• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Bootleg Bros Ultimate (Paused)

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d

Tal'Set of the Saquin Nation

Strange. The spirits that zipped about at the creature's call, however, did little to ease the warrior's dilemma. "Spirits, now under your control," he pointed out. "How am I to believe that you did not kill them intentionally? How are you to know about these spirits, where I do not? This is not the first reality I have fought in, yet this is the first of these spirits I have seen. Why should I trust your word when I should expect you to try and claim my spirit next? Or the spirits of those around us?"

This interrogation clearly didn't seem to be going anywhere. It might require third-party intervention to quell it from getting out of hand.

—————————THE BANISHED CAMPAIGN—————————

MISSION ONE (A) - TRIVIAL

This particular screen appeared to have restricted access, as many of the video, audio, and data files that could attempted to be accessed simply gave an "Insufficient Permissions" notification. However, after only a few seconds of viewing, the blinking green light stopped blinking, instead shining indefinitely, meaning Howard had evidently done something.

The next second, the sound of static emitted from the console, and a feminine voice etched in through the breaks in static;

"Is there s----------own there? Can you hear me? Director Mal-----------trapped on the third floor, plea---------elp me! They're alm-----ough the door-------ello!?"

An investigation of the various buttons on the panels could have been confusing, but a small microphone off to the right of the console possessed a button just south of it, undoubtedly indicating a method of communicating back to this unknown individual.

MISSION ONE (B) - TRIVIAL

As Ray bounded ahead, following the given trail, a gentle breeze could be felt---had the small robot had any way to sense that. If so, it was a strong indicator of an exit from these claustrophobic tunnels full of wondrous green crystal, but as he progressed, he could find that the trail of footprints became more numerous, indicating that there were even more creatures than first assumed, or that the creatures had spent a lot of time here. Either way, it seemed slightly more fresh than before, so they were nearing their destination.

And that was when the distant sounds of guttural barks and growls could be heard, sounds echoing from deep up ahead. It was highly likely the culprits of the earlier corpse and the track trail were the cause of these sounds as well.

MISSION ONE (C) - TRIVIAL

Gengar didn't appear enthused at the request, no doubt desiring to watch Copen do all the work for its amusement, but it offered a simple shrug before it hovered forward, eyeing the sleeping grunts as it neared. However, just before it could reach the door, a sudden alarm began to blare, and all five of the grunts leaped up from the crouched positions with shouts.

Behind Copen, the grunt he'd knocked out earlier was leering at him, leathery hand pressed against a rather subtle-looking lever that almost blended into the wall, no doubt the cause of the alarms going off. "You mess up big times!" the unggoy screeched happily as the others pulled out their own weapons. Four wielded the same energy weapons as the ones from before, but the furthest grunt wore armor shaded a deep blue as opposed to the orange of the others, and his weapon was of a different design, rows of pink crystals sticking out of the back of it. This grunt was likely of a higher rank than the others around it.

They were quick to open fire, green globs of plasma blasting all down the hall, followed up by a row of pink crystals zipping through the air. Due to the nature of Gengar, the needles passed harmlessly by and through him, not even tracking the ghost, but instead were locked onto Copen, the crystals tilting and changing direction in the air to follow him. While Gengar was immune to that, the green plasma would do serious damage, its element not able to be ignored by the spirit.

If not dispatched quickly, it was safe to assume that the grunts would quickly be joined by the large brutes that had been mentioned, one of which had been seen in holographic form.

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Aegiomon

"Well we have something like these where I come from. Digi-eggs are what appear when other Digimon die, and they are brought to primary villages to reincarnate. Although this does seem a bit different than that...I can still feel their souls and spirits within."

Right when he felt like he might have been getting through, Tal'set made yet another bold claim on him, treating him as a foe. This made Aegiomon even more confused.

"Wait a second, under my control? Who said that? I don't want to control anybody. Thought we've been over this??"

Axe
As Missiles came towards the boy, Axe was left recalling how his monster form handled them poorly. Assuming these missiles followed the same track of following him, he moved to simply dispose of it in the air before it was stopped by the old man. Before Axe could even wave a thanks, more and more began to happen. The next thing he could make out, the last of the missile launching beasts was falling, as if intending to take Kragg with it by landing on him.
"Oh no you don't!" Finally leaping into action, Axe let the Red Stone shine bright in his hands as it seemed to try and match the strength of the missiles themselves, pushing his shield off the ground to launch himself at the silo before moving to strike it - His intention to knock it away with the help of the red stone so the resulting impact would not effect him or Kragg.

Kiwi
"Huh?" Before Kiwi could concern themselves further, a voice rang out in the area, clearly noticed by the cat as well. It sounded as though it was talking in old english, and...was calling them cowards.
"Yeah, I hear that. Maybe it is what brought you here, let's find out!" They managed to say, deciding to prove the voice otherwise - Perhaps they become a tad friendlier. Of course, Kiwi had no idea what a Yo-Kai was, but that was not a primary concern. "Alright, where are you then? And what do you mean by War on the horizon???" Kiwi...did not believe what the voice had said last. Or least, they hoped that those of other worlds would not be so quick to war so soon...

Tethi
"Yes!" Tethi let out a small cheer seeing as the invading force retreating. While she had no idea why this conflict started, she did remember she disliked the idea of invasions and the like.
Despite this, she noticed that someone, up in the air, kept pursuing the retreating forces - And while she couldn't condone something like that fully, she did understand why someone in this fortress would want that. Sneaking past the forces she had assisted, who seemed proud to survive, she sneakily began to follow the horde and the continued attacker, not engaging with the enemy but still following, using every rock and the like she could to hide from sight of the beasts - She wanted to find where they came from, and who started this. During all this, she neglected to remember Khepri, who had went back out onto the bridge and was now flying around in awkward confusion near some kind of pink blob, not noticing much else.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Kirby
Kirby clapped as he saw the monsters run away to what seemed to be their base of operations. They had won!
Sure it looked like they had a few losses, many of which were floating around as what looked like gas balls, but it was still a victory. Even Nozomi made it.
Well, almost. Kirby saw conflict happen between a goat kid and a rather angry man. Now that wouldn't do.
The pink puff dropped down from the citadel, landing right between the two parties. In true Kirby fashion, he proceeded to do his infamous victory dance. Dancing always solved conflict!
It was only halfway through he realized they hadn't joined in.
...This really was a new world, and a rather bleak one at that.

Lucario
Lucario held firm on the monkey, staring it down.
"Listen here you-"
But could hardly talk to it before the mech they stood on flashed a warning siren. Almost immediately after, two drones were released from the steamroller, and fired an assault of missiles!
Lucario's eyes widened, before he seemed to vanish from sight, allowing the missiles to explode on the steamroller. In the blink of an eye, Lucario reappeared behind one of the drones, monkey still in hand. Lucario sent out a swift kick against the drone, using the force to fly back a safe distance.

Whispy Woods
Ignoring Asgore's pleas, Whispy fired large air bullets towards Asgore, which would split into three and spread towards the others. His roots blocked Max Brass's attacks with their flexibility and numbers, before suddenly curling around the Roaster, holding in place. Whispy shook his whole body, sending a wave of massive, deceptively tough apples towards Max, and three large glowing fruits towards the approaching Aggron. The fruits would explode upon making contact with him or the floor, and leave a circle of fire where they do.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Copen
Damn it, he hadn't expected the grunt from earlier to wake up so soon. He would've been better off killing him too.

The alarm was going off now, and it was only a matter of time before reinforcements came in. He had to make it quick. Copen's eyes darted from one grunt to the next, taking note of the different weapon one of them wielded, featuring pink crystals sticking out of the back. After a brief moment, they all opened fire on him, and the cyborg's armor transformed almost instantaneously.

While it had been slightly bulky and colored white and scarlet while in its Break-Shift form, this split-second shift now left it almost completely white in color, the panels on the breastplate shifting around to Copen's back, forming a large thruster. Bits and pieces of his armor flipped, shifted and opened to form vernier jets on his arms and legs, giving Copen a far sleeker look. and the two thrusters already located above his shoulders became crimson in color.

This was Copen's Bullit-Shift form, entirely focused on speed.

All of iX's thrusters expelled blue flames as they flared to life in unison, lifting him off the ground and towards the ceiling to avoid the initial wave of attacks, Copen ricochetting off it and redirecting himself towards the single Grunt behind him, moving quickly enough to leave azure afterimages as he flew. He'd aim to smack the Grunt with his Razor Wheel, sky-blue attachments coming out of the front of the device. Should the blow not outright kill the Grunt, it would place a tag on him, a pink X manifesting over his body. Soon after, the cyborg's Razor Wheel would release a series of homing buzzsaws that would head straight for his foe.

Last edited:

Specter Arc

Right as the drone was about to fly down and detonate on Kragg, Axe intercepted, knocking the drone out of the way, spiraling it over to the side. Lucario then followed this up by punting it down toward the treeline, half Submerging it in the ground. The dirt softened the ensuing explosion, rocking the trees behind them as they became a charcoal black. Now with the drones and the steamroller out of commission...

...They were safe for now.

The ape still in Lucario's grasp was shaken up, clinging to the bipedal pokemon, still processing the sudden detonation that just happened.

Mercurymon

"Ah, but indeed thee do know to what it is I refer. Lest we forget the voice you heard in your heads? Mmm?"

A flicker of an image appear on small puddle on the floor, disappearing as quick as it came.

"Tis but a memory thou share, is it not? Then surely one is to recall that in which the voice spoke of. In fact, I believe you have already run across some of them before."

The armed guards and drones came to mind, foes they've come across too often already. Suddenly, out of the reflection of a vending machine behind the duo, came a large figure with shiny green metal, mirrors on several parts of his body. His face was nothing but a singular circular mirror with faint lips on it, moving as he spoke.

"Though fret not my dear outliers, for I, Mercurymon, shall help guide you to thine own survival."

Kiwi
The Bard was actually somewhat surprised by the talker revealing themselves, trying to take a closer look but finding it awkward to look into a mirror so hard.
"Well, that's awfully kind of you, but.." They began to respond to that last part. "While I'm sure having someone else accompany us, we don't really need a guide, per say." Was claimed, with a shake of their head.

"Besides, I'm not really sure I trust that voice anyway! I came here of my own will, after all, and there's always a better solution than war!" They soon added.
But with that claim, this time, Kiwi let their singing voice shine through their words, with a high pitch and tone that showed intrigue and joy. The sing-song voice itself was serene and hopeful, yet felt like it could sharply drop in tone in an instant if the singer so chose. And, in a more noticeable sense, may have had a calming sensation to it for those who heard it.

Mercurymon

The mirror warrior paused, the bard singing to show their distaste for ear and their yearning for harmony. This however, did not impressive the warrior of steel, who frowned in response to this.

"Thoust would conquer thy enemies through voice alone? Pardon my harsh judgment, but one would be more likely to win a staring contest with thine sun. Nay, a war has already begun, and the two of thee have found thyselves embroiled right in the heart!"

He stepped forward, kneeling down to match eye to mirror level with Kiwi, his lip curling up on one side in a smirk as their own face stared back at them.

"Surely an enemy that seeks to destroy thee and thy friends must be stopped, must they not? After all, who's to say they would even stop there."

Kiwi
Despite the Steely warrior's words, kneeling, and frown, the much smaller singer did not back away in fear of any kind.
"Well...I've seen war ended by words and song, it's possible, even if it's started!" They revealed.

As they stood to the tip of their toes, a look of determination in their voice as the singing voice still poked through. If one were to look around a little, some of the metal around the area began to swerve slightly, towards the singer in response to the song.
"There's more way to stop people than hurting them back. Do what you want to, or what might be right, but I'm going to try it without hurting anyone I don't have to."

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Hills of Baumer
The bloodthirsty Terrarian chased the monsters, cutting off their retreat prematurely. The Lizalfos took cover in the adjacent Squabble River, while the land-exclusive beasts found sparse trees and, more notably, sections a giant, hollowed-out log. Others raised their shields to block the arrows with varying degrees of success. From cover however, the creatures of darkness returned fire, and Terrarian was the target of arrows from various directions. These monsters may have just been retreating, but they wouldn't miss the opportunity to strike at one that had strayed from the pack. Unwise move from the pixelated hero
But these monsters weren't the only ones present. Octoroks, from both the river and land, popped out to fire large chunks of rock at their attacker.

Officer Howard
Someone was still alive... rescue was now his top priority, and it sounded urgent. He twisted the microphone to his mouth and pressed the button to speak. "Ma'am, this is Officer Max Howard with the NEURON Task Force. How do I get to you?" Taking his finger off the button, he looked back at Masaru. "Get ready to move." After instructing the murderous, but currently scared child, he looked back to the console awaiting a response.

Kragg
Kragg prepared to punch the final drone... before the small kid smacked it away, followed up by Lucario's kick. Looks like Kragg's go-to plan worked out, as per usual. The bug was still under the impression that the machine he stood upon was an animal of some kind, but it seemed to be dormant at the moment. He stomped on it, awaiting a reaction, but none came. So he stomped again and waited... and then again.

Jibanyan
The yo-kai blankly stared at the Digimon that appeared, then looked back and forth at the two taller folk as they talked.

"Hmph! Sorry to burst your bubble, Bakerynyom, but I don't nyeed protecting! And I've sworn to protect this human already, so you go find your own, nya!"

The cat stood in front of Kiwi, hands on his hips with a defiant look on his face... fighting the urge to wince as his stomach growled again.

comic

The creature danced around the topic, acting as though it were inherently innocent, not comprehending in the slightest how it could be perceived. The goat-man didn't appear to understand why he was the subject of this interrogation. Frankly, it was like talking to a child. A very small and innocent child.

The warrior looked over the goat-man's appearance again, noting the underdeveloped qualities more than he had before. Still not entirely convinced of its innocence, he kept his bow primed. "Prove it," he demanded. "Return their spirits."

---And then a pink blob landed between them and proceeded to dance. Upon the completion of its action, it looked expectantly at the two individuals, before an expression of disappointment lined its alien face. It wasn't human, but it also wasn't outright provoking. In the Son of Stone's experience, non-humans were typically violent and aggressive toward humans to the point of desiring total species extermination. Needless to say, this experience was new to the warrior.

King Asgore Dreemurr

His words seemed to land on deaf ears, his diplomacy was getting nowhere. There was truly no need to fight, and the king found himself on the receiving end of a bullet attack. Several orbs of magical flames materialized around the bullets, and just as they split to try and head for the others---they were all swallowed up in the fire, which Asgore was quick to extinguish to avoid burning any of the surrounding foliage.

There had to be some method of dispatching this tree without outright killing it, surely. He wasn't keen on the idea of death, especially not after he met Frisk. Still, he wasn't certain his newfound allies would hold a similar disposition. The tactic here needed to be methodical to prevent total catastrophe. Nobody needed to die today.

"Hm . . . Mister Brass, you wouldn't happen to know the name of our metallic companion, would you? I know not what to call it."

—————————THE BANISHED CAMPAIGN—————————​

More crackles came in respond to Howard's promise, broken words inking their way in, but the interference only seemed to grow more aggressive. Yet, through the static, came a different voice, its tone underlying the message as though it were the cause of the interference.

"We will devour you. Like we devoured Akira."

The voice was small and almost impossible to hear, but its message was clear. However, before it could be addressed, the scream sounded a third time, this time extremely close. Close enough that it was probably the creature whose arm had just burst out of the ground, a metal plate going flying as the rest of the beast pulled its self rapidly from the floor. Its body was of faded oranges and blues and browns, glowing molten eyes locking first onto Howard as it let out a loud screech, confirming it was the source of the sound.

ENEMY: Hell Imp

Wasting no time following its brash entrance, a ball of hellfire began to manifest in its palm.

"I regret nothing!" the original grunt cried out as Copen closed the distance rapidly toward it. The earlier hit had already left the unggoy wounded, and Copen's next hit landed smack dab over the alien's face, almost crumpling it in as it went flying back, quite clearly dead. More plasma and needles flung the Adept Slayer's way, Gengar dancing his way out of the fire after a plasma bolt had grazed his side.

"Stupid human!" one of the grunts yelled. "You mad we killed all your friends? Hahahaha!"

The alarms continued to blare relentlessly.

Mercurymon

These two meddlesome creatures are more pig headed that expected. I know grumblemon would have leaped at the chance by now. Perhaps if I knew something they wanted, I could bait them with that.

That's when he heard the stomach growling from the feline. He knew humans found food to be something to obsess over, gorging odd foods into their revolting acid pools inside themselves. What was it that fat human always ate? ...Chocolate. That was it.

"Ah, but you twist my words. I don't seek to act as thy guardians. I wish to remove the hostilities that plague this world. After all..."

He put his arm behind himself, his hand vanishing. Inside the nearby vending machine, Mercurymon's hand plucked the last remaining king sized chocolate bar in store. That's when he brought his arm out in front of the pair, his hand appearing attached once more, chocolate bar in tow.

"...There are prizes to be reaped for each of thee."

Aegiomon

"It's not that simple, I don't know how this dimension works! Maybe we can just like, ask them?"

He really didn't know how the primary village here was supposed to work, or how their revival system operated. Maybe a native around here did?

He was snapped out of his thoughts when a pink little creature danced in front of them, clearly trying to break the tension, but nobody danced with him. It looked to and fro to see everyone's reaction, to which Aegiomon nervously laughed.

"Maybe later...k bud?"

Masaru

"Hey, w-why don't you take this one, champ?"

Masaru put himself behind the officer, purposely so that he'd be sheltered from whatever this demon-demon did. This was one circumstance where he'd hope that Howard would actually kill something instead of being killed himself.

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Max Brass
A confident smile was dropped in shock as the tree caught his punch. He'd forgotten that it was possible to do that! But with large apples propelling at him, he didn't have time to focus on that. Instead, he flexed his free arm, and his muscles pulsated until...

BOOSH!

The Commish's muscles swelled to absurd size, the force of the growth deflecting the first apple away harmlessly. The next was smacked by the charged Kablammer, which exploded to send the apple hurtling back towards the tree, as was the next. Meanwhile, the Roaster in Whispy's grip combusted, with a super-hot blue flame constantly emitting from the glove. The hulking form of Max Brass turned to look at the king as he slung his Kablammer at the tree again. "Hm... a name? I think I'll call him Douglas!"

Officer Howard
The officer strained to hear the pleas over the interference, but to no avail. What he got instead was a threat, and the mention of his twin sister. The moment the voice mentioned his sibling, raw emotion gripped the previously stoic Howard's face for the first time. Fear. Fear, soon coupled by rage. If she died again.. he knew it'd be almost impossible to get her back like he did before...
There was another screech, and the creature had made its way into the room. As it rose to its feet, the Legionis gripped his X Baton tightly. Then, he went into spinning motion with a yell, suddenly bringing the gladius configuration of his weapon, the heaviest and hardest-hitting form, down upon the demon's head. Then, it switched to the blaster, and he shot the foul thing repeatedly until it was surely dead.
Howard holstered his weapon again. He took a deep breath, his rationality drawing back his rage. He realized that there was little chance Akira was there along with him, demons were trickier things than Chimeras. Even if it was too late, he had to attempt to save the director. The Axe Legion appeared, slashing down the left door with its heavy sword, before switching to the Beast Legion, which the cop hopped onto, gesturing for Masaru to hop aboard as well. As soon as he did, the wolflike Legion would race forward at high speed.

Jibanyan
As soon as the chocolate bar appeared, the cat's eyes lit up. "I guess we can add more, welcome to the team!" Then, unable to contain himself any longer, he soared through the air to attempt and intercept the candy, and, if successful, he tore open and began chomping down on the food before even landing.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Copen
"You mad we killed all your friends? Hahahaha!"

That was a possibility Copen had not considered until now. Moments before appearing in this world, he had been at the Grave Pilar, in a parallel world very different from his own. Devoid of human life, inhabited solely by mechanical lifeforms known as Workers. He, Lola and Kohaku were about to head back home through a wormhole, when a flash of golden light enveloped them all...

And now he was here. With no familiar faces in sight. God, he hoped those two were safe...

Landing back on the ground following the grunt's defeat, Copen's armor automatically switched back to Break-Shift, the young man ducking under a plasma bolt before raising his Razor Wheel, activating it as to block a series of needles that were heading for him, ripping them to shreds. More and more fire came his way, and without Lola's aid, he had no EX Weapons available to him, which certainly complicated things.

His thrusters flared up once more as he dashed to the side, leaping off a nearby wall and propelling himself higher into the air, avoiding a few more shots, before entering a hover as pink flames burst from his boots, managing to avoid a plasma bolt that would've otherwise struck him. Disabling the hover, Copen landed back on the ground, now somewhat close to the Grunts, Razor Wheel held out in front of him.

The orange-red buzzsaw manifested again, this time several times its usual size, slightly larger than Copen himself, the young man forced to hold his weapon with both hands to keep it steady. Any shots that made contact with the Razor Wheel would be cancelled out, before the massive saw was sent flying a decent ways forward before coming back towards Copen, courtesy of his Boomerazor upgrade. His goal? To shred through any alien unfortunate enough to be caught in its path.​

Mercurymon

The steel warrior let the cat leap at it and snatch the bar, all the while trying to hide his grimace from the thought of organics digesting food.

"...Right. Well, now that we are in agreement, shall we begin this little quest of ours to dismantle this hostile environment? After all, much is to be done."

His metal boots clanked against the ground as he looked out, knowing full well enemies were nearby. Perhaps a good demonstration of these two's combat capabilities?

Masaru

Two things weighed on his mind about the possibility of jumping on this robo tiger thingy. 1: a demon made machine that obeyed filthy adults. 2: OMG FRIGGIN MECHA TIGER. Masaru chose to embrace the second. He snickered, leaping atop the creature.

"Onward! Hero Robot MK:II! Crush everyone in your way!!" He shouted, bringing his baseball bat up to the air like a sword.

comic

Howard's momentary emotional relapse into rage had given even the hellspawn pause---an action that cost it dearly. Its cleaved corpse was left behind, the psychological play from the demonic invasion having successfully enacted its first stage with little to no trouble. While Masaru had yet to be targeted, leaving him to hear nothing, Howard would begin to hear distant whispers echoing about in his mind. Hushed voices that seemed vaguely familiar, as though they belonged to the people most important in his life . . . but not, at the same time, like their voices were being mimicked unnaturally.

The room Howard had opened up was revealed to be a hall, more blood trails splattered along its length, and the tentacle of flesh seemed to reappear, emerging from the ceiling to snake down the hall and out of a door to the left. This corridor possessed many doors, most of which were blocked with reinforced steel, windows beside each one, though the majority of the rooms beyond were a void-like black, revealing nothing of their interiors. The few rooms that did still have working lights displayed blank white rooms, giving the impression that these rooms were cells, or holding centers, but for what wasn't left certain for now.

The end of the hallway was met with two options. A set of stairs to the right, spiraling upward, seemed to be the most logical choice, and the wall beside them read "Level 5", indicating they weren't far from their destination. However, ahead of them was a glass door, and upon peering through it, a small gondola could be seen carrying supplies, stopped at the station outside. A set of rails appeared to take it into a dark natural cavern at an inclined interval, undoubtedly surface-bound if utilized.

The five unggoy continued to fire, though Copen's newest ploy was something they couldn't so easily best as Copen was behind it. "ME HAVE WIFE AND KID!" one grunt squealed as the blue-armored one pulled out a small blue sphere out from behind him.

"Tossin' plasma!" it laughed, the ball igniting into a fizzing sphere as the initial grunt was caught in the boomerazor as the Adept Slayer threw it. One grunt bisected as the plasma grenade nearly sailed over it and toward Copen, but the boomerazor caught it instead as it tore through a second grunt, then a third, and by the time it reached the fourth, the plasma grenade detonated.

A fierce explosion pulsed out intense heat down the corridor as the boomerazor was lodged halfway into the adjacent wall. While the fourth grunt had been consumed in the plasma, the fifth and final grunt stood in front of the door, blue armor gleaming as he continued to laugh. "What you do without stupid weapon now, huh? I'll bite your kneecaps off!"

Another hail of pink needles zipped Copen's way.​

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Officer Howard
Despite the outburst caused by the sudden emotional whiplash caused by hearing his sibling's name upon demonic lips, Howard wasn't able to be reached by the haunting whispers of the false voices. Not only did he have a natural resistance to such corruption, but due to the purifying Blueshift energy of the Legions, he would be much harder to grasp by the evil, supernatural forces than they could have anticipated.
The Beast was directed to go up the stairs, although its master made note of the gondola as a viable way of leaving once he found any survivors that he hoped were still alive. The cop took out his X Baton and readied it for battle, which, due to having a Legion active, was encased in blue energy.

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
Nozomi
“Here, let’s go ahead and point that somewhere else,” Nozomi spoke when she got close to the conversation, shortly after Kirby’s arrival (which was complete with a rather adorable dance sequence). The last thing she wanted was for that arrow to hit her new pink spherical friend, or this strange looking child- potentially another demon?

She stood between the two of them and over Kirby, sliding her shotgun from her shoulders and letting it make contact with the base of Tal’Set’s arrow, slowly raising it upwards so it would point away from Aegiomon.

“Wouldn’t want anyone else to get hurt, after all,” she smiled warmly, Ame-no-Uzume still hovering behind her. “There’s been plenty of that today,” Nozomi added. She still wasn’t entirely sure of what the context was, but pointing weapons likely wasn’t the solution… presumably, anyway.

Aggron
The Iron Armor Pokémon didn’t seem bothered by the attacks coming his way, displaying a grand amount of durability as his body glimmered in the sunlight, seemingly solidifying even further and producing an additional layer of self-defense. He successfully ducked beneath two of the explosive projectiles, spinning and destroying the third with a rapid swing of the tail, feeling the heat of the fiery explosion behind him.

Aggron wasn’t sure if that new name would stick, or if any name would stick for that matter- it wasn’t really on the big Pokémon’s bucket list to be captured and assigned a nickname. A simply life chomping steel in a cavern was far more appealing.

Now even more defensively endowed, the Pokémon let out another snarl, tail swaying as it leaned forward once again, ready to charge and attempt another superheavy tackle, though hesitated. Perhaps giving one final opportunity for the goat man to settle things the easy way.

comic

His eyes only registered Nozomi with but a glance, but her desire to diffuse the situation was evident. Tal'Set was left unsatisfied with the goat-man's claimed innocence, its earlier actions could not be justified---but chalking it up to a mistake wasn't dismissable. He supposed, if the creature was to be spared, this "digimon" as it had called itself, then he would merely need to keep an eye on it.

Her shotgun moved his arrow upward, before she could move it no further, for the native american retracted it, tugging it away and sliding it back into his unseeable inventory, along with the tek bow. He wasn't ignorant to the gliding individual pursuing the fleeing monsters, and with the situation here concluded, there was nothing to keep Tal'Set in place. Someone else would need to keep an eye on the goat-man then.

"If you can, tend to the situation here," the warrior directed his words to Nozomi (her being human, he simply assumed she held more authority than the non-humans around. Not out of disrespect or disdain, but out of his experience across the Lost Land in dealing with humans and non-humans). "The army has retreated toward the valley of the twin peaks. I will join in pursuit of them."

He wasted little more breath as he darted away with inhuman agility.​

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums

Aegislash reared back for a moment as the soldier was flung his way, before suddenly lunging forward, slashing many times with his blade, slicing the Gunner apart with Fury Cutter. The defeated soldier fell to the ground with a thud, a multicolored ball of light leaving what was left of his body, hovering just above it.

At that moment, the soldier that had been driving the hovering vehicle opened the door, falling onto the concrete roughly, clearly still recovering from the sudden collision. His armor was green in color, the red visor obscuring his face covered in cracks. He managed to muster the strength to begin crawling away, having now noticed his comrades' bodies lying on the floor.

Meanwhile, screams and gunfire could be heard a few blocks down...

Store Ruins
"Stop right there!"
Several figures rounded the corner at the end of the hall as the three chatted, no doubt attracted by all the noise in the otherwise quiet shopping mall. Two of them were soldiers, one of them donning green armor with a red visor and a device mounted on his arm, the other one covered in yellow armor, a green visor covering his face, a missile-launcher like device hoisted over his shoulder. In the middle of them stood a large, humanoid robot, two red lights mounted on its shoulders, a chainsaw replacing its right arm.​

The soldier in yellow aimed his weapon at Kiwi as the robot walked towards the trio.

"All Minos are to be eradicated! Die!"

The soldier's weapon fired a homing missile directed at the Bard, while the large sentry unit suddenly dashed forward, aiming to slice through Kiwi, then Mercurymon, and finally Jibanyan.

Copen
The Boomerazor had been knocked off course by the plasma grenade, lodging the deadly saw into a wall. It had managed to rip through most of the Grunts before that, leaving only one at the end of the hallway, the one donning blue armor and the weapon with pink needles. It seemed to think Copen was out of options, firing a hail of needles in his direction.

The young man took note of their homing capabilities as he entered Bullit-Shift once more, performing a Bullit Dash towards the nearby wall, rebounding towards the ceiling, then another wall, all while moving closer to the Grunt, needles trailing behind him. Once he got close enough, iX would ricochet directly towards the Grunt, Razor Wheel held out in front of him as he attempted to drive the now normal-sized buzzsaw through the creature. If that failed, he'd position himself as to allow the incoming needles to strike the alien.​

Aegiomon

Aegiomon gave a wordless thanks to Nozomi, who came to efuse the situation. At least there were some amongst the people here that weren't so quick to fight. He took a sigh of relief, that is? Before he heard the Indian mention going after the army.

"Wait a second, did I hear pursue??" Aegiomon objected. "We had the defenders advantage this time, who knows what they might have if we take the fight to them. If you really want to take out the threat, there are other option than just taking the all head on. We gotta be smart about this."

Mercurymon

Just on time. The extras entered stage right. Mercurymon's lip curled like a villain's mustache, this was all too good. As the human yelled his hateful words, they fired a missile while their robot encroached. With a snap of his finger, Mercurymon's right arm vanished, the mirrors swerving into the rocket. The rocket disappeared into the reflector arm before the arm rematerialized, attached back to Mercurymon himself.

"Thou might find the endeavor difficult when it is thee that are receiving thy own eradication!" Mercurymon harked back. "Dark Reflection!"

Mercurymon held the mirror up to the sentry bot that dove toward him, the rocket spitting out of the mirror, set on a collision course to explode on contact with them!

comic

Fjorrd the Crusher

The brutal display of Slash's response made the nord grin beneath his iron helmet, letting out a triumphant laugh. "They crumble like feeble draugr! Hah!"

A commotion from the crashed vehicle drew the dragonborn's attention, his gaze befalling the chariot's driver trying to crawl away. With a loud sniff, Fjorrd stomped toward the man (ignoring the distant sounds of conflict for now) before reaching down, roughly grabbing him by the back of the head, intending on lifting the man up into the air to begin interrogating him, leading with the query of "Where is your leader so that we may kill them?"

The spiral staircase extended up from their floor to the fourth, though a blast-proof door sat, blocking the way onto the rest of the fourth floor. Considering this was not the destination, Howard and Masaru continued, rising up to the third floor---only to find it had received similar treatment. It was blocked off, and should Howard attempt to bring down the barrier as he had for the prior doors, he would find his method to be far more easily deflected. Small dents and thin scratches would appear, but these blast doors were evidently designed for something very powerful.

With the path forward uncertain, the pair would be left to assume there must be another point of entry to this floor, or else abandon their quest and pursue the exit.

The voices grew louder. Brash and rough, the alien tongue being spoken sounded haughty and triumphant. The natural tunnel would bend about at some sharp turns, the crystals becoming less and less abundant until they'd been left behind completely, before the tunnel would open up into another cavern, though this one possessed a mouth where sunlight streamed through. They'd found the exit, but about a dozen massive ape-like creatures blocked the way.

The aliens were conversing among themselves, some holding what appeared to be meat, one of the selected meals appearing to be a human leg that was half-eaten, fresh blood dripping from the beard of the alien that held it. More human corpses lay strewn about, the parts of them not already eaten having been left as skeletons licked almost clean, save for bits of clumping meat that had been ignored, most still wearing armor that had been ripped open to access the entrails of the long-dead men. This appeared to be the fate the earlier corpse had faced.

The creatures didn't take notice of Samus and Ray yet, even if the pair had stepped out into the open, the brutes too busy enjoying their feast to much care for their surroundings.

ENEMY: BRUTE WARRIOR

"Ha!" the grunt shouted, as though triumphant, when he leaped sideway, appearing to believe he'd dodge Copen---only to find his face split in half when the Adept Slayer's razor wheel drove into the skull of the alien. He stopped laughing after that, body falling limp, and while the needles continued to zip after him, they suddenly all began to burst, splitting apart into smaller pink shards before dissipating. Evidently they were designed to only go such a distance before becoming null, sparing Copen from needing to find a method of dealing with them as well.

With the grunts dispatched, they were left with---

BANG!

The exit door suddenly crumped inward toward Copen, as though something massive had just slammed into it. A howling roar quickly followed after, and that was when massive clawed hands began to peel apart the door, which clearly appeared to be half a foot of thick steel, crumpling away like tin foil as the culprit of this action was revealed.

A large and hairy beast, heavy armor surrounding much of his body, and his mouth was agape as he roared and bellowed, tearing the door apart before he charged inside, massive paws thundering against the floor as he burst toward Copen.

ENEMY: BRUTE BERSERKER

Kiwi
"Now wait a second-" Before Kiwi could offer any kind of negotiations to the attackers - Nor any question on what a 'Minos' was, Kiwi assumed it was some kind of derogatory term, but was unsure -, they, well, attacked. Though Kiwi was sure they could handle the projectile fine, Mercurymon took it and threw it to what appeared to be some kind of mechanical beast.
And while Kiwi was not fond of fighting, they were even less fond of dying or letting others die.

So, as the sentry unit moved to attack, just before the missile were to strike it.
"laaaaa!" Kiwi's voice burst out in song, holding a note as a large energy barrier suddenly appeared in front as Kiwi held a hand out forward, as if responding to song. Were the chainsaw to touch it, this energy barrier would go down but create what could be best described as a miniature shockwave, in order to push the sentry back.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums

The soldier gulped as Fjorrd grabbed him by the head, expecting to be swiftly slain, but the dragonborn chose to interrogate him instead.

"All Sumeragi troops receive direct orders from Lord Demerzel..." The soldier rasped out through the suit's external speakers. "His location is classified. I doubt anyone even knows where he is located," he added, a faint smirk barely visible beneath the damaged visor's red tint.

"And to think you can kill Demerzel... You wouldn't even come close to reaching him before being crushed by Sumeragi's might!"

Store Ruins
The reflected missile struck the sentry unit at point-blank range, a cloud of smoke engulfing its front, though the chainsaw arm still swung. It was blocked by Kiwi's barrier, the concussive force sending it skidding backwards. Its front had been clearly damaged by the blast, now being black in color, a few exposed wires protuding from within. It proceeded to switch targets, dashing once more to slice through Mercurymon.

The soldier with the missile launcher fired again, this time locking onto Jibanyan, while the soldier in green grabbed a round, metallic device before lobbing it over the trio as to land behind Kiwi. After a moment, the grenade would explode, releasing a small blast and sending shrapnel flying everywhere.​

Copen
Copen's head swiveled towards the now damaged steel door, taking a step back. Clawed hands then ripped it apart with relative ease, speaking volumes about the creature's physical strength. The massive Brute Berserker was quick to charge in almost like a feral animal, a boom resounding every time its paws struck the floor.

He had little time to act considering this thing's speed. The cyborg performed a Bullit Dash upwards, narrowly avoiding the Brute due to its size, bouncing off the ceiling in an instant to propel himself towards the forcibly opened door, going back into Break-Shift as he landed, thrusters flaring up to provide extra speed as he ran. He hoped Gengar would follow suit, but that would be the least of his concerns. That Brute would be hot on his tail in no time, and he still had to find a way out of here, not to mention dealing with whatever resistance he came across on the way there.

Last edited:

comic

Fjorrd the Crusher

"HA!" The nord's laughter boomed, cutting off the last few syllables of the soldier's words. "Your faith is commendable, if misplaced. I look forward to splitting this Demerzel's skull!" he paused, staring with intrigue at the soldier, before haughtily letting the man go, dropping him to the ground. "Crawl back to your Lord, little person. Tell him the Dragonborn comes his way!"

When the soldier didn't stand, Fjorrd looked down at him, brow creasing in confusion.

Oh yes, that was right, this soldier was wounded. So instead, the warrior shrugged his shoulders and turned back to Slash. "Conflict reaches my ears. We should investigate such a disturbance," he gestured toward the sounds of screams and gunfire.

The brute swung a massive arm up in a frenzied strike for the leaping Copen---but missed, iX evading the swipe and taking off. With a roar, the berserker was quick to pursue, barrelling down the hall after Copen, shoving any items that happened to get in his way out of his way, sending miscellaneous objects flying.

The next area Copen found himself in was another hallway, though the design of this one was vastly different, as it was split into two floors, the center of the second floor being open to reveal it was present, and a distant ramp led up to the second level. Within the room stood several more grunts, around half a dozen, with two additional brutes backing them up. While the berserker wore heavy crimson armor, these ones had dulled armor of a lighter variety, and were carrying blade-like weapons that immediately began to fire large globulous rounds of heated metal. If struck by one, it was melt small holes into armor or skin while also dealing heavy impact damage, enough to push even other brutes off their feet.

"The human has infiltrated the manufacturing center!" one of the brutes roared, his voice deep and gruff, as his appearance indicated. "Seal the exits! Activate automated defenses!"

A center panel in the ceiling hissed as an alien turret was revealed, four heavy barrels twisting rapidly in Copen's direction. While the grunts fired, a hum emitted from the turret as it began to charge up, though did not yet fire.​

Mercurymon

"Did thou learneth nothing??"

Mercurymon clearly wasn't treating the two enemies as if they were any threat. He would take his left arm and bash the sentry bot's weak point with the sharp end of his shield to carve a hole in the bot, the long end protecting him from the melee weapon it held.

Meanwhile his right arm disappeared as to collect the grenade that would predictably clank on the ground inside his mirror. Still partying the blade of the Sentry bot, he slid his arm to face the opening.

"Dark Reflection!"

Within a moment, he would fire out the grenade to the innards of the sentry bot through the hole he had created. But the strategist was not done yet. Still parrying the bot, the mirror began to glow a bright white.

"Offset Reflector!"

The light from the mirror shot out, sending a concussive force to the bot. Judging from the angle, it would in a perfect world, send it skidding to the man before the grenade would encompass them both..

Mokko

Nozomi
“Well, that could’ve gone worse,” Nozomi chuckled, pleased with the fact that neither Aegiomon, Kirby, or herself had been hit with that arrow. She let the shotgun once again rest on her shoulder, watching as the man darted off in pursuit of the enemy, much to the disagreement of the strange child.

The important thing now was to make sure everybody here was alright, after that big battle. Nozomi turned to look at Ame-No-Uzume, giving a task.
“Keep your Media going,” she said, “gotta be sure all these people are nice and healthy.”

“Of course, Lady Nozomi,” the demon smiled, beginning to once again cast the healing magic over their surroundings. As for Aegiomon… Nozomi may have helped him out, but she still really wanted context as to why the kid had been a target in the first place… but he looked pretty young. He’d probably just interfered in the battle somehow, gotten in that guy’s way. Nozomi decided she could save the questions for later.

“…Something tells me he’s got his own idea of how to handle these things,” Nozomi stated to Aegiomon as Tal’Set ran off. She couldn’t say that it was the smartest choice, in her eyes, though.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Lucario
His attack was successful, and both drones were eliminated. Perhaps better yet, the allies who appeared to flee had returned. The aura pokemon nodded with a composed smile
"Excellent. I am glad to see you have returned."
It was then the weak struggling in his grip reminded him of the monkey he held. Lucario could only read fear and shock from it, but none was of use.
"So, what should we do with our.... hostage?"
It was an ugly word, but Lucario failed to think of a better one.

Samus
Ray went ahead, though Samus caught up quickly, exiting the dark cave to see the utterly horrific sight of alien creatures gorging themselves on humans. Samus stopped in her tracks, studying the beasts with her scan visor. Clearly, they appeared strong, and while nothing abnormal was detected, Samus wasn't going to initiate combat. She knew far too little of this place, and she needed to conserve her missiles.

So, she vanished from sight. Using the Aeion Energy in her suit, Samus was virtually invisible, and even her steps were muted as she made her way past the brutes. Though she paused, looking to see what Ray would do. He was small, so it was likely he'd be able to sneak past the occupied aliens. That said, he'd better hurry, she didn't have too much time before the Aeion ran out and she'd be forced to tap into her own energy reserves.

Whispy Woods
Whispy's attacks failed to hit, but at least managed to keep the attackers off him. That said, he didn't like how close the metal beast was to hurting him, and the sudden attack from Max Brass managed to actually land, striking the tree across the...trunk....face, before he caught it with another root. For a minute, Whispy stopped his assault, seemingly considering something.
"Grrrr..."he snarled, before staring down at Asgore.
"Get this monkey off me, and I'll consider listening to you." he relented.

comic

Captain William Joseph Blazkowicz

And just like that, the situation was defused. It wasn't perfect. Hell, it wasn't even cohesive, but at the moment, I could see somethin', Anya. I could see potential. It wasn't what I was used to, but in the Rangers, you were never taught to be picky. You dealt with the cards you were given, and you turned even the most pathetic boots . . . into killin' machines. I figure that analogy probably doesn't sum up the plan formin' in my noggin', but one thing's for certain; I got all the tools in front of me to make one killer team.

The voice of that dog, that . . . Lucario, it called itself, its voice in my head would probably never stop feelin' weird, but it did bring up a good question. What to do with the hostage it held, that monkey that had been drivin' the brush-roller.

"Doesn't feel right to suggest interrogatin' it," I spoke up, sliding my rifle away as I approached. "I mean, it's just a cute lil' monkey. They ain't that smart, so its job was probably pretty simple. What we need to do is find who's given the orders, be that the uh . . . Specter guy in these implanted memories or not. So . . ." my gaze shifted onto the little ape. It looked terrified. I didn't blame it. "We need to get one simple direction, and we let 'im go. 'Till we know more about what we're dealin' with, showin' a little mercy may earn us some respect from this faction in the future. That, or it'll bite us in the ass later."

King Asgore Dreemurr

Just when he thought democracy had died . . . the sentient plant reached out for the olive branch that the old king had earlier extended. Pleased, Asgore let out a small "hm!" from the back of his throat, before his gaze fell unto his companions. "Cease, if you would!" he called, hoping that would be enough to quell them, especially with the tree not delivering any more blows. "I can negotiate with them, and we can still leave on peaceful terms! There's no need to fight."

Asgore wasn't one to not have his own ideas forming. While he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, a thousand years had given him at least a little experience in dealing with people, especially of Max's variety. So while the king extended one hand (metaphorically), he armed the other. Not for aggression, but defense, a faint cyan glow pulsing in one of his palms, intent on summoning cyan barriers between his companions and the tree, should they refuse to relent their aggression.​

Last edited:

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Ray Mk. III
Running ahead seemed to pay off, as there, he had spotted.. well, if he could vomit, he probably would right about now. Creatures, tall and alien, feasting on human flesh. This.. definitely was far more grim than what he had faced before. ..but, knowing that these creatures would maybe not eat him but tear him apart just as mercilessly.. there was no room for fear to be had. A commander always fights until the end, as they say.. especially if said Commander is Robo Cup Champion and Police Trainee.

Though he thought of weaving through their legs, the dread of accidentally grazing one of their legs and setting them off was unnerving to think about, to say the least. So, Ray got another solution. Breaking off into a sprint, the Robo leaped off the ground, now running along the wall. With his small size and speed, he could stick running on the wall, within the cover of darkness, in order to avoid being detected. Ray didn't exactly feel confident with this many enemies around, even if that armoured creature was gonna fight by his side.

Terrarian
(After some talk, it was decided that Terrarian was only allowed to swap loadouts during breaks, not mid-battle. I wasn't aware before, I am now. So, he'll be sticking with the Vortex loadout until the group can rest again. Also to clarify: Asides standard equipment (potions, tools, hook, etc.), Terrarian will only own his loadouts. So, his moveset has since been sized down from BB4, but is still reasonably varied.)

While the Terrarian could theoretically just raise his Ankh Shield and attempt blocking the arrows coming for him.. you know what would make things much more stylish? Blocking Arrows.. WITH FIREWORKS! So, out went the Eventide, and in came the Celebration Mk2! Not just bigger in length, but in size and width. It was like a giant purple space cannon, as if one would expect some kind of violet rail beam to violently burst out its rifle upon pulling the trigger.

What happened instead was a barrage of rainbow firework rockets, leaving behind large explosions upon bursting, each colour granted its own trajectory and explosion appearance. Instead of prismatic arrows, the sky was now lit up with a barrage of firework explosions, knocking the incoming arrows out of the air and bursting the rocks into shards and pebbles. Some rockets even strayed from their path and flew onto the oncoming attackers, a few were homing while others just fell in an arc downwards like a missile dropped from a Bomber.

Aegiomon

"Yeah...seems that way."

Violence always lead to more violence, so he didn't see Tal'set beating fate anytime soon. Shaking his head with a befuddled expression, he turned to Nozomi, who he could at least agree with on one thing; Excessive violence wasn't always warranted

"Hey, I don't think I caught your name." The goat man spoke. "I'm Aegiomon, pleasure to make your acquaintance!"

Psymallard

Previously mallard
Akkala Citadel
The soldiers cheered in the victory over the monsters. Gorons slapped their comrades on the back with excessive, yet good-intented force. The Rito dropped down to the bridge to join the celebration. However, one man wasn't as happy, who walked up to the three that hadn't immediately given chase. The man was dressed in lighter armor than his comrades, what little metal included was darker to compliment the deep reds of his padded vest, navy pants, and the contrasting tan of a light shade that colored his undershirt. His skin was dark, with a pencil-thin mustache that sat over his beard, which had swallowed just his chin. He referred to Nozomi, the most normal-looking out of the three, in a booming, formal voice.
"We appreciate the support with deflecting the monster horde, but now that the bridge is destroyed, we have no safe route off of this mountain. Tell me-" He gripped his two-pronged spear with two hands, pointing it at them. "Are you secretly conspiring with Calamity Ganon?!"

Then, a hand appeared on the man's shoulder. It belonged to another man, with a much less expressive face. He had pale skin, a big nose, and medium-length dirty blond hair. Like the first man, he wore less armor than the other soldiers, but had light plating on his upper body. "Simmer down Hoz, we have spare planks we can set across the bridge. I agree it was disrespectful to demolish part of the great Akkala Citadel, but we were barely surviving before they appeared." The first man, Hoz, grumbled and stepped away. "Sorry about him, he's known to be feisty. Anyhow, the name is Nell."

Hills of Baumer
The Terrarian unleashed a chromatic hellstorm down upon the monsters just as Tethi arrived on the scene. Most monsters near cover had the sense to duck behind it, and so many of them survived. After the attack was finished, there was fire carpeting the once-lovely hills, slowly burning the remaining cover. The monsters with regular arrows dipped them in the fire to increase damage, and resumed their return fire at the Terrarian, not noticing Tethi at the moment, or Tal'Set, who was rapidly approaching.

Officer Howard
A blast door. The Beast Legion disappeared, and the Arm Legion was already charging at the door. Instantly, the surface was riddled with dents, as over the next five seconds, the brute unleashed hundreds of punches, each one strong enough to cause one of the earlier doors to buckle. After that was done, the creature of otherworldly strength reared both arms back, the jets flaring behind them, before slamming into the door with awesome force.

If that still didn't work, the Legion disappeared, leaving Howard to throw futile punches of his own at the beaten door.

Jibanyan
Jibanyan was busy licking chocolate off his paws when the soldiers came into view.

"Stop right there!"

The yokai obliged, throwing his hands up, before they attacked. They didn't target him outright, and that's when he remembered that he was usually invisible. However, that wouldn't stop him from joining in the fight to protect his new friends! He leapt at the mech as Mercurymon had stopped its saw.

"I don't knyow why you guys wannya kill 'Minyos', but I'll teach you nyot to mess with us! Here I come, Paws of-!"

Jibanyan was interrupted as a missile caved in his face, carrying the cat into the food court before exploding! When the smoke cleared, he lay there behind the counter, dazed and with soot all over his fur.

Max Brass
"Tell this cranky hunk of lumber to quit grabbing my ARMS with his grimy roots, first!" the boxer complained. His muscles now back to the usual, the Commish leaned back, before shooting forward, slingshotting himself towards the tree for a superpowered dropkick towards the tree's face!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
---Sumeragi Campaign---
City Slums

With the soldier left behind, Fjorrd and Aegislash walked down the damaged street, following the sounds of conflict. Everything seemed equally desolate, trash fires littered throughout the streets, several withered trees lining the sidewalks. The households they came across were also in bad shape, their windows broken. Those who lived in these slums seemed to be either gone or hiding.

The two soon reached a small plaza, or at least what was left of it. The patches of grass were in a similar state to the trees they'd seen, some of them partially obscured by rubble. There was a central fountain that was still functioning, but its water had a crimson tint to it, no doubt belonging to some of the bodies spread throughout the plaza. The remains of a statue could also be seen nearby, broken into chunks, most of them charred, a few noticeable cracks present in some of them.

What stood out most, however, was the large machine hovering just over the pedestal where the statue once sat. It was a drone, its body aquamarine in color, split into an upper and a lower half. It seemed to be in pretty bad shape, a noticeable amount of paint having been chipped off, its bottom half missing one of its 'legs', the lights on the front and sides broken, though they were glowing a faint pink hue. A minigun was mounted on its front, firing a storm of bullets down at a single survivor that was running away from the plaza, soon managing to dive behind a piece of rubble.

Enemy: FAZENT

Store Ruins
Mercurymon's tactics proved effective, the Digimon lodging the grenade inside the robot before sending it flying backwards with concussive force, the grenade exploding right before it reached the soldier in green, who brought a buckler-like shield in front of himself, pink energy shimmering along it.

A cloud of smoke engulfed the two, soon dissipating to reveal that the soldier had survived the blast, though the robot was reduced to scrap. The Grenadier's shield had clearly been weakened, the once vibrant light now barely noticeable. Seeing as his tactics were ineffective, the soldier ran in towards Mercurymon, going for a shield bash.

Just then, the air behind Jibanyan seemed to distort, and another soldier appeared. This one hovered midair, donning purple armor with gold accents and an overcoat, a silver visor concealing their face. The soldier had no weapon in hand, instead raising their arms before firing three orbs of psychic energy down at Jibanyan, then firing another three at Mercurymon and Kiwi.

Copen
All eyes were on him now. Eight or so enemies were standing in front of him now, including two Brutes that seemed far more intelligent than their primal counterpart, who was still chasing after iX. If the berserk creature was as aggressive as he thought, perhaps he could use that to his advantage... Either way, he was heading for the second floor now.

Still boosting forwards, Copen propelled himself towards the closest Grunt, swiping with his Razor Wheel as he closed in to deflect a few plasma bolts, before he attempted to smash into the creature at full speed, making use of his Recoil Dash to send it flying into the still-charging defense turret. If all went according to plan, the two would be taken out at the same time, or at the very least it would slow them down while he charged through.

Regardless of the result, Copen would immediately enter Bullit-Shift, flying forwards and into a wall at an upward angle, rebounding towards the ceiling, then the wall opposite to the one he started on. He was making himself as hard to hit as possible, plasma and blobs of metal whizzing past him as he progressed towards the distant ramp, choosing to ignore the grunts. He would then fly into one of the Brutes, aiming to place a tag by slamming his Razor Wheel into the alien's head. If successful, he'd vault off the creature and land behind him, going back to Break-Shift and making a mad dash for the ramp, the Razor Wheel firing homing buzzsaws at the Brute for the next ten seconds or so.

And if his theory was correct? That berserker would still be barreling after him, tearing through all in his path.

Mercurymon

"Tsk Tsk, perhaps the poor lad suffered brain damage from the latest blow." Mercurymon offered snidely. "Very well then, I shall give unto thee a healthy dose of pain!"

The man thought to bring his weakened shield to bare on Mercurymon's, not a clever move. He'd give a swipe of his shield to break what remained of the weaker shield before his metal hands would clutch the man's head, raising him up by his skull.

"Where is thy bluster now, pathetic whelp?" Mercurymon chastised. "Perhaps if you divulge the information of thy employer, I may refuse to squeeze."

That's when a new figure appeared. Mercurymon hadn't adequate time to predict what this one was capable of, so as they fired psychic bolts, Mercurymon raised his free arm.

"Offset Reflector!"

Projecting light at an 45° angle, he shot the beam at the floor, propelling himself backwards a few feet, maintaining his hostage as well as his wits about him. These 'Allies', are they truly worth the trouble? Hm. If they cannot defeat Simple henchmen one might consider just destroying them and absorbing their data.

DevVoid

Previously Deathstalker62
Terrarian
Well, it appears this event of.. whatever invasion this was has finally ended. The monsters were pushed back and though they still fired at him, he could finally back away. He still kept his rocket shooting up, aiming solely at the incoming arrows now, zooming backwards in a straight line on his Celestial Hoverboard. At least, he did so until he felt he was out of range enough where he could finally get back to the ground in relative safety. To top this off, the Terrarian activated his Vortex' stealth mode when he managed to get a fair distance, cloaking himself in a barely visible dark-blue tint and hoping this would throw off the monsters' pursuit.

Looking down at the structure, the Terrarian could spot more figures that seemed to be out of place.. and one of them looked veeerryyy familiar..

..wait.
Pink body?
Big round eyes?
Red shoes?
Puffy?

This.. this was Kirby, wasn't it? The Terrarian would've been mad.. if this were his old self. But time has passed since that one tournament and Terrarian has grown to be more disregarding of what had happened. Especially when they all seemed to be in the same boat as him, as of now at least. Landing by a bush, the Terrarian had walked up to the group, but did not uncloak himself until he had gotten in speaking distance (or atleast, in a distance where they could read the words above his head), his blue-shaded body now gaining full colour again, as if re-materializing, light- and dark-blue particles following his reveal.

'Hey, uh, whoever owns this castle.. sorry about that giant hole. Still though, what was that event all about? Why were these monsters here to begin with?'

With a simple wave of acknowledgement, the Terrarian had gave a small greeting to the pink puffball while still looking at the general group of peopl- ..er, creatures.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Kirby
The pinky puff looked back and forth between Nozomi, Aegiomon, and Tal'set as they discussed, before Tal'set chose to run off. Kirby turned around, wondering if he should chase them, but the man already far gone.
Oh well, more people seemed to appear anyway, though one wasn't quite so friendly. Another one, however, was familiar.
Kirby waved at the Terrarian brightly, remembering the fun match they had so long ago. Shame he had to reject the bribe. It looked tasty.
Having heard Aegiomon introduce themselves. and seeing all the new folk around, Kirby figured it was his time to talk. Well, the best he could anyway.
"Kaabiii!" He barked out his name, pointing at himself with what looked like pride.

Mokko

Nozomi
“Name’s Nozomi,” the blonde woman spoke. “I’m with the Hunter’s Association,” she added, hoping it would ring a bell, but deep down she knew better. It was doubtful that somebody outside the dome would know what that is.

“And queen of the fairies,” Ame-no-Uzume added in a playful tone from behind Nozomi, which caused the hunter to sigh and smile.
“Yeeeah. Guess that is my title, isn’t it?” she nodded. “Anyways, it’s nice to meet you too-”

She paused as they were approached by the two men, the first of which throwing out what seemed like an accusation. Nozomi wished she knew what the heck either of these people were talking about, but the second one seemed to be a bit more reasonable.

“Sorry about all that,” she offered to the two locals, her demon eyeing the two with a hint of suspicion. Nozomi was usually confronted by all sorts of demons- aggressive, passive, cruel, tricky, kind- so she knew how to talk and negotiate with all kinds of people. Charisma was a skill that all hunters needed to develop at some point, or they ended up becoming minced meat for demon consumption.
“If you wouldn’t mind humoring me, who’s this Calamity Ganon character you’re talkin’ about? If I had to take a guess… not a nice fella?”

Axe

"Yeah, er...A little mercy never hurt, I'm sure!" Axe was quick to agree with with Blazkowicz. He didn't really get what a monkey was, but it was cute.

Kiwi
More of them? What did these...Minos do to deserve this kinda stuff...Probably nothing.

"Ooooooooo!"
Kiwi let out another note of song as the new attacker appeared and launched energy attacks at them all, attempting to use the note of song to redirect the energy straight into the ground...And potentially catching Mercurymon's bolts in the process.

Tethi
Seeing the flier who had been attacking the enemy forces back away, Tethi made the quick decision that it was unlikely she'd stay hidden for much longer, beginning to sneak her way to return to the citadel, before stopping as she saw the dashing Tal'Set. Seeing this, she decided to turn around, not wanting to be mistaken for one of the monsters - And readied her crossbow as she attempted to take a vantage point to overlook the still retreating monsters...

Aegiomon

"Oh, so you must be a human! I've heard a lot about those. Nice to finally meet one, and a friendly one too!"

Aegiomon was glad the two saw eye to eye, loosening up his demeanor. That is, before Ame-no-Uzume introduce her by another name, by royalty, to which he surely got a little more rigid.

"Oh um, your highness." Aegiomon said, offering a somewhat awkward bow to Nozomi.

Trying to be as polite as possible, he hoped he didn't just make a fool of himself in front of a monarch so important. Queen of fairies? Gosh, that's a lot of pressure. During his bow, a pink puffball came up to him, the same one that danced just a minute ago. It seemed to introduce themselves, Aegiomon crouching down to them.

"Kah...bee? Is that your name?" Aegiomon questioned, looking down at them, barley holding back a laugh. "Well Kahbee, I like your energy, haha! Put 'er there."

He reached out his hand to shake Kirby's...uh...hand?

Masaru

"Pffft, that was it? You can't even break open a stupid door-"

That's when the quadruped legion underneath him vanished, sending the red head to land flat on his butt. He hissed as he hit the ground, rubbing his backside. A sense of humor, this demon. Putting his headphones back to even with his head, he wobbled to his feet, giving him the stink eye.

"Hey blockhead, don't you think you should be giving ME the gun? You already got those weird mecha guys, it ain't no fair for you to hog the guns too. So c'mon, fork over one!"

Masaru was rather demanding considering his weakest link status in the pair. There was also no guaranteed he wouldn't use said gun on Howard as soon as he were to get one.

Last edited:

comic

——Hills of Baumer——

He bore witness to the awesome display of colored explosives coming from the flying individual, and the rage they wrought on the land. The warrior couldn't help but inwardly cringe, wondering what Great Spirits would be wounded from such a selfish display of power. It was thanks to this, however, that the Son of Stone went unseen, and upon witnessing the enemy attempting to dig in, Tal'Set understood he would not be able to take on the entire army, especially not now that the strange entity in the air had suddenly retreated for no discernible reason. A shame, but the Fury of Hope did not pursue to wage more conflict. He was interested in finding where these beasts worked out of, if possible, and if it were in smaller areas of claustrophobic tunnels, he'd be given a much greater combat advantage than out here in the open.

Hoping he had moved quick enough to avoid detection, Tal'Set darted toward the cover yet untouched by the inferno the retreated ally had brought forth. If successful at maintaining stealth, he would begin to follow at a much slower, much more calculated rate, now that he had caught up with the enemy. If he was discovered however . . . a retreat may be the best course of action until he had better support.

King Asgore Dreemurr

——The Quiet Forest——

(Aggron Auto Granted by Mokko)
While expected, Asgore was a little disappointed at Max's response. He couldn't remain disappointed, however, there had been a time long ago when he was like that in battle, and he'd grown used to it with Undyne. Instead, he summoned his cyan barrier, which had no known means of breaking, as the only goal with it was to remain still, the only method of avoiding damage from it. Otherwise, it would act like a wall, with only SOULs being capable of passing through it with delegated damage.

So Brass' attack found itself interrupted prematurely when the barrier appear, stopping Mister Brass in his tracks, presumably unbalancing him for a short moment, as it was doubtful he'd physically prepared himself to absorb the "landing", so to speak. What was surprising, however, was the Metal Monster's compliance. Douglas simply let out a snort, before stomping its way to stand beside the old king.

"Please, Mister Brass, let's be civil," Asgore urged.

Fjorrd the Crusher

——Sumeragi City Slums——

This place was looking in rough shape---or maybe this was how it usually looked. He had been to many strange places before, so unless proven otherwise, the nord now perceived these war-torn streets as the normal appearance of this area. It wasn't long before they came across a . . . sight. Fjorrd wasn't sure how to describe the odd contraption. It was like a siege ballistic, except unmanned, and fired rapid little stones. A fleeing man was successfully evading the barrage, though only barrier. With a chuckle, the nord casually nudged the flat of Slash's blade. "Watch this," he grinned, before he leaped into the air, hurtling in an arch toward the strange machination, intending on slamming into it while slamming his axe's down upon it, believing it would be a simple matter of crushing it.

——The Spirit Crystal Tombs——

Stealth was the chosen method of bypassing these enemies. Too engorged in their meal, these Brutes did not pay much mind in any regard to their surroundings. One might even wonder if stealth was necessary, it was almost doubtful that the aliens would be disturbed as they laughed and burped, shouting out about their victory and their feast.

One Brute, however, appeared to be more observant than the others. His armor was the same, indicating he was of the same rank, but his mouth wasn't bloodstained like the others, and his eyes were wide and alert. He must have been some sort of sentry, needing to focus on threats rather than a full belly.

His name?

MINIBOSS DISCOVERED: Zygetus the Ambitious

Samus Agility = 16
Samus Roll = 11
Samus Total = 27
Ray Agility = 20
Ray Roll = 5
Ray Total = 25

Brutes Dexterity = 5, 5
Brute Roll = 5, 2
Brute Total = 10, 7
Zygetus Dexterity = 9
Zygetus Roll = 17
Zygetus Total = 26

Results:
Samus and Ray are not as imperceivable as they'd hoped.

As Samus and Ray slipped closer and closer toward the exit, the eyes of the watchful Zygetus would flicker toward their direction at each movement. Only upon stopping did his gaze drift away, but it appeared he could see more than with just his eyes, as it was becoming clearer that he could sense Samus' presence, though Ray's quick movements in the dark proved enough to keep from sight, he too was not immune to the keen senses of the ambitious Brute, whose black fur began to brustle notably, and a strong stench began to waft through the cavern entrance. This scent seemed to alert the carefree Brutes, who began to perk up, their own fur beginning to bristle in response.

Zygetus had released pheromones into the air, allowing him to wordlessly communicate with his pack at the danger he was beginning to sense, and his eyes now ceased to leave Samus' direction.

"We are not alone, brothers . . ." Zygetus hissed out, his tone low and scratchy, almost airy in quality.

——UAC Research Facility Prometheus——

Howard's methods of attack resulted in his efforts being . . . all for naught. These blast doors were evidently designed for something very powerful in mind, far more so than the prior obstacles they'd encountered. Upon Howard's final few punches of resignation against the door, Masaru turned from taunting the man to asking for a gun.

Their moment of respite was short-lived, however, as familiar, though haunting, screeches began to reach their ears. It seemed that earlier Imp was not a once-off encounter. There were more headed their way, no doubt attracted by Howard's aggression against the blast door. With enemies closing in, their echoing cries almost impossible to pinpoint as they seemed to come from above and below, they were left with few options of response, most of which involved engaging the demons in direct conflict. Upon the staircase, options were limited, especially for Masaru without his prime weapon of choice at his disposal.

——Banished Outpost Gau'lgerrk——

"Why he so fast!?" one grunt cried out as Copen darted this way and that, keeping any of the aliens from locking onto his position. However, that same grunt was silenced a moment later when Copen rammed against it with enough force to send the unggoy flying like a loose ragdoll, slamming into the charging defense turret. Presumedly to Copen's surprise, the large and clunky pyramid-shaped tank on the grunts back erupted in a shower of sparks and faint green gas that dispersed when it made contact, bits of metal going flying this way and that.

It would seem the grunts had a major weakness in their back tanks.

The turret, meanwhile, seemed a little more durable than expected, only having twisted slightly to the side following impact and methane detonation. Orange light began to glow from inside each of its six barrels, growing ever closer to opening fire.

Copen Agility = 13
Copen Roll = 12
Copen Total = 25

Brute Strength = 12
Brute Roll = 12
Brute Total = 24

Results:
Copen isn't able to escape the Brute's grasp, but receives no damage.

The Adept Slayer zipped toward one of the Brutes, slamming his razor wheel against its head, but the blade only dug so far, stopping slightly short due to the armor's thickness, catching the blade long enough to keep Copen from performing his intended vault behind the beast, as its mighty arms grabbed onto his legs just as he was sailing overhead, and the alien swung him forward, slinging Copen through the air, headed right for the Berserker, who had just pummeled an unlucky Grunt out of his way.​

Last edited: