• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

... Colosseum 2? O_O

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
http://www.cube-europe.com/newsgfx/pokegc/scan.jpg

Look at those trainers! The way they're chatting; the battle with Zangoose... This is seeming a bit too much like Scenerio mode, eh? Could it be? Could they really be making a Colosseum 2?

What do you guys think? And can anyone translate the text?

Looks a lot like Colosseum. Giant Krabby building behind the Zangoose guy, similar textures...floating holographic Poké Ball marking a Pokémon Center...definitely a Colosseum 2 idea. But since the main character is so much younger, perhaps you'll obtain your Pokémon through traditional methods?

I was sorta hoping the next GameCube game might take place in a world where DP Pokémon are hanging around, but both DP and this new game are set for a 2005 release, and DP aren't expected until Q4. No Munchlax. :cry:

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I look forward to any news on this game.

Which will be friday. I assure you. Nintendo has released the first screenshots to the japanese gaming press and now their websites will update with news on them.

^^ I can't wait. Collosseum 2 is definitely what it seems to be. Though feminine, i don't quite get. The character models are more correctly proportioned and the hero just seems younger. Besides, all you need to be a hero in an anime/rpg is spikey hair - he has that - he wins. ^^

This game could actually make me want to buy a Gamecube. And for one reason only, it apparently has "more traditional RPG elements" according to Pokeschool's news. If this is true then this game could be what I've wanted ever since I saw the anime. I always wanted a big roamy round game with lots of little sidequests.

I'm sure the Pokémon will be wild. They wouldn't support a young kid going around and stealing other trainers' Pokémon, would they? Nah.

Oh! Maybe they'll make it like the anime, where you only get Pokémon if they like you enough to leave their homes to come with you willingly!

:cry:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Harsh wind blows through the trees*
And that, my friends, is the sound of QQ jinxing us. Thanks alot, Mr. Waterfish :twisted:

We have to keep in mind that this isn't going to be a 'true' adventure, but hopefully it will feel more adventurous then Colossem 1. Either way I'll buy it. I didn't hate the original that much :p

Agreed, Colosseum wasn't bad at all. In fact, looking back at it, I very much enjoyed it. Didn't a chill run down your spine the first time you played it? Battling in 3D?

The only downfall of the game was the lack of wild Pokémon, and not because you couldn't catch infinite numbers of them, but because when you wanted to train or level up, you had to resort to the Colosseums or Mt. Battle, and that got annoying real fast, especially since you needed to have a very high-leveled team if you wanted to get through the boss quintet (then again, my team was a bunch of ragtags from Johto that normally wouldn't see the time of day: Umbreon, Sudowoodo, Qwilfish, etc...).

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I always have an Umbreon, its one of my favourite pokemon. It usually has Toxic, Confuse Ray, Mean Look and Faint Attack. My anti-psychic pokemon.