• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Bros Ultimate (Paused)

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Aegiomon

"Huh? Wait a second-!"

Annnnnd she was off. There was no point in stopping her. Something told him that she wouldn't shake off her path no matter what he told her. But...someone had to watch her back to make sure she didn't get into too much danger.

Nodding in his own resolve, Aegiomon leaped after her, his hooves making him go faster than a typical boy would. Hope this isn't a mistake.

Masaru

Oof.

The spike of pain met the boy as he had fell off from the platform and through the door. The stinging of blood vessels and the cringing shut eyes being the only things his mind was on in the moment.

Geez...that's the last time I listen to old demon hags.

Now that the pain and shock had faded, Masaru rose to his feet. Welp. I can't see too well. Better get somewhere light might shine through-

"Huh?"

There was a scuttling. But it stopped when he turned toward it. There...was something here. And judging from what that guy Howard dealt with, it prolly wasn't human. With a gulp, Masaru decided to hastily power walk toward his destination, trying not to look back as if that would stop it from coming closer.

Okay...just keep going. Keep your eyes down...nothing will pop out and scare ya. Heroes don't get s-scared.

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums

Aegislash gave the nord a nod before flying out of hiding, drawing the soldier’s fire as blast after blast whizzed by the Pokémon. He left a blue trail behind as he moved, edges of his body glowing white before the Royal Sword suddenly closed in with a slash, but the soldier was a little faster than anticipated, ducking behind the pedestal he stood on before Aegislash could make contact.

Store Ruins

Both soldiers were quiet, no doubt processing the stangers' words. After what felt like a minute...

"So be it," the male spoke, putting his weapon down. "If what you say is true, I have no qualms with joining you. I don't want to fight for this... twisted institute. Not anymore."

"Wait, are you serious?" The female retorted, putting her blaster down as well, turning to face her companion. "After all that we've been through, you're calling it quits?"

"I want another chance. To fight against Sumeragi. I want---guh...!"

The soldier suddenly dropped to a knee, body trembling, clutching his head as if it was threatening to split apart. The other soldier rushed to his side, clearly concerned. Something was very wrong.

"What's going on?! C'mon, talk to me!"

Nary a moment passed before a burst of flames emerged from the soldier's body, engulfing his partner, casting a bright light throughout the hallway. Crimson flames swirled around the man, who let out a roar before unleashing a fiery cyclone in the heroes' direction.

Copen
A surface elevator. That was his ticket out.

Another six creatures now stood in his way, the Luminous Avenger iX taking note of the new faces; three avian-like foes that wielded plasma pistols and energy shields, protecting their body and most of the taller Brutes. Without any EX Weapons at his disposal, getting past them would be more difficult than usual, not to mention his ranged options were limited.

Copen took off with a burst of speed, thrusters helping him sprint to his right, making a wide turn around the group of enemies. His aim was to draw their fire, making use of his speed to prevent shots from connecting, but also reposition to allow him to reach the Brutes without the Jackals getting in the way. Once he got to a good enough spot, the cyborg would use a Bullit Dash to fly into one of the Brutes and apply a tag, after which he would immediately bounce off. Homing buzzsaws would be fired from the Razor Wheel as long as the tag was active, giving Copen himself room to focus on incoming attacks and get a better understanding of his foes' capabilities.

Kirin & Gunvolt

“I’ve never seen a completely sentient robot before…” Kirin commented in response to Metabee’s words. Even with all the advancements humanity had made regarding technology and Septima research, it seemed true AI was still out of their reach.

“Well, I’m an Adept with the Radiant Fetters Septima, which lets me seal the Septima of others,” she spoke. “Er, Septima are a basically a kind of psychic power, by the way. GV here is an Adept too, but his power got a little out of control, and he ended up like this after I sealed him.”

“We still don’t know exactly what caused this transformation. Hopefully we’ll find a way to get me back to human form permanently while keeping my Septima under control.”

“Aww, but you’re way cuter in this form…”​

Last edited:

Mercurymon

Egad.

Mercurymon held up his shield defensively just in case this sudden...fire went awry. By the sweetest summer dawn, what on earth is this? If this is their leader's doing, then it is a much more impressive one than I hath previously entertained.

Sure enough, bad became worse. A fire cyclone raged in their direction. As Mercurymon braced, the fire cyclone was halfway absorbed in his mirror. He couldn't completely cover the height of the cyclone, which bellowed over him, causing some minor damage to the upper parts of his body which were too close to the fire. The warrior, steam coming from his metal, grumbled, devising a plan.

The man hath obtained greater power than before. One cannot simply throw fire back at fire, I do not believe that would be effective. A pity...looks as if I am out of my element here.

Turning to his Allies for support, he called to them.

"Perhaps some assistance would make this matter solved quickly."

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d

Fjorrd the Crusher

——City Slums [Sumeragi Campaign]——

Fjorrd watched, narrowing his eyes as Slash moved in, perfectly as he'd envisioned it to work. With a bound, the nord leaped over his cover, kicking off of it to launch himself toward their foe the moment Slash took a swipe at their opponent. Pulling an arm back, Fjorrd thrust it out to blast forward a few spikes of magically-conjured ice projectiles, each about a foot in length, and traveling at equal speed to the man's own projectile shots.

Once the distance was closed, the dragonborn made to cleave the man in half with a brutal slash of his frost axe.

Tali'Zorah nar Rayya vas Normandy

——Unknown Underground Cavern [Eggpire Campaign]——

Her discomfort found its way worming back into her mind at Kirin's fascination with "sentient robots", but thankfully the girl and her canine companion changed the topics to their own character. "Adepts" they called themselves. Adept at what, she wondered? Septima? Radiant Fetters? Foreign words and concepts to the well-traveled Quarian, but she had to assume that her own identity and culture would be just as alien to them as theirs were to her. She'd been to far many places throughout the galaxy to think otherwise.

"Is Adept what your species is called?" Tali pondered aloud, still guiding them via her omni-tool. "If that is so, I am from a race called Quarians. We have to wear these suits to protect our immune systems, as living on sterile ships for 300 years has greatly weakened our ability to fight off microbes and bacteria."

—————————THE BANISHED CAMPAIGN—————————

MISSION ONE (B) - TRIVIAL

——UAC Research Facility Prometheus——

Fortunately, nothing made to stop Masaru along his hasty journey toward the source of light he'd seen. Once close enough, it was clear that the aforementioned stop was truth, as it was a transit station, as small as the one he'd departed from earlier, and like the other transit station, there was a large glass door separating him from another part of the facility. The rails came to a stop just a few feet beyond the station, two bracers set up to try and catch the car if it started to roll, but would have been obliterated if Masaru hadn't stopped it. A stone wall was what lay beyond it, officially confirming an end to that direction.

The sound of scuttling remained, and just as before, would stop if he turned in its direction. Even with the added benefit of light, whatever it was remained hidden. It was likely that entering the facility would leave this thing behind, as it seemed keen on staying out of the light.

The room beyond the door presented itself as a boxed room with three entryways into other parts of the facility. One led to another stairwell on the left, the center path seemed to open up into some type of cafeteria, and the path to the right extended into total darkness. It was difficult to tell where it would lead.

MISSION ONE (C) - TRIVIAL

——Banished Outpost Gau'lgerrk——

The Jackals turned their body with Copen's movement, continuing to provide themselves cover—but leaving their Brute companions more exposed than before. Bolts of plasma whizzed after the Adept Slayer, but he managed to keep ahead of it. His Bullit Dash saw him zip toward the nearest Brute, who snarled as Copen kicked off, the alien's fist swinging through the open air, missing the human by inches.

The Razor Wheel's next attack too place, buzzsaws bursting forth to hone in on the Brute, whose snarl turned into a grunt of confusion. He swung his arm, swatting it against one of the saws as it lodged deep into his gauntlet. The second plunged against the armor of his chest, embedding there, but the Brute didn't seem to be quite down yet, using his already damaged gauntlet to block against a third saw.

While he did this, the others continued their assault, and the middle Brute procured a stick from his hip, one end covered in spikes, which he proceeded to hurl toward Copen. A Brute Spike Grenade was capable of sticking into foes and surfaces by using its spikes to lodge and hook into something. Regardless if it attached to Copen or not, it would erupt, releasing a shower of superheated shrapnel that would fling in every direction, bouncing off of any surface it contacted once before dissipating.​

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samus
There was hardly a grunt as Samus was slammed back into the cave wall, though it definitely hurt. Her visor was cracked, but her energy tanks worked quick to repair the organic armor. Samus quickly arose, yet hardly did anything else as Zygetus approached.
From behind the visor, Samus studied the alien growing ever closer. Closer..closer...
Zygetus's arms spread wide, his opening as obvious as a yellow flash of light.
NOW!
Before the brute could lay his hands on her, Samus swung her arm cannon, aiming to smack the alien away and off balance. If it worked, Samus would follow up with a charge beam, leading into multiple plasma beams.

Kirby
As Nozomi called them out, Kirby nodded and saluted. He only had a vague idea over what was happening, but was willing to help all he could.
And just like that, they were off. Kirby brought his nubs up, summoning a familiar energy within him as he called his Warp Star forward. Riding it like a surfboard, Kirby sailed through the sky, managing to catch up to Aegiomon and Nozomi rather quickly.

Lucario
The aura pokemon nodded in understanding, though he still held the bronze circle.
"If that is your assessment, I shall follow your lead." he replied, turning towards the skull-filled area.
Obeying humans was kinda second nature, after all.

Whispy Woods
The oversized tree chuckled alongside Asgore, though it had no humor in it.
"I'm sure you would. However, I cannot forget this transgression. What you did was reprehensible, and I'm only allowing you freedom because...I have another problem."
Whispy's hollow eyes narrowed, specifically on Max and Aggron, who seemed like the more dimwitted of the bunch
"Do you understand? Fix this problem, and I shall let you all free. And we'll never have to see each other again. Only seemed fair after this assault on my person."

Masaru

He wasn't gonna stop and think about directions. Instead he blindingly rushed forward, not wasting time. Spearheading toward the cafeteria, the kid did the first this he couldn't think of: leaping over the serving counter. Once on the other side, he lifted his baseball bad and pointed it forward, away from the counter,

"Ha! Can't come now, can ya?"

With his back up against a dead end wall and freezer doors, there was no way the monster could duck into his peripheral now. That means it totally couldn't approach! I'm so smart it hurts.

Specter Arc

The red clay and deep brown rock appeared to replace the dense jungle they were once found inside, The steamrollers only small objects in the far distance. The canyon they approached, had evidently had scaffolding in place alongside many parts of it, made of bamboo and other woods hastily tied together. Some kind of operation had been done here, or at least the workers were on lunch break.

Large skulls were jutting up and out of the canyon, made of primarily ancient creatures that had gone extinct long ago. Sauropods, raptors, and even large carnivore skeletons had become harder and harder to ignore.

bzzzzt! whrrrrr!

Out of a hole in the rock face, the sound of sparking drills and machinery were heard. Shortly afterwards, two mechanical exosuits emerged, a Pipo Monkey in the cockpit of either one. They were hoisting a sizeable boulder, ore visible popping out of it. The machines were busy in a mining operation.

Enemy ID:
Prole Walkers: A six foot suit of armor for a sixth rate simian!

Above them, there seemed to be a monkey leading the operation. They donned a black pair of pants and dark glasses. They hoisted a gun threateningly over his shoulder as he sipped lemonade with his other hand. The specter sigil the heroes had vibrated, showing an entry for the mon on their records.

Ozzie

Threat level: **
Awareness: ***
Temper: ****

Likes to watch others work so he doesn't have to.

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums
Ice spikes flew in the soldier's direction, two of them striking the pedestal he hid behind, a third coming in from an angle that forced the man to jump out of his cover, ending up right where the dragonborn had landed. Axe in hand, Fjorrd swung---and the soldier's weapon split in half, a plasma blade sprouting from each half to stop the nord's blow.​

"You are neither a Mino nor an Adept... Either way, you will be punished for your opposition to Sumeragi! Fusion!”

With that last word, the man’s body turned into an orb of light identical to the one Fjorrd had seen before, flying up into the air before heading back down and into the remains of the Fazent. The machine shimmered with pinkish energy that soon expanded outwards, enveloping a few worn-down machines that were scattered nearby. A flash of light was what followed, and the Fazent took off once more, some of its damage repaired. The leg it was missing had been replaced with a large chainsaw, and an arm-sized plasma blaster now sprouted out of its back, additionally covering most of the section where the nord had struck first.

Its missing parts had been replaced, it seemed.

Copen
The Razor Wheel’s lock-on shots were somewhat effective, wearing the tagged Brute down, but he was still not out. The others still fired his way, forcing Copen to stay on the move—-though not before he sidestepped the spiked stick, lodging it in the wall a ways behind him. The young man performed a Bullit Dash upwards to quickly fly over the group of aliens, though he hadn’t expected the Brute Spike Grenade to detonate, superheated shrapnel flying his way, some of it digging into his back, though his armor had changed back to Break-Shift just before they struck—-a function Copen himself had programmed to ensure his defense was always at its highest.

Even with Break-Shift’s increased defense, the shrapnel still caused noticeable damage, forcing Copen to land a little closer to the Jackals than he would’ve liked, narrowly missing one of them as he rolled along the ground before skidding to a halt, thrusters flaring up and propelling him towards the closest Jackal. It seemed he was going to collide directly into the creature, but his actual plan was to swing his Razor Wheel through the hole on the side of the energy shield to deal some damage.

Kirin & Gunvolt
“So even the slightest of infections could be devastating? Yikes… Hope that suit’s real sturdy,” Kirin joked, resisting the urge to give Tali a nudge with her elbow, thinking it to be a pretty bad idea. “And well, I wouldn’t quite call Adepts their own species. Adepts are practically identical to humans, the only real difference being that Adepts have all sorts of supernatural powers. Manipulating fire, crafting illusions, all that stuff.”

“Despite being so similar to regular humans, some do treat Adepts as higher beings or threats,” Gunvolt added. “It was definitely more common back in my time, though.”

“Old man.” Kirin giggled, earning a sigh from the Azure Striker.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Twin Peaks
As streaks of light were let fly through the air, the previously alerted creatures of hatred saw their target. Shrill war cries pierced the warm air as Moblins picked up red barrels, and a force made up of half of the camp's population mobilized. Separate from this force, an Octorok, which was previously disguised as a bush, burst from the ground a good distance from Tethi's right, and spit a chunk of rock at her with surprising accuracy.

???
Tali continued on, and so Psyduck reluctantly got up and followed. When the alien asked the group about the worlds they once lived, Psyduck ignored Kirin's response, even trying to speak over the girl. His ensuing rant about his own life would not come close to making sense to any listeners, however, as the language was simply made up of the word 'Psyduck'.
It was not long until the group made it to a sheer wall of stone rock; a lone gateway carved into it. This gateway was carved as opposed to the rougher, unworked rock around it, sporting two pillars on either side conjoined by an arc. Atop either pillar sat a statue of a frog, and atop the arc, which had a skull and two skeletal hands carved within it, sat a stylized cobra design. And, carved above the gate, a ouroboros in a figure eight.

Canyons
The beetle was glad to head towards the more rocky terrain. He was unfazed by the littering of bones across the landscape; his culture didn't teach fear of death. Those who have died simply returned to the earth, as was natural.
However, as the group traveled on, more beasts of steel appeared, of which the beetle was not too fond of. Before they could appear hostile, Kragg attacked. He stomped the ground, which summoned a four-foot spike of earth underneath the first exosuit, followed by him charging at the same one for insurance.

Officer Howard
The demon didn't seem the least bit bothered by the barrage as it charged the NEURON officer. But as the grotesque beast threw his combusting arms down, Howard flipped backwards with all the grace and calmness of one who had dealt with extradimensional entities before. He sprung off of his free hand for extra distance, and as he was just about to land upright, that same arm went to his arm to fling out a small device. After landing, it took a short moment's delay before exploding with a temporarily paralyzing energy, which had stopped creatures bigger than the Hell Knight in their tracks in the past. Meanwhile, the Arrow Legion floated backwards with much less flash than its master, though it did give covering fire as it moved.
Whether his foe was stunned or not, the Arrow Legion was substituted with the Sword Legion, which immediately whizzed forwards. The Legion outstretched its sword arm, intent on impaling the demon through the chest.
If that didn't kill it, the antichimeric weapon would wrap its other arm in the Astral Chain to pull its master towards it. Then moving out of the way, Howard swung his gladius, the Blueshift energy surrounding it making it have the properties of a blade, towards the Hell Knight's head to cleave its face in two.

Jibanyan
"Achoo!"
Jibanyan sneezed, likely the remnants of the flour still assaulting his nose. The cat rubbed his olfactory appendedge, walking right past the two soldiers as he did, and further down the hallway. And, with one more sneeze, a small cloud of flour came, finally clearing his nasal passages!
With that taken care of, the cat realized that he had strayed from the others. He looked to the left and to the right, still not seeing them. Then he turned around, just in time to watch as a hurricane of flame was hurled towards his allies.
"Uh oh..."

Max Brass
"Let us go? Ha! The only reason you're not lumber by now is because of this guy!" Whispy's arrogant tone didn't sit well with Max Brass at all, giving him half a mind to start swinging again.

Metabee, Astra & Musimon

"....ehhhhhhh?"

Astra looked confused at the frogs and archways. It was a lot to take in. Some kinda satanic ritual or something? While this whole thing was confusing, one thing wasn't: it was clearly a gateway. Where to? Who knows. But clearly it was of ominous origins.

"...Should we?"

"Should we not?"

Astra and Musimon looked at each other, exchanging a grin.

"OF COURSE WE SHOULD!"

That's when they leaped into the portal, not even thinking twice to where they may end up. Metabee blinked twice, processing what just went down.

"I'm already sick of that guy's shtick..." he sighed, hoisting his wrist guns in front of himself. "C'mon, better make sure he ain't dead."

The yellow robot cautiously entered the gateways next, ready to shoot the next thing that moved on the other side.

Last edited:

comic

Fjorrd the Crusher

——City Slums [Sumeragi Campaign]——

The nord cracked his neck as he watched the orb of light return to the contraption he thought he'd destroyed. It used the nearby chariots to assemble itself back together, and a grin split across the dragonborn's face. "No matter what you hide in, I shall break it!" Fjorrd declared. "FO KRAH DIIN!"

With the conclusive syllable, the nord opened his mouth again, but instead of a torrent of wild flames, this time, a violent rush of ice and snow spat forth in a miniature tornado—an unnatural blizzard, just as intense as his earlier flames, though in the opposite scale of temperature, his aim being to freeze the contraption, form ice around its joints and render its movements immobile or sluggish, to which he would follow up with a predictable leap, bringing his twin axes down to try and shatter the mechanical beast again.

Captain William Joseph Blazkowicz

——Skull Canyon [Specter Campaign]——

Well, at least Lucario seemed to be of the agreeable sort, the jackal-like creature denoting to BJ's lead into the creepy skull canyon area. Definitely wasn't a horrible idea to head in there, no siree.

The group trekked into the region with little hesitation or disagreement; William's lead seeming to be the preferred choice for the moment, perhaps due to the fact that his suggestion had been the first, and seemingly most reasonable idea. He didn't dwell on it much, more fascinated by the oddities that glared at them from empty eye sockets. Strange skulls of creatures he'd never seen before, a few reminding him of dinosaur fossils he'd seen in some books, but he'd never really paid that much mind. He was wishing he had, now.

"This don't seem right . . ." he muttered, mostly to himself. Skulls didn't just appear like this naturally, he knew that. Had they been meticulously placed? Or was this some sort of natural phenomena?

However, the unmistakable sounds of drilling and whirring reached his ears, and BJ was quick to level his Sturmgewehr in the direction of the noise, pointing upward just in time to witness odd metal suits emerging from the rock face, having drilled through it, and piloted by more monkeys. Why'd it have to be monkeys? Why couldn't it have been Nazi's? He'd happily shoot some Nazi punks.

The giant bug was quicker to react, appearing to lack any hesitation no matter how cute their opponents might be. A stomp to the ground somehow produced spikes of earth to erupt, aimed for the apes. While BJ doubted those were realistic physics, he wasn't about to start questioning reality just yet, not when he'd gotten this far.

"Maybe if I picture them in Nazi uniforms . . ." he muttered, taking aim again, though he still didn't fire, even despite their own weapons pointed back.

King Asgore Dreemurr

——The Quiet Forest [Dedede Campaign]——

The monster king pondered on this for but a moment. The sentient tree's request was toeing the line, but they had trespassed and harmed his land. Well, Asgore's companions had, but if "companions" was how he would refer to them, then he was just as responsible for their actions as though he'd enacted them himself.

Mister Brass spoke before Asgore could, leading with another taunt suitable of a man of his caliber. Humored as Asgore was, he kept himself from giving a pleasant chuckle. "Now, now," he interjected, hoping to prevent an upscale in the seemingly quelled hostilities. "It matters not whether who would win, we are still strangers on land not our own. We accept your terms, mister," Asgore informed Whispy. "If it will help heal our first impression, and allow us to move of your territory."

——The Mysterious Cavern [Eggpire Campaign]——

Interestingly, these "Adepts" seemed to be some sort of natural evolution from humans that provided apparently unnatural abilities. After all, she'd never heard of humans capable of manipulating fire without at least have some support from technology. This was, of course, a conversation intercepted by the loud waddling fowl. Her universal translator wasn't able to completely decipher what it meant, as its only vocabulary seemed to consist of the word "Psyduck", but every now and again, a translated word would make its way through to Tali's understanding, usually just conjunctions or adjectives, so whatever story the creature was embellishing went almost entirely unknown to her. Judging from everyone else . . . nobody understood the duck, either.

Then, they seemingly arrived. The path was blocked off by some sort of ancient gateway, possibly a shrine. "Interesting . . ." the quarian muttered to herself as she raised her arm, her omni-tool scanning the structure before them to attempt and collect basic data on it, a rough carbon dating of its age alongside the components that made up its structure, if any of it shouldn't be the standard sedimentary rock she was expecting. The chiseled structure of it, its symbolism, indicated a focus on an amphibious creature, as well as what seemed to be skulls. Considering most cultures used skulls to represent death, the dark abyss it opened up into didn't seem very appealing.

But the loud and somewhat obnoxious duo of Astra and Musimon seemed to lack any awareness as they eagerly and quite jovially bounded into the darkness. It was only thanks to Tali's twin helmet lights that the pair could remain seen, her lights cutting through the black.

The duo appeared relatively fine. "I wouldn't really suggest going much further until—" she was going to mention until she'd gathered any data on the gateway, just in case, but they'd either not heard her or ignored her, wasting little time in racing deeper into the abyss.

Letting out a sigh, Tali kept her omnj-tool trained on the gateway, still trying to collect her data, and she glanced back at the others, her lights turning with her head. "I would recommend nobody else be quite as foolish in . . ." beneath her mask, she frowned, noticing the quiet human in the back of the group. Ethan, his name was. He had a couple crimson holes in his center, no doubt courtesy of the earlier drones that had tried to gun them down.

"You're hurt!" she noticed. The human had stated he was fine earlier. Was he just trying to act tough? To seem less like a liability? He didn't seem to be in pain. Maybe mild discomfort. "You should have mentioned something earlier, I have some medi-gel, it's an advanced medicinal gelatin, it should heal bullet holes in only a few seconds, come here."

—————————THE BANISHED CAMPAIGN—————————​

MISSION ONE (A) - TRIVIAL​

——Spirit Crystal Cavern Entrance——​

>>Samus' counter-attack<<<
Samus STR: 18 + 11 (1d20) + 16.5 (DMG) = 45.5
Zugetus DUR: 12 + 18 (1d20) = 30
Results: 30 - 45.5 = -15.5 HP

Zygetus HP: 39.5 / 55
Samus HP: 109.63 / 130
——————
>>Samus Beam Attack<<<
Samus DX: 19 + 17 (1d20) = 36
Zygetus AG: 6 + 15 (1d20) = 21
Results: 21 - 36 = -15

Samus lands a critical hit (x1.5 total DMG)

Samus STR: 18 + 10 (1d20) + [16.5 x 1.5] = 52.75
Zugetus DUR: 12 + 20 (1d20) x 1.5 (d20 Bonus) = 48
Results: 48 - 52.75 = -4.75

Zygetus HP: 34.75 / 55
Samus HP: 109.63 / 130
——————

His next attack found itself interrupted, Zygetus the Ambitious grunting as he was thrust back—and was stopped when he slammed against one of the falling boulders, allowing him to push off of it quickly, regaining his balance and pushing for momentum again more quickly than Samus expected. She fired her beam toward the Brute, who snarled, unable to move away in time. It struck his core, dead-center against his armored chest—yet he kept coming, barely seeming hindered as the distance fully closed.

Masaru's taunting didn't seem to provoke a response. Not an immediate one, at the very least. The part of the kitchen he'd now entered revealed a lot more blood—a familiar sight to the Warrior of Hope, but given recent events, it could have signified other dangers. On top of that, the pulsing of a nearby . . . something reached his ears. It seemed to be coming from around the corner, a metal wall separating him from the sound, an open entryway to the back kitchens just to his right if he turned in the direction of the sound. It was almost like a sloppy wet sound, though rhythmic, like one might expect from a heart outside of its body.

No more wall-scuttling reached his ears for now, allowing Masaru to give this pulsing his undivided attention, though his paranoia would undoubtedly prevent that reality.

If he were to walk around that simple bend, Masaru would find the source of the wet thumping—what appeared to be an actual heart was in the center of the cooking room, which was rather large in size. The heart itself was massive, easily three times Masaru's size and then some. It pulsed with the sound, confirming it was the true source. What was worse were the zombies in the room. At least a dozen of the mindless creatures, all standing still, facing toward the heart. Not a single moved.

While many of the fleshy tentacles snaked about the room, there were several other key things of note: several vents lined the floors, likely all connected in some way, and conveniently just beside the heart were a few canisters of what looked like some kind of explosive gas, some halfway melded into the beating heart.

And unfortunately, if Masaru came to witness this, the door to the kitchens would slam shut behind him, the shutters to the serving counter ramming down to seal him in.

An event that would trigger the still, silent zombies into turning Masaru's direction, beginning to rouse into moans and groans.
————————————​

>>Howard's Paralysis Attack<<<
Howard DX: 13 + 13 (1d20) = 26
Hell Knight AG: 5 + 12 (1d20) = 17
Results: The paralysis lands, doing x0.25 to Hell Knight's next stat response.

>>Arrow Legion's Cover Fire<<<
Arrow SP: 12 + 9 (1d20) = 21
Hell Knight SP: 7 + 6 (1d20) x 0.25 (Paralysis) = 3.25
Results: Hell Knight's next stat response is halved.

Arrow STR: 11 + 1 (1d20) + 15 DMG x 0.5 (d20 Debuff) = 13.5
Hell Knight DUR: 14 + 16 (1d20) x0.5 (Prior Debuff) = 15
Results: Despite failing to block, the Hell Knight absorbs the blows.

>>Sword Legion's Impale Attack<<<
Sword DX: 16 + 3 (1d20) = 19
Hell Knight AG: 5 + 14 (1d20) = 19
Results: Equally matched, the impale only grazes the Hell Knight for a x0.5 to the DMG stat for this turn.

Sword STR: 15 + 2 (1d20) + [16.33 DMG x 0.5 (Prior Debuff)] = 25.16
Hell Knight DUR: 14 + 9 (1d20) = 23
Results: 2.16 DMG dealt.

Hell Knight HP: 37.84 / 40

>>Howard's Gladius Cleave<<<
Howard DX: 13 + 1 (1d20) x 0.5 (d20 Debuff) = 7
Hell Knight AG: 5 + 14 (1d20) = 9
Results: The Hell Knight is able to avoid the attack.

>>Hell Knight Counter-Attack<<<
Hell Knight DX: 8 + 12 (1d20) = 20
Howard AG: 16 + 3 (1d20) = 19
Results: The Hell Knight lands a grazing blow for x0.5 to the DMG stat for this turn.

Hell Knight STR: 13 + 16 (1d20) + [11.666 DMG x 0.5 (Prior Debuff)] = 34.83
Howard DUR: 12 + 2 (1d20) = 14
Results: This "grazing blow" was of the deadly variety. 20.83 DMG dealt.

Hell Knight HP: 37.84 / 40
Howard HP: 89.17 / 110

The paralysis attack landed, the Hell Knight roaring as its body shuddered, fighting against the temporary attack on its body, rooting it to the spot. Howard alongside his Arrow Legion had leapt away, the Legion providing cover-fire as they moved, but the shots barely seemed to phase the monstrosity, and just as Howard had the Legion switch into one of the melee variety, the Hell Knight seemed to break through the paralysis, lunging forward once more. The Sword Legion was equally as responsive, moving forward to impale, but it seemed Howard had underestimated this being.

The blade merely grazed its flesh, and it barreled through the Legion like a football player might through a kid, not even slowing down for a moment in its pursuit of Howard, who was quick to respond to the rapid approach, the Hell Knight's fists engulfing in blue flames once more. Even as Howard was moved out of the way, the rapid change in the Hell Knight's movement made one thing clear—this creature was difficult to blindside.

And they met—but the creature was agile. Howard's gladius swung, but hit only air, the Hell Knight having grounded itself. Not to avoid the slash, it hadn't actually had no response for that, nor expected it. Instead, it was by pure chance that its stop to swing its fist allowed it to avoid getting half-faced.

Howard wasn't one to simply stand there and take it, but as he moved to avoid it as he had been, he found he wasn't capable of a simple dodge this time, even as he managed to avoid the fist swung his way. It still smashed into the ground, expelling violent energy that he was caught a mere inch from the epicenter of.

Howard was flung backward through the air, the blast having singed his front, and he was slammed heavily into the far wall. A powerful blow, cementing this creature as a serious threat, but Howard was far from out of the fight. Unfortunately, the Hell Knight didn't seem to think he was either, as it was already bounding toward him again for another explosive punch.

——Banished Outpost Gau'lgerrk——

Brute Spiker STR: 4 + (8-12) (8 roll) = 12 DMG
Copen DUR: 16 + 1 (1d20) x 0.5 (d20 Debuff) = 8.5
Result: 8.5 - 12 = -3.5 HP

Copen HP: 116.5 / 120

The Jackal snarled at Copen's rapid approach. "Prey come to die!" it screeched, taking aim—and losing its hand alongside a cleaved-in-half plasma pistol, courtesy of Copen's quick-thinking. As dark purple blood splattered to the ground, the Jackal letting out several loud squawks of anger and pain. One of the others angrily leaped forward almost immediately, shield deactivating as it intended to leap unto his back before he came to a stop, attempting on clamping its long jaws onto the fleshy muscle of his semi-exposed neck.​

Specter Arc

As the earth spikes were thrust toward the mining mechs, the apes piloting them looked up, their helmets glowing red in alarm.

"Ukki-!"

Two of the earth spikes hit, ripping into the armor, knocking the machine back. It would have knocked him over if it weren't for the giant ore he was carrying helping level him out. That's when Kragg slammed into him, breaking the limbs off the Mech. This meant that it could no longer lift the heavy alloy, so-

CRUNCH!

The Mech crumpled under the metal as the ape piloting it squeaked, before poofing into a cloud of multicolored dust. A floating orb, a spirit floated around the poofing site. This however, did wonders to spook the former ape's partner, who let go of the alloy. It flicked a lever, driving forward it rotary right arm to deliver a spinning punch right at Kragg's face.

Ozzie looked down from above, stroking his chin. He had a plan. Maybe if he beat all these guys, he could get a promotion! So he grabbed a device from his pocket and began to run the opposite direction of them in a feint retreat.

Masaru

O-Okay...that's eerie.

He hadn't expect there to be an overly enlarged organ in the center of the other room. Though the zombies appeared more of concern right off the bat. Were those...gas canisters? Did he have anything flammable? Not on him. If only he had Mark Guyver he could just splatter the thing and get it over with.

However, when the doors behind him did suddenly, the zombies were alerted to his presence. Welp. There goes the element of surprise. Thinking fast, he grabbed a pan to use as a shield as he swung an uppercut on the first responding zombie before attempting to slam the others back by shoulder slamming the pan on them.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ray Mk. III
It seemed like that was those creatures dealt with. The majority of them, at least. Now it was on to the one that was still fighting against his armoured ally. Of course, Ray couldn't just stand there and let it charge at his armed companion. So, Ray decided to chain some attacks together to pull this giant barbarian away from Samus. His plan?

First, with a dash towards he creature, Ray shot a Straight Bomb towards its left leg, hoping to both trip it up and pull it back towards him. If this landed and the creature was in fact moved towards him, Ray would wait until he could hit the perfect spot, preferably its head. And with what, you may ask? Why, with a blink-dashing Charge, of course, ensuring the creature wouldn't just be pulled his way, but would end up going up over him if things ended up working out, allowing him to create at least some distance between him, his ally and the enemy.

Terrarian
Well.. it seemed like these strangers would remain strangers for now, as most of them seemed to prefer just heading towards the enemy rather than make a group introduction, like he had attempted to do. Oh well, he was gonna learn their names sooner or later. ..probably.

Turning around, the Terrarian stood for a moment as his body suddenly blinked to hovering mid-air for but a split second, golden particles appearing in a cloud around him as now, he sat mounted atop a brown reindeer with long, glorious antlers, an advent wreath around its neck, red saddle on its back.. and a shiny red nose. Though it was slow to walk, it quickly broke into a dash and quickly caught up with the group, maintaining pace with the others.

Axe
Though hesitant at first, Axe had followed his allies down the skull-caved path. Naturally, it kind of scared the living daylights out of him at the idea, given the child had a bare understanding of what they were. Then the giant armor...thing, showed up, and the accompanying monkey. Sure, one was shattered fast, but the other was still standing and their leader fled, which was certainly annoying.
"Hwah!" Axe let out a small cry as they leapt into action finally, choosing to merely assist for now by moving to block the spinning punch with his shield, the red stone glowing just enough to match the might of a machine.

Kiwi
"Yeah!! That's right, fig-" Before Kiwi could finish that cheer, the male soldier fell to his knees and exploded into cyclones of flame. "Gah!" They yelped out, struck with horror and shock.
Did...did their leader do that...?! How...how cruel! As thoughts rushed through their head, Mercurymon's move to defend himself - And the group - sparked the minstrel to action. "Right!" They said, letting out some musical notes and pushing out an energy barrier that appeared from the song to block the fire attempting to blast over Mercruymon, since that seemed to be what was hurting their ally.

Tethi
"...oh." The Chieftain soon realised what she had done upon the sight of about half the camp mobilizing to strike at her position for her attack - A perfectly reasonable reaction, now that she thought on it, though the sight of those red barrels being carried gave her the mildest feeling of overkill.
Then a rock hit her on the head, knocking her off the minor vantage point she had taken. "Ah!" She yelped as she hit the ground, getting to her feet as she looked for her assailant, soon spotting the moving bush and quickly moving to fire a Green Gale at whatever was there, intending it to throw it to the air.

Mercurymon

Defense, it seems, is all thy have to offer. A pity. It seems as though one such as I would have to strike an offensive despite the elemental disadvantage. This shall be crude, but nevertheless effective.

Angling his mirror up at the ceiling, while under the protection of Kiwi's song, he called out.

"Offset reflector!"

Suddenly, a beam of light shot out from the mirror. This was typically used for knockback or concussive damage, but upon hitting the ceiling, it was just enough oomph to send the section crumbling down towards the fire fueled man.

comic

——Skull Canyon [Specter Campaign]——

Atop the cliffs stood another ape, who gave BJ the impression of being some kind of foreman. Maybe it was the posture. Either way, it turned tail and ran, disappearing from view quickly, due to its placement atop the canyon, whereas the heroes were slinking along its valleys. "Damn," the soldier lowered his rifle, glancing toward the second of the mining-themed robots piloted by a monkey, the first having been obliterated by Kragg. That little runner would no doubt go off to bring reinforcements and thoroughly upset BJ's entire plan of going into this more desolate landscape to be inconspicuous.

He couldn't just sit there doing nothing. That beetle was undoubtedly tough, but its hide didn't exactly seem designed to render a drill driving into it useless. With a short burst of fire from the German weapon, BJ let loose his lead upon the aggressive ape, praying it wouldn't be messy, while the kid named after a weapon moved to try and block its attack for Kragg, forcing William to turn his rifle upward, missing his shot as he fired, else he hit Axe with his bullets.

Good heart and good hustle, but that kid was going to get himself hurt more than any of them if he kept pulling shit like that.

Tal'Set of the Saquin Nation

——Twin Peaks [Ganon Campaign]——

As predicted, the enemy responded quickly to the child's ill-concealed assault. As she was left to deal with a strange, stealthy mollusk, the Son of Stone heightened his pace, no longer playing the stealth game as he closed the distance toward Tethi, who was releasing her own counterattack against the rock-spitting creature that had struck her.

With a leap, Tal'Set bounded upon the boulder that the girl had been using for cover, simultaneously notching an explosive arrow in his tek bow, and took aim, letting the arrow sail just as he landed upon the top of the rock, buffalo-hide boots skidding against the stone. The explosive arrow's destination? The center of the red barrels carried by the moblins. Assuming they were themselves explosive, judging from the experience of barral plus red equals boom, the Fury of Hope was wishful that this would cause a chain reaction and momentarily cripple the opposing force before they could fully organize and launch an effective strike.

Just as quickly as he leaped upon the boulder, he slunk down it to land beside Tethi. "Come, we must not linger," he urged her, motioning toward the semi-distant castle they'd left behind earlier. "We cannot fight this many without more support."

Yet support seemed to be on the way. His wary eyes darted toward the sky, noticing the black dots growing larger. Had the others finally decided to pursue the foe? Had that been why the flying cubed being from before had fled?

"Unless that is more support," the warrior pointed toward the approaching heroes.

—————————THE BANISHED CAMPAIGN—————————

The bat slugged into a zombie's chin from Masaru's uppercut, forcing it to stagger back, jaw going slack but not killing it. On the defensive, Masaru worked on shoulder-checking each nearing zombie with a pan he'd found, trying to keep them at bay, but they were too numerous, and were too quickly converging on the trapped boy.

A flash of fire erupted in the air a few feet to his left, and out of the hell flames emerged a familiar enemy: an Imp. Several more flashes of fire signified the arrival of more Imps, all of which appearing to have the goal of protecting the organ in the center of the room.

Masaru wasn't left with too many offensive options—yet. The aforementioned vents that seemed to connect all throughout the room could be utilized to exercise a higher chance of survival, and present a strategic opportunity, as some of the vents seemed to travel under the floor as well.

The first Imp that had appeared was quick to leap for Masaru, clawing a shambling zombie out of its way as it moved.​

Specter Campaign

Whrrrrrrrrr

The corkscrew attack of the mechanoid was parried by Axe, deflecting it off it's initial target. however, it wasn't going to stop the machine. The ape inside opened the clamps up on the same arm, reached to grab Axe's shield. It would tighten the grip on it before attempting to fling it up and away before it's second arm would coat electricity, stabbing up at Kragg.

Other workers that peaked out from the mining areas were fast to run back in, not wanting a part of the commotion. It seemed as though this bum rush attack method had caused quite a stir.

Near BJ, a sounds of heavy footsteps were heard. Above, out of a hidden hatch disguised as a part of the rock face came another machine. It landed down just a few yards from him with a resounding CLANK!. It was a bit bigger than the Prole Walkers, having a more weapon focus than utility focus. This thing was meant to ward off enemy threats.

Enemy ID:
Skiff Walker, More height, more gun!

The skiff walker's side mounted guns aimed down toward BJ before unleashing a barrage of orange projectiles, focused on anti infantry.

Masaru

This went from bad to worse.

Enemies of two kinds, definitely outnumbering him. There were very few options, especially with the exits sealed. As the zombies leaped up at him, he crouched to the floor, bracing on his pan to take the damage for him.

Bong!

And it did, leaving a damaged dent in it, while also brushing Masaru's arm that held it. Masaru took a heavy breath. This...this felt familiar somehow.

Locked in a dark room. Beaten with no end in sight. This rotten smell. The fear. It was all to like what he had been used to.

"N-No...dad..."

And just like that, a fire lit in Masaru's eyes. Murderous intent fueled his body as he steeled his nerves. He killed his dad for what he did. And so should he kill every single demon that would do the same. These were no exception. They just reflected on the outside what they were on the inside!

"AHHHHHHH!!!! DIE! Demons must die!!"

Hoisting his bat up with both his hands, he looked over the imp that he blocked before. He would swing. Swing. Swing again. Until he would relentlessly beat him into a puddle of mush.

Last edited:

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums

Frost began to cover the Fazent's joints, forcing the machine to fly to the side as to avoid further damage to its mobility. This did give Aegislash the chance to close in, going for a Sacred Sword to the drone's back---but the mech (or rather, its pilot) was quick to react, the rifle on its back firing a barrage of plasma bolts at the Pokémon, forcing him to use King's Shield instead, preventing him from attacking.

With its mobility hampered, the Fazent could not move out of the way of Fjorrd's attack, instead choosing to intercept with one of its own. A hatch in the middle of its body opened up, firing what seemed to be the a somewhat damaged mine, a few bits of it missing or filled in with scrap, making its effects unpredictable, but it was headed for the dragonborn nonetheless.

Store Ruins
The torrent of flame relented as Mercurymon launched his counterattack, using a beam of light to collapse the ceiling on top of the man, who ran closer to the trio in response. One piece of rubble struck his arm, causing it to bend at an unnatural angle, the soldier's only response being a low growl. Pain was certainly felt, but the soldier's most prominent emotion was undoubtedly rage.

Keeping up the aggression, the man swung his dislocated arm upward, several red spots appearing on the ground in tandem with his movements, right beneath the heroes. After a moment, pillars of flame would sprout from below to incinerate his opposition.

Copen

Copen's eyes turned towards the incoming Jackal, who was clearly attempting to clamp down on him. He couldn't lose focus on his other foes or turn his back to them for long, forcing him to deal with them both at the same time. As such, he allowed the Jackal to climb onto his back, but just before it could bite down...

His armor would change to Bullit-Shift, a large thruster opening up just below where the avian would bite, spewing out azure flames that could definitely cause some serious burns, not to mention throw him off due to the extreme speed that Copen would take off with, his signature Bullit Dash propelling him towards the one Jackal that was still armed, Razor Wheel held out in front of his body, iX hoping to overload the creature's shield with the Razor Wheel's energy properties. If not, he would attempt to vault off to a safer distance.

Kirin & Gunvolt

"Woahh, that looks ancient," Kirin commented, looking up at the symbols above the gateway, all carved in stone. It seemed they weren't the first ones down here. Something was likely waiting inside...

Astra and Musimon headed in without a care in the world, Metabee soon following, and Tali would have likely been the next one in if not for Ethan's injuries, which had gone previously unnoticed by the group. The Quarian suggested healing Ethan via her medi-gel, which seemed to be powerful enough to heal bullet holes in a matter of seconds.

Definitely better than risking another injury by having Gunvolt cauterize the wound electrically. In days of old he could have done it, but his Septima control was not very precise while he was in his dog form. No use dwelling on that, anyway. Kirin and Gunvolt proceeded to follow the others through the gateway, the electricity periodically pulsing from Gunvolt's paws aiding slightly in illuminating the cave.

Axe
The Little hero was surprised,
"What the- Let go!" Axe yelled as the mech grappled his shield, letting out a yelp as he along with his shield was thrown to the air. He looked down from the air, somewhat panicked as he saw what was happening all from above.
"Shoot, Shooooooot!" Axe let out a minor panicked cry as a green stone slipped out his satchel which he soon grabbed and clutched to his heart.
C'mon, c'mon, if I fall, I'll die! And if I die, the others might...!
Soon enough, the green stone shone, coating the young one in a bright light before fading. With a quick flash of green light just on the ground by the back of the Skiff Walker, Axe reappeared, on his back. However, he soon got to his feet, slightly dazed though quickly shaking it off as he looked to the Skiff Walker as it attacked BJ. Slightly upset at this, he attempted to swing out his pickaxe shield at it's legs.

Kiwi
Kiwi was shocked by the actions of both Mercurymon and their new foe, unsure how such abilities could exist.
"Look out!" They warned their allies, moving their voice down in an attempt to block the raised flare pillars beneath the trio.
I'm in way over my head...but I promised I would try and help! For this Nexus stuff...and Audrey!

Tethi
Tethi was less surprised than joyous that the mystery person had arrived to her aid, even if it were just a single arrow. She assumed her saviour had a plan.
"Thank you!" She quickly said, before nodding as she heard his suggestion, noticing the little black dot was also moving, "We must try to reach them, I'm sure they can do something!"

Of course, then she had the worried thoughts of Khepri, clear on her face...

Khepri
Yet alas, there was naught to worry for; Khepri, when no one took notice, had hitched a ride on Kirby's back - The speed of the warp star being quite a shock as the beetle clambered onto Kirby's head at the top to try and remain on there, wanting to find a way to convince the pink powerhouse to help Tethi somehow.

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
Ethan Winters
Well, someone had noticed that Ethan was injured. Maybe he should've tried a bit harder to hide it, not because he wished to appear as a 'strong guy,' but because his wounds would close themselves. Still, he wasn't one to reject a bit of free medical assistance, a luxury that he didn't often have during these bizarre adventures he was constantly finding himself in. Denying such help would just lead to unnecessary blood loss, even if the flesh would regenerate within a short amount of time.

It wasn't too tricky for Ethan to catch up with the person who'd offered said aid- Tali was her name. She wasn't like anything Ethan had ever seen before, which was saying a lot, because he'd seen way more than his fair share of unusual things. That wasn't to say she looked bad, unlike many of the other 'unusual' folks Ethan had crossed paths with (that fish freak, in particular, came to mind).

"It could be worse," the man noted. The bullets hadn't landed anywhere super important, at least. The majority of Ethan's frustration came from the fact that he'd defied the odds that the terribly-aimed projectiles had set in place.

Nozomi
As Nozomi rode upon the back of Kelpie, the eerie horse-like demon she'd just summoned, she began to notice that she wasn't alone. One by one, the group from moments ago was joining up and keeping pace. She was glad they'd made the same decision as her, since fighting solo wasn't something she'd done in quite some time. Actually, she couldn't even recall her last solo combat escapade. Being tied up in fixing Tokyo's disasters for so long would do that.

Very soon, the Twin Peaks became more defined as the distance was closed. Kelpie picked up the pace as it became clear just how riled up the enemies camping there had become, Nozomi gritting her teeth as she slipped her shotgun back into her hands, the device casually and comfortably finding its spot. It really was her favorite thing to use in combat, especially with the magical properties that kept it powerful and useful enough to be reliable against demonkind. Not only that, but the elemental bullets it used were a major plus. For the most part, Nozomi left the magic up to her allies and demons. Guns were what she was drawn to.

Aiming the barrel of it, Nozomi began to fire off into the crowd of moblins, aiming for the barrels in particular. The landing shots burst into small, assorted pillars of flame and crackling electricity.

Aegiomon

The answer was violence. Again. Couldn't they just fine their leader and convince them? They weren't even defending anything this time, they were charging in their territory and instigating an attack. Aegiomon frowned in response to this.

He leaped out of formation with Nozomi, flipping through the air before landing beside one of the moblins that weren't under direct assault.

"Hey, how are you doing, friend?"

Mercurymon

This insolent worm continues to be a thorn in one's side.

With Bard helping shield the team from the pillars of fire from below, Mercurymon was given ample time to side step the protected flame pillars, allowing himself to be closer to their enemy than before.

"Very well. If destruction is what thy heart desires, then destruction is what thee shall receive!"

Figuring his foe's body had little durability, he rushed in close, crouching before he swung his shield to the side of him, hoping to bash him into the wall while protecting himself from the flames.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Kirby
Kirby halted as his friends-despite having just met them, he considered them friends-began to engage with the monster army. Kirby tensed, ready to land and help them.
Though his definition of land had always been shaky.
However, just as the Warp star leaned back, prepped to dive, Kirby realized something. His back really itched.
Irritation wasn't a common emotion for the perpetually happy hero, but as his nubs hopelessly bent back in an attempt to scratch the offending itch, it was hard to blame his grumpiness.

Lucario
Upon the arrival of new folk, Lucario paused
"Hold on, perhaps we could-" but nope. Before he knew it, Kragg had leapt into action, attacking the mechs and causing a general commotion, forcing the others to join in.
Lucario sighed, but he could hardly leave them to fight alone.
He sensed a figure fleeing the scene. Well, at least they were acting like it. The underlying expectation made it clearly a feint, but letting an enemy go wasn't something Lucario planned on.
With one hand, Lucario fired a weak aura sphere, which homed in on Ozzie's aura. With the other, he summoned a bone staff, preparing to give chase.

Whispy Woods
"Wonderful! Suppose I'll keep this brief. " The tree's face suddenly soured, an expression just given to the trio before him. "This problem of mine has been an annoyance for a considerable amount of time. Simply put, it's a gang of miscreants soiling my forest. Detestable little things, I assure you. I've tried ridding them myself, but they simply refuse to keel over. Cunning buggers. So-!"
Whispy's roots motioned to his side. As if on command, the thick forest trees began moving, spreading apart so that there was a path with enough space for everyone to walk semi-comfortably.
"This should bring you to them. Find them and get rid of them. Perhaps bring me a few. Dead or Alive, I don't really care, just as long as they aren't a problem anymore."

Samus
Her attack landed, managing to damage Zygetus heavily. Despite the damage however, the brute kept true to his species name and forced himself through her plasma beam assault. Samus just about dived out of the way before suddenly, Zygetus was pulled back. By little Ray, no less.
With the brute unbalance, Samus decided to attack where it hurt. Using her Aeion, Samus zipped just above the brute, so fast it looked like teleportation, before slamming down on him. Using her impressive strength to pin him on the ground, she pressed her arm cannon right on his face, while it crackled with charged energy.
With no hesitance, she fired.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Twin Peaks
The explosive arrow and magical shotgun spray found their marks, exploding multiple barrels. Unfortunately, these creatures had the sense to spread out as they charged, and only a dozen or so were lost. Lizalfos, raced ahead of the others, one stabbing a spear up towards Tal'Set while another raced toward Nozomi with a spiked club and metal shield. Meanwhile, a few archers that were with the horde began firing at the heroes.

Aegiomon wasn't exempt from this rage, but his kindness confused the Moblin for a moment. The brutish hog-thing was used to people running away and screaming or fighting back, but there was a first for everything. Leering at Aegiomon, his puzzled thoughts all went back to one default reaction: kill.
The Moblin stabbed a shortsword at the goat boy with a deceptive quickness. Not one for small talk, apparently.
---
The gale that Tethi had sent shredded through the bush, causing it to disappear. A moment later, the cephalopod popped up with a confused look, temporarily vulnerable.

Kragg
The beetle braced himself to get a good one right to the jaw, but the small child leapt to his defense. A warrior's spirit, that'd what the kid had.
Then Axe was tossed up, giving Kragg time to grab the hunk of ore and swing it towards the mech, aiming to trade blows with it as electricity arced across his thick carapace.

Officer Howard
Howard was thrown into the wall with a grunt, before falling to a knee. He the sharp, metallic taste of blood lined his mouth. One thing was for sure: that thing could really throw a punch. The Sword Legion disappeared, Howard coldly staring down the hulk of a demon charging toward him. An idea had already been formulated; a reckless idea, but if it worked the payoff would be worth it.
It took until the Hell Knight was close enough to begin his swing for the cop to act, the Arm Legion appearing around his body like a suit of armor. The armored specter raised its arms to meet the demon's, attempting to grab its wrists.

-If the policeman's idea was successful, the disembodied hands of the Legion swung the opposing brute into the wall behind Howard before laying into it with a barrage of punches as Howard exited the beast and causing it to go into an Unchained state to amp its power levels.

-If Howard failed, the Legion took the brunt of the attack.

Jibanyan
Before the cat could jump into action, red spots mysteriously appeared on the tile floor. "Huh?" Jibanyan puzzled, before finding out the hard way, just narrowly hopping to the left and avoiding the pillar of flame. Another he dodged by hopping forward, but the third hit him right on.
"Hothothothot-!"
The yo-kai soared through the air in an arc, trailing smoke, to land next to his allies. As of then, Jibanyan believed that this was none other than Blazion's work. A sudden change in attitude? Definitely inspirited. With all that fire and a newfound intense personality to match, it fit the bill of a Blazion inspiriting.
So the bipedal cat ran in circles, trying to smother the pain of his singed rear as he suggested to Mercurymon, "This guy's inspirited, -owowow- talking to him won't help at all! He's absolutely determinyed! -hothothot-"

Specter Arc

The opening Axe had given Kragg allowed the bigger fighter to grabb the large chunk of ore, which was much bigger than the monkey's maintenance walker itself. The monkey piloting it had his jaw drop when he saw it. Of course, this did little to help him before-

CRUNCH!

The metal flattened like a pancake, the spirit of the ape piloting it floating above the destruction site, much like his partner. Well THAT was an absolute stomp.

Axe on the other hand, when attacking the legs of the walker to make it trip, had a tougher time. While it did trip over, the upper body remained upright and vertical. This tragically included the cannons.

Pew Pew Pew Pew!

The barrage of orange sphere were now targeting Axe, aiming to punch him full of holes.

"Ki!"

Ozzie was fleeing when Lucario fired an Aura Sphere after him. The sneaky little ape had a plan. Aiming his gun down under him, he leaped into the air before firing a grenade launcher setting on the thing, detonating right as the aura sphere came in range, destroying them both in a blaze of orange-blue flame.

This sent him further into the air like a rocket jump before front flipping down to the ground. He snickered sticking out his tongue at Lucario before pressing the red button on his remote control.

That's when a trap was triggered, stacks of felled tree trunks released from a higher elevation, clonking down on the ground and barreling down toward both Lucario and Kragg as Ozzie continued his escape.

Aegiomon

It appeared the friendly conversation had all but failed. The creature swung their weapon, Aegiomon grunting and ducking under the blade. He didn't want to spook the creature more than it already was. Maybe he wasn't speaking his language...maybe a change of approach was in order?

"Hey, how about this then?"

Opening up a pouch on his hip, he pulled out a tasty looking meat on the bone. Aegiomon held it up to him, but careful to keep it from snapping range.

"We talk, and you can have this. That sound fair?"

comic

——Skull Canyon [Specter Campaign]

The kid's moves that got in BJ's way were quickly responded to. He managed to take the hit for the big bug (who Blazko had no doubt could have taken it in stride, if only for a quick blow), but the mech flung the kid into the air, making another attempt at striking the beetle. BJ took quick aim, picturing a swastika on the monkey's forehead—that made it seem a lot less cute.

Before he could take the shot, however, he heard the rumbling crunch of heavy steps, and could feel a subtle vibration under his feet growing larger. He was quick to turn, taking aim with the weapon, but there was a lack of targets . . . until a hole in the rock face quite literally opened up before him. A hidden hatch.

Out of it came his foe.

The two-legged monkey-driven mech crashed into the ground a few meters away, and Terror-Billy found himself picturing another swastika on this monkey's forehead. He came up to around its height, so it wasn't all too massive, though its booming steps made it clear that this thing was heavy. On either side of it appeared to be turrets, and they were already humming to life.

"I hate engineering marvels, I always hafta break 'em," BJ said, head darting left and right to gather a better understanding of his bearings, before he dove to his left just as the mech began to fire, a few orange-colored projectiles zipping by him in near misses as the captain crashed into the ground behind a large boulder. Quickly, he slid his magazine from his rifle, checking the ammunition count, before he slapped it back in.

Leaping up onto an outcropping of his boulder-for-cover, allowing him to stick his head, and more importantly his gun, over the top of the boulder, which he nearly fired from—but the damn kid was in his line of fire again! He didn't want to risk spraying bullets in the boy, so ducked back into his cover to reasses his plan. He was a captain in the OSA Army Rangers, god damnit, he could figure this out in two licks! He just needed to coordinate with this team better. He needed to find a way to play to their strengths, make the most use out of them as possible.

Until then, he had to make sure this heavy-weight mech didn't crush the kid.

Another peak revealed the kid was in even more danger than expected. "Ah, shit, make your distance!" BJ yelled, leveling the rifle and aiming to pop a few shots toward the piloting ape on the top of the machine—at least these guys weren't as smart as Nazi's, who wouldn't leave a pilot so exposed as this.

Fjorrd the Crusher

——City Slums [Sumeragi Campaign]

Being a nord from a magical land based on medieval vikings, Fjorrd understandably had no clue what a "mine" was. All he saw was a metal ball being lugged his way to intercept his strike. So, as any reasonable warrior would, the dragonborn swung sooner than later, cleaving his axe into the projectile sent his way. What he didn't expect was its explosive properties, not its scrap-based shrapnel.

With a grunt, Fjorrd was flung sideways out of the air by the explosive, one of his frost axes flying off into the street in the other direction. Slamming into a concrete wall that nearly imploded on impact, the dragonborn fell to the ground with a growl. "Trickery and cheap shots!" he bellowed, spitting at the ground before he rose back up. "You are a poor excuse for a warrior! I shall educate you: WITH MY FISTS!"

Predictably, he was leaping forward again, this time his fists engulfing in electricity that arced and sparked about his knuckles and forearms, his remaining axe now tucked away.

——Mysterious Ruins [Eggpire Campaign]

All that remained to enter through this amphibious gateway was herself and the human, Ethan. He approached her upon her request, claiming that his injuries "could be worse". She expected nothing less from a human, almost all the ones she'd met during her time aboard the SR-1 and SR-2 Normandy's would have had more or less a similar response, if not remixed a little. Well, perhaps outside of Joker, the ship's pilot. That was the kind of human who enjoyed to complain.

"Of course it could have been worse," Tali replied, her omni-tool glowing as it prepared the medi-gel, transferring it into a sprayable mist that her omni-tool could quite easily administer to surface wounds---the gel itself was much faster and much better for internal injuries. "But that doesn't mean it isn't bad."

Hovering her omni-tool over his few wounds, the spray began to land. It would have felt cold, though quickly become a comfortable warm against his skin as it set to work sealing his wounds immediately. "You humans are all the same," she stated, though her tone didn't imply this had malicious implications. In fact, she sounded humored. "A um . . . 'friend' of mine, Shepard, he'd get injuries like this. Then he'd run around, still playing soldier, and he only he stopped to let me tend to these when the fight was over."

She felt her mouth go dry as she recalled the implanted memories, and Shepard's participation in the "tournament". Swallowing, she pulled her omni-tool back once it was finished. "Anyway, the others are eager to get themselves killed. How about we try and prevent that from happening?" she gestured toward the gateway.

Tal'Set of the Saquin Nation

——Twin Peaks [Calamity Campaign]

Even as the girl spoke, their allies---and "ally" in the goat-man---arrived. Tal'Set glanced back to the spear-jabbing lizard. Lizard-creatures were entities the Son of Stone had the most experience in dealing with, enough so that any compassion for reptiles had long since vanished, save for the rare dinosaurs he could receive aid from in battle.

He simply leaped down from the rock, the spear jabbing up over his head, though he grabbed behind the speartip as he dropped, and used the rock between himself and the Lizalfo to break the spear in half, using his own weight as a counterbalance. Once beside Tethi, he'd heft his speartip like a javelin toward the nearest enemy in range---the creature that had spat a rock at Tethi, appearing dazed not far off. If the speartip wasn't available, he'd merely notch and release an arrow its way.

"We are exposed here," the Turok stated. Even as the others joined into the fray (the goat-man not surprisingly trying to be friendly toward the creatures. A gross mistake), there were still far too many of these beasts to handle from their position. Not like this. Along his necklace that hung around his neck, Tal'Set pulled up a long and thin piece of a wood from it. Quickly, he blew into the whistle, which let out a shrill noise, one that sounded beastial and unlike any other whistle.

A dark shadow blotted out the sun for a moment, revealing a massive form gliding through the air. "That is our ride," the Fury of Hope gestured toward it. "We shall take to the skies."

Missiles suddenly began to rain down haphazardly upon the enemy army from the dark figure above, growing larger and growing closer. It was evident that the missiles weren't guided, nor were they directed by any pilot, instead launching without any true purpose upon the beast army, expectedly providing distraction enough that the other heroes could move in with a stronger resolve, while the Quetzalcoatlus would glide his way down to the barren part of the battlefield, Tal'Set racing to meet it, gesturing for Tethi to join him---though he would not force her. She had come this way with a similar intent to himself and the others (excluding the goat), obviously, and his Quetzalcoatlus was his mean of getting her out of harm's way.

King Asgore Dreemurr

——The Quiet Forest [Dedede Campaign]

This sounded more like the work of a mercenary than the work of a king. Asgore found distaste in it, though he did focus on the "Dead or Alive" bit. If all went well, he could chat with these "miscreants", get them to agree to meet with the tree, and then they could negotiate, or he could negotiate a relocation for them out of the tree's territory. If that was all that was needed to be granted safe passage, Asgore wasn't about to pass it up.

"Hm . . ." the king stroked his beard once more. "I accept your terms. Simply point us in the right direction!"

THE BANISHED CAMPAIGN

MISSION ONE (A) - TRIVIAL

——Spirit Crystal Cavern

Zygetus the Ambitious let out a howl, yanked forcefully back by an explosion he paid no heed to, followed by a double-wammy---Ray striking against his head going one way, while Samus pummeled into him from the other. Head spun the wrong way, the dead Brute slammed into the ground, pinned beneath Samus.

It might have been a little overkill, but perhaps Samus was just accustomed to double-tapping her foes, as she then proceeded to reduce his top half into ash, finally killing the ambitious alien.

The fight itself had traveled to just out of the entrance of the cavern upon its conclusion, and behind Samus and Ray, what was left of the cavern entrance crumbled, sealing up the way they'd come from. Sunlight shone from above, lighting up the greenery abound, pine forests sprouted up all around, and a single unnatural structure stood several meters away, a large metal platform with two ramps on either side of it, loaded with metal crates, and a control panel, a small creature was frantically screaming into the console, a triangular tank on its back. The Grunt was presumably calling for back-up, though as of now, no reinforcements filled the valley, as the only sounds outside of the barking of the small alien were the birds in the surroundings trees.

——UAC Research Facility Prometheus

>>Masaru's Wrath<<<
Hit 1: 10 + 9[STR] x1.5[Rage Bonus] = 28.5
Imp: 19 + 5[DUR] = 24
Hit 2: 16 + 9[STR] x1.5[Rage Bonus] x1.5[Combo Stack] = 56.25
Imp: 5 + 5[DUR] = 10
Hit 3: 19 + 9[STR] x1.5[Rage Bonus] x2 [Combo Stack] = 84
Imp: 1 + 5[DUR] x0.5[Roll Debuff] = 3
Results: Uh... Yeah, Masaru's got this.

Despite his flimsy physique and teensy frame, Masaru was packing more of a punch (or baseball bat swing) than the initial Imp was expecting, the first hit knocking it back, eyes widening slight in visible, demonic confusion, before the swings kept coming. Exactly as Masaru had been wanting, he reduced its head to a pile of mush in seconds before the demon's body finally evaporated in a flash of fire and ash. Even the mindless zombies momentarily stopped for a moment to watch the carnage.

Only once Masaru was done with the corpse upon its disintegration would they continue to lumber forward, the two remaining Imps tossing fireballs at Masaru from afar. He'd gotten quite lucky with his display, but if he didn't do something a little more substantial soon, he took the high risk of getting overwhelmed and killed.

————————

6, 16
>>The Grab<<<
Howard: 11 + 13[DX] = 24
Hell Knight: 8 + 5[AG] = 13
Results: Howard is successful
>>The ORAORAORAORA<<<
Arm Legion: 6 + 18[STR] + 16[DMG] = 40
Hell Knight: 6 + 14[DUR] = 20
Volley 2: 17 + 18[STR] + 16[DMG] = 51
Hell Knight: 17 + 14[DUR] = 31
Volley 3: 17 + 18[STR] + 16[DMG] = 51
Hell Knight: 19 + 14[DUR] = 33
Results: -58 HP

Hell Knight HP: -20.16 / 40
Howard HP: 89.17 / 110

Howard's strategy proved fruitful, the Hell Knight's own momentum being used against it as its strike resulted in it being thrown through the air by the Arm Legion, which dove in to begin pummeling the demon relentlessly, each punch seemed to dive further and further into it until---it ceased to move, the last few strikes caving in its already inverted chest cavity even more.

Yet Howard was given little time to breathe, as fire suddenly began to flash on all sides of him, revealing more Imps, at least a dozen, that had appeared, snarling. And accompanying them? Two more Hell Knights, their flaming blue fists making it clear that they were ready for a fight. Howard was wasting his time here, it was likely waves like these would never end, and they were impeding upon his chance to save the woman he'd heard.​

——Banished Outpost Gau'lgerrk

>>Copen's Burn + Escape<<<
Copen: 14 + 13[AG] = 27
Jackal: 8 + 6[DX] = 14
Results: Copen is successful
>>Brutes like to manhandle<<<
Brute: 9 + 6[DX] = 15
Copen: 13 + 13[AG] = 26
Results: The Brute is unsuccessful

The Jackal screeched, its fangs centimeters away from plunging into Copen's neck only for flames to lash violently out at its own exposed neck, and it was flung through the air, attempting to cling to Copen when he lunged forward, resulting in it getting flung through the air, crashing hard against a Brute, who seemed more annoyed than damaged by it as he grabbed the creature before it could even fall to the ground and ripped it in a half as a display of his annoyance.

As the second Jackal still screeched about, its missing hand still an issue for it, the third Jackal brought his shield to bear, and as Copen landed against it, releasing energy into it, the blue shield shifted into a red glow, but didn't break, leaving Copen to vault backward off of it. The nearest Brute attempted to grab him by his leg, but missed as Copen sailed backward through the air. It was evident that the Brutes would quickly resort to melee combat if he got close enough, while the Jackals seemed content with hiding behind their shields and keeping at a distance. The Grunts, meanwhile, were just cannon fodder.

A shadow seemed to pass over the furthest Brute, however, and before anyone was any the wiser, the Brute turned on his comrades with a wide grin, releasing shredder rounds into one of his own, dropping him, then the handless Jackal, before the others realized what was happening: Gengar was possessing this Brute.​

Specter Arc

ping! pang!

The pop shots fired off hit the side of the cockpit, then another grazed the monkey's helmet. These were both too close calls to just ignore. So the machine swiveled the top half toward BJ's supposed position, and with a flick of a lever, a flurry of projectiles littered BJ's side of the field, suppressive fire well in play. Of course, this meant abandoning the pursuit of Axe, but who cares! This guy got a gun!

Masaru

Masaru liquified the imp, it's blood splattering across the floor. Some of its blood splashed up across the right side of his face. His vision was blurry from his rage, the sharpness in his eyes dulled slightly upon the kill, albeit it wasn't fully satiated. His heavy breathes were the the only sound, aside the flames that became to conjure from the other imps, preparing to throw their fireballs.

Masaru wiped his cheek of some of the blood, standing up. There were more to go. Many of them. Judging from the look of that thing they guarded back there, it seemed they neglected to move all the flammable objects. Canisters. This gave him an idea.

"I won't be afraid. I'm not afraid...not anymore!!"

He blocked one fireball with the pan he wielded, though the fireball finally destroyed the pan, leaving a burn mark on Masaru's shirt from where I barley blocked it. Dropping the now useless pan, he readied up, and as the second fireball came his way...he swung at it. He attempted to bat the fireball toward the combustable containers that was underneath the...beating thing back there.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums

Fjorrd leapt in for an attack of the electric variety, the Fazent responding by swinging its chainsaw leg, the weapon whirring to life as it moved through the air and towards the nord. Before the attack made contact, however, Aegislash slammed into the side of the chainsaw, hilt glowing white as he used Iron Head, causing it to break into pieces as he successfully smashed through.

The dragonborn’s own move indeed taught the soldier a lesson, fists colliding with the Fazent’s other leg, electricity arcing throughout the rest of its body, causing it to seize up. Its whole body trembled as some of the metal plates covering its exterior fell apart, though the machine gun just below the head managed to swivel down towards Fjorrd, letting out a labored hum before firing a storm of bullets at the dragonborn.

Store Ruins
Mercurymon’s theory was proven correct as the Digimon easily slammed the man against the nearby wall, mirror protecting him from the flames, reflecting them back at the man. The fire covering the man’s body was dying out now, revealing certain sections of the armor had melted, and whatever skin had been exposed had been completely charred. The superpowered soldier seemed unable to deal with the intensity of his own powers.

“GRAAAH…!”

Despite his injuries, the man fought on, letting out a scream that resembled agony more than it did rage, another burst of flames being expelled from his body, burning brighter than they had moments earlier, threatening to completely engulf Mercurymon.

Copen

Copen was, of course, surprised to see one of the Brutes turn on his brethren, shredding through a Brute before finishing off the handless Jackal. It took him a moment to realize he hadn’t spotted Gengar in a while, coming to the conclusion that he had been lurking in the shadows, waiting for his chance to strike. Now, he was aiding by possessing a Brute, effectively splitting the aliens’ attention.

With this in mind, the Luminous Avenger iX ran towards the last of the Jackals, figuring Gengar would be better suited for dealing with the Brute. He would swing his Razor Wheel at the creature’s weakened shield three times, the energy buzzsaw extending into the form of a chainsaw for the second swing, before the third one would enlarge the weapon into a massive saw to finish off the young man’s three-hit combo.

Last edited:

Mercurymon

The man continuums to fight on, his flames stoking themselves with the agony of their user. A familiar tactic that his previous lord, Cherubimon employed. It soon became obvious that he wasn't going to just beat him down like this, as the fire encroached, Mercurymon backed off a few feet, stalling time from the flames to burn him.

"Have at you!" Mercurymon shouted. "Dark Relfection!"

Out of his mirror came a pillar of flames, the one he absorbed earlier! Turns out the man's body was charred underneath all that fire, that means he must be vulnerable to it! So all he need do was burn up all the firewood so the fire would die out.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samus
The bounty hunter very much heard the crack, signifying the Brute's death. However, she was nothing if not through, and soon the Brute was beyond dead. Hopefully. She had enough of aliens coming back from death, with a particularly nasty draconic one coming to mind.
She hardly looked around the corpse, but it gave her notable information. It didn't evaporate like Metroid, nor did it change into a gelatinous X-parasite. Wherever she was, it was unbothered by both. This was new, entirely untouched by Chozo. Curious.
All this was processed in only a few seconds, leaving Samus plenty of time to note the small, ugly creature calling into a machine-looking object. Samus reacted quickly, pointing her arm cannon threateningly and approaching, aiming to intimidate the thing into pausing. However, if it so much as uttered another alien syllable, even by its own obliviousness, it would suffer the same fate as Zygetus.

Lucario
The aura pokemon's ears perked as he heard a rumble from above, turning from the monkey to the sight of tree trunks rolling his direction.
So, that's how they were playing? Alright then.
Lucario's arms tensed, glowing as he proceeded to Meteor Mash the logs, bashing his fists and splitting each in half, until only one was left. Instead, his eyes flashed purple as the log was frozen by a mental energy. Lucario psychically raised the log, before sending it flying, slamming the obstacle right in front of Ozzie.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
Store Ruins

The soldier responded to Mercurymon’s attack in kind, a torrent of flame bursting from his charred arms to meet the fire heading his way. The two fiery moves clashed, searing heat expanding throughout the hallway, a bright light emanating from the point where the streams of flame collided. The heat and light only seemed to get more intense with each passing second, Mercurymon’s reflected flames now clearly overpowering the man’s, before they proceeded to consume him soon after.

“AAAGH!!!”

After a few moments, the fire died out, revealing the soldier’s charred body on the ground, his now exposed chest rising and falling, albeit barely.

“Damn you, Demerzel…!” Was the last thing he rasped out before his body ceased to move.​

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
Aggron
"AAAAA!!"
Suddenly, the heavy Pokemon let out a roar that caused hundreds of surrounding birds to flee from treetops. Aggron appeared to have finished sharpening its prized horns against the stone, both of them looking a bit more polished, and a lot less dull. With how his gaze was locked, it almost appeared as if the Pokemon was gearing up to charge at and attack Whispy.

Luckily, it didn't seem that Aggron was foolish enough to do such a thing. He did take off charging, however, taking a sharp turn and barreling down the route Whispy had created for them. His thunderous footsteps and suddenly aggressive attitude could only mean one thing.
Aggron was feeling EXTRA SHARP.

Ethan Winters
Ethan listened to her as she applied the mist to his wounds. It quickened the healing process even further, and he was grateful. It was also a bit more pleasant than dumping bottles of herbal fluid onto himself, and a lot more convenient, since it didn't leave him smelling like chemicals. Whoever this person was, wherever she came from, the technology was a lot more advanced than what he was used to back home. It was a good reminder of just how bizarre this whole scenario was.

"Sounds like he and I have a lot in common, then," Ethan spoke. He was unsure of how to feel about the comment of humans being all the same, but wasn't about to start bitching about it to the person who'd just sealed his wounds. It sounded like she had a point, anyways, at least in regards to whatever humans she was familiar with. Working injured was bad, of course, but it could be hard to resist not pushing onward anyways for Ethan. Assuming the payoff was great enough.
Once again, he was reminded of Rose.

"...Yeah. Sounds like a plan," Ethan nodded in agreement. Even though he didn't know these people, he knew it would be for the best to stick with them. They were the only chance he had left, after all.
Pushing his hair away from his bandaged eyes, Ethan entered through the gateway.

Nozomi
Her barrage of bullets was brought to a halt as one of the creatures got in her way, wielding a spiked club and metal shield. Nozomi huffed, nudging her heel into Kelpie's side, causing the demon to slow down.
In one fluid motion, Nozomi switched her shotgun out for her pistol, staring down at the Lizalfo from horseback.

"Nice shield," she commented to the foe, firing off a heavily charged electric bullet directly at the conductive piece of metal, aiming to zap the critter to its grave.

comic

Terror-Billy
Damn it! This Stormtrooper aim wasn't cutting it, so BJ ducked back as suppressive fire came his way, hopefully giving Axe an opportunity to . . .
Hang on.

"Hey, kid!" Cupping one hand to his mouth, he shouted out toward the boy. "Axe!" he added as a means to capture his attention. "If you've got something explosive, get it ready, and use it on my signal! And run!"

He really hoped the kid would understand it, as the signal would be an explosive of William's own, as he swapped out the Sturmgewehr for his Laserkraftwerk, switching the settings of it for but a moment, before he took aim up over his cover, calculating the trajectory of the ape's position and the canyon wall, before he fired. A great glob of plasma spat out of the weapon, spazzing through the air before striking a portion of the canyon wall, aiming to break it off, or at least weaken it enough for Axe's own explosive (if he had one) to add to the mix, and bring a landslide toppling down on their foe.

Fjorrd
The nord laughed as his foe seized up, obvious signs of damage racking up, but one of its barrels was swinging his way.

The dragonborn stepped forward, placing his hands on the barrel and attempting to shove it the other why, still outputting some lightning magic as he did so, eventually resulting in him trying to rip the weapon away, and if successful, proceed to use it as an electrified club to beat the construct apart with, all the while laughing, giddy with glee.

THE BANISHED CAMPAIGN

MISSION ONE (A) - TRIVIAL
The Grunt had looked back at Samus in time to see her make her very obvious statement without words, and he froze up. If this were an animated kids film, he likely would have pooped, a scene that would appear in every trailer for the movie before release. "O-oh, hi, me not see you there!" he barked nervously. "W-welcome to Outpost R'tul'ch- uh, R'tub- fuck, uh, R'tuc- R't- R-R'tul'chus. Outpost R'tul'chus! How can me humbly help you today?"

Due to unrealistic physics and a balance in gameplay, Masaru was in fact able to hit the fireball with his bat, despite all odds. The ball of hellfire spat back and toward the cannisters, Masaru's aim ringing true, before contact was mide. A screech filled the air, ear-piercing, enough to shatter glass as an inferno engulfed the heart. The zombies all proceeded to drop in heaps, as though recently held up by now cut strings.

The two remaining Imps shrieked along with the heart as it rapidly wilted in the explosion, before it was all over as quickly as it had begun, and the heart beat no more.

But the Imps remained, and they seemed pissed. Or perhaps that was the demon facial expression for mildly annoyed.

To make a long story short, Copen pretty much went overkill on the Jackal. With it decimated, the last Brute had turned his weapon successfully on his brother, roaring in what could have been anguish and confusion as he fired. The possessed alien was felled, but as a shadow quickly emerged from its corpse, materializing as Gengar, it launched a shadow ball through the air. Before the last Brute even realized what was happening, he too had been felled, collapsing in a heap.

Gengar did a little jig in the air, sticking his tongue out at the corpse as the speakers activated overhead once again, first spitting out some words in an alien tongue, a barbaric language, no doubt curses, before it spoke in english.

"Why are you here, human?" it asked, voice a low growl. "You know not what power you meddle with. We are but a grain of sand in the wind compared to our full might, and you may bring a desert upon you for your transgressions!"

Masaru

Success!

The fire was bright, maybe a bit too bright? He couldn't help but since his eyes as it burst alive, although the imps didn't seem too bothered by it. Maybe hell was hotter than that?

He'd be lying if his rage had begun to simmer down, along with that, his muscles fatigue in his arms. Maybe he went a little too all out on that one imp. What was he going to do about these two? Instead of sticking around to find out, he electing to bolt right out of there, barging through the now battered door out into the cafeteria once more. He needed to find the way out, not get bogged down in battle.

Mercurymon

"How incorrigible. The puppet master breaks their toys to stop our advance." Mercurymon said, his lips curving upwards in a smile. "One would almost get the idea that desperation fueled such an action. Fear. How humiliating, ha! Come, let us find why these humans were here to begin with."

Mercurymon marched forward, as if a battle hadn't even taken place. He would go to higher ground and see why they had been stationed here. Surely there was a purpose. Or if he were lucky, he'd locate someone with authority to interrogate.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ray Mk. III
With a loud thump, the body of the giant hit the earthen surface, appearing to have died. Well.. a shame he had to be killed. Ray would've liked if he could at least spare him as he wasn't used to being a killer of.. well, living beings. Custom Robos were a different matter, since they were designed to be re-usable shells. And now, his mechanical ally blasted the corpse as well. This.. was strange to the Commander. ..or rather, the Robo. Attacking a lifeless shell? How odd. Either way, it wasn't something he'd care for.. if his ally thought it was wise to do so, it probably was.

Turning his attention to the grunt, Ray quickly set into motion. Parkouring his way over via bounding off of the rocky walls, using his airdashes and using gravity-defying running to quickly move along, the Robo noted that it seemed to be fidgeting and screaming around with some kind of console.. or whatever this technological thing was. At least, it did so before his ally stopped it from doing so. Figuring his ally could handle this creature, the Robo set his eyes on the metal crates.

Running ahead of his ally once again, the Custom Robo leaped towards the platform, using the boost from its air dashes to move towards the crate closest to it. As it did so, its firing arm begun changing - as the white and red plates of the blaster retracted into the arm, they were quickly replaced with orange, dark green and yellow parts. The Gatling Gun, as the Commander knew of it, was now equipped onto his Mini Warrior. And with it now aimed at the lid of the nearest crate, the Tiny Robot attempted to blast it open to see what its contents were.

..here, he was hoping it wasn't the 'food' those creatures were eating..

Terrarian
Deciding to lag behind, the Terrarian un-summoned Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, the creature disappearing in a puff of golden sparkles. And with a Dash to the side, the Terrarian crouched to activate his Vortex' Stealth Boost, becoming nigh invisible, cloaked within a dark-blue shade. He opted to provide fire support instead, seeing as how his current loadout did not allow him to get too close, else he may hurt himself with his own weapons.

Now armed with the S.D.M.G, the infamous SPACE DOLPHIN MACHINE GUN, the Terrarian attempted to fire his precisest shots from his aquatic armament at the incoming projectiles fired at his group, trying to knock them out of the air before they could hit their targets. Of course, this wasn't exactly an easy task to do but with the rapid fire of non-swaying bullets flying in a straight line, this should be easier to accomplish than with his other firearms. That he attempted to do and.. well, if he could find any flying enemies, he'd be sure to send some bullets their way, too.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Samus
The bounty hunter didn't move her arm cannon, though she was surprised the alien knew English. Still, it worked in her favor. Linguist as she was, the language it had been speaking before wasn't familiar.
After a brief silence, Samus finally spoke.
"Who were you talking to?" she questioned, her voice deep, but clearly from a woman.

Noiseless Forest
The trio would walk through Whispy's path, which was much longer than expected. Eventually there was no longer a path to follow as the trees began thinning out, with a notable amount of them left as stumps, and others appearing sickly and malnourished. It was clear that they were almost out of the forest itself, and yet there was no sign of any creatures.
Until a faint voice could be heard, high pitched yet commanding, followed by multiple, equally pitched voices replying. It was difficult to make out, until they had approached enough to come to a clearing in the forest.
It was a strange sight, to say the least. A squad of orange, blobby creatures wielding shoddy spears were marching along the clearing, as another one-uniquely wearing a blue bandana-watched over.
"I don't know but I've been told~!" it chanted.
"OUR KING'S WORTH HIS WEIGHT IN GOLD~!" they cheered.
For now, they appeared unaware of the new arrivals..

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums

In a display of strength and sheer awesomeness, Fjorrd managed to push the machine gun's barrel away, causing it to fire to the side in short bursts, subsequently being ripped from the Fazent's body. What followed was a brutal beatdown, the dragonborn using the barrel as a club as he slammed it into the machine over and over again, sending metal and scrap flying everywhere, before one of his swings severed the top half from the bottom, and the machine's pinkish lights faded away as the now powerless mech fell to the ground, a small white flag popping up from its head, now in a much worse state than it had been moments ago. It probably wouldn't be recovering from that one.

An orb of light left the destroyed Fazent once more, landing a ways behind Fjorrd and Aegislash, the soldier in purple taking form. He didn't drop to a knee this time, though his heaving shoulders and trembling knees indicated he was still exhausted. Even so, he weakly raised his blaster, aiming at Fjorrd.

"Even if I fall..." he choked out, gasping for air every few seconds. "Sumeragi will prevail. Our order will not be broken...!"

With that, he fired one more burst of plasma bolts at the nord.

Store Ruins
And so Mercurymon pushed on, his quest for higher ground leading him up the flight of stairs once more, the others presumably following behind. There were no more soldiers in their way as they ascended, heading all the way up to highest floor of the ruined mall, a mostly untouched '4' painted into the nearby wall. This floor seemed to be a food court, a few of the stands locked behind rolling gates. Each stand had a certain signature dish to entice customers, namely takoyaki and okonomiyaki, with another one simply reading 'Try our mystery box!'.

Some rustling could be heard near the takoyaki stand, coming from within a pile of rubble that seemed to have been manually arranged by someone, almost like a barricade. A destroyed patrol bot could be seen nearby, a few sparks flying off its remains, a soldier in green laying unmoving next to it, visor melted into their face. Some sort of conflict had broken out here, it seemed.

Copen
An alien voice came in through the speakers overhead, spewing out a bunch of incomprehensible words before speaking in a language he could understand. The creature questioned his crusade, claiming that the forces he'd seen thus far were nothing compared to the full might of their faction.

If Lola had been at his side at that moment, she probably would have said something along the lines of 'we've got plenty of experience taking down armies of bad guys, thank you very much'. Of course, that wasn't the case, and Copen was not one to make such snarky remarks, so he instead headed deeper into the facility, towards where he figured that exit elevator would be, beckoning for Gengar to follow, uttering a single sentence in response to the alien behind the comms.

"I don't care how powerful your army is."​

Last edited: