• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Be Yourselves

Hey Charms, Ski here.

I needed to talk to you guys about something. This is not something that I thought I would ever have to post, but I feel that I need to due to recent events.

As most of you know, there was a series of tragedies the last few months. Most of them in the United States. In the US alone, we had attacks in Las Vegas, New York, and recently Texas. I express my condolences to everybody that was affected by these tragedies.

Charms, I need to let you know something: You can't let these attacks affect how you live your life. If you go through your life constantly worrying about shootings or terrorist attacks, you won't be able to fully live your life.

Love each other. Go to fun places with your tamily. Don't be afraid to express what you believe in. Do everything normal. You guys need to live out your lives. Constantly worrying about tragedies occurring only gives you more of a burden to bare and could even lead to paranoia or anxiety.

A terrorists job isn't just to kill people. It's to scare the country they are attacking as much as possible. And if we can't go about our lives without anxiety about tragedies, then they win. I'm not saying to not he scared whenever there's a tragedy. You may say that it is scary, and you're darn right it is! I'm scared! But what I'm saying is to not let the fear lead your life in the wrong direction.

Don't change anything about you. You are all amazing people whether you realize it or not. Thank you for being such an amazing community.

-Ski