• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Boku no Hero Academia RP

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
It was a few days prior of the entrance exams for UA Academy, the top hero academy where students learn to become pro heroes. All sorts of pro heroes have went through the academy to get where they are now such as the Symbol of Peace: All Might ,and the current No.1 Hero: Deku. Throughout each generation, it's been rarer to see a breed with no quirk. The world currently has about 90% of quirks and 10% quirkless.

Taeguk woke up from his bed and stared at the calendar across his bed, like he does every morning. It's only a few more days until the entrance exams for UA Academy. Taeguk quickly grabbed his phone to check what time it is and his daily dose of social media. Fifteen minutes passed before the lad finally stumbled out of his bed and did his daily morning routine. Living alone, as his parents are currently out abroad, the half golden blonde, half ash grey haired male locked his household's door and went on his merry way to somewhere secluded so he can train more for his entrance exam at UA. If he was going to make it, he's going to need more training.

-last night-
Kato stood before a crowd of her friends in her house. "Let's party!" She screamed, the speakers located on her hands amplified her voice a great deal. Putting on a pair of headphones, the sound from the tape was sent right to the girls hands. "Yea!" The party went on for hours more.
-Present day-
Kato rolled out of her bed, sore all over. "Morning me." She said to test her voice. Like Kato thought, it was raspy. A side effect from overuse of her quirk. She was still wearing the clothes from last night, but didn't feel up to changing yet. The girl walked over to a mirror in her room. Popping some cough drops into her mouth, Kato observed her body stature. "Pretty good." Already, her voice was coming back, but not enough for serious training with the quirk. Instead, Kato got changed and made her way outside. On her way, she picked up her wallet to get some breakfast on her jog. "I'm heading out!" Kato called out to her parents, the girls voice cracking slightly. With that, she bolted outside and on the sidewalk.

"Now then, what shall I do today to pass the time?"

Hiro sat on the edge of a roof top of some local bakery, having been deep in through on how to pass the time given the U.A. Entrance Exam was but a couple days away. Hiro considered either pulling a prank on his old junior high school, or going to take a stroll around town but nothing seemed to inspire him yet.

However, that changed when he glanced at the awning just below him as well as a street lamp ahead of him on the sidewalk and had a grin on his face.

"Alright, time to see if I can pull off that trick. Might be useful for the Entrance Exam. Whatever that may be." Hiro said to himself as he would jump from the roof as he bounced off the awning forward before he took a deep breath.

"Snot Slingshot!" Hiro called out as two streams of mucus shot forward from his nostrils and managed to stick to the light. With that, Hiro actually swung across from one side of the road to the other with a big grin on his face.

"Holy cow it worked! I can swing around, that is gonna be so cool to show of..."

However, Hiro's comment was cut off as he ended up slamming his own body against the wall given he was too focused on the excitement of pulling the "trick" off that he failed to notice where he had swung himself towards. The mucus retracted as Hiro slid down and flopped on the sidewalk across from the bakery with a dazed, pain-filled look on his face.

"Ow..."

Kato jogged down the side walk over to a nearby bakery for breakfast, stopping when a boy seemed to be doing a trick. Mucus? She thought when the person launched a string of snot and attached it to the lightpost. Kato began to clap, but as the kid launched himself into the wall before her, the clap was stopped. "You alright?" She asked in her raspy voice. It was only slightly raspy, but the weakness was evident still.

It was a bit tricky to process the words of the girl, but soon enough Hiro had recovered enough to make out the girl was asking if he was okay. Hiro made it to his feet and had a big grin, as he tried to play it cool in spite of being wobbly for a moment.

"Y-yeah, I think so. Really inconsiderate to put that building there though. Man that trick would have been cool without it in the way." Hiro said, as he tried to play it off as a joke while he tried to hide the pain before he gave a friendly grin.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Michiko had been on a jog down the sidewalk, though it appeared more of a spring, with the intent to try and find a less public location to get some training done before the U.A. Initiation Exam. Michiko knew this was a defining moment for her, as an acceptance into the U.A. would put her on the path to becoming a future pro.

Michiko was determined to make the most of her opportunity, however, her focus was broken as she saw someone else walking along the opposite direction and became naturally curious. Though Michiko failed to slow herself down in time

"Hey look out!" Michiko said to the individual, Taeguk, not that she knew his name as she tried to slow herself down but knew she would not be able to stop her momentum in time so it would be up to the guy to avoid a collision.

Hatch had spent hours playing game in his room. Its not because he was lazy, but because there was a group of people that he didn't want to meet.

He peeked outside his window, his room was on the second floor so he could see them clearly. A group of student wearing black t-shirt with some pretentious print about death and skull in front of it, they were hanging out in the kid's playground oppesite of his house. They call themself The Jackals, the delinquents from the school nearby, apparently they want to defeat him and 'steal' his 'teritory'. Now that he was out of that kind of activity, he found these stealing teritory thing very dumb. Remembering it made him embarassed of himself so he just shut the window and continue to play games.

Kato slowly shook her head from side to side. Clearing her through, "You don't lie well." Kato simply said. That was sufficient for the interaction. "By the look of that mucus, your quirk is super sneeze?" She knew that wasn't what it was called, but the insulting way she put it kinda made it seem weak and useless. "Watch out Tissue Man, your arch nemesis is coming!" She said in an anouncer voice, activating her speakers to boost the effect. Kato's voice became much clearer than before.

Hiro had an eyebrow raised at the way the girl's voice seemed to change, becoming clearer as she made the Tissue Man jab. Which was something that he took offense at to a degree.

"The name for it happens to be Mucus Materialization. And I can see you are just so impressed with it." Hiro replied, as he spoke with natural sarcasm as the girl's jabs seemed to cause more of a blow than having crashed into a wall.

Okay that was an exaggeration, but none the less he soon gave the girl a big grin.

"So what's your Quirk anyway? Cause so far what I've seen is you are a walking speaker which I'm sure will just have villains shaking in their boots." Hiro replied, as he felt it was only fair to take a joking jab at her Quirk since she had done the same with his.

Ugh...
Ryū was sinking further into his soft bed once he realized that his days of sleeping in were over. Much to his dismay, he got up, brushed his fangs, and got dressed. His parents got him to go to the U.A initiation ceremony. They wanted more students with mutation quirks represented, them being the smallest group of quirk-users in Japan alone (them being dragon and goat mutations alone) He has to also cut a hole in his boxers and his pants because of Reptar. “I guess I have to get training in...nah, I’d rather just go to the bakery.” He already envisioned himself finishing the red velvet cake.

He stepped outside, and had been walking for minutes before he stepped onto a street across from the local bakery, where he usually got a heap of pastries in the morning to make him less tired and satisfy his stomach. No sooner did he walk on the sidewalk did something wet land on his cheek. He sniffed it, and instantly realized what it was.

“Snot...? This place is getting slightly more disgusti-“
He watched as a figure flew past on a street lamp and hit a wall.
And...now he’s conversing with a girl. No, she’s definitely mocking him. Probably not on purpose.

Kato’s quirk noticeably annoyed him more than the mucus-kid’s, because of his sensitive ears. He mustered up enough courage to walk towards them, as he could easily have a go at either of their abilities. Mid walk, He chickened out and passed by them, almost scraping shoulders with Hiro. He couldn’t even say excuse me before he walked into the bakery and sat at the window, watching their conversation continue.

Kato's grin was unwavered by the speaker comment. "Plug your ears mucus man." She said lifting one arm up from the ground. Ready? She asked herself. Drop the base. Kato gave herself basic commands to focus the blast into a tight containment. Releasing the sound almost as speech, the wave of sound came to the speaker located on her right hand, the one raised.
From the speaker came a deep bass beat. The air above it wrippled like water when something is dropped into it. A low rumble came from the speaker. Kato knew this wasn't as impressive as the snot rocket, but she soon turned up the level. Before doing so, Kato put on a pair of noise canceling headphones. She brought up the tone of the blast to an extremely high level causing a loud screech to erupt from the speaker. From inside the headphones it was still hearable, causing Kato to wonder how loud it was from the other end.

Rem woke up to the piercing sound of her alarm clock singing her favourite song “ugh morning already?” Rem groaned before getting herself out of her bed and putting her favourite outfit on and walked out of her bedroom and down the stairs of her house where she grabbed a smoothie that was left out for her as well as her bag and walked out the front of her house where she put on a pair of roller skates and began to skate down her driveway and onto the sidewalk where she continued skating every so often taking a sip of her smoothie

Ryoji "Red" Tsubasa laid sprawled out across his bed, with his limbs sticking out erratically, and his blanket around his left leg. Escaping his lips was a soft snoring noise as he lay there, peaceful and asleep. His parents had been off in the UK for the past few months, mainly as they were dealing with the creation of a new product for their brand and other various reasons, with dealing with the British chains of their companies across the country. So he was stuck in Japan, leaving him unattended. So Red did what any exhausted teenage boy would do, when there was no parents around and it was the summer. Sleep in.

His cat, Lucky, had different opinion on things as he crept into the boy's room, and looked at his asleep owner. The cat was hungry and he needed Red to feed him. The cat quickly lumbered onto the bed, and sat on Red's chest. And with claws out, he quickly scratched Red's face.

"Yowch!" The boy yelled getting up quick;y, and knocking Lucky off of him. "Okay, I'm up!" he shouted rubbing his face. "And fine, I'll feed you, you little butt-head." The boy, clad in boxers and a tank-top wandered out of his room, and into the kitchen of the apartment. He pulled out Lucky's food from one of the cabinets and bent down to pour it into the cat's food dish. Lucky quickly scurried into the room, and shoved his face ino the bowl, chowing down.

Red made his way into the bathroom for a shower, and change of clothes. But before doing so, he turned on the coffee pot and poured in the water, so that it would be ready by the time he came out.
--
Red sat at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee and an apple, while looking at a laptop that was open in front of him. He was now dressed in jeans, and a red tank-top, that revealed his somewhat muscular arms. He chewed up another bite from his apple, before standing up and closing the laptop's lid. It was time to hit the gym. He finished his coffee and place it in the dishwasher, before making his way towards the door. He grabbed his duffel bag that laid beside it, and made his was out the door, locking it behind him.

The entrance exam was growing closer and closer, to the point Red was feeling butterflies simply thinking about it. But that didn't matter. He needed to work out, grab breakfast, and then cram for his exams. And then maybe he could go see a movie to relax. But he had priorities.

In a flash, Hiro had placed his hands over his own ears in an effort to block out this....ear splitting noise that came from the girl as her speaker-like Quirk had proved quite effective in putting Hiro on edge as well as in a state of major discomfort.

Good lord...it's like there's an alarm stuck inside my head! This is the worst!

Hatch peaceful gaming time had been interupted by a sudden loud sound, it seens coming from a few block away but still.

Who the heck play their speaker this loud. Police, do your work!

Or... Oh! Hatch peeked outside. The punks seems bothered by the sound. C'mon, c'mon, go to that sound. Unfortunately for him, The Jackal seemed content to wait there until the day end. Ehh, guess he would just continue gaming here then, with earplugs of course.

Kato grinned, willing the noise to end. To stop the sound, the girl made a one hand clap, sending a loud clap sound and echo through block.
"Still think it's villans will only shake? Three waves up and your ears would blead. Another 20 and you get hearing loss. Go beyond, death by sound." Kato said, stating facts about sound she's been memorizing and practicing. Even with the headphones on, she can hear clearly through them, but even so she removed the muffs.

It took a moment for the ringing noise to exit Hiro's ears, but once it had Hiro faced Kato with a bit of a grin on his face.

"I see...really impressive. Still though doesn't give you the right to to blow off my own Quirk. No pun intended...." Hiro said as he had only realized the word play in connection with his Quirk moments after he had made the statement.

Rem was roller skating down the street when she happened to notice a high pitched sound coming from further down the street “well for once something interesting might be happening” Rem said to herself before putting a lid on her smoothie, placing it in their bag and using her quirk to send nitrogen into her legs so when she began to skate she shot of at extra fast speeds. After a minuet of skating Rem arrived at the source of the sound where she saw two kids her age, Rem shifted her skates and she began to skid before stopping next to the two kids “hey, were any of you the one who made that sound?” Rem asked the two

Kato groaned. "Nobody likes a pun." She said that casually, half meaning it. Deciding to mess with him a little. "You know, snot would gross out a villain before stopping him." She just had to try a leg pull. And then in complete seriousness, "You heading for UA?"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Taeguk was snapped from the focus of getting to a more, secluded area, upon hearing the voice from a girl around his age...said girl was charging forward and in her momentum was unable to stop herself. Soon enough, both would collide as Michiko and Taeguk fell on their rear ends. Michiko took a moment to shake the cobwebs before the gravity of what she had done as she quickly got on her feet.

"S-sorry! I was just jogging and I guess I went a bit too fast and didn't pay attention to where I was going. My bad." Michiko said as she extended a hand to the downed Taeguk, who after he had cleared his own cobwebs, accepted it as Michiko helped Taeguk to his feet. Taeguk dusted himself off before he offered a small smile.

"Nah, it's okay. Still though that seemed pretty fast for a "jog" don't you think?" Taeguk asked as Michiko gave a sheepish grin.

"Well, when I get going it's sometimes hard to stop myself." Michiko replied with a nervous chuckle.

Hiro folded his arms over his chest and had an eager grin on his face at her question.

"Why yes I am, and once I pass the entrance exam I will be one step closer to being a pro." Hiro said with some excitement before he glanced over at a newcomer, a girl who seemed to have skated here as she asked who was responsible for the noise. Hiro had been quick to jab a thumb at Kato.

"That would be her." Hiro said in reference to Kato who he had not know by name to this point.

Kazuyo sat on his bed's side, performing wrist-curls with a 15kg dumbbell. He only made it a few reps in before stopping, however. It seemed the young man wasn't in the mood that day. He was anxious about the entrance exams, and conceptions of any strength-related quirks bummed him out of weight training. He began running to trim down some of his excess body fat, but recently he learned that an extra layer was essential in keeping his quirk functioning well. So, he ate more food to compensate. He gripped the dumbbell tightly and lifted it one more time, and after a moment the thick steel handle began to glow, first as a dark red and then gradually brightening into a bright orange before bending downward, succumbing to the weights at its sides. Kazuyo cooled it down-- along with his own temperament-- before putting it down and getting up and heading downstairs for some breakfast.

He yawned as he held a pan with both hands, heating it up as he boiled some eggs. "Who needs a stove? Not me, hahaa!" Just then he heard an odd feminine voice from outside. He strolled over to the window to see nothing. Apparently the source was quite a distance away.

"Man." Kazuyo exclaimed as he plopped a sloppily-boiled egg into his mouth. "And I though I was annoying. Just my generation, I guess." He had no way to know for sure if it was a kid making the racket, but it sure sounded like it.

Katsuo slammed several straight punches into the large black punching bag that hung from a tree branch, the final punch kicking the bag up into the air a great distance. The boy exhaled slowly as he relaxed his arms, a tight burning sensation running through them. "Huff...well...id say that about does it for physical training..." Katsuo trailed off as he leaned down, picking up a smooth flat stone that had caught his eye and turning towards the small circular pond by nearby. "....now lets do something a little more fun." He finished, tossing the rock with a quick flick of the wrist. The stone skipped across the water several times before slowly coming to a stop, sitting on the surface of the water rather than sinking. "Well...it appears to work with the rock, here goes nothing!" The young hero cheered as his jumped feet first towards the deep blue pond.

Last edited:
Kato grinned as the person skated up. "Yea, it was me. Like it?" She made it sound like it was great with the tone of her voice. Since her hands were shut, no noise came out. "So, I'm going in there for breakfast. Wanna join?" She asked waiting for no answer. Kato already made her way for the door.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Taeguk was snapped from the focus of getting to a more, secluded area, upon hearing the voice from a girl around his age...said girl was charging forward and in her momentum was unable to stop herself. Soon enough, both would collide as Michiko and Taeguk fell on their rear ends. Michiko took a moment to shake the cobwebs before the gravity of what she had done as she quickly got on her feet.

"S-sorry! I was just jogging and I guess I went a bit too fast and didn't pay attention to where I was going. My bad." Michiko said as she extended a hand to the downed Taeguk, who after he had cleared his own cobwebs, accepted it as Michiko helped Taeguk to his feet. Taeguk dusted himself off before he offered a small smile.

"Nah, it's okay. Still though that seemed pretty fast for a "jog" don't you think?" Taeguk asked as Michiko gave a sheepish grin.

"Well, when I get going it's sometimes hard to stop myself." Michiko replied with a nervous chuckle.
"It's fine," Taeguk said. "Really." The male fixed his hair, as it is now a mess after that fall. "Anyway's I got to get going.." Taeguk claimed as he began walking towards a a mini forest of sorts. Taeguk tries to remember his direction through the forest, though it wasn't going to be hard as he was going to this area everyday after his high school graduation. UA Academy is going to be tough to go into after all, better train when you have the chance to. Taeguk broke his train of thought as he realized the girl he bumped to was just staring him down. "I got to train for UA Entrance Exams," Taeguk informed the girl, in case she was wondering where the male was going, though there really shouldn't be a reason on telling a stranger your whereabouts. "Well, I'll see you around?" Taeguk asked awkwardly, unsure if he even was going to meet this stranger. and continued through the patch of trees.

Rem turned to the girl who Hiro pointed at as she admitted that it was her “wow really! That’s some awesome power!” Rem said as her tone became more exited” I could hear you from back at my place and it’s a pretty long way to my place” Rem said complimenting the girls quirk before remembering what Hiro said about UA, Rem turned back to face Hiro “hey you mentioned the UA entrance exams” Rem said calming her voice down a little “are you two planning to apply for UA?” Remasked them.

Kato rubbed her eyes. "Yea, I think I am. It's in a few days, right?" She asked. Honestly, Kato wasn't impressed with her show of quirk. May they be surprised at the entrance exam. "You going as well?" She asked. She probably is, so why ask? To strike a conversation. Kato thought to herself.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
"Training you say?" Michiko asked before she saw the guy as he began to walk away, and quickly made a motion to follow him.

"H-hey wait! I was also planning to train for the U.A. Entrance Exam!" Michiko clarified as she made it next to Taeguk.

"C-can I train with you? I think having a partner would only improve our efforts and would better both our chances of getting accepted. Though that is up to you." Michiko asked, as she liked the idea of having a partner to practice with but she had to concede it was asking a lot of a guy she had literally just bumped into. So she would leave it up to him.

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
"Uhh," Taeguk said, sounding astonished. Why would a stranger suddenly want to hang and train with him, with the added note of that, again, they were complete strangers. "Sure, I guess?" taeguk said, a bit unsure of his decision. "But if we are going to train, we may need to know each other's quirks." Taeguk pointed out. His quirk was Thunderstorm, thus a good training ground for him would be a plain or some sort of clearly. Mainly driving away from anything that could be lit and flammable. Now that would be a bad situation. "So anyways," Taeguk continued on. "My training area may not suite your quirk, so maybe we should go somewhere more compatible?"

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Michiko overheard Taeguk as he mentioned the importance of knowing each other's Quirks so that they could find a good area to train. One that would not be a burden on the other. Michiko nodded, she thought that sounded reasonable.

"I see, well then my Quirk is Territory. Is basically transforms my body into a rock-solid one, pun intended and gives me manipulation of the Earth beneath me. Though using it for too long or going too far with it eats at my stamina." Michiko said, as she had no issues sharing her Quirk with Taeguk as she waited for him to do the same.

Hiro had simply decided to watch as Kato and Rem exchanged small talk as he himself was curious whether the new girl, Rem, was gonna partake in the Entrance Exam. Though in truth, based on Kato's earlier comment, he also had another thought in mind.

Man...I could use something to eat!