the regional cat and dog too. The professor has been chosen and the starter town (Nvda Town). If you have any suggestions for fakemon, gyms, towns, or anything like that, let me know here.
Thank you,
PlayfulFox47​

So, I know that don't live in Arkansas, but is difficult to find one that live in Arkasas, the electric rodent can be a gerbil. He can go so fast and produce energy with its hind legs and then he attack with a Thunderbolt, for example. What do you think?

While the idea is a very good one, gerbils are found naturally in Asia and Africa. However, I will keep this in mind. For electric rodents, I want it to be native to Arkansas.

Well, I was seeing a beaver before the idea of the gerbil, but a Electric/Water Bibarel? I dunno. A rabbit... It's a good idea but the hares have more energy, you know, energy=electricity

Well, I think about that:
IMG_20190614_172235.jpg

Obviously is for you to get an idea.

Yes, I do... I'll probably come up with my own name... We do not have hares in Arkansas, only rabbits. As for the designs, they are really good, although I might tweak them to fit in with the rest of the Pokemon in Arkanera. I really want to play with a ground/electric type for the rodent... So maybe a shrew, ground squirrel, or muskrat
(BTW the art is amazing! Love it a lot!)

So I paint them and I love Herbbic
IMG_20190614_175439.jpg

I think that you can do a rabbit based on Hermes and then have an evolution with wings or something related to energy

Looks amazing! But, like I said, I'm now playing with the ground-electric Pikaclone. Also, I kinda want stuff to reference Native American Tribes. Arkansas is named after a tibe (Quapaw) Professor Osage is named after a tree that was named after a tribe, so I'm honoring two tribes at once right now. I may not have Native Americain blood, but I want to show off what was here before the settlers came in. I just love my state and it's history! I love my country.

Well, they can have a special move, Copytype, it copy the type of the rival Pokémon if one of your Pokémon that is in your team has a voice move

It really depends...new types are difficult to make because you have to work out whether they make other types too weak, themselves too weak, or the opposite. You also have to put thought to the fact that some pokemon should be the new type you are creating. Also, new types usually have a defining trait that people know them for, so you will have to think of that as well.

So I think it would be a wonderful idea, however they are difficult to manage, so if you do then I hope it goes well!

I also suggest that you record all the information on your new region, if you already haven't. If you have, it could be helpful to post it as some of your work on this website so that we can use it as a reference, @PlayfulFox47

I suspect you could also decide to do some artwork, maybe even team up with someone such as @Umbreon06

Last edited:
Ok, here is what I got so far...
The starting town is Nvda Town, the professor's name is Professor Osage. She studies on how Pokemon acted before the settlers came. The three starters are Snapchel, the snaping pokemon (Fire); Fawnling, the small fawn pokemon (Grass), and Name In Progress (Water snake). I have more, but I need to find my notes again...

Hmm... Let me brainstorm names for the water starter: (I will edit more in soon, these are just off the top of my head.)

• Writhinse (As in Writhe and Rinse)? Writhet (As in Writhe and Wet? Writhosh (As in slosh, splash etc.)? Wripple (As in Writhe and Ripple)?
  • Flowfang?
  • ____
(Let me see. Maybe also put it up as written work so that if (and when) the discussion gets long the information is not so difficult to track amongst the conversation.)

Well, that's sound well. But, what thpe of name is Snapchel? It sound like Pokémon Snap, I don't want a fire starter could having memes like that, Fawnling is the best name of the three, I think